ImageImageImageImageImage

The 2012-13 NCAA Knicks fan March Madness Bracket group

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,965

Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread 

Post#261 » by Manhattan Project » Thu Mar 7, 2013 4:36 am

With March Madness almost upon us, I was thinking of who I might want in the final foul. I'm completely stumped, because this year has been one of the most perplexing years in as long as I can remember.

Bumped into this
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#262 » by Flaming Mo » Thu Mar 7, 2013 3:01 pm

SkyMason21 wrote:Reggie Bullock is definitely one of my favorites now. Another great game at Maryland with 19 pts and 12 rebs. His decision making is probably my favorite thing about him, always hits the open man and never forces anything. Only disappointment is his free throw shooting slump. Has had 10 of his 16 missed free throws in the past 8 games.

Also has anyone watched a lot of Dexter Strickland this year? He seems to have improved as a pg averaging 4 assist and only 1.3 TOs a game.

Strickland is not an NBA player, offense is extremely limited, he can barely score on his own in college. Bullock is a stud, just a complete well rounded talent with NBA size, strength and athletisism.
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...
StephNYKurry
General Manager
And1: 2,198

Post#263 » by StephNYKurry » Thu Mar 7, 2013 4:04 pm

Reggie is so perfect for us it isn't even funny.

We need someone who can guard 3's
We need someone who can stretch the floor
We need someone who can get points without dominating the ball
We need someone who can rebound from the Small Forward position

I can't think of a better fit. I think he'd start for us from Day 1.

He's shooting 50% from the field and 45% from 3. Dude is going to be an excellent player wherever he goes.
What do I care...it's rigged anyway
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,124

Post#264 » by moocow007 » Thu Mar 7, 2013 4:18 pm

Yeah I agree. I think Bullock would be a good fit. He may not have the most upside and isn't the most athletic guy but he's tough, he's fearless, he's got good size, he's got skills ready out of the box and he's consistent so you know what you are going to get from him each night which makes it easier to slot him in for minutes on a team like this. A lot of the other wings may have more athleticism or might seem to have more upside but they are all more question markish and probably not a fit for where this team is at right now in terms of risk and/or waiting around for them to develop game or body or mind.
StephNYKurry
General Manager

Post#265 » by StephNYKurry » Thu Mar 7, 2013 4:52 pm

moocow007 wrote:Yeah I agree. I think Bullock would be a good fit. He may not have the most upside and isn't the most athletic guy but he's tough, he's fearless, he's got good size, he's got skills ready out of the box and he's consistent so you know what you are going to get from him each night which makes it easier to slot him in for minutes on a team like this. A lot of the other wings may have more athleticism or might seem to have more upside but they are all more question markish and probably not a fit for where this team is at right now in terms of risk and/or waiting around for them to develop game or body or mind.

Exactly my thinking. We are in win now mode for better or for worse. I'm looking for guys with a developed skill set, that can produce on the first day that they see the practice floor. We have people to do what Reggie can't do. It's everything that he provides, that make him such an attractive target.

I think Reggie is going to probably play himself into the 1st round. Reggie and a scoring guard in the 2nd round (Wolters, Green), would be a nice haul.

And btw, the reason I think he's such a sure bet to come out is that Reg has a kid. So anywhere near the 1st and I think he's gone. I know I'm sure going to miss him playing for the heels.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,010

Post#266 » by blue and orange » Fri Mar 8, 2013 12:25 am

It looks like this upcoming tourney is gonna be complete chaos. The mid majors have closed the gap on the top tier teams one day one of these teams will win it all, its gotten to the point where the mid majors dont just think they can beat the big boys they know it.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#267 » by moocow007 » Fri Mar 8, 2013 12:30 am

StephNYKurry wrote:
moocow007 wrote:Yeah I agree. I think Bullock would be a good fit. He may not have the most upside and isn't the most athletic guy but he's tough, he's fearless, he's got good size, he's got skills ready out of the box and he's consistent so you know what you are going to get from him each night which makes it easier to slot him in for minutes on a team like this. A lot of the other wings may have more athleticism or might seem to have more upside but they are all more question markish and probably not a fit for where this team is at right now in terms of risk and/or waiting around for them to develop game or body or mind.

Exactly my thinking. We are in win now mode for better or for worse. I'm looking for guys with a developed skill set, that can produce on the first day that they see the practice floor. We have people to do what Reggie can't do. It's everything that he provides, that make him such an attractive target.

I think Reggie is going to probably play himself into the 1st round. Reggie and a scoring guard in the 2nd round (Wolters, Green), would be a nice haul.

And btw, the reason I think he's such a sure bet to come out is that Reg has a kid. So anywhere near the 1st and I think he's gone. I know I'm sure going to miss him playing for the heels.

Yeah I agree.

Although if the Knicks want a 2nd rounder as well they're going to have to buy one cause they traded away there own. They gave it to the Wizards so that they'd take Rony Turiafs contract as part of the Tyson Chandler trade.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#268 » by moocow007 » Fri Mar 8, 2013 7:10 pm

Not exactly NCAA but what's the deal with the kid from Greece by way of Nigeria, Giannis Adetokunbo?

6'9" not quite 200lbs...can play 4 positions, being talked about as a point forward. May not be finished growing...currently projected to be a bottom of the 1st pick by DX.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/NBA-Draft-Prospect-of-the-Week-Giannis-Adetokunbo-4090/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km632hL-XCo&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Got some giant sized hands...looks freaky in fact.

Also as of right now nbadraft.net has us taking Rudy Gobert the 7'1" Marcus Camby like C from France while DX has us taking 6'7" Sergey Karasev, SF from from Russia.
StephNYKurry
General Manager

Post#269 » by StephNYKurry » Fri Mar 8, 2013 7:56 pm

That's some straight up Alien ****
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,965

Post#270 » by Manhattan Project » Sat Mar 9, 2013 6:12 am

Similar in the sense that Biyombo at this time started popping up on some mocks, then boom erupted into a frenzy and eventual lottery pick. The write up on him makes him sound real intriguing, a guy that size that can handle the ball. Really seems like he is making his way over there, rising through the ranks. A guy I'm going to keep an eye on moving forward for sure.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Drun53
Sixth Man
And1: 337

Post#271 » by Drun53 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:26 pm

Did anyone here just see the ending to that Indiana vs Michigan game? WOW.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
StephNYKurry
General Manager

Post#272 » by StephNYKurry » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:48 pm

Drun53 wrote:Did anyone here just see the ending to that Indiana vs Michigan game? WOW.

Was done with College Basketball for the weekend at about 9:30 last night
BRIGGS
Analyst
And1: 128

Post#273 » by BRIGGS » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:04 am

My updated draft

Two week update

1. Kelly Olynck---still no doubt in my mind hes the best player in the draft. In and out best prospect in the NCAA at 7-0245
2 Ben Mclemore--moved him back up with his explosive showing last week. Ballhandling still suspect
3. Victor Olapido-- Still needs to develop offense best 2 guard body/athleticism in draft if he can get the offense down watch out
4. Cody Zeller--Fundamentally the 2nd best big man in draft with Noels hurt doesnt have a passionate side heart a ??
5. Otto Porter--teams have keyed on him--the guy has carried an over rated G twon team to the BE championship RS
6 Nate Wolters --Best player not known shooting from 3 has fallen off last few games since injured but looks every bit of a version of Ricky Rubio great ballhandler great with the left nice finisher at the rim great passer.
7. Trey Burke--close to Wolters as best PG plays with better competition really nice player 8. Marcus Smart--Great body for a combo guard that will have to adjust to the NBA 1. Needs to work on his shot.
9. Shabazz Muhammed--stable scoring all year could stand another year of improvement but hes going pro and will be drafted top 10
10 Anthony Bennet---this is about right for him size impedes a high ranking 11 Nerlens Noel- would be top 3 without injury
12 Jahii Carson--wow Ty lawson unleashed part 2
13 CJ Mccolum--cant forget just how good he is. Injury is now healed
14 Erick Greene(under rated) 6-3 guard who will need ot transition 2 1 guard but can score rebound and plays very well in transition.
Vanilla Ice is the best rap artist of all time
hoop365dotcom
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#274 » by hoop365dotcom » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:58 am

How is Ben McLemore not in any of these?
He is an absolute beast!
hoop365dotcom
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#275 » by hoop365dotcom » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:05 am

oops sorry, didn't notice you put him as second :)
Sorry i misread!
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,104

Post#276 » by Tron Carter » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:11 pm

ua made the tourney this year :D

third time in school history!
R.I.P Black Mamba
GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 2,920

Post#277 » by GettinitDone » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:06 pm

BRIGGS wrote:My updated draft

Two week update

1. Kelly Olynck---still no doubt in my mind hes the best player in the draft.

Wait, so you're serious?!? I just realized how bad the draft is. He reminds me of Tyler Hansbrough but he has better feel for scoring (although psycho T scored a lot in UNC) and a better athlete.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#278 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:32 pm

GettinitDone wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:My updated draft

Two week update

1. Kelly Olynck---still no doubt in my mind hes the best player in the draft.

Wait, so you're serious?!? I just realized how bad the draft is. He reminds me of Tyler Hansbrough but he has better feel for scoring (although psycho T scored a lot in UNC) and a better athlete.

what does he have in common with psycho t? :-?
GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 2,920

Post#279 » by GettinitDone » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:55 pm

They both play PFs, play aggresive & physical, and white?
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,452

Post#280 » by ibraheim718 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:02 pm

The Lobos better get a 2 or 3 seed.

Return to New York Knicks