yardbarker

New York Knicks Draft Rights Retained

Name Height Weight Draft Status Nationality
Ahmad Nivins 6-9 207 2009 Rnd 2 Pick 26 United States

See all New York Knicks draft rights retained players

Melo out at least 1 game

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Brooklyn_Yards, Knickstape1214, GONYK, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC, j4remi, kane2021

Post#1 Melo out at least 1 game
Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:50 pm by GratefulDead

Just heard it on ESPN melo out AT LEAST 1 game..
GratefulDead
Banned User
Posts: 262
And1: 1
Joined: Jul 10, 2012
Location: 3hunna
Top

Post#2 Re: Melo out at least 1 game
Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:57 pm by KnicksScholar24

This is why Stoudemire needs to comeback soon, so New York is relying on Raymond Felton and JR Smith to be NY's main scorers/creators/offense-initiators when Carmelo misses a game.

Hopefully Anthony doesn't miss more than a couple games.
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 15,225
And1: 135
Joined: Nov 29, 2005
Location: Hawai'i
Top

Post#3 Re: Melo out at least 1 game
Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:01 pm by NY2k1

Melo should be back for the Rockets game on Monday hopefully.
NY2k1
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,542
And1: 55
Joined: Dec 20, 2011
Top

Post#4 Re: Melo out at least 1 game
Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:04 pm by Grinditout

Just thankful it's not a serious/long term injury.
Grinditout
General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 8,262
And1: 381
Joined: Aug 4, 2006
Top

Post#5 Re: Melo out at least 1 game
Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:08 pm by blumatic

3 full days of rest and treatment is whats needed.

STAT will be ready in due time. The Knicks are so good. They dont need a full roster to win alot of regular season games. But we gonna need STAT with the elite teams that we gonna see come spring.

OKC is the match up Im excited to see. They are top ten in virtually all positive statistical category. That team is really good.
We face them in March and April right during the time where teams want to flex the muescles for the playoff push. EPIC.
blumatic
Analyst
Posts: 3,624
And1: 369
Joined: Dec 2, 2011
Top

Post#6 Re: Melo out at least 1 game
Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:09 pm by Subway Token

Take your time, Melo.

Having a great record like the one we have now kinda allows these kinds of things to happen every now and then.
BAT10-GrandCentralChooChoos
G:Kirk Hinrich/Archie Goodwin/Eric Maynor
G:Monta Ellis/Courtney Lee
F:Paul George/Wesley Johnson
F:Paul Milsap/Udonis Haslem
C:Kendrick Perkins/Enes Kanter/Marreese Speights
HC: Erik Spoelstra
Subway Token
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 13,196
And1: 108
Joined: Aug 26, 2009
Location: Formerly knicksfan5494/NetsFanCheryl
Top

Post#7 Re: Melo out at least 1 game
Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:13 pm by SonOfMars

Im not mad at it, he shouldnt have to play vs sub-.500 teams if he doesnt have to..


But it does suck to know that either JR or Ray will be going for 25+ shots
Image
Props Turbo_Zone
SonOfMars

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 13,488
And1: 2,131
Joined: Mar 1, 2011
Location: 21 Shump Street
Top

Post#8 Re: Melo out at least 1 game
Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:19 pm by gethigh

I just wish this stuff evened out with the basketball gods and Howard sprained his ankle as well.
gethigh
Analyst
Posts: 3,106
And1: 69
Joined: Mar 10, 2012
Top

Post#9 Re: Melo out at least 1 game
Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:19 pm by Miked1958

NetsFanCheryl wrote:Take your time, Melo.

Having a great record like the one we have now kinda allows these kinds of things to happen every now and then.

Glad to be part of these Boards. Was part of another Knicks sight but noticed it wasn't anywhere near as good as this one so I joined.

Anyway can't wait for Amare and Iman to get back. Hope it doesn't mess with our chemistry like it did when amare came back last year.

Who do knicks drop to make room? White? Who else?
Miked1958
Pro Prospect
Posts: 828
And1: 14
Joined: Dec 13, 2012
Top

Post#10 Re: Melo out at least 1 game
Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:22 pm by Thugger HBC

Miked1958 wrote:
NetsFanCheryl wrote:Take your time, Melo.

Having a great record like the one we have now kinda allows these kinds of things to happen every now and then.

Glad to be part of these Boards. Was part of another Knicks sight but noticed it wasn't anywhere near as good as this one so I joined.

Anyway can't wait for Amare and Iman to get back. Hope it doesn't mess with our chemistry like it did when amare came back last year.

Who do knicks drop to make room? White? Who else?

Drop as in "inactive"?

White and Copeland

Sent from my Asus TR700T-B1-GR using Xparent Sky Blue Tapatalk 2
Image
:D Murry is my new hopeful, I'll gladly provide wagon service.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1263590&start=540
Thugger HBC




Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
User avatar
Posts: 31,921
And1: 2,989
Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
Top

Post#11 Re: Melo out at least 1 game
Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:39 pm by gethigh

Carmelo Anthony (ankle) wants to play Saturday, but the Knicks are planning to sit their star for at least one game despite his lobbying, a team source told the New York Daily News.

Trust me, they won't be able to keep Melo off the floor Monday when "Linsanity" comes to town. Just rest him vs. lottery cavs.
gethigh
Analyst
Posts: 3,106
And1: 69
Joined: Mar 10, 2012
Top

Post#12 Re: Melo out at least 1 game
Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:43 pm by kane

then i guess were lucky the next game is vs the cavs
kane
Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 3,765
And1: 661
Joined: Dec 30, 2011
Top

Post#13 Re: Melo out at least 1 game
Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:49 pm by knicksnation1

Get WELL Melo the knee&ankle problem is far more concerning than a few stitches on the finger.
knicksnation1
Senior
Posts: 700
And1: 10
Joined: Mar 13, 2012
Top

Post#14 Re: Melo out at least 1 game
Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:53 pm by Miked1958

Thugger HBC wrote:
Miked1958 wrote:
NetsFanCheryl wrote:Take your time, Melo.

Having a great record like the one we have now kinda allows these kinds of things to happen every now and then.

Glad to be part of these Boards. Was part of another Knicks sight but noticed it wasn't anywhere near as good as this one so I joined.

Anyway can't wait for Amare and Iman to get back. Hope it doesn't mess with our chemistry like it did when amare came back last year.

Who do knicks drop to make room? White? Who else?

Drop as in "inactive"?

White and Copeland

Sent from my Asus TR700T-B1-GR using Xparent Sky Blue Tapatalk 2
yes sorry.. Inactive is the correct word. They both are worth holding onto. They have shown some flashes in little time allotted to them
Miked1958
Pro Prospect
Posts: 828
And1: 14
Joined: Dec 13, 2012
Top

Post#15 Re: Melo out at least 1 game
Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:40 pm by 21shumpshumpst

Was at the game yesterday and when I saw this I literally said under my breath "we are cursed". I honestly saw he was out for the season after I saw the replay.

What a scary scary thing. I hope this is not some bs like with Amare "oh he is ok" then he is out a month.

Let him rest however long he needs.
21shumpshumpst
Veteran
Posts: 2,655
And1: 36
Joined: Aug 14, 2012
Top

Post#16 Re: Melo out at least 1 game
Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:49 pm by NYK-Mentality

I wouldn't be upset if Melo were out for 1 month. When you go back and look at that replay, it looks like a season ending injury. Ankle, knee, leg etc, etc everything looked to be ruined and/or out of place as Melo fell to the ground. When I hear 1 game, or even 5 games? It's a sign of relief. As a Jets fan, the injuries to both Revis and Holmes weren't even as violent looking as Melo's fall and landing.

C: Tyson Chandler.
PF: Kurt Thomas.
SF: Steve Novak.
2G: Jason Kidd.
PG: Raymond Felton.

J.R Smith, Ronnie Brewer, Rasheed Wallace, Pablo Prigioni, James White, Chris Copeland.

Not the strongest 11 man roster out there, missing the likes of Shumpert, Melo, Camby and Stoudemire but our above roster can still compete for 4 quarters strong. We took care of Miami without Melo so I'm hopeful that we'll be able to respond (as a team) against Cleveland. Looking for an underdog such as Copeland to make a name for himself. Kid lit the preseason up, now he'll have his chance to contribute come regular season play.
NYK-Mentality
Ballboy
Posts: 24
And1: 1
Joined: Dec 14, 2012
Top

Post#17 Re: Melo out at least 1 game
Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:53 pm by blumatic

NYK-Mentality wrote:I wouldn't be upset if Melo were out for 1 month. When you go back and look at that replay, it looks like a season ending injury. Ankle, knee, leg etc, etc everything looked to be ruined and/or out of place as Melo fell to the ground. When I hear 1 game, or even 5 games? It's a sign of relief. As a Jets fan, the injuries to both Revis and Holmes weren't even as violent looking as Melo's fall and landing.

C: Tyson Chandler.
PF: Kurt Thomas.
SF: Steve Novak.
2G: Jason Kidd.
PG: Raymond Felton.

J.R Smith, Ronnie Brewer, Rasheed Wallace, Pablo Prigioni, James White, Chris Copeland.

Not the strongest 11 man roster out there, missing the likes of Shumpert, Melo, Camby and Stoudemire but our above roster can still compete for 4 quarters strong. We took care of Miami without Melo so I'm hopeful that we'll be able to respond (as a team) against Cleveland. Looking for an underdog such as Copeland to make a name for himself. Kid lit the preseason up, now he'll have his chance to contribute come regular season play.


Nah. When I saw the replay I said Oh thank god.

1st reason, he didnt go down on his own.

2nd, Everything collappsed at the right place. It was the impact of the floor. No joint or limb went in an unnatral direction.
blumatic
Analyst
Posts: 3,624
And1: 369
Joined: Dec 2, 2011
Top

Post#18 Re: Melo out at least 1 game
Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:15 am by dainfamusgc

The quick cuts they make in nfl causes alot of those acl injuries


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dainfamusgc
RealGM
Posts: 10,067
And1: 38
Joined: Oct 7, 2003
Location: Bronx, NY
Top

Post#19 Re: Melo out at least 1 game
Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:21 am by suicidedeuce

Miked1958 wrote:yes sorry.. Inactive is the correct word. They both are worth holding onto. They have shown some flashes in little time allotted to them


Just to be clear. Stat, Shump,, White and Copeland are all already on the kNicks 15 man roster. Despite being inactive, Stat and Shump don't have to be added, therefore no one is in danger of being let go.

Assuming everyone is healthy, White will always certainly not be among the active 13. Copeland may be making a case to stay on the active roster over Camby or Thomas, unless one of them starts breaking out.
suicidedeuce
Veteran
Posts: 2,639
And1: 172
Joined: Nov 15, 2011
Top

Post#20 Re: Melo out at least 1 game
Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:00 am by NYKinMIA

Where can I send Melo a 'get well soon' basket of fruit? I don't want him pushing to come back early...get that healed to 100.
NYKinMIA

Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,964
And1: 873
Joined: Jul 26, 2012
Location: - Jill Martin's thong
Top

Next

Return to New York Knicks


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andyhop, Besart19, DaGawd, Fat Kat, Forbes, Gregory151, Knicksfan20, livintoolive, nyyanksfan20, offense, Priggy Smalls, StarH2O, suicidedeuce, Teppler, watchmen77, xTheHunterx