ImageImageImageImageImage

The 2012-13 NCAA Knicks fan March Madness Bracket group

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,349

Re: The 2012-13 NCAA Knicks fan March Madness Bracket group 

Post#501 » by kane » Tue Apr 9, 2013 6:49 pm

the best thing out of the whole tournament is this gif.... SHOTS FIRED!

GettinitDone
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,860

Post#502 » by GettinitDone » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:04 am

GONYK wrote:MCW doesn't seem all too good to me. I think people think he is better than he is simply because of the team he played for. His decision making left a whole lot to be desired from the PG position once the real competition started.

He has unteachable length (long hands and legs), he has some skills but damn raw. At times he looks like deer in headlights, looks lost and don't know how to play under pressure. I don't think he's ready for NBA. Another year would do wonders.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#503 » by br7knicks » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:34 pm

HakeemKnicks wrote:do you guys think gorgui dieng as a possibility for us this year?

I see ibaka potential but actually developed properly rather then shooting jump shots.

yeah i asked that. i see him as a less athletic larry sanders possibly. less offensive game. maybe more like seraphin, very raw.

a lot of mock drafts have him around late teens, early 20's. possible. not sure after them winning the title though. stock may have gone up
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
br7knicks

Post#504 » by br7knicks » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:35 pm

yaboynyp wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
i think they said he has very little upside because he's older.

i do like that guy dieng though. big defender.

don't need an elite level pro. vasquez does just fine over in NOH. i'd like him to be on this team, especially on that contract of his. going for 7+ apg in the Big East is pretty damn good though.

You’re misunderstanding me… I’m not talking about Elite relative to Pro Players. I like MCW as a prospect I think you could even argue he could be a top 5 talent in this draft. 22 is still young when you consider he hasn’t been coached by Nba staffs and trainers, he only played 1 year at Cuse so even though he’s older he’s not experienced and still has a lot of room to grow.

That being said he did not average 7 asst a game in the BE. In BE play he averaged 5.7. He had 11 games with 10 or more assists in a game, but it was against horrible competition. Colgate, Canisius, Wagner, Monmouth etc..That really skews his overall total because 9 of those 11 were out of Conference games not against BE teams. The 2 BE teams he did against were Depaul and Seton Hall both bad teams. The good teams know he can’t shoot so they sag of him and stay attached to everyone else, in those games he struggled.

He put up some real stinkers against good comp..

ahh, i got ya. i didn't know that about his assists. yeah, those are not great teams, but it still means he's capable of putting up those types of numbers. look at vasquez. he was more of a scorer in maryland than he is now in NOH.
RIP, magnumt '19

br7knicks

Post#505 » by br7knicks » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:36 pm

GettinitDone wrote:
GONYK wrote:MCW doesn't seem all too good to me. I think people think he is better than he is simply because of the team he played for. His decision making left a whole lot to be desired from the PG position once the real competition started.

He has unteachable length (long hands and legs), he has some skills but damn raw. At times he looks like deer in headlights, looks lost and don't know how to play under pressure. I don't think he's ready for NBA. Another year would do wonders.

can say that about a lot of guys. vasquez entered nba after several years at maryland, and older than 22, and look at him now.
RIP, magnumt '19

SkyMason21
Junior
And1: 79

Post#506 » by SkyMason21 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:41 pm

br7knicks wrote:
HakeemKnicks wrote:do you guys think gorgui dieng as a possibility for us this year?

I see ibaka potential but actually developed properly rather then shooting jump shots.

yeah i asked that. i see him as a less athletic larry sanders possibly. less offensive game. maybe more like seraphin, very raw.

a lot of mock drafts have him around late teens, early 20's. possible. not sure after them winning the title though. stock may have gone up

Why do you think Dieng has a raw offensive game? He has consistently knocked down mid range shots all year.pick & pop, spotting up baseline, or catching & shooting at above the free throw line. He's shown nice footwork on the occasional finesse post move and is starting to use shot fakes while facing up to create driving opportunities. He needs more work on his post game but he's shown a lot you can build on imo.
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 206

Post#507 » by yaboynyp » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:47 pm

br7knicks wrote:
yaboynyp wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
i think they said he has very little upside because he's older.

i do like that guy dieng though. big defender.

don't need an elite level pro. vasquez does just fine over in NOH. i'd like him to be on this team, especially on that contract of his. going for 7+ apg in the Big East is pretty damn good though.

You’re misunderstanding me… I’m not talking about Elite relative to Pro Players. I like MCW as a prospect I think you could even argue he could be a top 5 talent in this draft. 22 is still young when you consider he hasn’t been coached by Nba staffs and trainers, he only played 1 year at Cuse so even though he’s older he’s not experienced and still has a lot of room to grow.

That being said he did not average 7 asst a game in the BE. In BE play he averaged 5.7. He had 11 games with 10 or more assists in a game, but it was against horrible competition. Colgate, Canisius, Wagner, Monmouth etc..That really skews his overall total because 9 of those 11 were out of Conference games not against BE teams. The 2 BE teams he did against were Depaul and Seton Hall both bad teams. The good teams know he can’t shoot so they sag of him and stay attached to everyone else, in those games he struggled.

He put up some real stinkers against good comp..

ahh, i got ya. i didn't know that about his assists. yeah, those are not great teams, but it still means he's capable of putting up those types of numbers. look at vasquez. he was more of a scorer in maryland than he is now in NOH.

It also shows he’s not able to do it against legit competition. Greives scored on everybody in college (top tier and lower tier teams), he was a tough cover and left College a complete player. MCW is not nearly that refined..
br7knicks

Post#508 » by br7knicks » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:11 pm

SkyMason21 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

Why do you think Dieng has a raw offensive game? He has consistently knocked down mid range shots all year.pick & pop, spotting up baseline, or catching & shooting at above the free throw line. He's shown nice footwork on the occasional finesse post move and is starting to use shot fakes while facing up to create driving opportunities. He needs more work on his post game but he's shown a lot you can build on imo.

yes he has, but at the collegiate level.

that's why he has raw offensive game. raw, as in, developing with good upside...
RIP, magnumt '19

Return to New York Knicks