ImageImageImageImageImage

Would you do Pau for Amare right now?

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Orange Mamba
Analyst
And1: 3,224

Re: Would you do Pau for Amare right now? 

Post#81 » by Orange Mamba » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:46 pm

I've been an Amare critic but I actually can't wait for him to return, mainly because of sentimental value. It has to be off the bench though, I think he could be a monster as a 6th man
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,880

Post#82 » by GONYK » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:51 pm

It's pretty funny that people think Pau expiring a year early will help us rebuild faster.

Rebuild from what? Why do people think we will have capspace? Do they think we won't re-sign JR, Tyson, and Melo or have draft picks?
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,867

Post#83 » by NoLayupRule » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:03 pm

people need to immediately stop thinking about the cap

we are playing to win
despite our great record no one should fool themselves into thinking were gonna take it all this season. It takes a few years.

if the big attraction to Gasol is his year shorter contract then you are not thinking clearly.

I personally wouldnt make the trade right now.

Amare looks great and is taking his time to come back so he can be his best.
He has chemistry and love with this team. He understands our coaching and his teammates.

Pau is very very skilled but I dont think his impact would be as great as Amare's can be.

Plus there are just certain players who are NY Knicks type guys. Tough, hard working, nasty streak, play with passion. Pau isnt really that, Amare is.

I want to roll the dice with Amare.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,177

Post#84 » by Kampuchea » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:11 pm

want to see Amare play for a defensive minded coach for the first time in his NBA career.
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 23,812

Post#85 » by NyKnicks1714 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:18 pm

NYK_89 wrote:
All you people acting like he isn't a far better rebounder and defender though:lol:

Amare is "tougher" though.
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#86 » by truth serum » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:53 pm

MozTheMan wrote:want to see Amare play for a defensive minded coach for the first time in his NBA career.
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#87 » by truth serum » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:54 pm

HixNixKnicksTix wrote:
truth serum wrote:
UnderdogKnicks wrote:U guys seem to be avoiding their contract situations. I'll be all over keeping Amare if his deal was the same as Pau but Pau's is 1 year shorter. Helps us rebuild the roster faster if Pau doesn't work out and no more worrying about Amare's injury for a year longer.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think that extra year on Amar'e's deal matters all that much. The final year of his contract is the final year of most of our remaining contracts, including Melo, Tyson and Kidd. That will be the year we'll be aiming to retool. If this current team remains on the up and up while our best players are still under contract, why are we in a rush to be able to retool this team before their run is over? Especially when we don't know for sure that Amar'e isn't going to come back and play at a very high level.

Haven't we learned anything about patience around here? The Knicks are at the top of the East right now, above the Heat, second best record in the NBA... and we're still trying to come up with trade proposals and strategies for rebuilding 3 years from now?

wtf's a blue susan???

Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Post#88 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:30 pm

GONYK wrote:It's pretty funny that people think Pau expiring a year early will help us rebuild faster.

Rebuild from what? Why do people think we will have capspace? Do they think we won't re-sign JR, Tyson, and Melo or have draft picks?

No but you can deal him easier next year than you can amare if there are other immediate needs on the team.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM

Post#89 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:31 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:people need to immediately stop thinking about the cap

we are playing to win
despite our great record no one should fool themselves into thinking were gonna take it all this season. It takes a few years.

if the big attraction to Gasol is his year shorter contract then you are not thinking clearly.

He has chemistry and love with this team. He understands our coaching and his teammates.

Pau is very very skilled but I dont think his impact would be as great as Amare's can be.

Plus there are just certain players who are NY Knicks type guys. Tough, hard working, nasty streak, play with passion. Pau isnt really that, Amare is.

Takes a few years for what? Exactly how long do you think our immediate window is?

NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,867

Post#90 » by NoLayupRule » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:52 pm

Knicks_Fan2 wrote:

we are playing to win

Takes a few years for what? Exactly how long do you think our immediate window is?

I think our immediate window is 2-3 years though Melo has more than three years in his championship form

but I think with the crew weve assembled we should be doing whatever we can to get to the finals in the next 3 years
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#91 » by JBreezeNY » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:33 pm

Knicks_Fan2 wrote:

we are playing to win

I've been saying it since we got eliminated but our window is 2 years, was 3 years but we got spanked in the playoffs last season.

Our core group will be here this season & next season, the 2014-2015 season however Pablo may or may not still be with the team, JR may or may not still be with the team & Brewer most likely would've gone somewhere else by the 2013-2014 season. Also in determining our window we have to take in how effective Tyson, Kidd, Amar'e & Camby will be.
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM

Post#92 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:49 pm

JBreezeNY wrote:
Knicks_Fan2 wrote:

we are playing to win

I've been saying it since we got eliminated but our window is 2 years, was 3 years but we got spanked in the playoffs last season.

Our core group will be here this season & next season, the 2014-2015 season however Pablo may or may not still be with the team, JR may or may not still be with the team & Brewer most likely would've gone somewhere else by the 2013-2014 season. Also in determining our window we have to take in how effective Tyson, Kidd, Amar'e & Camby will be.

My point is i think our window with this roster includes this year.

FrozenInfernoZX
Junior
And1: 49

Post#93 » by FrozenInfernoZX » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:41 am

This trade would be an Isaiah move. The cap situation of 2015 would be ruined... Gasol expiring one year earlier would not help that much.
blueNorange wrote:i have more trust in a pedophile babysitting a kindergarten class than amar'e's knees

----------------------------------------
The Knicks need some D cause they don't get any. They are a sexually frustrated team needing the D! Where's the Defense! :lol:
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#94 » by Sark » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:13 am

FrozenInfernoZX wrote:This trade would be an Isaiah move. The cap situation of 2015 would be ruined... Gasol expiring one year earlier would not help that much.

I was thinking more Scott Layden.
NYK Dolemite
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,202

Post#95 » by NYK Dolemite » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:30 am

I would not make this trade.

I think STAT will be such a better player now that he has Felton back and Kidd to work with. I also think he will hustle his nuts off on D. I'm excited to see him and am convinced that there will be nights where he leads the way.
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#96 » by AllanHoustonFan » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:32 am

I wouldn't trade anyone from this team. You don't need to mess with the chemistry of an 18-5 team.
#MKGA
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,835

Post#97 » by nykballa2k4 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:52 am

NYK Dolemite wrote:I would not make this trade.

I think STAT will be such a better player now that he has Felton back and Kidd to work with. I also think he will hustle his nuts off on D. I'm excited to see him and am convinced that there will be nights where he leads the way.

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Pau for Amare helps Knicks defense. Seven footer with long arms and intelligence would go a long way. Plus if we are looking to win now, lets get the guy with the hardware no? It has been said by Kobe that Pau is best used as the #2 option. In NY he would be just that so we would see him much closer to his prime than the Lakers have.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM

Post#98 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:15 am

NYK Dolemite wrote:I would not make this trade.

Hustling has nothing to do with amares problems. The minute hes on the court he will be repeatedly targeted with pick and rolls. Lets see what happens. I prefer pau to amare and i dont think it is close generally tho pau also seems to have lost a few steps defensively.

aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,170

Post#99 » by aggo » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:09 am

GONYK wrote:It's pretty funny that people think Pau expiring a year early will help us rebuild faster.

flexibility
KingzAndQueenz
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#100 » by KingzAndQueenz » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:11 am

I need to see how Amar'e does first. As of now, no way in hell. I feel Amar'e will be tremendous this season.

Return to New York Knicks