ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Is Andrew Bynum done?

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Re: OT: Is Andrew Bynum done? 

Post#31 » by Falstaffxx » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:36 pm

cgmw wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:Remember the "Philly made out like bandits in this deal!" and "Philly is going to be even better this year!" and "Philly is going to contend for the Atlantic now!" preseason stuff?

Idiots.

The preseason Philly love was almost as kneejerk ridiculous as the preseason Brooklyn love.

Brooklyn is 5-2.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 125,997

Post#32 » by god shammgod » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:44 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:
cgmw wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:Remember the "Philly made out like bandits in this deal!" and "Philly is going to be even better this year!" and "Philly is going to contend for the Atlantic now!" preseason stuff?

Idiots.

The preseason Philly love was almost as kneejerk ridiculous as the preseason Brooklyn love.

Brooklyn is 5-2.

yeah but they've only beaten one good team so far (boston). don't get me wrong they're a playoff team. they're beating the teams they're supposed to.
Hijinks
Analyst
And1: 1,327

Post#33 » by Hijinks » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:05 pm

he will come back from this injury. But its safe to say, that hes not the guy you want to build your team around.
too many urkels on your team, that's why your wins low
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#34 » by kane2021 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:37 pm

The body can only take so much damage. Dont know if he's done but its fare to ask. My question is this. Do you really give this guy a big long term contract if you philly? Or take the cap space and move on? Its also more than health with this kid.

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#35 » by god shammgod » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:44 pm

kane2021 wrote:The body can only take so much damage. Dont know if he's done but its fare to ask. My question is this. Do you really give this guy a big long term contract if you philly? Or take the cap space and move on? Its also more than health with this kid.

yeah i said this in another thread. they got to think long and hard about this. bigs are always overpaid but he could cripple your franchise. he's never shown that he can be the man or that he can stay healthy.
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#36 » by kane2021 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:55 pm

god shammgod wrote:
kane2021 wrote:The body can only take so much damage. Dont know if he's done but its fare to ask. My question is this. Do you really give this guy a big long term contract if you philly? Or take the cap space and move on? Its also more than health with this kid.

yeah i said this in another thread. they got to think long and hard about this. bigs are always overpaid but he could cripple your franchise. he's never shown that he can be the man or that he can stay healthy.

At least iggy could play. They didnt want his deal. If they thought that was bad 80-100 mil for this kid could kill that franchise for a very long time.

If it was me I would check on some s/t options. If nothing comes up I would seriously consider letting him walk. To be honest. I suspect he could be doing more for himself and his health than he is.

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
knicksosmoove
Lead Assistant
And1: 23

Post#37 » by knicksosmoove » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:08 am

karma for what he did to barrea.
Never Wrong
Banned User
And1: 496

Post#38 » by Never Wrong » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:17 am

I think they're just happy to be rid of Iguodala's contract. At least now they can evaluate Bynum with all his health issues and determine if he's worth a long-term investment, if not, they can move on with what they have.
21shumpshumpst
Banned User
And1: 36

Post#39 » by 21shumpshumpst » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:29 am

Never Wrong wrote:I think they're just happy to be rid of Iguodala's contract. At least now they can evaluate Bynum with all his health issues and determine if he's worth a long-term investment, if not, they can move on with what they have.

With what they have? You mean a bunch of overrated young role player who everyone in Philly is hoping will "develop".

Just like how we were two years ago.
Never Wrong
Banned User

Post#40 » by Never Wrong » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:36 am

21shumpshumpst wrote:
Never Wrong wrote:I think they're just happy to be rid of Iguodala's contract. At least now they can evaluate Bynum with all his health issues and determine if he's worth a long-term investment, if not, they can move on with what they have.

With what they have? You mean a bunch of overrated young role player who everyone in Philly is hoping will "develop".

With cap space and moveable assets. What do you think they'd prefer: A .500 team with cap space and moveable assets or a .500 team with bad contracts and no cap space.

They're clearly in rebuild mode while trying to compete. Amnestied Brand, traded Iggy. All good moves.
21shumpshumpst
Banned User

Post#41 » by 21shumpshumpst » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:43 am

Never Wrong wrote:
21shumpshumpst wrote:

With cap space and moveable assets. What do you think they'd prefer: A .500 team with cap space and moveable assets or a .500 team with bad contracts and no cap space.

They're clearly in rebuild mode while trying to compete. Amnestied Brand, traded Iggy. All good moves.

They are not in rebuild mode. They made the trade for Bynum to get better. They stated clearly that their team last year had maxed out what its potential was. So they made this trade to move forward.

They have maybe 8 million in cap space next year and that is without signing Bynum. If they sign him they have 0 cap space and this is their team.

Moveable assets? Like who?

It is funny how I hear the same thing over and over. OMG OMG they have young assets and cap space.

Cap space so they can sign more role players? Because unless you are Miami/NY/LA no one is signing with you who is a star in free agency. Cap space is so overrated unless you are a huge market its funny.

But by all means continue to have orgasms over cap space and young guys because we all know that is how the small market contenders got built not through the draft. Oh wait...
Never Wrong
Banned User

Post#42 » by Never Wrong » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:47 am

21shumpshumpst wrote:They are not in rebuild mode. They made the trade for Bynum to get better. They stated clearly that their team last year had maxed out what its potential was. So they made this trade to move forward.

They have maybe 8 million in cap space next year and that is without signing Bynum. If they sign him they have 0 cap space and this is their team.

It is funny how I hear the same thing over and over. OMG OMG they have young assets and cap space.

Cap space so they can sign more role players? Because unless you are Miami/NY/LA no one is signing with you who is a star in free agency. Cap space is so overrated unless you are a huge market its funny.

But by all means continue to have orgasms over cap space and young guys because we all know that is how the small market contenders got built not through the draft. Oh wait...

They have almost no bad contracts. Everybody's moveable. Nobody's having orgasms about anything. Lol. My posts have been calm. I don't even know what set you off. Surprised you lasted this long here without getting banned. Everything upsets you. Lol.
21shumpshumpst
Banned User

Post#43 » by 21shumpshumpst » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:52 am

Never Wrong wrote:
21shumpshumpst wrote:They are not in rebuild mode. They made the trade for Bynum to get better. They stated clearly that their team last year had maxed out what its potential was. So they made this trade to move forward.

They have almost no bad contracts. Everybody's moveable. Nobody's having orgasms about anything. Lol. My posts have been calm. I don't even know what set you off. Surprised you lasted this long here without getting banned. Everything upsets you. Lol.

What upsets me is the same crap being spewed over and over. OMG OMG cap space and moveable assets. When the history of the league shows that means nothing to make a contender. It just shows a basic misunderstanding how championship teams have been built for the past 3 decades. I hate ignorance.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#44 » by god shammgod » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:08 am

they did lose 2 picks in the deal. last years and 2015. they weren't looking at this as a straight salary dump.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 28,545

Post#45 » by Fat Kat » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:45 am

HawthorneWingo wrote:Bynum apparently sustained this "setback" while bowling.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/86474 ... ck-bowling

Andrew Bynum hurt while bowling
Updated: November 18, 2012, 12:00 AM ET
By Brian Windhorst and Chris Broussard | ESPN.com

The Philadelphia 76ers fear All-Star center Andrew Bynum might have done additional damage to his knees while bowling, according to sources close to the situation.

Multiple sources told ESPN on Saturday that Bynum suffered an unspecified injury this month while bowling. On Friday, Bynum revealed that -- on top of the issues with his right knee that could keep him sidelined until January -- he also had suffered a "setback" with his left knee.

"I had a little bit of a setback, and we're just working through some issues with the right knee," Bynum said before the Sixers beat the Utah Jazz on Friday night. "I kind of have a mirror thing going on with my left knee. I don't know what's going on, but the doctors are saying pretty much that it's a weakened cartilage state."

There are several activities that are prohibited in standard NBA player contracts, but bowling is not one of them. Bynum is known to enjoy bowling.

Multiple calls to Bynum's agent, David Lee, were not returned.

Bynum, yet to play or practice with the team, was acquired in the blockbuster four-team trade in August that also sent Dwight Howard from the Orlando Magic to the Los Angeles Lakers.

In September, Bynum went to Germany to receive Orthokine therapy injections in both knees. In October, he received preventative lubricating injections. The reason those procedures were done so close to the season, the team said, was to maximize their effects. At some point, however, Bynum developed a bone bruise that has sidetracked his rehabilitation and recovery.

The Sixers have pushed back Bynum's hoped return date three different times and have released a series of detailed statements on the matter. But before Bynum's comments, there never was any mention of left knee pain or weakened cartilage.

"I've just got to wait for the cartilage to get stronger, and that's pretty much what's going on," Bynum said. "The pain is about the same, but there is swelling in both knees that we have under control. It's the same spot, bone bruise on both sides."

:o
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#46 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:50 am

Lord have mercy. :lol:
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#47 » by god shammgod » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:04 am

Fat Kat wrote:
HawthorneWingo wrote:Bynum apparently sustained this "setback" while bowling.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/86474 ... ck-bowling

Andrew Bynum hurt while bowling
Updated: November 18, 2012, 12:00 AM ET
By Brian Windhorst and Chris Broussard | ESPN.com

The Philadelphia 76ers fear All-Star center Andrew Bynum might have done additional damage to his knees while bowling, according to sources close to the situation.

Multiple sources told ESPN on Saturday that Bynum suffered an unspecified injury this month while bowling. On Friday, Bynum revealed that -- on top of the issues with his right knee that could keep him sidelined until January -- he also had suffered a "setback" with his left knee.

"I had a little bit of a setback, and we're just working through some issues with the right knee," Bynum said before the Sixers beat the Utah Jazz on Friday night. "I kind of have a mirror thing going on with my left knee. I don't know what's going on, but the doctors are saying pretty much that it's a weakened cartilage state."

There are several activities that are prohibited in standard NBA player contracts, but bowling is not one of them. Bynum is known to enjoy bowling.

Multiple calls to Bynum's agent, David Lee, were not returned.

Bynum, yet to play or practice with the team, was acquired in the blockbuster four-team trade in August that also sent Dwight Howard from the Orlando Magic to the Los Angeles Lakers.

In September, Bynum went to Germany to receive Orthokine therapy injections in both knees. In October, he received preventative lubricating injections. The reason those procedures were done so close to the season, the team said, was to maximize their effects. At some point, however, Bynum developed a bone bruise that has sidetracked his rehabilitation and recovery.

The Sixers have pushed back Bynum's hoped return date three different times and have released a series of detailed statements on the matter. But before Bynum's comments, there never was any mention of left knee pain or weakened cartilage.

"I've just got to wait for the cartilage to get stronger, and that's pretty much what's going on," Bynum said. "The pain is about the same, but there is swelling in both knees that we have under control. It's the same spot, bone bruise on both sides."

:o

oh my god. :lol:
BKAY
Analyst
And1: 1,396

Post#48 » by BKAY » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:27 am

If I were the 6ers...take the cap room...tank...get lotto pick
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#49 » by I_Love_NYK » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:15 pm

Lakers obviously wanted to get rid of Bynum, his knee issues and he also had attitude problems as well. Bynum is probably not done, but throughout his whole career he will probably only play at most 60-66 games a season.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#50 » by seren » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:23 pm

We can't say he is done for sure at such a young age, but it takes time for big men to recover if they can recover at all.

Return to New York Knicks