yardbarker

OT: Is Andrew Bynum done?

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, j4remi, Thugger HBC, GONYK, Thorn, mrpoetryNmotion, NoLayupRule, Brooklyn_Yards

Post#41 Re: OT: Is Andrew Bynum done?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:43 pm by 21shumpshumpst

Never Wrong wrote:
21shumpshumpst wrote:
Never Wrong wrote:I think they're just happy to be rid of Iguodala's contract. At least now they can evaluate Bynum with all his health issues and determine if he's worth a long-term investment, if not, they can move on with what they have.

With what they have? You mean a bunch of overrated young role player who everyone in Philly is hoping will "develop".

Just like how we were two years ago.

With cap space and moveable assets. What do you think they'd prefer: A .500 team with cap space and moveable assets or a .500 team with bad contracts and no cap space.

They're clearly in rebuild mode while trying to compete. Amnestied Brand, traded Iggy. All good moves.


They are not in rebuild mode. They made the trade for Bynum to get better. They stated clearly that their team last year had maxed out what its potential was. So they made this trade to move forward.

They have maybe 8 million in cap space next year and that is without signing Bynum. If they sign him they have 0 cap space and this is their team.

Moveable assets? Like who?

It is funny how I hear the same thing over and over. OMG OMG they have young assets and cap space.

Cap space so they can sign more role players? Because unless you are Miami/NY/LA no one is signing with you who is a star in free agency. Cap space is so overrated unless you are a huge market its funny.

But by all means continue to have orgasms over cap space and young guys because we all know that is how the small market contenders got built not through the draft. Oh wait...
21shumpshumpst
Veteran
Posts: 2,655
And1: 36
Joined: Aug 14, 2012
Top

Post#42 Re: OT: Is Andrew Bynum done?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:47 pm by Never Wrong

21shumpshumpst wrote:They are not in rebuild mode. They made the trade for Bynum to get better. They stated clearly that their team last year had maxed out what its potential was. So they made this trade to move forward.

They have maybe 8 million in cap space next year and that is without signing Bynum. If they sign him they have 0 cap space and this is their team.

Moveable assets? Like who?

It is funny how I hear the same thing over and over. OMG OMG they have young assets and cap space.

Cap space so they can sign more role players? Because unless you are Miami/NY/LA no one is signing with you who is a star in free agency. Cap space is so overrated unless you are a huge market its funny.

But by all means continue to have orgasms over cap space and young guys because we all know that is how the small market contenders got built not through the draft. Oh wait...

They have almost no bad contracts. Everybody's moveable. Nobody's having orgasms about anything. Lol. My posts have been calm. I don't even know what set you off. Surprised you lasted this long here without getting banned. Everything upsets you. Lol.
Never Wrong





Banned User
Posts: 3,780
And1: 494
Joined: Mar 10, 2012
Location: New York, NY
Top

Post#43 Re: OT: Is Andrew Bynum done?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:52 pm by 21shumpshumpst

Never Wrong wrote:
21shumpshumpst wrote:They are not in rebuild mode. They made the trade for Bynum to get better. They stated clearly that their team last year had maxed out what its potential was. So they made this trade to move forward.

They have maybe 8 million in cap space next year and that is without signing Bynum. If they sign him they have 0 cap space and this is their team.

Moveable assets? Like who?

It is funny how I hear the same thing over and over. OMG OMG they have young assets and cap space.

Cap space so they can sign more role players? Because unless you are Miami/NY/LA no one is signing with you who is a star in free agency. Cap space is so overrated unless you are a huge market its funny.

But by all means continue to have orgasms over cap space and young guys because we all know that is how the small market contenders got built not through the draft. Oh wait...

They have almost no bad contracts. Everybody's moveable. Nobody's having orgasms about anything. Lol. My posts have been calm. I don't even know what set you off. Surprised you lasted this long here without getting banned. Everything upsets you. Lol.


What upsets me is the same crap being spewed over and over. OMG OMG cap space and moveable assets. When the history of the league shows that means nothing to make a contender. It just shows a basic misunderstanding how championship teams have been built for the past 3 decades. I hate ignorance.
21shumpshumpst
Veteran
Posts: 2,655
And1: 36
Joined: Aug 14, 2012
Top

Post#44 Re: OT: Is Andrew Bynum done?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:08 pm by god shammgod

they did lose 2 picks in the deal. last years and 2015. they weren't looking at this as a straight salary dump.
TKF wrote:carmelo doesn't exist to me.. really bro... I have given him the TKF amnesty. I won't refer to him, acknowledge him or discuss him.....


http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1270388&start=210
god shammgod
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 52,919
And1: 9,209
Joined: Feb 17, 2006
Location: Stop Making Threads!
Top

Post#45 Re: OT: Is Andrew Bynum done?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:45 pm by Fat Kat

HawthorneWingo wrote:Bynum apparently sustained this "setback" while bowling.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/86474 ... ck-bowling

Andrew Bynum hurt while bowling
Updated: November 18, 2012, 12:00 AM ET
By Brian Windhorst and Chris Broussard | ESPN.com

The Philadelphia 76ers fear All-Star center Andrew Bynum might have done additional damage to his knees while bowling, according to sources close to the situation.

Multiple sources told ESPN on Saturday that Bynum suffered an unspecified injury this month while bowling. On Friday, Bynum revealed that -- on top of the issues with his right knee that could keep him sidelined until January -- he also had suffered a "setback" with his left knee.

"I had a little bit of a setback, and we're just working through some issues with the right knee," Bynum said before the Sixers beat the Utah Jazz on Friday night. "I kind of have a mirror thing going on with my left knee. I don't know what's going on, but the doctors are saying pretty much that it's a weakened cartilage state."

There are several activities that are prohibited in standard NBA player contracts, but bowling is not one of them. Bynum is known to enjoy bowling.

Multiple calls to Bynum's agent, David Lee, were not returned.

Bynum, yet to play or practice with the team, was acquired in the blockbuster four-team trade in August that also sent Dwight Howard from the Orlando Magic to the Los Angeles Lakers.

In September, Bynum went to Germany to receive Orthokine therapy injections in both knees. In October, he received preventative lubricating injections. The reason those procedures were done so close to the season, the team said, was to maximize their effects. At some point, however, Bynum developed a bone bruise that has sidetracked his rehabilitation and recovery.

The Sixers have pushed back Bynum's hoped return date three different times and have released a series of detailed statements on the matter. But before Bynum's comments, there never was any mention of left knee pain or weakened cartilage.

"I've just got to wait for the cartilage to get stronger, and that's pretty much what's going on," Bynum said. "The pain is about the same, but there is swelling in both knees that we have under control. It's the same spot, bone bruise on both sides."


Image

:o
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Fat Kat



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 14,850
And1: 1,805
Joined: Apr 19, 2004
Top

Post#46 Re: OT: Is Andrew Bynum done?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:50 pm by Thugger HBC

Lord have mercy. :lol:
Image
:D Murry is my new hopeful, I'll gladly provide wagon service.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1263590&start=540
Thugger HBC




Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
User avatar
Posts: 33,231
And1: 3,692
Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
Top

Post#47 Re: OT: Is Andrew Bynum done?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:04 pm by god shammgod

Fat Kat wrote:
HawthorneWingo wrote:Bynum apparently sustained this "setback" while bowling.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/86474 ... ck-bowling

Andrew Bynum hurt while bowling
Updated: November 18, 2012, 12:00 AM ET
By Brian Windhorst and Chris Broussard | ESPN.com

The Philadelphia 76ers fear All-Star center Andrew Bynum might have done additional damage to his knees while bowling, according to sources close to the situation.

Multiple sources told ESPN on Saturday that Bynum suffered an unspecified injury this month while bowling. On Friday, Bynum revealed that -- on top of the issues with his right knee that could keep him sidelined until January -- he also had suffered a "setback" with his left knee.

"I had a little bit of a setback, and we're just working through some issues with the right knee," Bynum said before the Sixers beat the Utah Jazz on Friday night. "I kind of have a mirror thing going on with my left knee. I don't know what's going on, but the doctors are saying pretty much that it's a weakened cartilage state."

There are several activities that are prohibited in standard NBA player contracts, but bowling is not one of them. Bynum is known to enjoy bowling.

Multiple calls to Bynum's agent, David Lee, were not returned.

Bynum, yet to play or practice with the team, was acquired in the blockbuster four-team trade in August that also sent Dwight Howard from the Orlando Magic to the Los Angeles Lakers.

In September, Bynum went to Germany to receive Orthokine therapy injections in both knees. In October, he received preventative lubricating injections. The reason those procedures were done so close to the season, the team said, was to maximize their effects. At some point, however, Bynum developed a bone bruise that has sidetracked his rehabilitation and recovery.

The Sixers have pushed back Bynum's hoped return date three different times and have released a series of detailed statements on the matter. But before Bynum's comments, there never was any mention of left knee pain or weakened cartilage.

"I've just got to wait for the cartilage to get stronger, and that's pretty much what's going on," Bynum said. "The pain is about the same, but there is swelling in both knees that we have under control. It's the same spot, bone bruise on both sides."


Image

:o


oh my god. :lol:
TKF wrote:carmelo doesn't exist to me.. really bro... I have given him the TKF amnesty. I won't refer to him, acknowledge him or discuss him.....


http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1270388&start=210
god shammgod
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 52,919
And1: 9,209
Joined: Feb 17, 2006
Location: Stop Making Threads!
Top

Post#48 Re: OT: Is Andrew Bynum done?
Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:27 pm by BKAY

If I were the 6ers...take the cap room...tank...get lotto pick
BKAY




Sixth Man
User avatar
Posts: 1,532
And1: 293
Joined: Apr 8, 2011
Top

Post#49 Re: OT: Is Andrew Bynum done?
Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:15 am by I_Love_NYK

Lakers obviously wanted to get rid of Bynum, his knee issues and he also had attitude problems as well. Bynum is probably not done, but throughout his whole career he will probably only play at most 60-66 games a season.
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
Posts: 10,836
And1: 121
Joined: Jul 31, 2002
Location: jersey city,nj
Top

Post#50 Re: OT: Is Andrew Bynum done?
Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:23 am by seren

We can't say he is done for sure at such a young age, but it takes time for big men to recover if they can recover at all.
seren
RealGM
Posts: 19,776
And1: 610
Joined: Jul 20, 2002
Top

Post#51 Re: OT: Is Andrew Bynum done?
Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:28 am by nykballa2k4

BKAY wrote:If I were the 6ers...take the cap room...tank...get lotto pick

6ers can do better than tank though.

For example:

trade Bynum to the Wizards for Vesely, Okafor and future protected picks(if Bynum agrees to an extend and trade)
There is no asterisk on ANY N.B.A. titles.

Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
nykballa2k4
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 15,658
And1: 720
Joined: Jul 25, 2004
Location: There are good players and there are bad players... Then...there's the other guys
Top

Post#52 Re: OT: Is Andrew Bynum done?
Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:35 am by seren

It is not like they stink at the moment. They are 6-4, 6-2 if you exclude two Knicks games. Good news is they won't have to play 20 percent of their remaining schedule against us. They play good defense. No reason for tank talk this early.

Now Indiana, on the other hand, look bad.
seren
RealGM
Posts: 19,776
And1: 610
Joined: Jul 20, 2002
Top

Post#53 Re: OT: Is Andrew Bynum done?
Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:35 am by nykfan42

I never liked Andrew Bynum. I think he's overrated simply because the kid can't stay healthy EVER. He's also a huge clown, just look at his hair.... Also how do you hurt your knees bowling? Dude is a waste.
"I am by no means an expert in basketball"
-James Dolan
nykfan42
Starter
User avatar
Posts: 2,385
And1: 356
Joined: Mar 18, 2009
Location: long island
Top

Post#54 Re: OT: Is Andrew Bynum done?
Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:41 am by gavran

seren wrote:We can't say he is done for sure at such a young age, but it takes time for big men to recover if they can recover at all.

Young, or not young, he's been in the league for 7 years now, and only had 1 full season, and 1, where he played at least 90% of the games (and that last year). He missed 30% of his carrier due to his knees. It's safe to say he is done as a consistent contributor.
gavran
General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 9,588
And1: 728
Joined: Nov 2, 2005
Location: crossing the line
Top

Post#55 Re: OT: Is Andrew Bynum done?
Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:30 pm by DowNY

Let's take Jrue Holiday off their hands if they start blowing it up.
DowNY
Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,923
And1: 794
Joined: Dec 19, 2010
Top

Post#56 Re: OT: Is Andrew Bynum done?
Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:09 am by matchman

Fat Kat wrote:
HawthorneWingo wrote:Bynum apparently sustained this "setback" while bowling.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/86474 ... ck-bowling

Andrew Bynum hurt while bowling
Updated: November 18, 2012, 12:00 AM ET
By Brian Windhorst and Chris Broussard | ESPN.com

The Philadelphia 76ers fear All-Star center Andrew Bynum might have done additional damage to his knees while bowling, according to sources close to the situation.

Multiple sources told ESPN on Saturday that Bynum suffered an unspecified injury this month while bowling. On Friday, Bynum revealed that -- on top of the issues with his right knee that could keep him sidelined until January -- he also had suffered a "setback" with his left knee.

"I had a little bit of a setback, and we're just working through some issues with the right knee," Bynum said before the Sixers beat the Utah Jazz on Friday night. "I kind of have a mirror thing going on with my left knee. I don't know what's going on, but the doctors are saying pretty much that it's a weakened cartilage state."

There are several activities that are prohibited in standard NBA player contracts, but bowling is not one of them. Bynum is known to enjoy bowling.

Multiple calls to Bynum's agent, David Lee, were not returned.

Bynum, yet to play or practice with the team, was acquired in the blockbuster four-team trade in August that also sent Dwight Howard from the Orlando Magic to the Los Angeles Lakers.

In September, Bynum went to Germany to receive Orthokine therapy injections in both knees. In October, he received preventative lubricating injections. The reason those procedures were done so close to the season, the team said, was to maximize their effects. At some point, however, Bynum developed a bone bruise that has sidetracked his rehabilitation and recovery.

The Sixers have pushed back Bynum's hoped return date three different times and have released a series of detailed statements on the matter. But before Bynum's comments, there never was any mention of left knee pain or weakened cartilage.

"I've just got to wait for the cartilage to get stronger, and that's pretty much what's going on," Bynum said. "The pain is about the same, but there is swelling in both knees that we have under control. It's the same spot, bone bruise on both sides."


Image

:o



EMotion is priceless. :D
matchman

Retired Mod
Retired Mod
User avatar
Posts: 9,202
And1: 49
Joined: Oct 20, 2003
Location: Hong Kong
Top

Post#57 Re: OT: Is Andrew Bynum done?
Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:20 pm by SelbyCobra

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/2 ... ck_check=1

One of the top orthopedic surgeons in America, who is not involved in Bynum’s treatment and has not seen his MRIs, told The News Journal on Saturday that all of the publicly available information points to a probable diagnosis of osteochondral lesions, a condition that may keep Bynum out for the season.

If this is the case, the surgeon said, there is a small chance the condition may heal on its own within four to six months, but that will likely keep Bynum out of action until late March or April, at the earliest. If it doesn’t heal, the 25-year-old Bynum will require surgery that could sideline him for up to a year, and he should learn if he needs surgery by as early as December, the surgeon said, based on when Bynum was first diagnosed with a bone bruise in his right knee.
SelbyCobra
Bench Warmer
User avatar
Posts: 1,412
And1: 363
Joined: May 25, 2011
Top

Previous

Return to New York Knicks


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aq_ua, BLACKFEET 2010, Clyde_Frazier, Fyzuks, kenneyy88