ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: 27 Killed, 18 elementary school students shot dead CON

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

BOOMbip
Banned User
And1: 170
Location: The views expressed are intended for entertaiment purposes only

Re: OT: 27 Killed, 18 elementary school students shot dead C 

Post#21 » by BOOMbip » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:39 pm

Calvin Klein wrote:
BOOMbip wrote:
Calvin Klein wrote:The world has many many problems. But this particular problem keeps happening again and again only in the USA.

It typically gets the most media attention when it happens in the USA.... there are alot of places that it happens that don't get any attention, Africa, Asia, South America.... it's just when it happens in the media frenzy capital of the world it gets splashed across the world on TV and the internet. It's sad every time it happens, everywhere it happens.

you keep telling yourself that.

... and you keep telling yourself it only happens in the US. Reality trumps.... and it's a tragedy every time it happens in the world for any and every reason, political, environmental, religious, economic....or pure unreasoned evil. It's always a horrible thing.
Lercher
Junior
And1: 52

Post#22 » by Lercher » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:39 pm

biggyfuzz wrote:Is it gun control problem or background problem?
It depends, due to the military obligations there is a gun in almost every Swiss household, yet because of the high public trust rate and a society being considered responsible it's never been a problem.
falcindor
General Manager
And1: 144

Post#23 » by falcindor » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:39 pm

HawthorneWingo wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:
HawthorneWingo wrote:Guns.

Not in this thread man...come on. Let's not make it political.

Political? Try telling that to the parent who just lost a child in this incident. Try telling that to next parent who loses a child because no one is doing anything about this. This is not political. This is reality. You tell me, when is the right time to talk about this? How many more people have to die at the hands of lunatics in possession of assault weapons?

By the way the guy used handguns. You have to be way out there to shoot just random kids. Emotionally people arent built to do that. Im starting to feel that games the desensitize people need to be reviewed. Sure they dont make people do this. But emotionally it kinds of prepares the mind.
kane
Head Coach
And1: 2,349

Post#24 » by kane » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:40 pm

yeah this only happens in America and its because we have so many guns.... right? sorry but its a F'ed up world its not just us

http://abcnews.go.com/International/sto ... 964&page=1
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#25 » by ComboGuardCity » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:40 pm

HawthorneWingo wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:
HawthorneWingo wrote:Guns.

Not in this thread man...come on. Let's not make it political.

Political? Try telling that to the parent who just lost a child in this incident. Try telling that to next parent who loses a child because no one is doing anything about this. This is not political. This is reality. You tell me, when is the right time to talk about this? How many more people have to die at the hands of lunatics in possession of assault weapons?

I'm not saying a disagree with you, but this kind of stuff leads to arguments and I don't really think this thread is somewhere that argument needs to occur. No one ever wins in these online arguments. Its a pointless recursive loop.
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#26 » by AllanHoustonFan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:40 pm

Humanity continues to take L's
#MKGA
Nono
Banned User
And1: 65

Post#27 » by Nono » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:42 pm

When everyone has guns this is what you get.
adjacent2bench
RealGM
And1: 7,495

Post#28 » by adjacent2bench » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:48 pm

The way guns are easily accessible for many people, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. Thoughts to all those affected by these sickos.
SaveUsKP6
Sixth Man
And1: 550

Post#29 » by SaveUsKP6 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:55 pm

IF you came in here to talk about gun control, get the F out. If you're a parent, and your first instinct is to talk about gun control right now, you are a terrible parent. I live about 20 mins from there and I have a kid myself. I've been fighting off tears all day at work, and you pieces of crap are talking about who should be able to own a gun. Have some god damn respect.
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#30 » by Red Vines » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:55 pm

Only takes one sicko out of 300 million.
Bulls69
Head Coach
And1: 411

Post#31 » by Bulls69 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:56 pm

Please Pray for the families a Grade K to 4 kids nothing more precious then our kids they are our future.
Knicksgod wrote: I know LeBron won't go to Chicago. There could be another surprise team, but if he leaves Cleveland, then teaming with Bosh and Gallo in NYC is a likely scenario.
Lercher
Junior
And1: 52

Post#32 » by Lercher » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:57 pm

kane wrote:yeah this only happens in America and its because we have so many guns.... right? sorry but its a F'ed up world its not just us

IMO the question is not if it happens someplace else, because it does, but how often it happens. IIRC there were two mass shootings recoerded in the EU this year, in Germany in late April (5 victims) and in France in September (3 victims), while the Brady Campaign recorded 16 mass shootings in the US between July and October only.
HixNixKnicksTix
Veteran
And1: 680

Post#33 » by HixNixKnicksTix » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:58 pm

i hate guns. absolutely hate them. but in a situation like this where a guy goes into an elementary school of all places to commit mass murder... even if he didn't have a gun... if guns were never invented... he would have built a bomb or found a way to take out his rage/contempt/psychosis no matter what.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,443

Post#34 » by cgmw » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:02 pm

ShumpShump wrote:IF you came in here to talk about gun control, get the F out. If you're a parent, and your first instinct is to talk about gun control right now, you are a terrible parent. I live about 20 mins from there and I have a kid myself. I've been fighting off tears all day at work, and you pieces of crap are talking about who should be able to own a gun. Have some god damn respect.

I concur.

I just don't really know what to say. Shocking. Unimaginable.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
BOOMbip
Banned User
And1: 170
Location: The views expressed are intended for entertaiment purposes only

Post#35 » by BOOMbip » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:07 pm

Dzwonsson wrote:
kane wrote:yeah this only happens in America and its because we have so many guns.... right? sorry but its a F'ed up world its not just us

IMO the question is not if it happens someplace else, because it does, but how often it happens. IIRC there were two mass shootings recoerded in the EU this year, in Germany in late April (5 victims) and in France in September (3 victims), while the Brady Campaign recorded 16 mass shootings in the US between July and October only.

Yea... this is a great dick measuring topic huh.... gotcha.

I think the point is it's not the weapon of choice, it's the issue of human condition that needs to be remedied. People want to look at the weapon and blame it but if we took all the weapons in the world and shot them into space in a rocket... thirty seconds later people would be bashing each others brains with rocks and sticks, the women, children and the weak would get murdered just the same.

'It makes it too easy' is just another talking point as 'it's not the gun', that to me is people looking for an excuse instead of finding the reason.... that reason is in our hearts and minds. We, humanity as whole, choose to avoid that in favor of the blame game. I wish I knew the answer but I don't, I just know a failed path that goes round and round with no results when I see it.
Quick Kick
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#36 » by Quick Kick » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:07 pm

HixNixKnicksTix wrote:i hate guns. absolutely hate them. but in a situation like this where a guy goes into an elementary school of all places to commit mass murder... even if he didn't have a gun... if guns were never invented... he would have built a bomb or found a way to take out his rage/contempt/psychosis no matter what.

you dont know that. He may not possess the intellectual know-how to build a damn bomb.
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,443

Post#37 » by cgmw » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:09 pm

Quick Kick wrote:
HixNixKnicksTix wrote:i hate guns. absolutely hate them. but in a situation like this where a guy goes into an elementary school of all places to commit mass murder... even if he didn't have a gun... if guns were never invented... he would have built a bomb or found a way to take out his rage/contempt/psychosis no matter what.

you dont know that. He may not possess the intellectual know-how to build a damn bomb.

I think the point right now is to give the emotional fallout a minute to settle before arguing semantics about the technical and geographical specifics of mass killings.

These are real life children who live very close to home. Give it a minute before chiming in with your particular political or geo-political commentary.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
HixNixKnicksTix
Veteran
And1: 680

Post#38 » by HixNixKnicksTix » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:12 pm

ShumpShump wrote:IF you came in here to talk about gun control, get the F out. If you're a parent, and your first instinct is to talk about gun control right now, you are a terrible parent. I live about 20 mins from there and I have a kid myself. I've been fighting off tears all day at work, and you pieces of crap are talking about who should be able to own a gun. Have some god damn respect.

Please elaborate.

I see it like this: a person sees in the news a kid shoot up an Oregon mall, a kid shoot someone on a Philly train (over being fans of different teams), then someone kills almost 30 people (mostly kids) all within a 4 day span. If you're a parent and just found out about the latest shooting via this thread how do you NOT want to immediately bring up gun control?
CrazyKnicks
General Manager
And1: 1,477

Post#39 » by CrazyKnicks » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:14 pm

Stuff like this is happening like very week now, wtf is going on?
denterprise
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Post#40 » by denterprise » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:16 pm

My prayers to all the families of the children and staff that are going through the worst pain imaginable. Lets keep them in our thoughts and try and figure out the rest of the madness later.

Return to New York Knicks