ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Game Analysis Thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

knicksosmoove
Lead Assistant
And1: 23

Re: Post Game Analysis Thread 

Post#41 » by knicksosmoove » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:41 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:You dudes will argue over anything.

The request is for someone to commit as much as they can to making the post game thread with analysis.

The analysis is for posters who DID NOT WATCH THE GAME.

It isn't to spear debates and create rifts, division or biased opinion, just actual facts of the game and not some....this bozo this, this clown that.

Just an easy way for your fellow posters to be able to direct their traffic to their board to get an analysts of the game.

Criticizing someone for actually stepping up for something you and I won't do ourselves is straight up childish.

Either you're volunteering to help you fellow posters or you're not.

Its really just that simple.

Sent from my Asus TR700T-B1-GR using Xparent Sky Blue Tapatalk 2

yeah but the post-game threads have been more than just recaps. they've been ways of discussing the state of the team and its players. like I said, most people around here know how a typical melo, chandler night goes. it's more fun and interesting to respond to a few well-chosen insights, IMO

again, didn't mean to attack j4remi. he does a good job of getting into the details for those who didn't watch it ... but the old game threads weren't about just recapping for those who didn't see the games ...
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,385

Post#42 » by NYKat » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:45 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:You dudes will argue over anything...

Guilty as charged 8-)
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#43 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:10 pm

knicksosmoove wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:You dudes will argue over anything.

The request is for someone to commit as much as they can to making the post game thread with analysis.

The analysis is for posters who DID NOT WATCH THE GAME.

It isn't to spear debates and create rifts, division or biased opinion, just actual facts of the game and not some....this bozo this, this clown that.

Just an easy way for your fellow posters to be able to direct their traffic to their board to get an analysts of the game.

Criticizing someone for actually stepping up for something you and I won't do ourselves is straight up childish.

Either you're volunteering to help you fellow posters or you're not.

Its really just that simple.

yeah but the post-game threads have been more than just recaps. they've been ways of discussing the state of the team and its players. like I said, most people around here know how a typical melo, chandler night goes. it's more fun and interesting to respond to a few well-chosen insights, IMO

again, didn't mean to attack j4remi. he does a good job of getting into the details for those who didn't watch it ... but the old game threads weren't about just recapping for those who didn't see the games ...

But here's the kicker.....

The guys who have asked for some form of recap ARE the guys who didn't watch the game.

That's who's requesting it, so this is an effort of giving them a piece of that post game action.

From this thread I see a few guys who may chip, and I see someone deliberately or not hindering the process.

Everyone sees this thread and someone may want to step up, but maybe they may feel they can't meet your expectations, so they back away.

The same thing you claim folks did in the past, I see you in particular doing it now.

We all follow the model, "don't like it, don't click it".

No one can duplicate the Keys that TKF used to write, so that will never be the same, and even he himself stated he wasn't feeling the team, which is why he stopped doing them in the first place.

Google is our friend too, and anyone can google "TKF's keys to the game" and read some from the past on this board and the other one he is a member of.

Like I said, volunteers are requested, and to hopefully bring this small item to an agreed understanding, I'm asking you to allow your fellow members...... the opportunity to take that up if they choose without fear of criticism.

Unless of course you're volunteering yourself.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,590

Post#44 » by Stannis » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:58 pm

So what exactly are the Post Game Keys suppose to be?

From what I read:

1.) Bring up key aspects of the game and the players
2.) Talk about what needs to be improved by the players and coaching
3.) While not moving backwards and provoking controversial topics.
4.) Which will build up a decent summary for those who missed the game
Free Palestine
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#45 » by KnicksScholar24 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:10 pm

Leaguepass wrote:Tyson--- and Melo defended the paint pretty agressively from the very first minute. Tyson was a huge key because he completely shut down Hibbert who is usually a good post scorer. Tyson had 7points/9rebounds/2steal and a block as he didn't have to return in the 4th quarter and played only 27minutes.

Camby---tried to earn more minutes in the rotation as he gave us 100% energy along with 4rebounds and a block in 13minutes. He will definitely contribute in some form but to be honest I can understand Woodson at the moment. Wallace just looks a little better out there......

Nice write up, but I have two comments about the above parts. I don't think Chandler shut Hibbert down. Hibbert shut Hibbert down. The guy has been awful all season after signing his contract. I think you have to factor in the opposing player's production before attributing a Knicks player's defense to causing it.

The second point is, I can't understand Woodson at the moment. For a team that has gotten outrebounding in all but one game (I think), you can't sit a player that had one of the best rebounding rates last season and is a guy who could grab 4 board and get 1 block in only 13 minutes, especially if that player is healthy enough to play.

I'm not starting an argument. These are just my thoughts after reading those parts of your post game analysis.
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#46 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:15 pm

i'm 99% sure i got this one. (if y'all want)
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#47 » by Thugger HBC » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:37 pm

Eagerly awaits........

R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#48 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:40 am

Scratch that. I'm not sure anymore...ill do my best to do it.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,590

Post#49 » by Stannis » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:31 am

This is kind of a proposal to see if I can do the rest of the Knicks’ Keys. Let me know if it is good enough.

The Knicks “Keys to the Win”

The Knicks scored 102 points and exceeded the Hornet’s 80 points, which earned the Knicks the win. If the Knicks scored less than 80 points, the Knicks would have lost. That is what it comes down to, the Knicks outscored their opponent tonight. If they continue to outscore their future opponents they will continue to win games.
Free Palestine
Anotha Knicks fan
Head Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#50 » by Anotha Knicks fan » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:01 am

Shpati21 wrote:This is kind of a proposal to see if I can do the rest of the Knicks’ Keys. Let me know if it is good enough.

The Knicks “Keys to the Win”

The Knicks scored 102 points and exceeded the Hornet’s 80 points, which earned the Knicks the win. If the Knicks scored less than 80 points, the Knicks would have lost. That is what it comes down to, the Knicks outscored their opponent tonight. If they continue to outscore their future opponents they will continue to win games.

This is the type of analysis that made John Madden a legend.
Join me in welcoming in the new Era of our basketball team:

The New York Mediocrebockers!

Return to New York Knicks