ImageImageImageImageImage

Would you do Pau for Amare right now?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

aggo
RealGM
And1: 5,715

Re: Would you do Pau for Amare right now? 

Post#101 » by aggo » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:19 am

btw, iam no longer in favor of trading for Pau.

he's not a good enough shooter to space the floor, and his defense isnt game changing enough over what amare can do offensively.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,201

Post#102 » by Kampuchea » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:50 am

has Gasol regressed on D? I have seen a number of laker fans complaining that he is horrible defensively.
NormanTwain
Sophomore
And1: 111

Post#103 » by NormanTwain » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:48 am

MozTheMan wrote:has Gasol regressed on D? I have seen a number of laker fans complaining that he is horrible defensively.

He looks equally as lost as Amar'e does (unless Amar'e learned something else from Hakeem...).

It's become pretty clear that Pau is most effective playing the Center position, which he certainly wouldn't be playing here. He's not a good enough shooter to be a stretch 4, and he'll have no room to work with Chandler down low. He's also a worse pick-n-roll player than Amar'e is.

If Amar'e can't work with Melo in the starting line-up, bench him, and keep Melo at the 4.

No to Pau.
Image Image
fdr2012
Banned User
And1: 70

Post#104 » by fdr2012 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:07 am

MozTheMan wrote:has Gasol regressed on D? I have seen a number of laker fans complaining that he is horrible defensively.

Yes. He's been terrible on D. Can't guard 4s in this league anymore.

Pau Gasol can play the 5 spot only right now. Nothing else.
DRoberstonNYY
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#105 » by DRoberstonNYY » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:25 pm

he's no worse than amare on defense. amare is a historically bad defender

and quite frankly, i'm sick and tired of everybody saying how amare "looks good". he always "looks good" on a practice court. he's a athletic man and he's always in shape. thats why he "looks good" on a practice court.

the problem is when he steps on the court. his BB IQ and defense quickly throw that "looking good" out the window
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,105

Post#106 » by moocow007 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:38 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:
NYK Dolemite wrote:I would not make this trade.

I think STAT will be such a better player now that he has Felton back and Kidd to work with. I also think he will hustle his nuts off on D. I'm excited to see him and am convinced that there will be nights where he leads the way.

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Pau for Amare helps Knicks defense. Seven footer with long arms and intelligence would go a long way. Plus if we are looking to win now, lets get the guy with the hardware no? It has been said by Kobe that Pau is best used as the #2 option. In NY he would be just that so we would see him much closer to his prime than the Lakers have.

It's also been said by Kobe that Pau has no balls.
DRoberstonNYY
Banned User

Post#107 » by DRoberstonNYY » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:57 pm

moocow007 wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Pau for Amare helps Knicks defense. Seven footer with long arms and intelligence would go a long way. Plus if we are looking to win now, lets get the guy with the hardware no? It has been said by Kobe that Pau is best used as the #2 option. In NY he would be just that so we would see him much closer to his prime than the Lakers have.

are you serious with this? you know he says this to get his guys going, right?

was this before or after gasol was the main reason they won 2 rings?

i know you guys like the 18-5 start (and i do too), but the 18-5 start has NOTHING to do with amare. in fact, we've gotten off to such a good start because he hasn't played.
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#108 » by truth serum » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:02 pm

A lot of fans are worried about Melo and Amar'e on offense. Some say Amar'e will clog the paint and take away Melo's presence in the post. Well, what do you think Pau's rapidly deteriorating ass would do for the Knicks? You think that pussy will be happy to come off the bench like Amar'e already said he's willing to do? Would he even be effective off the bench playing next to (or about 20 feet away from) Sheed?

I'd much rather roll the dice with STAT. Injuries aside, he has much more left in the tank than Pau. More explosive, more versatile. Already well-liked by his coaches and teammates. I'm really not worried about him at all. On the off chance that we get the 2010 Amar'e back, this team will be completely unstoppable.
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#109 » by truth serum » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:04 pm

DRoberstonNYY wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

i know you guys like the 18-5 start (and i do too), but the 18-5 start has NOTHING to do with amare. in fact, we've gotten off to such a good start because he hasn't played.

So the Knicks going 18-5 to start the year is DIRECTLY because of Amar'e not playing? Stop saying words.
DRoberstonNYY
Banned User

Post#110 » by DRoberstonNYY » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:07 pm

truth serum wrote:
DRoberstonNYY wrote:
moocow007 wrote:It's also been said by Kobe that Pau has no balls.

So the Knicks going 18-5 to start the year is DIRECTLY because of Amar'e not playing? Stop saying words.

it's not directly the reason, it's one of the main reasons.

funny how 25 games changes everything, i can look up this forum before the season started, who never wanted to see amare again.

i still never want to see amare again unless he starts playing defense. he needs to grow a brain. until that happens, he should be far far away from this team.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#111 » by seren » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:10 pm

DRoberstonNYY wrote:it's not directly the reason, it's one of the main reasons.

funny how 25 games changes everything, i can look up this forum before the season started, who never wanted to see amare again.

i still never want to see amare again unless he starts playing defense. he needs to grow a brain. until that happens, he should be far far away from this team.

Going with your logic, I guess we can claim we are 18-5 because we don't have Lebron on the roster.
DRoberstonNYY
Banned User

Post#112 » by DRoberstonNYY » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:15 pm

seren wrote:

Going with your logic, I guess we can claim we are 18-5 because we don't have Lebron on the roster.

comparing amare with lebron :lol: :lol: .. sinking to a new low eh?

tell me this, does amare play good defense?
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#113 » by seren » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:19 pm

DRoberstonNYY wrote:
seren wrote:

comparing amare with lebron :lol: :lol: .. sinking to a new low eh?

tell me this, does amare play good defense?

more like showing how twisted and stupid your logic is. you are attributing our record on a player who has not played a minute. you might as well claim our record is thanks to prime Jordan, Ewing, and every other HOFer not playing.
fdr2012
Banned User

Post#114 » by fdr2012 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:27 pm

DRoberstonNYY wrote:tell me this, does amare play good defense?

Do you realize that Pau plays even worse defense? If he plays at all.
DRoberstonNYY
Banned User

Post#115 » by DRoberstonNYY » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:45 pm

fdr2012 wrote:

nothing statistical proves that. pau is the better rebounder, by far. he also has 2 rings to his name.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,264

Post#116 » by gavran » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:27 pm

DRoberstonNYY wrote:
fdr2012 wrote:

nothing statistical proves that. pau is the better rebounder, by far. he also has 2 rings to his name.

It's funny, how you want statistical proof, and then contradict yourself the next sentence by saying Pau is "by far" the better rebounder, when Gasol averages a whole 0.1 RPG more than Staudemire per 36 minutes. Pau started to average 10+ rebounds at the age of 29.
blumatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 787

Post#117 » by blumatic » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:30 pm

Its really nice to have TKF back. I was worried the hate was gonna stop.
fdr2012
Banned User

Post#118 » by fdr2012 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:35 pm

DRoberstonNYY wrote:
fdr2012 wrote:

What defensive stats are you looking at? Those who have Boozer as a top 5 defensive player in the league?

So what if Pau has 2 rings to his name? So does Scottie Pippen. Should we also get him? How about Shaq? Should we get him too?
blumatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 787

Post#119 » by blumatic » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:36 pm

Does Amare play good defense, under Woody yes he has.
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Post#120 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:43 pm

blumatic wrote:Does Amare play good defense, under Woody yes he has.

I think Pau would be excellent on our team but, I will say, this team seems more together than ever and the way things have shaken out with Amare's injury is to put a clear order of importance of each player on this team. Amare will be forced to get in line or not play. I am optimistic.

Return to New York Knicks