yardbarker

Sixers waive PG Maalik Wayns

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, NoLayupRule, Brooklyn_Yards, mrpoetryNmotion, j4remi, Knickstape1214, GONYK, Thugger HBC, Thorn

Post#16 Re: Sixers waive PG Maalik Wayns
Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:42 pm by tim2nyy

I'm a Villanova alum and watched Wayns play quite a bit. He definitely has talent but I'm not sure he can ultimately cut it at this level, at least not right now. I don't think we should bother.
tim2nyy




Junior
User avatar
Posts: 265
And1: 35
Joined: Dec 14, 2011
Top

Post#17 Re: Sixers waive PG Maalik Wayns
Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:43 pm by NoLayupRule

moocow007 wrote:If the Knicks are going to cut White or Copeland to add a PG they might as well just sign Delonte West already. Or at least cut Kurt Thomas and sign the Birdman...to make me happy.

Id cut White for West and Thomas for Birdman in a sec


we need perimeter D, Shot blocking and rebounding

seems like a good fit
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
User avatar
Posts: 37,627
And1: 1,817
Joined: Dec 5, 2002
Location: Playoffs Fool!
Top

Post#18 Re: Sixers waive PG Maalik Wayns
Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:44 pm by Tron Carter

Lakers waived Darius Johnson-Odom.

I remember some mock drafts had us selecting him rather then Papanikolaou.
ibraheim718 wrote:Coming up with ideas to fix this team is like coming up with ideas for world peace.
Tron Carter
Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,244
And1: 1,784
Joined: Jul 20, 2012
Location: Basketball Purgatory
Top

Post#19 Re: Sixers waive PG Maalik Wayns
Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:45 pm by Tron Carter

NoLayupRule wrote:
moocow007 wrote:If the Knicks are going to cut White or Copeland to add a PG they might as well just sign Delonte West already. Or at least cut Kurt Thomas and sign the Birdman...to make me happy.

Id cut White for West and Thomas for Birdman in a sec


we need perimeter D, Shot blocking and rebounding

seems like a good fit


Woodson so far has a good track record with knuckleheads (Swish, Crawful). I wouldn't mind West on this team at all.
ibraheim718 wrote:Coming up with ideas to fix this team is like coming up with ideas for world peace.
Tron Carter
Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,244
And1: 1,784
Joined: Jul 20, 2012
Location: Basketball Purgatory
Top

Post#20 Re: Sixers waive PG Maalik Wayns
Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:56 pm by Brooklyn_Yards

HakeemKnicks wrote:Lakers waived Darius Johnson-Odom.

I remember some mock drafts had us selecting him rather then Papanikolaou.

On the defensive side of the ball, Johnson-Odom gives good effort on this side of the ball and has the upper and lower body strength to defend strong NBA shooting guards. His average size, however, is an issue for someone who is at his best off the ball.

If Johnson-Odom were 6'5” there would be no questions about his ability to contribute at the next level. His ability to make shots from the perimeter and create off the dribble are coveted skills, especially considering his winning pedigree and the intensity he brings on the defensive end.

Johnson-Odom's size may give some teams room for pause, but fortunately for him there is a long list of undersized shooting guards currently seeing extensive playing time in the NBA today. As much as any prospect, the personnel around Darius Johnson-Odom could play a hand in whether a team is able to find a role he could be effective in at the next level.
[Read Full Article]

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2HKigrGL9

He plays good defense which is what we need.
knicks94 wrote:If Phil were smart he would take his limo to Connecticut and speak with Vin Baker.
Brooklyn_Yards



Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
User avatar
Posts: 9,528
And1: 3,441
Joined: May 15, 2012
Location: Waiting to see the receipts.
Top

Post#21 Re: Sixers waive PG Maalik Wayns
Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:58 pm by TheToothFairy

Is Wayns better than Machado?
TheToothFairy
Banned User
Posts: 6,121
And1: 292
Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Location: Under Your Pillow
Top

Post#22 Re: Sixers waive PG Maalik Wayns
Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:01 pm by ctorres

Sorry, but I've grown too attached to this 15 man roster. I want nobody to be cut. Kurt Thomas should finish out the season with us and retire a Knick.
ctorres
RealGM
Posts: 11,773
And1: 915
Joined: Jun 4, 2005
Top

Post#23 Re: Sixers waive PG Maalik Wayns
Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:07 pm by Logical

moocow007 wrote:Which one is he?

Image

He's the funny one.
Logical
Junior
Posts: 464
And1: 4
Joined: Jul 19, 2010
Top

Post#24 Re: Sixers waive PG Maalik Wayns
Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:20 pm by Barnes

ctorres wrote:Sorry, but I've grown too attached to this 15 man roster. I want nobody to be cut. Kurt Thomas should finish out the season with us and retire a Knick.

^This.
Barnes
Freshman
Posts: 85
And1: 2
Joined: Jan 7, 2013
Top

Post#25 Re: Sixers waive PG Maalik Wayns
Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:22 pm by Brooklyn_Yards

Barnes wrote:
ctorres wrote:Sorry, but I've grown too attached to this 15 man roster. I want nobody to be cut. Kurt Thomas should finish out the season with us and retire a Knick.

^This.

Lol no 3 guys are very expendable KT, White, Copeland.
knicks94 wrote:If Phil were smart he would take his limo to Connecticut and speak with Vin Baker.
Brooklyn_Yards



Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
User avatar
Posts: 9,528
And1: 3,441
Joined: May 15, 2012
Location: Waiting to see the receipts.
Top

Post#26 Re: Sixers waive PG Maalik Wayns
Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:29 pm by Thugger HBC

Brooklyn_Yards wrote:
Barnes wrote:
ctorres wrote:Sorry, but I've grown too attached to this 15 man roster. I want nobody to be cut. Kurt Thomas should finish out the season with us and retire a Knick.

^This.

Lol no 3 guys are very expendable KT, White, Copeland.

Cope has talent, gotta get something in return instead of a waive.

But I doubt anyone gets, waived, moved, or traded, this is the squad, I can dig that.
Image
Thugger HBC




Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
User avatar
Posts: 33,795
And1: 4,008
Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
Top

Post#27 Re: Sixers waive PG Maalik Wayns
Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:36 pm by Brooklyn_Yards

Thugger HBC wrote:Cope has talent, gotta get something in return instead of a waive.

But I doubt anyone gets, waived, moved, or traded, this is the squad, I can dig that.


Same here, Also I wouldnt waive Cope my problem with him is he usually gives up as many points as he scores. I like Cope.
knicks94 wrote:If Phil were smart he would take his limo to Connecticut and speak with Vin Baker.
Brooklyn_Yards



Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
User avatar
Posts: 9,528
And1: 3,441
Joined: May 15, 2012
Location: Waiting to see the receipts.
Top

Post#28 Re: Sixers waive PG Maalik Wayns
Mon Jan 7, 2013 7:27 pm by nykballa2k4

Wayns is total trash. Rather have my Bibby back ribs.
There is no asterisk on ANY N.B.A. titles.

Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
nykballa2k4
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 15,901
And1: 815
Joined: Jul 25, 2004
Location: There are good players and there are bad players... Then...there's the other guys
Top

Post#29 Re: Sixers waive PG Maalik Wayns
Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:07 pm by TheToothFairy

Waive Copeland? Are y'all crazy? Dude has a NBA Skill and that scoring
TheToothFairy
Banned User
Posts: 6,121
And1: 292
Joined: Jun 27, 2011
Location: Under Your Pillow
Top

Post#30 Re: Sixers waive PG Maalik Wayns
Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:12 pm by Pharmcat

nykballa2k4 wrote:Wayns is total trash. Rather have my Bibby back ribs.


:o :o :o
Pharmcat
Global Mod
Global Mod
User avatar
Posts: 43,242
And1: 1,112
Joined: Oct 4, 2002
Top

Post#31 Re: Sixers waive PG Maalik Wayns
Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:42 pm by Deeeez Knicks

0 roster changes in a season for the knicks? Is that possible?
New Orleans
C: Nene | Biyombo | Motiejunas
PF: Ibaka | Tobias Harris | MotieJunas | Clint Capela
SF: Gallo | Tobias Harris | J. Crowder
SG: Kobe | Ben McLemore | Mo Williams
PG: Calderon | Steve Nash | Mo Williams
Deeeez Knicks


RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 17,958
And1: 2,187
Joined: Nov 11, 2004
Location: Bar stool
Top

Post#32 Re: Sixers waive PG Maalik Wayns
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:52 pm by SonOfMars

The 76ers are pretty foul for this..

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... y_Contract
Image
Props Turbo_Zone
SonOfMars

RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 13,848
And1: 2,717
Joined: Mar 1, 2011
Location: 21 Shump Street
Top

Post#33 Re: Sixers waive PG Maalik Wayns
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:58 pm by HarthorneWingo

SonOfMars wrote:The 76ers are pretty foul for this..

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... y_Contract



:rofl:
PMFJB
-copywrite Capn'O (2014)
HarthorneWingo




RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 22,367
And1: 2,836
Joined: May 16, 2005
Location: Harlem, New York
Top

Post#34 Re: Sixers waive PG Maalik Wayns
Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:03 am by ctorres

HawthorneWingo wrote:
SonOfMars wrote:The 76ers are pretty foul for this..

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... y_Contract



:rofl:


Well he still made a 6 figure salary for 35 or so NBA games. How many NBDL players can say that?
ctorres
RealGM
Posts: 11,773
And1: 915
Joined: Jun 4, 2005
Top

Post#35 Re: Sixers waive PG Maalik Wayns
Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:05 am by HarthorneWingo

ctorres wrote:
HawthorneWingo wrote:
SonOfMars wrote:The 76ers are pretty foul for this..

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/22 ... y_Contract



:rofl:


Well he still made a 6 figure salary for 35 or so NBA games. How many NBDL players can say that?



Oh, no doubt. Hopefully it builds character. lol. This is a business.
PMFJB
-copywrite Capn'O (2014)
HarthorneWingo




RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 22,367
And1: 2,836
Joined: May 16, 2005
Location: Harlem, New York
Top

Next

Return to New York Knicks


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ag3, damedash09, Dantares, knicks85, Knickstape1214, Little Italia, MetaKnick13, moocow007, Rock Bottom, sol537, Statrax, Walzon