ImageImageImageImageImage

This game is proof we need Amare to win a championship

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

darthkiller
Banned User
And1: 2

Re: This game is proof we need Amare to win a championship 

Post#41 » by darthkiller » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:37 am

SuperflyKnick wrote:
isiah_thomas wrote:amare would of got abused i don't see how amare would of slowed down zach better than any bigs we can currently throw in. I want to see camby get some playing time also.

I'm sorry but if u think Amare stoudamire is not needed especially in games like this you are delusional. The hate is incredible for Amare....Stoudamire wud have eaten randolf alive

:roll:
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,808

Post#42 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:37 am

Boik14 wrote:This game proved that the refs really deserved that JR Smith elbow that the punk Bayless caught. They robbed us so they at least deserve a few broken teeth in the process.

Amare is the answer to nothing except who deserves to get traded for a piece that actually fits.

Looking back i wish both guys would have been ejected. Knicks woulda had a better chance. JR got in his "shoot everythinG" mode and more Novak/Thomas would have helped us more than JR
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
jstarks10
Pro Prospect
And1: 44

Post#43 » by jstarks10 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:38 am

Enough about amare making a difference. The only way amare will make a difference is if he comes off the damn bench with prig, JR, and sheed. If he starts, knicks are screwed. No more arguing.
SuperflyKnick
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#44 » by SuperflyKnick » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:39 am

PeteW wrote:Yep all it takes is one loss for this ppl to start clamoring for amare again

Wen was he not needed ? Just cuz some delusional knick fans think so. The guy is a all NBA player not some scrub we r talkin about. Give the guy a chance before throwing him under the bus
Workforce250
Banned User
And1: 900

Post#45 » by Workforce250 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:39 am

AggO wrote:.

ageed
Boik14
Pro Prospect
And1: 132

Post#46 » by Boik14 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:40 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
Boik14 wrote:This game proved that the refs really deserved that JR Smith elbow that the punk Bayless caught. They robbed us so they at least deserve a few broken teeth in the process.

Amare is the answer to nothing except who deserves to get traded for a piece that actually fits.

Looking back i wish both guys would have been ejected. Knicks woulda had a better chance. JR got in his "shoot everythinG" mode and more Novak/Thomas would have helped us more than JR
Not using Novak more tonight was stupid. We needed offense and Novak can get you back in a game with the quickness. Drain a few 3's and cut it from 21 to 12 real quick. But hopefully Woody learns.
BAT 13 Picks - Lakers picks remaining: 323, 338

PG: Brandon Jennings/Tyus Jones
SG: Lance Stephenson/Evan Fournier
SF: Rudy Gay/Perry Jones
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Julius Randle/Kris Humphries
C: Chris Bosh/Josh McRoberts
!nstinct
Starter
And1: 0

Post#47 » by !nstinct » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:40 am

How so? Amare is not a great defender or rebounder. He rarely box out. You might be right about helping us against a team like Memphis. He would force Woodson to put Melo at the 3 and avoid him getting in foul trouble.
knicksnation1
Senior
And1: 10

Post#48 » by knicksnation1 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:41 am

Amare could be a beast on the offensive end. But I thought hes soft on defence.
Boik14
Pro Prospect

Post#49 » by Boik14 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:43 am

Woody just said in his post game presser that he'd do some things different next time they played Memphis. Regarding melo on gasol: "That was the decision we made and we got to live with it"....hopefully that translates to: "I know I messed up with that matchup; thats on me. Wont happen again"

SuperflyKnick
Head Coach

Post#50 » by SuperflyKnick » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:43 am

darthkiller wrote:
SuperflyKnick wrote:
isiah_thomas wrote:amare would of got abused i don't see how amare would of slowed down zach better than any bigs we can currently throw in. I want to see camby get some playing time also.

I'm sorry but if u think Amare stoudamire is not needed especially in games like this you are delusional. The hate is incredible for Amare....Stoudamire wud have eaten randolf alive

Funny how a tough year not bad, but a physically and mentally tough year Amare goes throught and all he has done in his career is down the drain
SuperflyKnick
Head Coach

Post#51 » by SuperflyKnick » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:45 am

Boik14 wrote:
SuperflyKnick wrote:Dam when Amare comes back and dominates again alot of people are going to look stupid. I never liked amare but its hard to admit he wont dominate with 3 pg's who can get him the rock. Im not going to worry about his defense cuz thats wats woodson is for
I like amare but what the hell is he going to dominate? He had a career % of his shots blocked last year because of constant help defense leaving Chandler to help on Amare. Real talk, if the Knicks want to win a chip, trade Amare for a stretch 4. He cant play with Tyson.

We are talking about a year where he was coming off a back procedure and then you throw him into playing a 5 gm a week condensed schedule .... Yea there athletes but there human
PeteW
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,568

Post#52 » by PeteW » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:45 am

^No ones questioning Amare's talent, its whether or not he can co exist with Melo and Chandler
Workforce250
Banned User

Post#53 » by Workforce250 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:46 am

Boik14 wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

Not using Novak more tonight was stupid. We needed offense and Novak can get you back in a game with the quickness. Drain a few 3's and cut it from 21 to 12 real quick. But hopefully Woody learns.

novaks been off for 2 games
Workforce250
Banned User

Post#54 » by Workforce250 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:47 am

PeteW wrote:^No ones questioning Amare's talent, its whether or not he can co exist with Melo and Chandler

of course he can, he did with marion. and carmelo is at another level
Workforce250
Banned User

Post#55 » by Workforce250 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:49 am

SuperflyKnick wrote:
Boik14 wrote:
SuperflyKnick wrote:Dam when Amare comes back and dominates again alot of people are going to look stupid. I never liked amare but its hard to admit he wont dominate with 3 pg's who can get him the rock. Im not going to worry about his defense cuz thats wats woodson is for
I like amare but what the hell is he going to dominate? He had a career % of his shots blocked last year because of constant help defense leaving Chandler to help on Amare. Real talk, if the Knicks want to win a chip, trade Amare for a stretch 4. He cant play with Tyson.

We are talking about a year where he was coming off a back procedure and then you throw him into playing a 5 gm a week condensed schedule .... Yea there athletes but there human

derrick rose also got hurt as the result of the short schedule, not just amare, there were others
SuperflyKnick
Head Coach

Post#56 » by SuperflyKnick » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:49 am

Actually i dont even know why all this is debated if he is needed or not. The fact is he will be back and he will play, he will be here so its just better to embrace him and hope for the best instead of bitch about him.
PeteW
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,568

Post#57 » by PeteW » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:51 am

Workforce250 wrote:
PeteW wrote:^No ones questioning Amare's talent, its whether or not he can co exist with Melo and Chandler

of course he can, he did with marion. and carmelo is at another level

:o um.. and why would you compare the situation with Marion?
Boik14
Pro Prospect

Post#58 » by Boik14 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:51 am

SuperflyKnick wrote:
darthkiller wrote:
SuperflyKnick wrote:amare would of got abused i don't see how amare would of slowed down zach better than any bigs we can currently throw in. I want to see camby get some playing time also.

Funny how a tough year not bad, but a physically and mentally tough year Amare goes throught and all he has done in his career is down the drain[/quote]I cant speak for anyone else but Im just looking at numbers here and what I saw in games.

Pre Melo trade in 2010-11 he was shooting about 55% averaging 27 and 8.5
Post Melo trade in 2010-11 he was shooting 49.9% and averaging 22 and 8
Last year he shoots 48.3% while averaging a 17 and 8. With Chandler on the floor he shot 38%.

What changed between the player Amare was in 2010 and in 2011? Tyson occupies the space Amare needs to be effective. Hes a career 53.3% shooter. He shot 48% last year and drastically worse with a particular player on the floor because Tyson doesnt threaten anyone with his J. The best thing we can do is put amare in a better situation and trade him while getting a piece that fits better.

And I hate it because I respect the hell out of Amare because he came here when being a Knick wasnt cool and when no one else would. He wanted to be here. But putting him next to Tyson is doing this team a disservice.

Boik14
Pro Prospect

Post#59 » by Boik14 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:53 am

SuperflyKnick wrote:
Boik14 wrote:

I understand that but thats not a reason why Amare shoots 53.3% for his career but only 38% with Tyson on the floor. his numbers without Tyson on the floor were in line with his career numbers

Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Post#60 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:54 am

Hed really help with rebounding and solid post defense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Return to New York Knicks