ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA part 2

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Knickstape1214, Brooklyn_Yards, Thorn, GONYK, Thugger HBC, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, j4remi

User avatar
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 35,577
And1: 5,011
Joined: Jan 14, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: Around the NBA part 2 

Post#886 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:45 am

The thread is for player analysis, news and game reactions and items not normally related to the Knicks.

Please show a little respect and keep it strictly on the post and not the posters themselves.

Thank you and good night.
Image
User avatar
Bill Bradley
RealGM
Posts: 12,671
And1: 574
Joined: Mar 03, 2005
Location: Somewhere waiting for Dolan to die so I can root for the Knicks again

Re: Around the NBA part 2 

Post#887 » by Bill Bradley » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:46 am

HerSports85 wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:Lin and Rockets haters out in full force. Most of the posters on this board had the Rockets pegged as the worst team in the league this season. Now it's "they are good but not built for the playoffs" and "but, but, Lin has a lot of turnovers".


I think a lot of people said this before they got harden, and they were right. Replace harden with K martin and I believe they're 9th seed. Be realistic, having your point guard turn the ball over 7 times is disaster in the playoffs. Not to mention his inconsistency.

With that said, as i stated, the offense run smooth, the defense is suspect ... do you disagree?

:roll: :roll:

Guess you a "hater" and out in "full force" if mention anything negative about lin on a Knicks site... smh.


I just point out when people are stretching to bash a player. And the hate is unwarranted, especially when we are talking about a good character guy who played his heart out for the Knicks.

The offense runs smooth largely due to Lin. When he's not on the court, things get ugly fast. The defense is not suspect- it is average, which you would expect with this style of play.

Lin has fewer turnovers this season than Rondo, Westbrook, Knight, Curry, Holiday, Vasquez, and Lillard this season but you never hear anyone talk about their turnovers. And he is also among the league leaders in steals. With the Rockets style of play, you are going to have turnovers- Harden has more than Lin. Lin more than makes up for turnovers with his steals and rebounds.
JunkYardSubs wrote:Who would think an Asian kid from Harvard would have so much success?!
User avatar
Butch718
General Manager
Posts: 7,867
And1: 1,358
Joined: Mar 13, 2012
       

Re: Around the NBA part 2 

Post#888 » by Butch718 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:48 am

Holy crap. The Heat got out rebounded 55-36 tonight.
21shumpshumpst
Banned User
Posts: 2,655
And1: 36
Joined: Aug 14, 2012

Re: Around the NBA part 2 

Post#889 » by 21shumpshumpst » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:49 am

Bill Bradley wrote:Lin and Rockets haters out in full force. Most of the posters on this board had the Rockets pegged as the worst team in the league this season. Now it's "they are good but not built for the playoffs" and "but, but, Lin has a lot of turnovers".

Harden. That is the difference. Not lin, not asik, not parsons but Harden.

He is the reason they are in this position. I WISH they had never made that trade so you and your like would have disappeared.
Winseb
Junior
Posts: 299
And1: 51
Joined: Nov 15, 2012
 

Re: Around the NBA part 2 

Post#890 » by Winseb » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:50 am

Was D'Antoni looking at the Rockets' offense with a face of envy? Save for the heavy use of pick and rolls the Rockets play like how D'Antoni wants the Lakers to play.
User avatar
Butch718
General Manager
Posts: 7,867
And1: 1,358
Joined: Mar 13, 2012
       

Re: Around the NBA part 2 

Post#891 » by Butch718 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:50 am

:lol: This thread always gets derailed whenever the Rockets play.
Winseb
Junior
Posts: 299
And1: 51
Joined: Nov 15, 2012
 

Re: Around the NBA part 2 

Post#892 » by Winseb » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:52 am

Butch718 wrote::lol: This thread always gets derailed whenever the Rockets play.


Yup, but everything's contained in this thread so I don't mind. Though it's a pain to sift through the posts to find comments about the other teams. :lol:
User avatar
god shammgod
RealGM
Posts: 59,770
And1: 13,841
Joined: Feb 18, 2006
Location: Stop Making Threads!

Re: Around the NBA part 2 

Post#893 » by god shammgod » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:53 am

Butch718 wrote::lol: This thread always gets derailed whenever the Rockets play.


it is amazing. it's like nothing else goes on in basketball.
Image
3StarburyAriza21
Junior
Posts: 369
And1: 3
Joined: Jul 27, 2005

Re: Around the NBA part 2 

Post#894 » by 3StarburyAriza21 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:03 am

Why does every Lin post turns into a Lin v Felton debate? We could've had both for $7 mil. Lin at $5 mil would've been one of the biggest bargains in the NBA this year; when the poison pill comes up he becomes an expiring contract. Lin's playing every bit as well as he did during Linsanity; the only reason his stats are worse is that Harden brings the ball up half the time so he doesn't get as many assists. And he's 23 and still has barely played one season worth of games. Dolan just gave that away for free, like he was selling a lottery pick. It's still infuriating. There is absolutely no reason why Lin shouldn't be helping this team win right now and in the long-term future.
User avatar
Dudedude88
Junior
Posts: 495
And1: 12
Joined: Feb 21, 2012

Re: Around the NBA part 2 

Post#895 » by Dudedude88 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:06 am

it was a big game cause everybody likes to see the Fakers lose. This game pretty much ends their playoff contention. They have to win like 66% of their games from this point on
User avatar
god shammgod
RealGM
Posts: 59,770
And1: 13,841
Joined: Feb 18, 2006
Location: Stop Making Threads!

Re: Around the NBA part 2 

Post#896 » by god shammgod » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:07 am

Dudedude88 wrote:it was a big game cause everybody likes to see the Fakers lose. This game pretty much ends their playoff contention. They have to win like 66% of there games after this point.


they're 3 back in the loss column of the last spot. it's early to call it over.
Image
knicksnyk
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,708
And1: 42
Joined: Jun 12, 2012

Re: Around the NBA part 2 

Post#897 » by knicksnyk » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:08 am

21shumpshumpst wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:Lin and Rockets haters out in full force. Most of the posters on this board had the Rockets pegged as the worst team in the league this season. Now it's "they are good but not built for the playoffs" and "but, but, Lin has a lot of turnovers".

Harden. That is the difference. Not lin, not asik, not parsons but Harden.

He is the reason they are in this position. I WISH they had never made that trade so you and your like would have disappeared.



Oh my. You are something else.

Anyway, The rockets play at the fastest pace in the NBA. turnovers aren't a problem. A lot of there turnovers is because of them trying to push the pace.
Wolfgang
Sophomore
Posts: 151
And1: 4
Joined: Dec 24, 2012

Re: Around the NBA part 2 

Post#898 » by Wolfgang » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:09 am

Dudedude88 wrote:it was a big game cause everybody likes to see the Fakers lose. This game pretty much ends their playoff contention. They have to win like 66% of their games from this point on


Their season is over.
Winseb
Junior
Posts: 299
And1: 51
Joined: Nov 15, 2012
 

Re: Around the NBA part 2 

Post#899 » by Winseb » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:14 am

god shammgod wrote:they're 3 back in the loss column of the last spot. it's early to call it over.


It might not have ended tonight, but I've got a feeling all hope will soon be lost in Lakerland.
Quick Kick
Banned User
Posts: 3,855
And1: 120
Joined: Apr 14, 2012
Location: Duval County by way of the Bronx

Re: Around the NBA part 2 

Post#900 » by Quick Kick » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:16 am

KnickSon75 wrote:Confused by all the Lin/Houston love in this thread? Do they not let Knick fans post on the Houston board? Yall can always head over there and drop all kinds of gifs/youtubeclips/jpegs/tweets/fan mail/poetry and I think they would appreciate it more and give yah better conversation then we would give. Or should we change the name of this thread to "Whats Lin doing tonight that he could have been doing for us"? dudes gone lol

right?

but when he shoots 3-11 or 2-9 two or three games straight.....all you hear is crickets from these guys. They only show up when he has a good game once a week. Bill Bradley is the worst. Why do you come back here? You're a Houstonian now. Congrats. You no longer have ties to the Knicks. Clutchfans misses you.
knicksnyk
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,708
And1: 42
Joined: Jun 12, 2012

Re: Around the NBA part 2 

Post#901 » by knicksnyk » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:26 am

Quick Kick wrote:
KnickSon75 wrote:Confused by all the Lin/Houston love in this thread? Do they not let Knick fans post on the Houston board? Yall can always head over there and drop all kinds of gifs/youtubeclips/jpegs/tweets/fan mail/poetry and I think they would appreciate it more and give yah better conversation then we would give. Or should we change the name of this thread to "Whats Lin doing tonight that he could have been doing for us"? dudes gone lol

right?

but when he shoots 3-11 or 2-9 two or three games straight.....all you hear is crickets from these guys. They only show up when he has a good game once a week. Bill Bradley is the worst. Why do you come back here? You're a Houstonian now. Congrats. You no longer have ties to the Knicks. Clutchfans misses you.


You are very right. But when he has a great game you all come out with your nonsense. Both parties embarrass themselves. For someone that doesn't want to hear about Lin anymore you are ALWAYS involved in the conversation.
User avatar
HerSports85
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,939
And1: 95
Joined: Dec 22, 2011
   

Re: Around the NBA part 2 

Post#902 » by HerSports85 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:30 am

Bill Bradley wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:Lin and Rockets haters out in full force. Most of the posters on this board had the Rockets pegged as the worst team in the league this season. Now it's "they are good but not built for the playoffs" and "but, but, Lin has a lot of turnovers".


I think a lot of people said this before they got harden, and they were right. Replace harden with K martin and I believe they're 9th seed. Be realistic, having your point guard turn the ball over 7 times is disaster in the playoffs. Not to mention his inconsistency.

With that said, as i stated, the offense run smooth, the defense is suspect ... do you disagree?

:roll: :roll:

Guess you a "hater" and out in "full force" if mention anything negative about lin on a Knicks site... smh.


I just point out when people are stretching to bash a player. And the hate is unwarranted, especially when we are talking about a good character guy who played his heart out for the Knicks.

The offense runs smooth largely due to Lin. When he's not on the court, things get ugly fast. The defense is not suspect- it is average, which you would expect with this style of play.

Lin has fewer turnovers this season than Rondo, Westbrook, Knight, Curry, Holiday, Vasquez, and Lillard this season but you never hear anyone talk about their turnovers. And he is also among the league leaders in steals. With the Rockets style of play, you are going to have turnovers- Harden has more than Lin. Lin more than makes up for turnovers with his steals and rebounds.


Average on defense? They give up 100pts per game, and currently ranked 29th. Only ahead of the bobcats.

Also, I advise you to look at other boards. I post on the Pistons site as well, and posters always complain about B. Knight, but the difference is ... no one is calling him an allstar or a top pg in the league. As far as Westbrook, Rondo and Curry .. no one really complains about their turnovers because of theirs assists, points. consistency, and defense.

As for Lillard, dude is a rookie .. come on. And Holiday has improved every single year he's been in the league.

Not saying Lin is a bad point guard, but he needs to be more consistent and cut down on the 6/7 game turnovers. There is area for improvement. Just don't think he's the allstar you make him out to be, especially when you have point guards in the league like Chris Paul, Toney Parker, Kyle Irving, Rondo, and Westbrook.
User avatar
bfpri
Junior
Posts: 470
And1: 155
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
 

Re: Around the NBA part 2 

Post#903 » by bfpri » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:40 am

Houston rides on Lin more than you think. Not a coincidence that they were down double digits in the first half and Lin was playing like crap. When Lin started playing better, they won the second half. Their recent 15 game run has also come on the improved play of Lin. Its not all Harden, look at the rockets record with Harden and with Lin playing like crap versus the last 15 games where he has stopped sucking.
knicksnyk
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,708
And1: 42
Joined: Jun 12, 2012

Re: Around the NBA part 2 

Post#904 » by knicksnyk » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:47 am

HerSports85 wrote:
Average on defense? They give up 100pts per game, and currently ranked 29th. Only ahead of the bobcats.

Also, I advise you to look at other boards. I post on the Pistons site as well, and posters always complain about B. Knight, but the difference is ... no one is calling him an allstar or a top pg in the league. As far as Westbrook, Rondo and Curry .. no one really complains about their turnovers because of theirs assists, points. consistency, and defense.

As for Lillard, dude is a rookie .. come on. And Holiday has improved every single year he's been in the league.

Not saying Lin is a bad point guard, but he needs to be more consistent and cut down on the 6/7 game turnovers. There is area for improvement. Just don't think he's the allstar you make him out to be, especially when you have point guards in the league like Chris Paul, Toney Parker, Kyle Irving, Rondo, and Westbrook.


Nobody calls Lin an all star. Lins defense is solid and has been so for the entire season. Lin is also a rookie in terms of experience hasn't even started a full nba season. If Jrue has improved every year why can't lin do the same get real. And how many PG's who have less than a season as a full time starter under there belt are all stars? And how many PG's who have less than a season as a full time starter under there belt are consistent. He is young he is supposed to be inconsistent. A lot of what you said makes no sense.
gmoney411
Pro Prospect
Posts: 801
And1: 198
Joined: Feb 07, 2012

Re: Around the NBA part 2 

Post#905 » by gmoney411 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:50 am

HerSports85 wrote:[

Average on defense? They give up 100pts per game, and currently ranked 29th. Only ahead of the bobcats.


Points given up is not the best way to determine defense. The Rockets play at a faster pace than anybody in the NBA. As a result, opponents end up with a lot more fg attempts. FG% is a much better way to determine how good a team is defensively.

Return to New York Knicks