yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

The 2012-13 NCAA Knicks fan March Madness Bracket group

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, NoLayupRule, Brooklyn_Yards, mrpoetryNmotion, j4remi, Knickstape1214, GONYK, Thugger HBC, Thorn

Post#211 Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread
Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:46 pm by Knickstape1214

i haven't seen solders play, but he's a senior (combo? guard). i doubt he goes lotto.

*again, i haven't seen him...so...yeah*
PM me if interested in getting my twitter handle
Knickstape1214


Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
User avatar
Posts: 26,539
And1: 3,881
Joined: Jul 15, 2009
Location: Law School
Top

Post#212 Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread
Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:08 am by SkyMason21

Nice late game between Stanford and Oregon State.

Joe Burton is a skilled dude offensively, wish he had an NBA body because he is fun to watch. Eric Moreland is definitely gonna be an interesting prospect. NBA length, athleticism, rebounding, and shot blocking ability. But is turning 22 and is a skinny guy.

Today was my first Dwight Powell game and I can already say I'd like him as our pick. Fluid moving athletic big man with a good jumper, 78% FT shooter, and 44% 3pt (only around 1 attempt per game though). Have to see more games but his handle looked nice for a 6'9-6'10 guy.

Josh Huestis reminds me of Fields alil.
Image
SkyMason21
Sophomore
User avatar
Posts: 219
And1: 20
Joined: Jul 31, 2012
Top

Post#213 Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread
Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:29 am by j4remi

This is awesome...Radio Announcer doing play by play calls a ref's call cheap foul...the ref comes over the argue with him while he's on the air and he shuts dude down.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the ... ncaab.html
BAT - Hawks
Rajon Rondo/Brian Roberts/Shane Larkin
Kyle Korver/Evan Fournier
Terrence Ross/Vince Carter
Al Horford/Mike Scott/Jonas Jerebko
Brandan Wright/Jermaine O'neal

385
j4remi





Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
User avatar
Posts: 25,165
And1: 1,967
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
Top

Post#214 Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread
Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:02 pm by ibraheim718

Wolters is a guy we should be keeping an eye on for sure.
ibraheim718
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 22,905
And1: 3,303
Joined: Jun 30, 2010
Top

Post#215 Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread
Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:06 pm by ibraheim718

Tell me about this guy fellas...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtExDJnUi0M[/youtube]

A mock draft has us picking him in the first round.
ibraheim718
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 22,905
And1: 3,303
Joined: Jun 30, 2010
Top

Post#216 Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread
Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:45 pm by Jmonty580

What do you guys think of Jack Cooly or Alex Oriakhi as a mid to late second round pick? Both guys could really help us on the boards imo and could easily be had if we want either of them.
Jmonty580
General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 8,352
And1: 183
Joined: Jun 8, 2004
Location: Stamford, CT
Top

Post#217 Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread
Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:31 pm by SkyMason21

ibraheim718 wrote:Tell me about this guy fellas...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtExDJnUi0M[/youtube]

A mock draft has us picking him in the first round.


He'd be a bit of a reach first round imo because i think there will be some better wing players and bigs available. But he's a crazy good shooter and I'd be fine with taking a shot on him if we had a second rounder early to mid.

Jmonty580 wrote:What do you guys think of Jack Cooly or Alex Oriakhi as a mid to late second round pick? Both guys could really help us on the boards imo and could easily be had if we want either of them.


I like the idea of getting a late second to sang one of them, Oriakhi is my favorite of the two.
Image
SkyMason21
Sophomore
User avatar
Posts: 219
And1: 20
Joined: Jul 31, 2012
Top

Post#218 Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread
Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:59 pm by ijag23

Otto Porter just introduced himself to the rest of the country. Top 5 pick.
ijag23
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,971
And1: 7
Joined: Nov 8, 2006
Top

Post#219 Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread
Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:22 pm by yaboynyp

Otto Porter’s the best player in the country man..smh 33 (12-19) 8 boards 5 steals 2 assts 1 TO @ Syracuse..

Nobody does it on both ends like he does, he made 12 of Gtown’s 19 fg’s. He’s quietly been doing it all year though.. Monster
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 3,916
And1: 124
Joined: Jul 8, 2010
Top

Post#220 Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread
Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:21 pm by ibraheim718

Kendall Williams with 10 treys and 46 points...

Watched a little bit of Wolters VS Canaan... after Wolters took the fall on his back... Canaan looked quick and strong.. really nice handle.. can shoot. Wolters has nice size.. long arms.. moved good and looks like a tremendous shooter.. didn't get to see much playmaking though since it was just a few minutes.
ibraheim718
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 22,905
And1: 3,303
Joined: Jun 30, 2010
Top

Post#221 Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread
Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:51 pm by SonOfMars

holy sh-t, Kendall Willaims with 46 pts on 75% shooting
Image
Props Turbo_Zone
SonOfMars

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 13,847
And1: 2,716
Joined: Mar 1, 2011
Location: 21 Shump Street
Top

Post#222 Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread
Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:10 am by Knickstape1214

i haven't watched solters player (only read a bit about him), but does he remind anyone of bobby sura? 6'5 200 pg/sg -- used to play for the rockets? they have similar frames, sizes, and a similar skill set (from what i've read) - with solters being a more talented player.

*again, i have not seen him*
PM me if interested in getting my twitter handle
Knickstape1214


Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
User avatar
Posts: 26,539
And1: 3,881
Joined: Jul 15, 2009
Location: Law School
Top

Post#223 Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread
Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:19 am by ibraheim718

Knickstape1214 wrote:i haven't watched solters player (only read a bit about him), but does he remind anyone of bobby sura? 6'5 200 pg/sg -- used to play for the rockets? they have similar frames, sizes, and a similar skill set (from what i've read) - with solters being a more talented player.

*again, i have not seen him*


Solters is a better scorer... longer arms... they're similar defensively with Sura being maybe a little bit more agile from side to side.. I was impressed with Solters lateral movement.. it's a shame I only saw him after the fall which was brutal.. he was playing with a hurt back and still was their only real scoring threat. I think Solters can definitely play in the NBA mostly because physically he's a little unique.. I wonder what his wingspan is. Like I said I didn't see his PG skills with regards to passing and playmaking. Canaan is really good too... NBA range.. strong... quick... I liked his handles too.
ibraheim718
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 22,905
And1: 3,303
Joined: Jun 30, 2010
Top

Post#224 Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread
Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:44 am by Knickstape1214

wolters' height in sneakers is apparently 6'4 and his wingspan is 6'3.5. kinda disappointing. i might watch some youtube clips of him when i get bored. haven't watched all that much college basketball this year...too busy

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Nate-Wolters-6480/

there's the site, btw. a nice write-up on him from november.
PM me if interested in getting my twitter handle
Knickstape1214


Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
User avatar
Posts: 26,539
And1: 3,881
Joined: Jul 15, 2009
Location: Law School
Top

Post#225 Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread
Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:57 am by ibraheim718

Knickstape1214 wrote:wolters' height in sneakers is apparently 6'4 and his wingspan is 6'3.5. kinda disappointing. i might watch some youtube clips of him when i get bored. haven't watched all that much college basketball this year...too busy


Damn that's strange I was obviously tripping.. must've just been his size... maybe a long torso? Nice size though... The youtube stuff is going to be really poor quality because of the school he plays at.

Another surprise is that he shot 41% from three as a soph but only 24% as a junior. But this year he's back up to 41%.

Damn he was the reason they beat the Lobos this year which when I saw the score was like WTF? He dropped 28, 7A and 5R.. UNM is pretty good though.. so that's a good mark for him.
ibraheim718
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 22,905
And1: 3,303
Joined: Jun 30, 2010
Top

Post#226 Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread
Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:55 am by Ronito

Hey guys, wrote this for my personal blog on the upcoming March Madness tournament, previewing the contenders/pretenders/sleepers. Trying to get better as a writer, so I'm looking for some (unbiased) constructive criticism from people I don't know. Appreciate it if any of you take the time to read it.

http://rontrarianreport.com/2013/02/23/ ... t-preview/
Image
Ronito
Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 4,921
And1: 101
Joined: Feb 14, 2011
Top

Post#227 Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread
Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:10 pm by Flaming Mo

Nice writeup Ronito... I do not believe in Syracuse as Boeheim almost never maximizes the talent he has (unless a guy called Melo dons the orange) and Indiana has almost no size outside of Zeller which could be their undoing in a closely contested March battle. Solid sleeper picks although VCU should not be considered a sleeper anymore since Smart took over.

As for your writing, I really like your style of quickly getting to the point and putting a lot of information in a rather short piece for every team. I'm not a big believer in rankings even though KenPom has really taken off recently in the journalism ranks. But still, very solid, good looking writeup, keep up the good work and good luck for the future!

One more thing maybe, maybe try to loosen up everything a bit instead of just talking about teams and their chances. I know it is hard right now but when the brackets come out maybe come up with stuff like "matchup everyone wants to see", "players to watch" or things like that. Just an idea...
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...
Flaming Mo



Retired Mod
Retired Mod
User avatar
Posts: 23,195
And1: 44
Joined: Jan 29, 2002
Location: Germany
Top

Post#228 Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread
Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:39 am by Ronito

Flaming Mo wrote:Nice writeup Ronito... I do not believe in Syracuse as Boeheim almost never maximizes the talent he has (unless a guy called Melo dons the orange) and Indiana has almost no size outside of Zeller which could be their undoing in a closely contested March battle. Solid sleeper picks although VCU should not be considered a sleeper anymore since Smart took over.

As for your writing, I really like your style of quickly getting to the point and putting a lot of information in a rather short piece for every team. I'm not a big believer in rankings even though KenPom has really taken off recently in the journalism ranks. But still, very solid, good looking writeup, keep up the good work and good luck for the future!

One more thing maybe, maybe try to loosen up everything a bit instead of just talking about teams and their chances. I know it is hard right now but when the brackets come out maybe come up with stuff like "matchup everyone wants to see", "players to watch" or things like that. Just an idea...

Really appreciate the feedback and will do so on your suggestions.

I can see what you mean about Syracuse and VCU, but disagree with Indiana.
Image
Ronito
Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 4,921
And1: 101
Joined: Feb 14, 2011
Top

Post#229 Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread
Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:43 pm by yaboynyp

Ronito.. Can I put my homer hat on and ask “Where is Gtown!?”

Also Porter over Dipo and it’s not close...
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 3,916
And1: 124
Joined: Jul 8, 2010
Top

Post#230 Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread
Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:14 pm by Flaming Mo

yaboynyp wrote:Ronito.. Can I put my homer hat on and ask “Where is Gtown!?”

Also Porter over Dipo and it’s not close...


They have done an unbelievable job this year without Whittington and it is a testament to not only how good a coach JTIII is but also to how great a player Porter is. I hope the Hoyas can do something in March where they struggled in recent years.
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...
Flaming Mo



Retired Mod
Retired Mod
User avatar
Posts: 23,195
And1: 44
Joined: Jan 29, 2002
Location: Germany
Top

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Im Coming Home, Jipluralx, nykfan42, Road2Glory, suicidedeuce, TedWW