ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Is Andrew Bynum done?

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, j4remi, Knickstape1214, Brooklyn_Yards, Thorn, GONYK, Thugger HBC

User avatar
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 35,375
And1: 4,906
Joined: Jan 14, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: OT: Is Andrew Bynum done? 

Post#46 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:50 am

Lord have mercy. :lol:
Image
User avatar
god shammgod
RealGM
Posts: 59,149
And1: 13,383
Joined: Feb 18, 2006
Location: Stop Making Threads!

Re: OT: Is Andrew Bynum done? 

Post#47 » by god shammgod » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:04 am

Fat Kat wrote:
HawthorneWingo wrote:Bynum apparently sustained this "setback" while bowling.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/86474 ... ck-bowling

Andrew Bynum hurt while bowling
Updated: November 18, 2012, 12:00 AM ET
By Brian Windhorst and Chris Broussard | ESPN.com

The Philadelphia 76ers fear All-Star center Andrew Bynum might have done additional damage to his knees while bowling, according to sources close to the situation.

Multiple sources told ESPN on Saturday that Bynum suffered an unspecified injury this month while bowling. On Friday, Bynum revealed that -- on top of the issues with his right knee that could keep him sidelined until January -- he also had suffered a "setback" with his left knee.

"I had a little bit of a setback, and we're just working through some issues with the right knee," Bynum said before the Sixers beat the Utah Jazz on Friday night. "I kind of have a mirror thing going on with my left knee. I don't know what's going on, but the doctors are saying pretty much that it's a weakened cartilage state."

There are several activities that are prohibited in standard NBA player contracts, but bowling is not one of them. Bynum is known to enjoy bowling.

Multiple calls to Bynum's agent, David Lee, were not returned.

Bynum, yet to play or practice with the team, was acquired in the blockbuster four-team trade in August that also sent Dwight Howard from the Orlando Magic to the Los Angeles Lakers.

In September, Bynum went to Germany to receive Orthokine therapy injections in both knees. In October, he received preventative lubricating injections. The reason those procedures were done so close to the season, the team said, was to maximize their effects. At some point, however, Bynum developed a bone bruise that has sidetracked his rehabilitation and recovery.

The Sixers have pushed back Bynum's hoped return date three different times and have released a series of detailed statements on the matter. But before Bynum's comments, there never was any mention of left knee pain or weakened cartilage.

"I've just got to wait for the cartilage to get stronger, and that's pretty much what's going on," Bynum said. "The pain is about the same, but there is swelling in both knees that we have under control. It's the same spot, bone bruise on both sides."


Image

:o


oh my god. :lol:
Image
User avatar
BKAY
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,747
And1: 369
Joined: Apr 08, 2011
       

Re: OT: Is Andrew Bynum done? 

Post#48 » by BKAY » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:27 am

If I were the 6ers...take the cap room...tank...get lotto pick
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
Posts: 10,836
And1: 121
Joined: Aug 01, 2002
Location: jersey city,nj
Contact:

Re: OT: Is Andrew Bynum done? 

Post#49 » by I_Love_NYK » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:15 pm

Lakers obviously wanted to get rid of Bynum, his knee issues and he also had attitude problems as well. Bynum is probably not done, but throughout his whole career he will probably only play at most 60-66 games a season.
seren
RealGM
Posts: 19,919
And1: 642
Joined: Jul 21, 2002

Re: OT: Is Andrew Bynum done? 

Post#50 » by seren » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:23 pm

We can't say he is done for sure at such a young age, but it takes time for big men to recover if they can recover at all.
User avatar
nykballa2k4
RealGM
Posts: 17,822
And1: 1,399
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: There are good players and there are bad players... Then...there's the other guys
       

Re: OT: Is Andrew Bynum done? 

Post#51 » by nykballa2k4 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:28 pm

BKAY wrote:If I were the 6ers...take the cap room...tank...get lotto pick

6ers can do better than tank though.

For example:

trade Bynum to the Wizards for Vesely, Okafor and future protected picks(if Bynum agrees to an extend and trade)
There is no asterisk on ANY N.B.A. titles.

Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Plan for success: draft Towns, sign Asik, Win. TAW
seren
RealGM
Posts: 19,919
And1: 642
Joined: Jul 21, 2002

Re: OT: Is Andrew Bynum done? 

Post#52 » by seren » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:35 pm

It is not like they stink at the moment. They are 6-4, 6-2 if you exclude two Knicks games. Good news is they won't have to play 20 percent of their remaining schedule against us. They play good defense. No reason for tank talk this early.

Now Indiana, on the other hand, look bad.
User avatar
nykfan42
Veteran
Posts: 2,822
And1: 554
Joined: Mar 18, 2009
Location: long island

Re: OT: Is Andrew Bynum done? 

Post#53 » by nykfan42 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:35 pm

I never liked Andrew Bynum. I think he's overrated simply because the kid can't stay healthy EVER. He's also a huge clown, just look at his hair.... Also how do you hurt your knees bowling? Dude is a waste.
"I am by no means an expert in basketball"
-James Dolan
User avatar
gavran
RealGM
Posts: 10,211
And1: 1,017
Joined: Nov 02, 2005
Location: crossing the line

Re: OT: Is Andrew Bynum done? 

Post#54 » by gavran » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:41 pm

seren wrote:We can't say he is done for sure at such a young age, but it takes time for big men to recover if they can recover at all.

Young, or not young, he's been in the league for 7 years now, and only had 1 full season, and 1, where he played at least 90% of the games (and that last year). He missed 30% of his carrier due to his knees. It's safe to say he is done as a consistent contributor.
User avatar
DowNY
Analyst
Posts: 3,528
And1: 983
Joined: Dec 19, 2010

Re: OT: Is Andrew Bynum done? 

Post#55 » by DowNY » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:30 pm

Let's take Jrue Holiday off their hands if they start blowing it up.
Team #TradePickForDemarcusCousins.
User avatar
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 9,296
And1: 105
Joined: Oct 20, 2003
Location: Hong Kong
 

Re: OT: Is Andrew Bynum done? 

Post#56 » by matchman » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:09 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
HawthorneWingo wrote:Bynum apparently sustained this "setback" while bowling.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/86474 ... ck-bowling

Andrew Bynum hurt while bowling
Updated: November 18, 2012, 12:00 AM ET
By Brian Windhorst and Chris Broussard | ESPN.com

The Philadelphia 76ers fear All-Star center Andrew Bynum might have done additional damage to his knees while bowling, according to sources close to the situation.

Multiple sources told ESPN on Saturday that Bynum suffered an unspecified injury this month while bowling. On Friday, Bynum revealed that -- on top of the issues with his right knee that could keep him sidelined until January -- he also had suffered a "setback" with his left knee.

"I had a little bit of a setback, and we're just working through some issues with the right knee," Bynum said before the Sixers beat the Utah Jazz on Friday night. "I kind of have a mirror thing going on with my left knee. I don't know what's going on, but the doctors are saying pretty much that it's a weakened cartilage state."

There are several activities that are prohibited in standard NBA player contracts, but bowling is not one of them. Bynum is known to enjoy bowling.

Multiple calls to Bynum's agent, David Lee, were not returned.

Bynum, yet to play or practice with the team, was acquired in the blockbuster four-team trade in August that also sent Dwight Howard from the Orlando Magic to the Los Angeles Lakers.

In September, Bynum went to Germany to receive Orthokine therapy injections in both knees. In October, he received preventative lubricating injections. The reason those procedures were done so close to the season, the team said, was to maximize their effects. At some point, however, Bynum developed a bone bruise that has sidetracked his rehabilitation and recovery.

The Sixers have pushed back Bynum's hoped return date three different times and have released a series of detailed statements on the matter. But before Bynum's comments, there never was any mention of left knee pain or weakened cartilage.

"I've just got to wait for the cartilage to get stronger, and that's pretty much what's going on," Bynum said. "The pain is about the same, but there is swelling in both knees that we have under control. It's the same spot, bone bruise on both sides."


Image

:o



EMotion is priceless. :D
User avatar
SelbyCobra
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,538
And1: 441
Joined: May 25, 2011

Re: OT: Is Andrew Bynum done? 

Post#57 » by SelbyCobra » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:20 am

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/2 ... ck_check=1

One of the top orthopedic surgeons in America, who is not involved in Bynum’s treatment and has not seen his MRIs, told The News Journal on Saturday that all of the publicly available information points to a probable diagnosis of osteochondral lesions, a condition that may keep Bynum out for the season.

If this is the case, the surgeon said, there is a small chance the condition may heal on its own within four to six months, but that will likely keep Bynum out of action until late March or April, at the earliest. If it doesn’t heal, the 25-year-old Bynum will require surgery that could sideline him for up to a year, and he should learn if he needs surgery by as early as December, the surgeon said, based on when Bynum was first diagnosed with a bone bruise in his right knee.

Return to New York Knicks