ImageImageImageImageImage

Is it just me or is Breen overly negative

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Workforce250
Banned User
And1: 900

Re: Is it just me or is Breen overly negative 

Post#121 » by Workforce250 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:09 am

Interesting to hear Breen's objectivity tonight.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,535

Post#122 » by cgmw » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:51 pm

Breen is like the control in a science experiment on homerism. If you have a problem with Breen's so-called "negativity" then chances are you are a delusional homer.

What people on this board don't seem to realize or accept is that having a dose of negativity is the healthiest and most logical way to be a fan.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
TheGarden
Banned User
And1: 1,156

Post#123 » by TheGarden » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:06 pm

cgmw wrote:Breen is like the control in a science experiment on homerism. If you have a problem with Breen's so-called "negativity" then chances are you are a delusional homer.

What people on this board don't seem to realize or accept is that having a dose of negativity is the healthiest and most logical way to be a fan.

no Breen is always emphasizing the wrong things we do and praising the **** out of the opponent

Melo gets fouled- he's gotta just play through it he's costing the team

Melo plays tough D- Carmelo is getting away with a ton of physical play he better calm down before he gets called for a foul

missed shot goes in and out- way off

like WTF just call the game
cgmw
RealGM

Post#124 » by cgmw » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:21 pm

TheGarden wrote:
cgmw wrote:Breen is like the control in a science experiment on homerism. If you have a problem with Breen's so-called "negativity" then chances are you are a delusional homer.

no Breen is always emphasizing the wrong things we do and praising the **** out of the opponent

Melo plays tough D- Carmelo is getting away with a ton of physical play he better calm down before he gets called for a foul

Inspirational
Freshman
And1: 9

Post#125 » by Inspirational » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:38 pm

TheGarden wrote:

melo misses his first three of the night after going 6/6. h

'he's just chucking them up now, not a good shot.'
cgmw
RealGM

Post#126 » by cgmw » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:40 pm

Inspirational wrote:
melo misses his first three of the night after going 6/6. h

'he's just chucking them up now, not a good shot.'

So?
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,937

Post#127 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:51 pm

preach!

as a league pass subscriber, i can tell you that breen is the main reason we have one of the best, if not the best, home broadcast in the entire league.

maybe you'd prefer to watch one of those drunken old senile bastards who refers to the team as "we" or "good guys" on every play?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jheri Curl
Rookie
And1: 168

Post#128 » by Jheri Curl » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:26 pm

Marv Albert was objective without being overly critical. He called the players out when called for.

Clyde is objective as can be and he played for this franchise. He'll point out negatives and positives of players on both teams.

Kevin Harlan is perfect at being objective. I never hear this guy play favorites or go out of his way to criticize players during national broadcasts.

JVG has history with the Knicks and he still has no problems slamming us when we mess up during a game either.

Breen on the other hand goes out his way to talk down on players, especially certain guys. He also plays favorites during national broadcasts. Calling him objective is honestly a lie. He's a nitpicker and he damn near has an agenda with certain players. He has a tendency to go to the extreme and its uncalled for.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#129 » by Rasho Brezec » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:48 pm

Between Breen and Clyde, Breen is the positive one this year. Listen to a game on the MSG feed every once in a while.
kNicksGmen
Analyst
And1: 467

Post#130 » by kNicksGmen » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:10 pm

he's horrible. you can hear it in the tone of his voice he enjoys when the knicks play like crap. laughing and giggling with clyde while the knick get pooped on. anyone that defends him shares his deluded opinion.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#131 » by StutterStep » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:51 pm

Breen is KFINO (Knicks Fan In Name Only)!

I wish he'd just go away and only do the national games.

Bring back Gus!
cgmw
RealGM

Post#132 » by cgmw » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:55 pm

If my boss were Jim Doaln I'd have some passive agressive things to say too.
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,395

Post#133 » by NYKat » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:07 am

Jheri Curl wrote:Marv Albert was objective without being overly critical. He called the players out when called for.

Clyde is objective as can be and he played for this franchise. He'll point out negatives and positives of players on both teams.

Kevin Harlan is perfect at being objective. I never hear this guy play favorites or go out of his way to criticize players during national broadcasts.

JVG has history with the Knicks and he still has no problems slamming us when we mess up during a game either.

Breen on the other hand goes out his way to talk down on players, especially certain guys. He also plays favorites during national broadcasts. Calling him objective is honestly a lie. He's a nitpicker and he damn near has an agenda with certain players. He has a tendency to go to the extreme and its uncalled for.

This is very accurate
Workforce250
Banned User

Post#134 » by Workforce250 » Sat Dec 1, 2012 4:30 am

Did anyone not miss Mike Breen on MSG?
QueenzAllDay
Sixth Man
And1: 425

Post#135 » by QueenzAllDay » Sat Dec 1, 2012 4:44 am

Breen is excellent. He doesn't do that "homer" nonsense. I remember a few years back when I didn't have cable and had to watch streams, these other teams broadcasters are so full of it. We could be playing a horrible team and they treat their players like all-stars. Then take the time to trash our guys and don't even bother scouting the team. Breen and Walt do a great job scouting the other team, know the other players strengths and weaknesses and a guy like Breen who calls national games make the viewing experience a lot better.

I'm glad we have Breen. He calls it down the middle.
TANK LIFE
Inspirational
Freshman
And1: 9

Post#136 » by Inspirational » Sat Dec 1, 2012 4:56 am

i'm not a spero dedes fan at all but you can tell the difference in the negativity. if breen announced tonight's game he'd be going

'the knicks have seemingly been on cruise control all game BUT it's just a 12 point game.'

'and just like that a 12 point lead is cut to 7!'

'and just like that the Wizards have had a 16 pt lead to 13!'

but breen is miles and miles above dedes as an announcer. i just think he says some annoying things.
Workforce250
Banned User

Post#137 » by Workforce250 » Sat Dec 1, 2012 5:01 am

Inspirational wrote:i'm not a spero dedes fan at all but you can tell the difference in the negativity. if breen announced tonight's game he'd be going

'the knicks have seemingly been on cruise control all game BUT it's just a 12 point game.'

'and just like that a 12 point lead is cut to 7!'

'and just like that the Wizards have had a 16 pt lead to 13!'

but breen is miles and miles above dedes as an announcer. i just think he says some annoying things.

Can I have a witness :rockon:
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,068

Post#138 » by blueNorange » Sat Dec 1, 2012 5:11 am

what is negative about stating how a 12 point lead is cut to 7?

maybe it's because breen was first a radio guy, which means he has to paint the mental image of what is actually happening so he has to point out every little play

you're all reaching. what's worse is that the guys you all think is better, isn't. if you want to say someone like ian eagle is good then okay but bringing up gus johnson and, well, you're as delusional as he is
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#139 » by Sark » Sat Dec 1, 2012 6:03 am

blueNorange wrote:what is negative about stating how a 12 point lead is cut to 7?

maybe it's because breen was first a radio guy, which means he has to paint the mental image of what is actually happening so he has to point out every little play

you're all reaching. what's worse is that the guys you all think is better, isn't. if you want to say someone like ian eagle is good then okay but bringing up gus johnson and, well, you're as delusional as he is

It's the tone with which he says it, and it kind of reflected in a lot of the sentiments on this board.

It's like if the Knicks are winning a game by 30, but in the final score the other team cuts the margin to 15, some will say "how come you couldn't extend to a 40 point lead?" instead of "nice 15 point win".
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#140 » by Rasho Brezec » Sat Dec 1, 2012 11:51 am

I tried watching the game yesterday but I gave up after one quarter of Spero Dedes. Knicks shouldn't play when ABC has games on.

Return to New York Knicks