ImageImageImageImageImage

Novakain......

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Thorn, Brooklyn_Yards, mrpoetryNmotion, j4remi, Knickstape1214, GONYK, Thugger HBC, NoLayupRule

User avatar
gavran
RealGM
Posts: 10,341
And1: 1,080
Joined: Nov 02, 2005
Location: crossing the line

Re: Novakain...... 

Post#46 » by gavran » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:21 pm

I'm a pageant, I don't celebrate Christmas, well at least not without blood sacrifice.
siar617
Starter
Posts: 2,225
And1: 248
Joined: May 11, 2009

Re: Novakain...... 

Post#47 » by siar617 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:29 pm

gavran wrote:I'm a pageant, I don't celebrate Christmas, well at least not without blood sacrifice.

Ment to say no Christmas for you but it's not funny now :(
Jordan Diddy
Ballboy
Posts: 43
And1: 6
Joined: Mar 19, 2012

Re: Novakain...... 

Post#48 » by Jordan Diddy » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:39 pm

siar617 wrote:
gavran wrote:
siar617 wrote:You all just expect too much from him. He is a Situational player only.

How is this guy posting while being suspended?

I am GOD :D
and Christmas for U


Praise Gandhi!
User avatar
Nostrand Ave
Senior
Posts: 688
And1: 116
Joined: Nov 23, 2012

Re: Novakain...... 

Post#49 » by Nostrand Ave » Wed Jan 2, 2013 3:09 am

Novak is so useless on the court. And this Brewer to Novak to Brewer to Novak substitution is idiotic.
User avatar
Since89
Rookie
Posts: 1,182
And1: 321
Joined: Mar 13, 2012

Re: Novakain...... 

Post#50 » by Since89 » Wed Jan 2, 2013 3:14 am

#tradenovak
User avatar
Knicksfan20
RealGM
Posts: 13,686
And1: 1,559
Joined: Aug 19, 2006
       

Re: Novakain...... 

Post#51 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Jan 2, 2013 4:32 am

When Novak is in the game, our overall defense becomes really bad. Yes I get it that he tries, but he's just too slow. I'd rather see more Camby/White/Brewer then Novak, preferably Camby. I also think missing sheed is really hurting us. He s a tremendous leader on thr court. And we need his defense and toughness.

he was kinda useless in that zone also. They basically played a 2 2 zone against us and stuck Novak, rendering him useless. I just don't think he's a good fit for a Woodson ran team. We need to get back to playing defense and forcing turnovers. He should be a situational player and get top 12 mpg (unless he's hot, then you ride the wave)

Novak only had 1 rebound that entire game, and it was a gimmie. He trys on defense, but his lack of athleticism really hurts. He cant recover and hes slow at closing out and gets beat easy. He doesnt rebound the ball, but if he isnt making at least 3 threes in a game, he is useless. Its basically 4-4 on offense and 4-5 on defense.

YOU DONT TRADE NOVAK. He is still a very valuable weapon in certain situations. Unless you can trade him with another player and upgrade us somewhere, then you keep him. He has a good relationship with the team too.
No sig
User avatar
Nostrand Ave
Senior
Posts: 688
And1: 116
Joined: Nov 23, 2012

Re: Novakain...... 

Post#52 » by Nostrand Ave » Wed Jan 2, 2013 4:34 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:When Novak is in the game, our overall defense becomes really bad. Yes I get it that he tries, but he's just too slow. I'd rather see more Camby/White/Brewer then Novak, preferably Camby. I also think missing sheed is really hurting us. He s a tremendous leader on thr court. And we need his defense and toughness.

he was kinda useless in that zone also. They basically played a 2 2 zone against us and stuck Novak, rendering him useless. I just don't think he's a good fit for a Woodson ran team. We need to get back to playing defense and forcing turnovers. He should be a situational player and get top 12 mpg (unless he's hot, then you ride the wave)

Novak only had 1 rebound that entire game, and it was a gimmie. He trys on defense, but his lack of athleticism really hurts. He cant recover and hes slow at closing out and gets beat easy. He doesnt rebound the ball, but if he isnt making at least 3 threes in a game, he is useless. Its basically 4-4 on offense and 4-5 on defense.

YOU DONT TRADE NOVAK. He is still a very valuable weapon in certain situations. Unless you can trade him with another player and upgrade us somewhere, then you keep him. He has a good relationship with the team too.



I dont see how Novak has any upside. Having a good relationship with the team is not enough of a reason to keep him. He was a liability on defense. But now he's also a liability on offense.
User avatar
Knicksfan20
RealGM
Posts: 13,686
And1: 1,559
Joined: Aug 19, 2006
       

Re: Novakain...... 

Post#53 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Jan 2, 2013 12:57 pm

Nostrand Ave wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:When Novak is in the game, our overall defense becomes really bad. Yes I get it that he tries, but he's just too slow. I'd rather see more Camby/White/Brewer then Novak, preferably Camby. I also think missing sheed is really hurting us. He s a tremendous leader on thr court. And we need his defense and toughness.

he was kinda useless in that zone also. They basically played a 2 2 zone against us and stuck Novak, rendering him useless. I just don't think he's a good fit for a Woodson ran team. We need to get back to playing defense and forcing turnovers. He should be a situational player and get top 12 mpg (unless he's hot, then you ride the wave)

Novak only had 1 rebound that entire game, and it was a gimmie. He trys on defense, but his lack of athleticism really hurts. He cant recover and hes slow at closing out and gets beat easy. He doesnt rebound the ball, but if he isnt making at least 3 threes in a game, he is useless. Its basically 4-4 on offense and 4-5 on defense.

YOU DONT TRADE NOVAK. He is still a very valuable weapon in certain situations. Unless you can trade him with another player and upgrade us somewhere, then you keep him. He has a good relationship with the team too.



I dont see how Novak has any upside. Having a good relationship with the team is not enough of a reason to keep him. He was a liability on defense. But now he's also a liability on offense.

because he's the best shooter in the league, and if we need to draw up a play for a game winner.. I want him in to this Melo more room.
No sig
User avatar
knicks85
Starter
Posts: 2,359
And1: 878
Joined: Nov 28, 2011
     

Re: Novakain...... 

Post#54 » by knicks85 » Wed Jan 2, 2013 1:14 pm

What infuriates me most is the number of and 1s that he gives up...
Denver Nuggets (B.A.T 12.0) | Jkarcs05@gmail.com
PG:Ricky Rubio / Patrick Beverly
SG: JR Smith /Nick Calathes/ Landry Fields
SF:Rudy Gay / Chase Buddinger / Gerald Wallace
PF:Al Horford / Josh McRoberts
C:Mason Plumlee / Ekpe Udoh
User avatar
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 36,202
And1: 5,283
Joined: Jan 14, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: Novakain...... 

Post#55 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Jan 2, 2013 1:35 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Nostrand Ave wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:When Novak is in the game, our overall defense becomes really bad. Yes I get it that he tries, but he's just too slow. I'd rather see more Camby/White/Brewer then Novak, preferably Camby. I also think missing sheed is really hurting us. He s a tremendous leader on thr court. And we need his defense and toughness.

he was kinda useless in that zone also. They basically played a 2 2 zone against us and stuck Novak, rendering him useless. I just don't think he's a good fit for a Woodson ran team. We need to get back to playing defense and forcing turnovers. He should be a situational player and get top 12 mpg (unless he's hot, then you ride the wave)

Novak only had 1 rebound that entire game, and it was a gimmie. He trys on defense, but his lack of athleticism really hurts. He cant recover and hes slow at closing out and gets beat easy. He doesnt rebound the ball, but if he isnt making at least 3 threes in a game, he is useless. Its basically 4-4 on offense and 4-5 on defense.

YOU DONT TRADE NOVAK. He is still a very valuable weapon in certain situations. Unless you can trade him with another player and upgrade us somewhere, then you keep him. He has a good relationship with the team too.



I dont see how Novak has any upside. Having a good relationship with the team is not enough of a reason to keep him. He was a liability on defense. But now he's also a liability on offense.

because he's the best shooter in the league, and if we need to draw up a play for a game winner.. I want him in to this Melo more room.

I hope this is green, can't tell as I'm on the app.

Novak is nowhere close to best shooter in the league.

Sent from my Asus TR700T-B1-GR using Xparent Sky Blue Tapatalk 2
Image
User avatar
Knicksfan20
RealGM
Posts: 13,686
And1: 1,559
Joined: Aug 19, 2006
       

Re: Novakain...... 

Post#56 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Jan 2, 2013 5:46 pm

He was last year wasn't he? Maybe he isn't the best right now, but when he steps on the court the other team sure as hell treats him as if he is. He's a very good shooter, every team nerds their specialists. Obviously I'm not protecting him because I've been saying the same thing since last season. He's too much of a liability to be playing major rotation minutes.
No sig
the91ser
Junior
Posts: 258
And1: 2
Joined: Jul 03, 2009

Re: Novakain...... 

Post#57 » by the91ser » Wed Jan 2, 2013 7:08 pm

he spaces the floor. even when hes 0 for 3 for the whole game, he creates valuable space for others to score just by being out there.
just because you post thousands of times on a message board, it doesnt mean you know more about basketball than anyone else.
User avatar
Knicksfan20
RealGM
Posts: 13,686
And1: 1,559
Joined: Aug 19, 2006
       

Re: Novakain...... 

Post#58 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Jan 2, 2013 9:12 pm

the91ser wrote:he spaces the floor. even when hes 0 for 3 for the whole game, he creates valuable space for others to score just by being out there.


That extra space he creates only matters if Melo is in the game. Problem is... Novak plays without Melo more then he plays with him. Dont need Novak to space the floor for Prig/JR and copeland... Its just a waste of an offensive player and makes us a poor defensive team. Rather see White play honestly. He can drive and finish, and he is a much better athlete and defensive player.
No sig
User avatar
Lin Your Face
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,387
And1: 48
Joined: Feb 15, 2010

Re: Novakain...... 

Post#59 » by Lin Your Face » Thu Jan 3, 2013 7:27 pm

I thought this was a really interesting article on Novak's defense.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/53195/the-defense-of-a-shooter
Take a second to join a fantasy football freeroll to win $1000: http://www.draftstreet.com/l/fr_nfl2013.aspx?pid=118&r=gwater&subid=
Top 100 win cash.

The Supreme Court ruled fantasy sports gambling's legal.DraftStreet's in NY not the Caymans.
User avatar
basketboule
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,478
And1: 30
Joined: Mar 01, 2005

Re: Novakain...... 

Post#60 » by basketboule » Thu Jan 3, 2013 8:19 pm

:lol: @ Novak being a liability on offense. You don't have players like this, you don't win any games. He enables other Knicks players to score simply by stepping on the court. The man is a weapon.
User avatar
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 36,202
And1: 5,283
Joined: Jan 14, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: Novakain...... 

Post#61 » by Thugger HBC » Thu Jan 3, 2013 8:30 pm

I would love to see the team efficiency stats on offense when Novak is on the floor.

Not +/- but actual percents.

Sent from my Asus TR700T-B1-GR using Xparent Sky Blue Tapatalk 2
Image
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 29,090
And1: 5,647
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Location: Law School
   

Re: Novakain...... 

Post#62 » by Knickstape1214 » Thu Jan 3, 2013 8:32 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:I would love to see the team efficiency stats on offense when Novak is on the floor.

Not +/- but actual percents.

Sent from my Asus TR700T-B1-GR using Xparent Sky Blue Tapatalk 2


http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... -off/2013/
PM me if interested in getting my twitter handle
User avatar
Knicker23
General Manager
Posts: 9,496
And1: 127
Joined: Apr 24, 2010

Re: Novakain...... 

Post#63 » by Knicker23 » Thu Jan 3, 2013 8:32 pm

I'm not worried about Novak missing. I'm worried about Novak getting like 3 shots off per 30 minutes. Even if he made all three, questionable whether he's even worth it... And most of his 3s nowadays are coming off some fluke play where he's left open on a fast break or random rebound.
User avatar
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 36,202
And1: 5,283
Joined: Jan 14, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: Novakain...... 

Post#64 » by Thugger HBC » Thu Jan 3, 2013 8:35 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:I would love to see the team efficiency stats on offense when Novak is on the floor.

Not +/- but actual percents.

Sent from my Asus TR700T-B1-GR using Xparent Sky Blue Tapatalk 2


http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... -off/2013/

If I'm reading that right its safe to say they're better when he's off the court?

Sent from my Asus TR700T-B1-GR using Xparent Sky Blue Tapatalk 2
Image
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 29,090
And1: 5,647
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Location: Law School
   

Re: Novakain...... 

Post#65 » by Knickstape1214 » Thu Jan 3, 2013 8:36 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:I would love to see the team efficiency stats on offense when Novak is on the floor.

Not +/- but actual percents.

Sent from my Asus TR700T-B1-GR using Xparent Sky Blue Tapatalk 2


http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... -off/2013/

If I'm reading that right its safe to say they're better when he's off the court?

Sent from my Asus TR700T-B1-GR using Xparent Sky Blue Tapatalk 2


mhm. % are down for opponents when he's off the court
PM me if interested in getting my twitter handle

Return to New York Knicks