ImageImageImageImageImage

Is it just me or is Breen overly negative

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Workforce250
Banned User
And1: 900

Re: Is it just me or is Breen overly negative 

Post#181 » by Workforce250 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:03 am

Gave Breen props tonight.
BernardKing
Junior
And1: 64

Post#182 » by BernardKing » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:36 am

Breen seems like a nice enough guy. That said, he's annoying as f**k. He has that "I'm surprised" sound to his voice whenever he makes an observation. It's as though he's always taken aback by what he's witnessing. It makes him sound dopey and it's friggin annoying.
"I firmly believe that respect is a lot more important, and a lot greater, than popularity." - Julius Erving
qb2bk
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#183 » by qb2bk » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:17 pm

Personally, I don't think Breen is the one that is overly negative, its Clyde! Lately, I think Clyde has been off with his analysis. At one point in the second half on Friday when he and Breen discussed the fact that Melo had only taken 2 freethows, Clyde implied that Melo was settling for jumpshots and that was why he wasn't getting to the line. That clearly was not the case. The refs just weren't calling fouls when he was being hacked at the basket.

But I will say I'm happy that Clyde has been calling Ray out for taking too many shots and not setting up his teammates.
Xekana
Senior
And1: 12

Post#184 » by Xekana » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:45 pm

I don't think he is negative. He just isn't a homer, same with Clyde. That's why I love these guys.

Sent from my phone.
Johnny Hoops
RealGM
And1: 2,212

Post#185 » by Johnny Hoops » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:24 pm

I've been watching and listening to the Knicks for a long time.

Last night - during the T-Wolves game ---- was the first time I ever just muted the TV.

As soon as the Knicks start playing poorly Breen goes into his constant whining mode and he is almost unbearable to me. Someone else mentioned his constant use of "and the Knicks are down (?) points again.

With the sound off I was just able to watch the damn game and decide for myself how we were playing.

Just not a Breen fan --- I'm all for being fair and balanced but Breen isn't that. He bends over backwards to kiss other teams star players and never calls any of them out (ex Kobe jacking up shots out of his ass). His constant --- "now that's a bad shot" comments make me want to puke. Who gives a **** if you think its a bad shot Mike --- do the play by play and let Clyde make that call.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,917

Post#186 » by blueNorange » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:12 pm

breen calling a shot bad isn't his opinion, it's in fact a bad shot
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,579

Post#187 » by Capn'O » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:21 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:This thread is embarassing.

Yup. Quite.

cgmw wrote:Personally, I'm proud that all the national "A" team NBA announcers since Marv have covereed the Knicks and come from the same place as me.

I don't think Breen is as talented as some other national announcers (Kevin Harlan, for example) but I think his Knicks pedigree and consistent objectivity are two of the main reasons he's risen to the top of his industry.

Although TBH I miss me some Marv.

It took me awhile to get used to Breen because Marv was just so transcendent at bringing tension and excitement to the game. I think Breen models how he manages game flow after Marv but his voice is a little drier and Marv's catch phrases really hooked in. "At the BUZZER!" "Yes, and it counts!" "Oh, what a move by _____!" All with dramatic pauses. He created heroes and villains so well.

Breen is a bit more toned down and a bit snarkier but definitely one of the best in the biz. We are lucky to have him.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
mossman
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#188 » by mossman » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:50 pm

I thought he was better on the radio than on tv.

Return to New York Knicks