ImageImageImageImageImage

This game is proof we need Amare to win a championship

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Boik14
Pro Prospect
And1: 132

Re: This game is proof we need Amare to win a championship 

Post#61 » by Boik14 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:56 am

Knicks_Fan2 wrote:Hed really help with rebounding and solid post defense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Thats sarcasm right? :o
BAT 13 Picks - Lakers picks remaining: 323, 338

PG: Brandon Jennings/Tyus Jones
SG: Lance Stephenson/Evan Fournier
SF: Rudy Gay/Perry Jones
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Julius Randle/Kris Humphries
C: Chris Bosh/Josh McRoberts
projectpaki
Pro Prospect
And1: 45

Post#62 » by projectpaki » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:03 am

Look, Melo does a heck of a job playing the 4, but certain matchups dictate a change. If you're playing the Lakers with Gasol, or Clippers with Griffin, or Thunder I think you need Amare to start, other than that I'm all for Amare coming off the bench- and thats not because I dont think Amare and Melo can coexist. I think they can... they went 8-2 last season in the regular season under Woodson when both played. I think the reason Amare had so much trouble was because of the point guard situation. I dont think we will see those same problems with Felton/Kidd/Priggs running the offense. Defensively, he has to play harder, I think we saw some signs of that last yr but hey Melo is more committed on the defensive end this yr, its not fair to rule out Amare until I see something different.
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#63 » by FutureKnicksGM » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:04 am

Well of course we need Amare back in the long term, as we need that second option to Melo.

And i guess in terms of this game, i'm not sure he would have done so well, although he is probably a better option than Melo on Gasol.

To me, this game is proof that we need someone who can guard the four, i don't really see someone on our roster who can do it consistently. Tyson should have been on Gasol, and Melo at the 3. Camby, Sheed and Kurt are best suited to guard 5's at this stage of their careers. And we can't be relying on Amare for D.

If that report that K-Mart would take the minimum is true, we need to waive cope and sign him ASAP.
blumatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 787

Post#64 » by blumatic » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:06 am

AggO wrote:people...

Amare's size and jumpshooting ability wouldve changed this game.

You are trolling so hard.
Workforce250
Banned User
And1: 900

Post#65 » by Workforce250 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:15 am

projectpaki wrote:Look, Melo does a heck of a job playing the 4, but certain matchups dictate a change. If you're playing the Lakers with Gasol, or Clippers with Griffin, or Thunder I think you need Amare to start, other than that I'm all for Amare coming off the bench- and thats not because I dont think Amare and Melo can coexist. I think they can... they went 8-2 last season in the regular season under Woodson when both played. I think the reason Amare had so much trouble was because of the point guard situation. I dont think we will see those same problems with Felton/Kidd/Priggs running the offense. Defensively, he has to play harder, I think we saw some signs of that last yr but hey Melo is more committed on the defensive end this yr, its not fair to rule out Amare until I see something different.

Amare is a skilled big man. The biggest adjustment is the level of play Woodson is demanding from his players and have convinced them, that defense, is the only path to the holy grail.
Workforce250
Banned User

Post#66 » by Workforce250 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:17 am

blumatic wrote:
AggO wrote:people...

Amare's size and jumpshooting ability wouldve changed this game.

You are trolling so hard.

no, the calls wer an outrage, but we held composure and finished the game hard. We'll catch them later
MSGLegendNY
Starter
And1: 75

Post#67 » by MSGLegendNY » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:17 am

SuperflyKnick wrote:
PeteW wrote:Yep all it takes is one loss for this ppl to start clamoring for amare again

Wen was he not needed ? Just cuz some delusional knick fans think so. The guy is a all NBA player not some scrub we r talkin about. Give the guy a chance before throwing him under the bus

I'm sick of how our fanbase is always throwing someone under the bus, last year it was Melo and look at us now. STAT hasn't even played a lick and they assume he can't play nor mesh with us. Jesus give the damn man a chance, I'm sure Woody will do what's best to fit him in. We need as much TALENT as possible to make a real stride this year. People need to lay off STAT.

Plus we haven't even got to see what he's learned from Hakeem, ya never know.
Workforce250
Banned User

Post#68 » by Workforce250 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:20 am

MSGLegendNY wrote:
SuperflyKnick wrote:
PeteW wrote:Yep all it takes is one loss for this ppl to start clamoring for amare again

Wen was he not needed ? Just cuz some delusional knick fans think so. The guy is a all NBA player not some scrub we r talkin about. Give the guy a chance before throwing him under the bus

I;m sick of how our fanbase is always throwing someone under the bus, last year it was Melo and look at us now. STAT hasn't even played a lick and they assume he can't play nor mesh with us. Jesus give the damn man a chance, I'm sure Woody will do what's best to fit him in. We need as much TALENT as possible to make a real stride this year. People need to lay off STAT.

finally someone making sense
StephNYKurry
General Manager
And1: 2,198

Post#69 » by StephNYKurry » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:52 am

The marginalization of Amare Stoudemire is getting really ridiculous.
What do I care...it's rigged anyway
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,443

Post#70 » by cgmw » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:59 am

StephNYKurry wrote:The marginalization of Amare Stoudemire is getting really ridiculous.

The myth that he'll be a savior is also ridiculous, but fans do like their hope.

My prediction is that if Amar'e can return healthy, the team will have a difficult transition incorporating him back into the gameplan. However, I agree that if they can succesfully weather the storm and find a way to get the TEAM to click, then the Knicks will be far more dangerous come playoff time.

Personally, I happen to think that the two mid-post scorer idea is incredibly flawed. They not only take away from each other, but the constant need to "make it work" takes away from the role players in terms of both confidence and actual shot opportunities.

I'm not ashamed of my opinion at all, and I don't consider myself a hater. I love the Knicks, and I happen to love Amar'e as a basketball player. But my observation is that the team as a whole is better with him off the court than on.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
knicksRback
Senior
And1: 33

Post#71 » by knicksRback » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:29 am

Yes I agree and have always thought this, we cant win a championship WITHOUT Stoudemire end of story. We are a great team now, but Melo cannot do it alone there is no way.
Kidknick!
Head Coach
And1: 1,463

Post#72 » by Kidknick! » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:55 am

All this game proved to me was old assed Rasheed has a better post game than STATue. Seems like people were just DYING for this team to lose a game to bitch...
TheGarden
Banned User
And1: 1,156

Post#73 » by TheGarden » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:20 am

STAT has yet to prove he can stay healthy, the assumptions are ridiculous
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,714

Post#74 » by JBreezeNY » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:36 am

cgmw wrote:
StephNYKurry wrote:The marginalization of Amare Stoudemire is getting really ridiculous.

The myth that he'll be a savior is also ridiculous, but fans do like their hope.

My prediction is that if Amar'e can return healthy, the team will have a difficult transition incorporating him back into the gameplan. However, I agree that if they can succesfully weather the storm and find a way to get the TEAM to click, then the Knicks will be far more dangerous come playoff time.

Personally, I happen to think that the two mid-post scorer idea is incredibly flawed. They not only take away from each other, but the constant need to "make it work" takes away from the role players in terms of both confidence and actual shot opportunities.

I'm not ashamed of my opinion at all, and I don't consider myself a hater. I love the Knicks, and I happen to love Amar'e as a basketball player. But my observation is that the team as a whole is better with him off the court than on.

Then what we need to do is trade him and get it over with. I'm willing to wait till he comes back, see how he does for the remainder of the season then make a final verdict on whether trying to experiment for another year with Melo is really worth the team's expense.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,548

Post#75 » by Capn'O » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:44 am

OP thread title is correct.

Amar'e wasn't right last season. No lift. No explosiveness. Started out of shape imo and never really recovered.

When Woodson took over he was quite effective on both ends. Good percentages. Team was winning. I'm interested if Woodson can come up with schemes that fit them both. We need that second major threat, especially against teams with a big front line.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
MrProb
Analyst
And1: 1,419

Post#76 » by MrProb » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:25 am

Incorrect, this game doesnt proof much.

1.tough back to back away games against 2 of the hottest team in the league.
2.Refs werent reliable.
3.too burnt out to play physical game especially against team like Grizzlies.

I was a little bit disappointed because we lost but not in our players not in our team, it was an understandable lost that most likely will happen in this kind of situation.

I would be surprised if we win.
HateMyThreads
Junior
And1: 16

Post#77 » by HateMyThreads » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:36 am

Its proof nobody overreacts to a loss in a back to back against a team that has the best record in their conference more than Knick fans. We split back to backs against Spurs & Grizzles. If I told anyone this 3 days ago they'd take it. Hell some of you wanted to split the 76ers games now we're talking championship after game 7 in the season? LOL ... let the season play out. Its a loss folks ... We expected nearly 30 of these prior to the season. Relax or you'll blow a fuse ... even if we have an amazing season that exceeds expectations we'll lose 20 more games like this. It happens
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#78 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:38 am

We need Amare in the playoffs, but this thread has zero to do with that.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,637

Post#79 » by prophet_of_rage » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:32 pm

We do need Amar'e. The only way you get away with being undersized long term in the NBA is if you're flat out better and physically able to handle the size mismatch. The Grizz exposed the Knicks last night. It had nothing to do with the refs and nothing to do with the back-to-back. They are too talented and big in the front court for us. That's why they smashed other high-level small ball playing teams in the HEAT and OKC, too. That's why they're on a seven game winstreak. They had the players to chase us off the three point line and they didn't need to double anybody in the post. on the other end they pass too well to double and they exploited every mismatch they had.

Think, the only team to beat them was the Clippers. Why? Because they can match up. They can have the natural matchup of Jordan on Gasol and Griffin on Randolph. Melo isn't winning any matchup against a PF like Randolph. That's why they hid him on Gasol. They figured he'd be in less foul trouble because Randolph was exploiting the mismatch early and offensive rebounding everything.

The problem is the Grizz aren't stupid and they went at Melo whereever he was. Z-Bo is too strong and too low for Chandler so he just bodied into his legs and got him out of rebounding position. Chandler had 0 rebounds in the first half. I know we've been complaining about the officiating but the bigger, stronger team got the calls.

What Amar'e does is let Chandler go up against the natural matchup in Gasol. Amar'e matches up with Z-Bo who has to track his athleticism and gets Z-Bo involved in more centre of the floor pick and rolls where he can be exploited. Then Melo also has the advantage of dealing exclusively with Rudy Gay.

The game changed a little bit when Woodson freed Kurt Thomas. z-Bo didn't rebound as well against an equally groud bound Thomas because he couldn't just push him in the back and send him under the rim. Amar'e can give you that same resistance from the start and be more of an offensive threat.
DRoberstonNYY
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#80 » by DRoberstonNYY » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:47 pm

Knicks_Fan2 wrote:Hed really help with rebounding and solid post defense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Return to New York Knicks