ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: 27 Killed, 18 elementary school students shot dead CON

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HixNixKnicksTix
Veteran
And1: 680

Re: OT: 27 Killed, 18 elementary school students shot dead C 

Post#41 » by HixNixKnicksTix » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:16 pm

cgmw wrote:
Quick Kick wrote:
HixNixKnicksTix wrote:i hate guns. absolutely hate them. but in a situation like this where a guy goes into an elementary school of all places to commit mass murder... even if he didn't have a gun... if guns were never invented... he would have built a bomb or found a way to take out his rage/contempt/psychosis no matter what.

you dont know that. He may not possess the intellectual know-how to build a damn bomb.

I think the point right now is to give the emotional fallout a minute to settle before arguing semantics about the technical and geographical specifics of mass killings.

These are real life children who live very close to home. Give it a minute before chiming in with your particular political or geo-political commentary.

Bomb... couldve had a knife, bow&arrow, hell he didn't have to kill, maybe just throw acid on a bunch of people. my point was that a person like this is going to cause harm with whatever he can.

And i hate this notion that we have to be quiet about how we feel during this. Sure... if you're in front of the families this happened to it's rude. let them grieve. But shouldn't we be having these discussions constantly? Why ever stop having open, honest debate?
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,571

Post#42 » by Lord Commander » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:18 pm

Damn, 5 year-olds. That's a little too close to home for me :(
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,187

Post#43 » by NyKnicks1714 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:19 pm

ShumpShump wrote:IF you came in here to talk about gun control, get the F out. If you're a parent, and your first instinct is to talk about gun control right now, you are a terrible parent. I live about 20 mins from there and I have a kid myself. I've been fighting off tears all day at work, and you pieces of crap are talking about who should be able to own a gun. Have some god damn respect.

I think you're misunderstanding why people want to talk about gun control. It's not a case of using this tragedy as a way to promote an anti-gun agenda, people want to prevent horrible things like this from happening, and feel that guns and the gun culture of this country are a big problem. Simply grieving every time this happens is not a solution to the problem, and it's never too soon to begin discussing a solution.

This is incredibly sad, and EVERYBODY who's heard about it is deeply saddened. The anti-gun sentiments expressed are genuine and heartfelt.
rdogg1026
Banned User
And1: 51

Post#44 » by rdogg1026 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:21 pm

They revealed the shooter's name and I found his Facebook.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,443

Post#45 » by cgmw » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:23 pm

HixNixKnicksTix wrote:
And i hate this notion that we have to be quiet about how we feel during this. Sure... if you're in front of the families this happened to it's rude. let them grieve. But shouldn't we be having these discussions constantly? Why ever stop having open, honest debate?

Didn't mean to suggest bottling up your feelings about it. Meant to suggest that political and technical discussions tend to devalue or de-emphasize feeling. Particularly if/when some people (not saying you or anyone in particular) get more caught up in winning an argument than acknowledging the underlying emotional tragedy.

The gun control debate is coming no matter what. But holy sh*t these parents and children. I can't even.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
NJ_YANKEE_45
Assistant Coach
And1: 111

Post#46 » by NJ_YANKEE_45 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:26 pm

rdogg1026 wrote:They revealed the shooter's name and I found his Facebook.

Apparently he was living in Hoboken. :-?

Sky_Knicks wrote:
markdeez33 wrote:Bargnani is strokin it!!! I'm going nuts in here! Prove them haters wrong, kid

:o
shishko123
Senior
And1: 0

Post#47 » by shishko123 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:26 pm

This what i learned so far. Our gun violence is 15 times higher than all the western countries combined.

Since columbine there have been 31 school shooting in us. 14 school shooting on ALL THE COUNTRIES combined.

We have a problem as a nation. When is it the right time to talk about it next week when all the countries attention turns to what celebrity is getting divorced or what kim kardashian is up to.
kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,349

Post#48 » by kane » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:26 pm

yeah its Ryan Lanza, but are you sure you got the right one
rdogg1026
Banned User
And1: 51

Post#49 » by rdogg1026 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:28 pm

kane wrote:

1000% positive. From Newtown living in Hoboken.
moabu08
Veteran
And1: 945

Post#50 » by moabu08 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:30 pm

RT @NBCNews: #BREAKING: Alleged #Newtown, Connecticut school shooter's parent found dead in a home in NJ - @PeteWilliamsNBC #CTshooting

Sounds like the guy may of killed his parent as well. I think thats what this tweet says anyways
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#51 » by AllanHoustonFan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:31 pm

Wrong person
#MKGA
kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,349

Post#52 » by kane » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:32 pm

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-12-1 ... new-jersey

is that the same one? looks like facebook already pulled it down
HixNixKnicksTix
Veteran
And1: 680

Post#53 » by HixNixKnicksTix » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:32 pm

shishko123 wrote:This what i learned so far. Our gun violence is 15 times higher than all the western countries combined.

Since columbine there have been 31 school shooting in us. 14 school shooting on ALL THE COUNTRIES combined.

We have a problem as a nation. When is it the right time to talk about it next week when all the countries attention turns to what celebrity is getting divorced or what kim kardashian is up to.

+1

the batman movie shootings caused a lot of ppl to try to talk about gun control but was derailed by others saying it's too soon and not right to talk about it when emotions are so high. being emotional in an argument or debate is great. being emotional is not the same as being irrational.

the too soon to talk about it logic is dumb because it will never be ok to talk about gun control because we're never over a mass shooting before another one happens.
BOOMbip
Banned User
And1: 170
Location: The views expressed are intended for entertaiment purposes only

Post#54 » by BOOMbip » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:34 pm

NyKnicks1714 wrote:
ShumpShump wrote:IF you came in here to talk about gun control, get the F out. If you're a parent, and your first instinct is to talk about gun control right now, you are a terrible parent. I live about 20 mins from there and I have a kid myself. I've been fighting off tears all day at work, and you pieces of crap are talking about who should be able to own a gun. Have some god damn respect.

I think you're misunderstanding why people want to talk about gun control. It's not a case of using this tragedy as a way to promote an anti-gun agenda, people want to prevent horrible things like this from happening, and feel that guns and the gun culture of this country are a big problem. Simply grieving every time this happens is not a solution to the problem, and it's never too soon to begin discussing a solution.

This is incredibly sad, and EVERYBODY who's heard about it is deeply saddened. The anti-gun sentiments expressed are genuine and heartfelt.

Then is ok to point to all the 'big problems' that embrace violence? The video game culture? The thug culture? The TV and movie culture? How bout the bigotry and hatred culture? Alcohol and drug culture? No... those rarely get brought up... it's the rush to condemn guns and gun culture that happens knee jerk.

To me it's a cop out to pick one drum to beat over and over without examining the root of the problem. It doesn't take away the grief, it's doesn't solve the problem using something like this horrible situation to further an agenda... even if you have a child.... 90% of people have a child, that doesn't qualify someone to further an agenda.

My agenda? Look at your heart and mind... examine it. That's it. If more people did that when we are confronted with people who don't have the ability to examine their own hearts and minds, whether it's because of psychological, substance abuse or whatever reason we would be able to be a solution, not just judge and condemn from our own personal agenda du jour.
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#55 » by AllanHoustonFan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:35 pm

#MKGA
moabu08
Veteran
And1: 945

Post#56 » by moabu08 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:35 pm

On the kid's facebook now. Two mentions of pretty violent video games on his facebook, Metal Gear Soild and Mass Effect. I think these violent video games have a bigger effect on our society then we think.
GoNYK1288
Banned User
And1: 272

Post#57 » by GoNYK1288 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:36 pm

rdogg1026 wrote:
kane wrote:

1000% positive. From Newtown living in Hoboken.

It's a big on thing on Twitter. It's not him

gelo05
Junior
And1: 4

Post#58 » by gelo05 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:38 pm

[quote="ShumpShump"]IF you came in here to talk about gun control, get the F out. If you're a parent, and your first instinct is to talk about gun control right now, you are a terrible parent. I live about 20 mins from there and I have a kid myself. I've been fighting off tears all day at work, and you pieces of crap are talking about who should be able to own a gun. Have some god damn respect.[/quote]

How about you get the F out... everyone should be able to express their disgust about his horrible act however they feel... by you making it a point to call out these "pieces of crap" just shows your true card. No one asked for your opinion on others so keep it to your damn self.... i could care less about gun control... but when an act as such happens, ill allow anyone to speak their feelings about this horrible despicable act!
Quick Kick
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#59 » by Quick Kick » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:38 pm

I wish the shooter had survived.

he needed to be publicly executed. Bronze age torture techniques. Tar and feather him. Castrate him. Skin him alive. Then have him drawn and quartered. 14 young children dead at the hands of this devil. He deserves no mercy. Simply getting shot? Too good for him.
kNiCk_PriDe
Assistant Coach
And1: 86

Post#60 » by kNiCk_PriDe » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:40 pm

Anyone that thinks gun control laws could have prevented this horrible tragedy is delusional. Laws are made for people like you and me. Do you really think any animal that killed 25 children cares about gun control laws? You dont think he would have been able to get a gun somehow? Do u think if the US passed gun laws today, ppl wouldn't be able to get illegal guns?

The lack of humanity in the world today makes me think maybe the world really should end on the 21st. Rest in peace to those angels
~kNiCk PriDe~

Return to New York Knicks