ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA 11/18

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Thorn, j4remi, Brooklyn_Yards, mrpoetryNmotion, GONYK, Thugger HBC, Knickstape1214, NoLayupRule

User avatar
Knicker23
General Manager
Posts: 9,481
And1: 127
Joined: Apr 24, 2010

Re: Around the NBA 11/18 

Post#76 » by Knicker23 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:05 pm

Oh I wouldn't want to play the Celtics in the playoffs... But even then, not having Ray Allen to hit those daggers in games etc etc takes away from their 'veteran' allure.... Though with a good coach, and a PG like Rondo; they'll be around... And get more consistent.. I just think with another year on KG and Pierce.. certainly not as threatened by them... Would opt for a bunch of other matchups before them in the playoffs however.
yunaclf
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,427
And1: 275
Joined: Feb 29, 2012

Re: Around the NBA 11/18 

Post#77 » by yunaclf » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:06 pm

No defense at all in the LA vs. HOU game. It's like 2 Pringles teams playing against each other.
User avatar
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 35,016
And1: 4,727
Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: Around the NBA 11/18 

Post#78 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:07 pm

Da fuq?

Aa Ron-ron Rodgers!!!!
Image
User avatar
boomann21
RealGM
Posts: 24,449
And1: 1,446
Joined: Dec 07, 2005
Location: In the Wind

Re: Around the NBA 11/18 

Post#79 » by boomann21 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:07 pm

40 points in the first quarter. D'antoni is great.
User avatar
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
Posts: 16,379
And1: 2,295
Joined: May 14, 2010

Re: Around the NBA 11/18 

Post#80 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:08 pm

Brooklyn has a serious schedule coming up. Let's see what they're made of now.
User avatar
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 35,016
And1: 4,727
Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: Around the NBA 11/18 

Post#81 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:09 pm

Kobe going for the triple double at the half...

11-7-5...
Image
User avatar
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
Posts: 16,379
And1: 2,295
Joined: May 14, 2010

Re: Around the NBA 11/18 

Post#82 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:10 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:mkg is also a serious project. he's got a high motor and is a good defender, but an incredibly shaky outside shot and doesn't have great ball skills.

drummond is a good passer, good defender, has a very soft touch around the rim, and is still SO young.

meh...i mean, it's close. i'd be good with either. biyombo/drummond frontcourt would be very good defensively and, in a couple of years, offensively as well.


idk man i dont believe in that front court offensively now or in the future. MKG infuses the entire team was a great work ethic though..can't be understated in a place with such a losing culture.
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 27,537
And1: 4,823
Joined: Jul 15, 2009
Location: Law School
   

Re: Around the NBA 11/18 

Post#83 » by Knickstape1214 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:10 pm

does it bother anyone else that the lakers are playing jamison as a 3?
PM me if interested in getting my twitter handle
User avatar
Knicker23
General Manager
Posts: 9,481
And1: 127
Joined: Apr 24, 2010

Re: Around the NBA 11/18 

Post#84 » by Knicker23 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:10 pm

Knicks_Fan2 wrote:Brooklyn has a serious schedule coming up. Let's see what they're made of now.


Yeah it's pretty ridiculous that after such a hot start we've gotten off to playing against competitive teams.. The Nets are barely a few games behind us.
User avatar
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
Posts: 16,379
And1: 2,295
Joined: May 14, 2010

Re: Around the NBA 11/18 

Post#85 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:11 pm

This is not championship basketball. Go ahead and run with Miami and watch what happens to you.
User avatar
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
Posts: 16,379
And1: 2,295
Joined: May 14, 2010

Re: Around the NBA 11/18 

Post#86 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:12 pm

Knicker23 wrote:
Knicks_Fan2 wrote:Brooklyn has a serious schedule coming up. Let's see what they're made of now.


Yeah it's pretty ridiculous that after such a hot start we've gotten off to playing against competitive teams.. The Nets are barely a few games behind us.


Not for long. We have an easier stretch and they should go down quickly. I don't believe in them.
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 27,537
And1: 4,823
Joined: Jul 15, 2009
Location: Law School
   

Re: Around the NBA 11/18 

Post#87 » by Knickstape1214 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:12 pm

Knicks_Fan2 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:mkg is also a serious project. he's got a high motor and is a good defender, but an incredibly shaky outside shot and doesn't have great ball skills.

drummond is a good passer, good defender, has a very soft touch around the rim, and is still SO young.

meh...i mean, it's close. i'd be good with either. biyombo/drummond frontcourt would be very good defensively and, in a couple of years, offensively as well.


idk man i dont believe in that front court offensively now or in the future. MKG infuses the entire team was a great work ethic though..can't be understated in a place with such a losing culture.


i agree mkg's work ethic is infectious. i just think that frontcourt has more potential. biyombo showed some legit post up skills last year (in glimpses) and drummond has also shown that in the past.

i'm curious to see what the bobcats do with hendo. a taylor/mkg 2/3 is legit.
PM me if interested in getting my twitter handle
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 27,537
And1: 4,823
Joined: Jul 15, 2009
Location: Law School
   

Re: Around the NBA 11/18 

Post#88 » by Knickstape1214 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:13 pm

dwight's left looks a lot better than it has looked in the past.
PM me if interested in getting my twitter handle
User avatar
Knicker23
General Manager
Posts: 9,481
And1: 127
Joined: Apr 24, 2010

Re: Around the NBA 11/18 

Post#89 » by Knicker23 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:16 pm

Knicks_Fan2 wrote:
Knicker23 wrote:
Knicks_Fan2 wrote:Brooklyn has a serious schedule coming up. Let's see what they're made of now.


Yeah it's pretty ridiculous that after such a hot start we've gotten off to playing against competitive teams.. The Nets are barely a few games behind us.


Not for long. We have an easier stretch and they should go down quickly. I don't believe in them.


Oh I don't either. It's just funny that you can look at the standings and see they're only 1 game behind and yet clearly don't look like a team on our level. they got Lakers, Clippers, Knicks Celtics again, Miami OKC upcoming. We'll see for sure.
User avatar
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 35,016
And1: 4,727
Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: Around the NBA 11/18 

Post#90 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:16 pm

Poster!!!!
Image
User avatar
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 35,016
And1: 4,727
Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: Around the NBA 11/18 

Post#91 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:19 pm

6 assists for Kobe.

he only need 4 more and 3 boards to have a triple double IN THE HALF.
Image
User avatar
boomann21
RealGM
Posts: 24,449
And1: 1,446
Joined: Dec 07, 2005
Location: In the Wind

Re: Around the NBA 11/18 

Post#92 » by boomann21 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:22 pm

Kobe Bryant is working.
frothbrain
Rookie
Posts: 1,228
And1: 251
Joined: Dec 04, 2011

Re: Around the NBA 11/18 

Post#93 » by frothbrain » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:22 pm

terrence jones has a lot of potential.
User avatar
Knicker23
General Manager
Posts: 9,481
And1: 127
Joined: Apr 24, 2010

Re: Around the NBA 11/18 

Post#94 » by Knicker23 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:23 pm

40 points in the first Q? Dantoni already implementing his stuff..

By the box score, looks like Lin still struggling
frothbrain
Rookie
Posts: 1,228
And1: 251
Joined: Dec 04, 2011

Re: Around the NBA 11/18 

Post#95 » by frothbrain » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:36 pm

lin keeps blatantly calling for the ball at the 3 pt line. it's coming off as facetious.

Return to New York Knicks


Users browsing this forum: MaluKing2K