ImageImageImageImageImage

500 @ Mecca Post Game Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Grinditout
RealGM
And1: 2,353

Re: 500 @ Mecca Post Game Thread 

Post#81 » by Grinditout » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:54 pm

7-1, sloppy game but once again our defense carried us. Camby looked better than he did last week. Hope Novak can get out of his slump soon.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,397

Post#82 » by god shammgod » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:54 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Wally Szcerbiak is a Knicks announcer now?

Congrats on another strong win fellas. Ray's numbers are solid over all. Not good shooting but he's clearly playing better in the first stretch than he did all year in Portland.

you're gonna break down and watch. i see it coming.
Brooklyn_Yards
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,322

Post#83 » by Brooklyn_Yards » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:54 pm

KnicksNow trolling lol
BAT 14.0 Utah Jazz
PG: Toney Parker
SG: Jimmy Butler
SF:
PF:
C: Nikola Vucevic
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,389

Post#84 » by NYKat » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:55 pm

Melo: was aggressive when we were sluggish offensively in the first half, didn't let refs get to him, really leading this team well and great game on the boards. MVP.

Novak: missed a lot of shots, appears to be rushing, appears to getting a little better defensively.

JR: I LOVE the way he's playing right now, grabs boards, really moves the ball well, looks to get Vak going, and shooting it efficiently and playing great defense. Best ball of his career.

Chandler: Great job shutting down Hibbert, could stand to rebound better, but pretty average game from him. not good not bad.

Felton: didn't shoot it great early, but was aggressive, and shots fell when he settled down later on, ran the offense adequately as usual.

Camby: Huge offensive rebound and block, does his job in limited minutes, really highlights our depth.

Brewer: Just solid all around, good shooting, solid defense and rebounding. Very impressive bounce back effort. Very impressive.

Sheed:Extremely efficient with his minutes, decent shooting and great rebounding. This was a genius pickup.

Overall: I just love our ball movement and defense, our outside shots didn't fall today, but this was just another day at the office, workman like win, that you need to be elite. Pacers were pretty poor overall, and we weren't high energy either, against a good team, we need to be more focused, but we need to be credited for never letting up defensively and continuing to protect the ball.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#85 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:56 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Wally Szcerbiak is a Knicks announcer now?

Congrats on another strong win fellas. Ray's numbers are solid over all. Not good shooting but he's clearly playing better in the first stretch than he did all year in Portland.

Come back home sir.

Sent from my Asus TR700T-B1-GR using Xparent Sky Blue Tapatalk 2
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
MSG
Analyst
And1: 88

Post#86 » by MSG » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:00 pm

Brooklyn_Yards wrote:Image

KnicksNow trolling lol

I like your sig :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ORANGEandBLUE
RealGM
And1: 1,334

Post#87 » by ORANGEandBLUE » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:04 pm

KnicksScholar24 wrote:I'm glad the team won, but they game was pretty boring. Both teams shot terrible.

The negative: Anthony & Smith shot way too many off-the-dribble one-on-one type shots. Novak's teammates were looking for him, but he was not hitting ANYTHING. It's like Copeland has practiced less since he's made the team. He needs to put in more work, or send him to the D-League. If not, NY should think about dropping Chris Copeland and adding Kenyon Martin. Chandler's 7.7 total rebounds/game is not good. The Knicks got out-rebounded again (at least that was the case a halftime; I don't know the second half rebounding totals). Neither Chandler or Stoudemire are going to help correct this situation.

The positive: Brewer came up with a lot of lose balls and played well overall. Woodson increased is 9-man rotation to 10 players. Camby got minutes and played well. The team had low turnovers again. The Knicks opp FG% defensive was good, although I think it had a lot to do with Indiana's ineptitude. I liked how the offense ran when Anthony, Smith, and Felton went to the bench. There was a lot more play calling/execution, and better ball movement. Defensive overall was better (but as I said the Pacers helped).

General observation (on the Knicks' season so far): I think players tend to play their best year with the Knicks in their first year, because they are motivated and have something to prove. Once they play good one year, their production usually drops off because they lost the motivation. It looks like Chandler and Novak are in this same scenario. Smith never had a good season with NY, so this might be that year. The Knicks need more players who are highly motivated every single year.

It's hard to really disprove this when there's so much roster turnover.

I will say though, JR absolutely undermines your point, and the way you try to avoid it is a blatant cop-out.

And Chandler played very well today.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,397

Post#88 » by god shammgod » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:06 pm

i don't think novak is trying less. just the opposite, he's trying too hard. rushing shots when there's more time. he'll settle down.
Quick Kick
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#89 » by Quick Kick » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:10 pm

Game was over at halftime. If you only have 30 points by the midway point, you aint winning.

Melo needs to get more calls and Novak needs to snap out that slump.

7-1, bitchsicles. Lets do it again on Tuesday, Mardi Gras stylee.
HoneyNutMelos
Pro Prospect
And1: 81

Post#90 » by HoneyNutMelos » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:13 pm

Love the Trophy fathead posted on the locker in the locker room.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,578

Post#91 » by Capn'O » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:13 pm

I thought Chandler had a decent game today. Certainly, on D. He was out most of the second half. Should have mentioned Brewer. That guy does a little bit of everything.

I didn't mind ISOball so much today because NOTHING else was working when they did this. JR was a straight nut but the plays where Melo put his head down and bulled his way in happened when the offense had gone cold. I can live with that.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#92 » by Capn'O » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:15 pm

god shammgod wrote:i don't think novak is trying less. just the opposite, he's trying too hard. rushing shots when there's more time. he'll settle down.

Agreed. He's trying to be Steve Novak when, in fact, he already is.
BAF Clippers

Nyk4lyfe
Sixth Man
And1: 565

Post#93 » by Nyk4lyfe » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:17 pm

Is it just me or did Novak improve a lot defensively this season? He's obviously still not a good defender but you can see alot more effort coming from him on that side of the court.
fdr2012
Banned User
And1: 70

Post#94 » by fdr2012 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:17 pm

KnicksScholar24 wrote:General observation (on the Knicks' season so far): I think players tend to play their best year with the Knicks in their first year, because they are motivated and have something to prove. Once they play good one year, their production usually drops off because they lost the motivation. It looks like Chandler and Novak are in this same scenario. Smith never had a good season with NY, so this might be that year. The Knicks need more players who are highly motivated every single year.

Just no. That's a ridiculous hypothesis that makes ZERO sense. Kidd/Camby/Sheed/Prigs aren't playing well because they are "motivated" due to getting a new contract. They are playing well because they are pros who know who to play and Woosdon knows how to use them.

The credit for JR Smith goes to Woodson. With JR, it was always about getting his head right. I don't think Chandler suffers from a lack of motivation. It's more about focus. Same this for Novak.

You're just looking for things that aren't there.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,213

Post#95 » by mpharris36 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:17 pm

god shammgod wrote:i don't think novak is trying less. just the opposite, he's trying too hard. rushing shots when there's more time. he'll settle down.

i agree...if you have noticed he has tried to develop a "quick" release jump shot which i think has effected his normal shot.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,389

Post#96 » by NYKat » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:19 pm

Woodson REALLY should have put Camby in during the Memphis game in hindsight...

In fact, I think Woody lost us that game, but he'll learn from that
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#97 » by Capn'O » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:23 pm

My god. A lot of trashing of a guy that isn't even here. Pretty weak sauce.
BAF Clippers

Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Post#98 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:25 pm

I'd be interested in seeing an analysis of how many shots Melo misses right at the rim and gets the board--it seems to significantly reduce his fg%.

Was at the game today and, from jump, you could see that we were a significantly better team and we were going to win.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#99 » by j4remi » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:28 pm

Bout to type up my word heavy analysis and post it up, if Thugger's down, I'll edit it into the OP for those who missed the game...these things take a while though.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
GratefulDead
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#100 » by GratefulDead » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:30 pm

Capn'O wrote:My god. A lot of trashing of a guy that isn't even here. Pretty weak sauce.

You really think he's not here?

Return to New York Knicks