ImageImageImageImageImage

The 2012-13 NCAA Knicks fan March Madness Bracket group

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Thugger HBC, Knickstape1214, NoLayupRule, Thorn, j4remi, Brooklyn_Yards, mrpoetryNmotion, GONYK

User avatar
SkyMason21
Sophomore
Posts: 219
And1: 20
Joined: Jul 31, 2012

Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread 

Post#61 » by SkyMason21 » Tue Dec 4, 2012 1:35 pm

yaboynyp wrote:Yeah I don’t buy him (Russ) being a legit PG prospect but the scouts like him and in his defense I’ve only seen Ville play once this season. One thing we do know about Russ is he can definitely defend the position..

True regarding Lo Brown, if he turns it around I could see him as a late first to early second round guy though..


Yeah Russ can definitely defend his position and that's something you can't always say for most guys :lol: . Russ also has his transition scoring and ability to get to the line going for him, if only he could play pg consistently :lol: . Agreed on Brown, any higher seems too risky imo.
Image
User avatar
SkyMason21
Sophomore
Posts: 219
And1: 20
Joined: Jul 31, 2012

Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread 

Post#62 » by SkyMason21 » Tue Dec 4, 2012 1:41 pm

SonOfMars wrote:All this PG talk and no one mentions Trey Burke?

He's getting less minutes and his assist numbers have jumped by almost 3 from his freshman season..

Obviously lacks size, but is that even a concern in today's NBA? :lol:


Thought people already talked about him :lol: . Him and Smart look like the top 2 pgs for 2013, unless Kabongo (if he ever gets to play this year) makes it a debate .
Image
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 27,504
And1: 4,799
Joined: Jul 15, 2009
Location: Law School
   

Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread 

Post#63 » by Knickstape1214 » Tue Dec 4, 2012 2:06 pm

SonOfMars wrote:All this PG talk and no one mentions Trey Burke?

He's getting less minutes and his assist numbers have jumped by almost 3 from his freshman season..

Obviously lacks size, but is that even a concern in today's NBA? :lol:


LOVE Burke. True point guard, great vision, can shoot it, and can attack the paint. I think he's going to be a real good.
PM me if interested in getting my twitter handle
User avatar
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,078
And1: 192
Joined: Jul 08, 2010
Contact:

Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread 

Post#64 » by yaboynyp » Tue Dec 4, 2012 5:05 pm

Burke a step above those guys...
User avatar
SonOfMars
RealGM
Posts: 13,849
And1: 2,720
Joined: Mar 01, 2011
Location: 21 Shump Street
 

Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread 

Post#65 » by SonOfMars » Sat Dec 8, 2012 4:09 pm

Ben McLemore is niceeeeee
Image
Props Turbo_Zone
User avatar
SkyMason21
Sophomore
Posts: 219
And1: 20
Joined: Jul 31, 2012

Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread 

Post#66 » by SkyMason21 » Sat Dec 8, 2012 5:01 pm

Russ Smith with 31 pts 7 rebs 5 asts 5 stls
Image
User avatar
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 23,195
And1: 44
Joined: Jan 29, 2002
Location: Germany
     

Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread 

Post#67 » by Flaming Mo » Sun Dec 9, 2012 7:56 am

What a game for Brandon Paul against Gonzaga. I've seen him a ton and I've seen him play very well but yesterday's performance was one of the best on a college level that I have seen in the last couple of years. He was everywhere - shooting, slashing, defending, blocking shots... incredible performance...
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...
User avatar
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,078
And1: 192
Joined: Jul 08, 2010
Contact:

Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread 

Post#68 » by yaboynyp » Sun Dec 9, 2012 11:48 am

Flaming Mo wrote:What a game for Brandon Paul against Gonzaga. I've seen him a ton and I've seen him play very well but yesterday's performance was one of the best on a college level that I have seen in the last couple of years. He was everywhere - shooting, slashing, defending, blocking shots... incredible performance...



Do you live on the West Coast Mo? Or is the Germany location on your profile accurate?
User avatar
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 23,195
And1: 44
Joined: Jan 29, 2002
Location: Germany
     

Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread 

Post#69 » by Flaming Mo » Sun Dec 9, 2012 12:35 pm

yaboynyp wrote:
Flaming Mo wrote:What a game for Brandon Paul against Gonzaga. I've seen him a ton and I've seen him play very well but yesterday's performance was one of the best on a college level that I have seen in the last couple of years. He was everywhere - shooting, slashing, defending, blocking shots... incredible performance...



Do you live on the West Coast Mo? Or is the Germany location on your profile accurate?


No Germany is accurate, I saw the game on TV... unfortunately I dont live in the States... :D
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...
User avatar
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,078
And1: 192
Joined: Jul 08, 2010
Contact:

Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread 

Post#70 » by yaboynyp » Sun Dec 9, 2012 1:59 pm

Flaming Mo wrote:
yaboynyp wrote:
Flaming Mo wrote:What a game for Brandon Paul against Gonzaga. I've seen him a ton and I've seen him play very well but yesterday's performance was one of the best on a college level that I have seen in the last couple of years. He was everywhere - shooting, slashing, defending, blocking shots... incredible performance...



Do you live on the West Coast Mo? Or is the Germany location on your profile accurate?


No Germany is accurate, I saw the game on TV... unfortunately I dont live in the States... :D


Yeeesh what time was it there? I was trying to catch the game last night but it came on at like 11pm I had been up since 5am so I fell out..

How did the Zags look? Particularly Pangos and Elijah Harris?
User avatar
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 23,195
And1: 44
Joined: Jan 29, 2002
Location: Germany
     

Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread 

Post#71 » by Flaming Mo » Sun Dec 9, 2012 5:57 pm

yaboynyp wrote:Yeeesh what time was it there? I was trying to catch the game last night but it came on at like 11pm I had been up since 5am so I fell out..

How did the Zags look? Particularly Pangos and Elijah Harris?


I think I went to bed at like 6 in the morning or something. Well, it's the weekend... :D

Gonzaga came out on fire and with great energy, lots of defensive pressure and their frontline really dominated against a small Illini team. But they had nobody who could defend Paul and his teammates got encouraged by his performance. Overall that Gonzaga team is not very athletic at certain positions nor quick which hurts them. Harris was solid but his game really hasn't developed much over the last three years. Pangos has no real point guard ability in my eyes and is basically a short sharpshooter who has no place in the NBA. Who I like is Kelly Olynyk, their 7 foot center. He's a hustle player in the Varejao mold who could find a place in the pros...
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...
User avatar
CoolKids
RealGM
Posts: 11,221
And1: 905
Joined: Feb 17, 2009
Location: The Bronx
     

Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread 

Post#72 » by CoolKids » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:29 pm

also still a big fan of elijah johnson. just plays the game the right way
User avatar
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
Posts: 16,378
And1: 2,295
Joined: May 14, 2010

Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread 

Post#73 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:57 pm

Dont normally watch cbk but very unimpressed with zeller today. Is he really worthy of a top pick?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
User avatar
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,078
And1: 192
Joined: Jul 08, 2010
Contact:

Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread 

Post#74 » by yaboynyp » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:09 am

Knicks_Fan2 wrote:Dont normally watch cbk but very unimpressed with zeller today. Is he really worthy of a top pick?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2


No….. lol But the draft is weak, still think someone else will emerge..
User avatar
MellowRose
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,564
And1: 1,327
Joined: Oct 11, 2012
Location: Free YO Mind
   

Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread 

Post#75 » by MellowRose » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:45 am

I don't understand why many people are considering Zeller to be the #1 pick in the draft. Is 'Bazz not entering the draft? I thought Bazz was the consensus #1 pick...Anyone care to explain?
User avatar
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,078
And1: 192
Joined: Jul 08, 2010
Contact:

Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread 

Post#76 » by yaboynyp » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:32 am

Aiming4themoon wrote:I don't understand why many people are considering Zeller to be the #1 pick in the draft. Is 'Bazz not entering the draft? I thought Bazz was the consensus #1 pick...Anyone care to explain?



Bazz hasn’t looked that great either, Zeller’s in the conversation. Bazz would probably go number 1 on potential alone though, him or Noel, but it’s early..
User avatar
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 23,195
And1: 44
Joined: Jan 29, 2002
Location: Germany
     

Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread 

Post#77 » by Flaming Mo » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:36 am

MellowRose wrote:I don't understand why many people are considering Zeller to be the #1 pick in the draft. Is 'Bazz not entering the draft? I thought Bazz was the consensus #1 pick...Anyone care to explain?


That was until he got horribly overweight after not being cleared to play early.

Anthony Bennett as already discussed in this thread is the most impressive prospect so far this year. He has just been spectacular.
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...
User avatar
ibraheim718
RealGM
Posts: 24,285
And1: 4,051
Joined: Jun 30, 2010

Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread 

Post#78 » by ibraheim718 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:06 am

yaboynyp wrote:
Knicks_Fan2 wrote:Dont normally watch cbk but very unimpressed with zeller today. Is he really worthy of a top pick?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2


No….. lol But the draft is weak, still think someone else will emerge..


This ain't the year to tank for the #1 pick for sure.
User avatar
SonOfMars
RealGM
Posts: 13,849
And1: 2,720
Joined: Mar 01, 2011
Location: 21 Shump Street
 

Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread 

Post#79 » by SonOfMars » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:41 am

Myck Kabongo suspended for the rest of the season
Image
Props Turbo_Zone
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 27,504
And1: 4,799
Joined: Jul 15, 2009
Location: Law School
   

Re: The 2012-13 NCAA B-Ball thread 

Post#80 » by Knickstape1214 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:48 am

SonOfMars wrote:Myck Kabongo suspended for the rest of the season


saw that. i know we don't have a need for pg, but i'd love him in ny. his court vision is absolutely insane.
PM me if interested in getting my twitter handle

Return to New York Knicks