ImageImageImageImageImage

Is Rasheed Wallace the most talented Knick?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Guano
RealGM
And1: 40,414

Re: Is Rasheed Wallace the most talented Knick? 

Post#21 » by Guano » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:22 am

CoolKids wrote:Image

:lol:
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
SkyMason21
Junior
And1: 79

Post#22 » by SkyMason21 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:36 am

Just reminds me I haven't been to TGWTG in a while :lol:
Anotha Knicks fan
Head Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#23 » by Anotha Knicks fan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:38 am

KNIXFAN_83 wrote:

what does that even mean? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't even know, but it's provacative
Join me in welcoming in the new Era of our basketball team:

The New York Mediocrebockers!
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,656

Post#24 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:44 am

Sheed still is a very talented and smart basketball player. He'll be a big help to us this year if he can stay healthy. Great pick-up by Woody/Grunwald.
Free Palestine
The KnicksFix
Sixth Man
And1: 1,553

Post#25 » by The KnicksFix » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:35 am

Anotha Knicks fan wrote:
KNIXFAN_83 wrote:

I don't even know, but it's provacative

IT GETS THE PEOPLE GOING...
TheGarden
Banned User
And1: 1,156

Post#26 » by TheGarden » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:16 am

:lol:
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 810

Post#27 » by NY2k1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:44 am

Lmao, I don't understand. :lol:
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Post#28 » by earthmansurfer » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:47 am

KNIXFAN_83 wrote:

eheheh

The hot dogs are phallic symbols and are "raining down" on the woman. She is in bliss with them. A gift from above...

So, we got a huge talent thrown into our laps in Sheed and we, or at least the poster, is in bliss...
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,826

Post#29 » by spree2kawhi » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:12 am

what about jason kidd? those two as well as melo. but the overall talent and savvy on this team is off the charts.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#30 » by Rasho Brezec » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:05 pm

Sheed was always one of the most talented players, but he rarely showed it. His career FG% and RPG will tell you that.
N8isScofield
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,498

Post#31 » by N8isScofield » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:31 pm

Some of you may laugh but I actually think JR is the most talented all around player on the team. The athleticism, ability to shoot, finishing at the rim the defense when he wants to focus and even his ball handling are all very very good. His problem has always been between the ears and I don't think it's any coincidence that Woody has him playing the best ball of his life.
Leaguepass
Starter
And1: 134

Post#32 » by Leaguepass » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:34 pm

I think it was during training camp when I said that a 28year old prime Wallace would actually be the perfect fit in a Tyson/Melo frontcourt. He is still a solid player...don't know how many older guys are here and remember, but back in Portland his post game was absolutely terrific. He just could not be guarded...his biggest problem was the mental side of it. If he ever commited to playing mostly in the post and paint he could have easily averaged 25points on high efficiency. Unfortunately he often liked staying out on the perimeter and hoist up shots--he wasn't bad at it, he was a guy able to knock down 35% 3pointer and a decent amount of long distance 2 pointer but nowhere near what he did in the post. Absolutely unstoppable. He was never a great rebounder but he was a great defender.
He was a guy that had all the talent but failed to put it together in a major way. Still had a good career and won a title but he could have gone down as one of the all-time greats. In regards to pure basketball skill Wallace=Garnett with the difference of Garnett having better control over the mental side.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#33 » by knicksNOTslick » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:50 pm

What about pre-injury Amare? Had he not gotten those knee injuries, Amare would've been even more of a beast. Who knows? Maybe that Suns team gets at least one ring.
Leaguepass
Starter

Post#34 » by Leaguepass » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:04 pm

knicksNOTslick wrote:What about pre-injury Amare? Had he not gotten those knee injuries, Amare would've been even more of a beast. Who knows? Maybe that Suns team gets at least one ring.

Amar'e would have probably gone down as the league's best scoring PF of all time. There was just no way any PF could stay in front of Stat. I remember him completely destroying the Mavs in 6 games in the west semis, averaging around 37points/10rebounds or so and then in the WCF going up against a prime Tim Duncan (DPOY at that time) and averaging 39/10 over 5 games. A prime Stat was just ridiculous on offense...nothing and no one could bother him--he'd literally score at will. Even a great defender like Garnett could do nothing to stop him...I remember Stat's first game as a rookie vs. Garnett....he went up there and scored 38 points on 16-24 shooting from the field. In fact Duncan/Garnett have never been able to stop Amar'e. If there was any single topic my older brother and I agreed upon (he's a laker fan) it was that Stat's injury woes robbed all NBA fans of one of the alltime great offensive players.

"To the opposing team, it's shocking to see what he's doing," said veteran Suns guard Penny Hardaway. "Before they can recover or make a move, he's already dunked the ball. Not only his athleticism, his strength is what's getting him through. He's a lot stronger than people give him credit for."
Leaguepass
Starter

Post#35 » by Leaguepass » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:05 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkJkj6Th_80

here one in his rookie season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuxoqAZEy6U

BTW Stat also had a 10 block game during the early stages of his career....just shows you that he could have become a major defender as well if coached properly......10blocks in one game!
Fred Williamson
Lead Assistant
And1: 517

Post#36 » by Fred Williamson » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:32 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:Jason Kidd might go down as a top 3 point guard all time behind Magic and your flavor of tea (Isiah Thomas/John Stockton)

imo part of talent is ability to use talent. I mean, Eddy Curry could rebound and block shots when he wanted to, he just rarely wanted to. He also could make open 3's (isn't he 3-3 all time?) score in the paint at will etc. Would he have been the most talented player on Spurs/Mavs? No.

Sheed is, offensively, a less tenacious KG. He could probably have been a first team kind of guy if he was not allergic to post play and had a general dislike for contact.

lmfao at your sig
fdr2012
Banned User
And1: 70

Post#37 » by fdr2012 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:34 pm

N8isScofield wrote:Some of you may laugh but I actually think JR is the most talented all around player on the team. The athleticism, ability to shoot, finishing at the rim the defense when he wants to focus and even his ball handling are all very very good. His problem has always been between the ears and I don't think it's any coincidence that Woody has him playing the best ball of his life.

No, JR is #2. Melo is clearly #1.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#38 » by seren » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:37 pm

Rashweed has the most talent. No question.
fdr2012
Banned User
And1: 70

Post#39 » by fdr2012 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:37 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:Sheed was always one of the most talented players, but he rarely showed it. His career FG% and RPG will tell you that.

Sheed never had the focus to play night in and night out, but his skillset is incredible. He's one of the most skilled post players in NBA history. Up there with Mchale and Hakeem. His post moves are technically perfect, but for some reason he never used them enough.
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Post#40 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:43 pm

I have distinct memories of watching STAT pre knee injuries--that was insane. If he caught it anywhere in the key, he would jump and dunk it.

Return to New York Knicks