ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Alex Jones freaks out on CNN

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

AndroidMan
Veteran
And1: 262

Re: OT: Alex Jones freaks out on CNN 

Post#41 » by AndroidMan » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:11 pm

kam_soluusar wrote:I would also like to point out, that the American constitution is old. It needs to be more relevant to the current times. I point to the bible.

i disagree. I believe the Constitution is as relevant as it was when it was written. The creators had the foresight and historical education for what an ideal government should be. Balance of power, bill of rights, and the power of state rights were very visionary not just for the time, but for the future as well. Once you start giving away your god given rights is when gov't tramples all over you. It's slowly happening in this country where balance of power is gone. Individual liberties are being snatched away. State rights are being pushed aside in favor of federal abuse and power grabs. In conclusion, the constitution is as important as it ever was and I commend the authors for having the foresight to have it be adaptive to future times as well.
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 206

Post#42 » by yaboynyp » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:11 pm

Who is this idiot??… Can you kill 27 people at once with a knife??
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach

Post#43 » by yaboynyp » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:13 pm

bballfanatic81 wrote:i think most people misunderstand alex jones. he's not a crazed lunatic conspiracy theorist. he's just very adamant about protecting the american constitution and the rights of all citizens. when president jfk was still alive (a few days before his assassination), he gave a speech where he warned about covert groups inside his own government seeking to remove power from the people.

I wonder why people feel that way…weird
AndroidMan
Veteran

Post#44 » by AndroidMan » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:42 pm

Brooklyn_Yards wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWQPZ-taYBs[/youtube]

So I've been loosely following AJ for years because my bf is a CT and here's another one of his EPIC rants, this guy sounds like all the other freakjobs afraid of loosing their precious weapons,

Actually AJ is pretty on point in this video...just watched it. He does get mad at Piers and calls him a globalist, which I also agree. Piers tries to cut off Alex when he's talking truth. Alex handle Piers like the ingrate he is. Aj played his hand well here, he Pwned Piers Morgan. On top, Piers was being very rude and trying to dominate the debate by forcing his own questions down AJ throat. Aj is on point. Call Piers Morgan a "hatchet arm for the NWO." He does expose Piers for the whole Murdoch hacking case. Nice job, very well done Aj.
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach

Post#45 » by yaboynyp » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:46 pm

AndroidMan wrote:
Brooklyn_Yards wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWQPZ-taYBs[/youtube]

So I've been loosely following AJ for years because my bf is a CT and here's another one of his EPIC rants, this guy sounds like all the other freakjobs afraid of loosing their precious weapons,

Actually AJ is pretty on point in this video...just watched it. He does get mad at Piers and calls him a globalist, which I also agree. Piers tries to cut off Alex when he's talking truth. Alex handle Piers like the ingrate he is. Aj played his hand well here, he Pwned Piers Morgan. On top, Piers was being very rude and trying to dominate the debate by forcing his own questions down AJ throat. Aj is on point. Call Piers Morgan a "hatchet arm for the NWO." He does expose Piers for the whole Murdoch hacking case. Nice job, very well done Aj.

Pretty much disagree with every thing you said. Dood sounds so loud and irrational It’s hard to even follow his logic. I’m all in favor of pursuing the mental health aspect of this, starting with Alex Jones first..
AndroidMan
Veteran

Post#46 » by AndroidMan » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:54 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWQPZ-taYBs[/youtube]

10:41-

Piers: Why do people need them(guns/assault rifles)?
AJ: They need them to protect us from the #1 killer in History, Government in the 2oth Century. University of Hawaii did a study.. (govt's) killed 292 million people. 'It's called Democide. 'Google it People'
Little Italia
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,134

Post#47 » by Little Italia » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:55 pm

I can't believe i used to follow this quack. Alex Jones is such a joke and he looks like Eric Cartman.

"New York Knicks will never win a championship with James Dolan at the helm. Off with his head!!"

WELCOME TO MEDIOCRE HELL
AndroidMan
Veteran

Post#48 » by AndroidMan » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:57 pm

yaboynyp wrote:
Pretty much disagree with every thing you said. Dood sounds so loud and irrational It’s hard to even follow his logic. I’m all in favor of pursuing the mental health aspect of this, starting with Alex Jones first..

It's understandable you do disagree. I'm not worried about your mental health, but you're actual knowledge of the world, beyond what is even taught in school. I hope I had time to truly inform you, but your resistance to any truth is apparent. I wish you the best and hope you become enlightened someday,
AndroidMan
Veteran

Post#49 » by AndroidMan » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:03 pm

Also calls Piers a foreigner and a Redcoat at the very end. I even enjoy his mocking the proper British accent, as that is suppose to makes someone sound prestigious. AJ won me back.
Banned User
And1: 536

Post#50 » by 420 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:17 pm

As someone who takes a keen interest in politics because my family's wealth was stripped by Fidel Castro, my family having to come to America broke and start all over, and my dad having to scrub toilets at a restaurant when he first got here in order to support my grandparents who didn't speak English and couldn't find a job because of it, I want to say F YEAH to Alex Jones.

The only thing that separates the Constitution from being just another piece of paper is an American's right to bear arms. These liberals want to take away our right to arms, just like all their communist predecessors before them, because they know that the public will wake up some day and realize their politicians have been screwing them. When that day comes, it will be the day we take this country back and restore our freedoms and liberties.
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,603

Post#51 » by youngthegiant » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:21 pm

he is right though, it's not the guns, it's the people. Annoys me so much though, wish he would present his ideas more calmly, then maybe more people would listen. If I'm watching that for the first time, I'm just going to think that guy is crazy.
J9Starks3
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,195

Post#52 » by J9Starks3 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:24 pm

AndroidMan wrote:
kam_soluusar wrote:Just remember, when your constitution was written, that they didn't have tactical assault rifles available.

The right to arm one's self was to protect one self from government power and abuse, specifically British troops being allowed to have qtrs in colonialist households. You're correct that the citizens didn't have assault rifles during the writing of the constitution, but what you are missing is neither did the government or anyone else. IF the government has the weaponry, then so should its citizens, according to the Constitution. .

I dont agree with his tone or how he goes about this conversation. I am not as big a conspiracy nut as Alex Jones...but youre absolutely right. In fact, most of the heavy arms used to fight for our independence were privately owned.

This has everything to do with making sure the government is scared of its people and not the other way around. Why do you think that when rebels fight back against an oppressive government, the first thing the US does is find ways to get them rocket launchers and military grade weapons. Without them, its not a fight for independence, its genocide....
JoseChinga
Banned User
And1: 23

Post#53 » by JoseChinga » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:27 pm

420 wrote:As someone who takes a keen interest in politics because my family's wealth was stripped by Fidel Castro, my family having to come to America broke and start all over, and my dad having to scrub toilets at a restaurant when he first got here in order to support my grandparents who didn't speak English and couldn't find a job because of it, I want to say F YEAH to Alex Jones.

The only thing that separates the Constitution from being just another piece of paper is an American's right to bear arms. These liberals want to take away our right to arms, just like all their communist predecessors before them, because they know that the public will wake up some day and realize their politicians have been screwing them. When that day comes, it will be the day we take this country back and restore our freedoms and liberties.

It could of been worse, your family could of assassinated. Be grateful you actually got a chance at wealth and prosperity in America, because theres millions of people in the world who have it way worse than Cubans and especially privelleged Cubans in Miami.
J9Starks3
Assistant Coach

Post#54 » by J9Starks3 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:28 pm

kam_soluusar wrote:I would also like to point out, that the American constitution is old. It needs to be more relevant to the current times. I point to the bible.

How many of you, are Catholic? How many of you eat red meat on Fridays? Use contraception? These are but two things expressly forbidden. Now how many of you Christians/Catholics look at that, and say, "What BS, they need to get with the times!" Contraceptives help lower the spread of disease, no red meat on fridays? what a crock. I am just trying to point out that you are following the edicts of a document that is over 300 years old. I am not saying "re-write your constitution." However I am saying, give the damn thing an overhaul. Hold a referendum on gun control. Take the power away from the government, and put it back in the hands of the people.

Your knowledge of both the Constitution and the Bible needs some work...

Please find me the passage in the Bible that bans red meat on fridays...

That is besides the point... also, there is a process to "overhaul" the Constitution...its called through Amendments... not that really any are needed (and most of the ones there should be removed).

The purpose of a government is to protect the natural rights of its citizens and as such does not change over time...
J9Starks3
Assistant Coach

Post#55 » by J9Starks3 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:30 pm

JoseChinga wrote:
420 wrote:As someone who takes a keen interest in politics because my family's wealth was stripped by Fidel Castro, my family having to come to America broke and start all over, and my dad having to scrub toilets at a restaurant when he first got here in order to support my grandparents who didn't speak English and couldn't find a job because of it, I want to say F YEAH to Alex Jones.

It could of been worse, your family could of assassinated. Be grateful you actually got a chance at wealth and prosperity in America, because theres millions of people in the world who have it way worse than Cubans and especially privelleged Cubans in Miami.

And I would put money on most of those people who have it worse live in countries (like Cuba) with strict gun laws for anyone other than those in power...
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach

Post#56 » by yaboynyp » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:31 pm

AndroidMan wrote:
yaboynyp wrote:

It's understandable you do disagree. I'm not worried about your mental health, but you're actual knowledge of the world, beyond what is even taught in school. I hope I had time to truly inform you, but your resistance to any truth is apparent. I wish you the best and hope you become enlightened someday,

Yes because if I disagree with you I obviously must lack “actual knowledge of the world, beyond what is taught in school”…. Sounds like the words of an enlightened individual. Maaan I really hope I can get to your level one day..mmmhmmm

Also if Alex Jones was trying to argue against gun control, he needs a new script. Can’t see how most sane people would take time to sift through all of his rants and yelling to decipher what his point is. He just sounds loud, and angry, combine that with the fact he’s advocating for more guns and he sounds scary…
WadeVsTraffic
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#57 » by WadeVsTraffic » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:37 pm

Something tells me the NRA isn't exactly thrilled about Alex Jones being the face attached with gun advocacy. As for the 2nd amendment being the only thing protecting us from 'tyranny', well that's just completely delusional thinking. 1) Term limits protect us from 'tyranny' not guns. 2) All the guns in the world would be useless against a 1st class military equipped with tanks, bomber jets, drones, missiles etc.... So this idea that the 2nd amendment somehow protects us from 'tyranny' is just a hilarious notion. There will never be a second American Revolution.
johnnywishbone
General Manager
And1: 1,361

Post#58 » by johnnywishbone » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:38 pm

NYKhooligan wrote:Alex Jones speaks the truth. Thats why hes radio show has millions of followers daily around the nation. Stick to mainstream media guys.

Hitler had millions of followers too. I guess he spoke the truth too?

On top of that.... if viewership defines credibility why are you against the main stream media? They have tens of millions of people who tune in everyday. Shouldn't we all be listening to Kelly Ripa by your logic?
Play time is over.
Starks1994
Veteran
And1: 185

Post#59 » by Starks1994 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:40 pm

What part of Cuba? My family has a similar story. My Aunt actually just came back to visit Cuba as part of a Church group to visit her old home that was "nationalized"

I don't think that blanketing people as "liberals" or "conservatives" is productive though. The world isn't that simple because then individuals and people like myself who have their own unique opinions on many issues that vary from what is considered classical liberal or conservative thinking have their voices lost in any dialogue that should be taking place on these topics. Our political system has become so fragmented by view points and sides to the point where if you don't choose a political party to side with, you get displaced from the democratic process our Constitution was supposed to uphold. It's kind of ironic actually when people uphold the Constitution to these pious levels, yet the actual document isn't that impressive in the year 2012. Do you know that slavery is still written into that document? It took an amendment to fix that little blemish. And don't get me started on the electoral college system in the Constitution that also is about as flawed as the Brooklyn Nets.
J9Starks3
Assistant Coach

Post#60 » by J9Starks3 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:56 pm

WadeVsTraffic wrote:Something tells me the NRA isn't exactly thrilled about Alex Jones being the face attached with gun advocacy. As for the 2nd amendment being the only thing protecting us from 'tyranny', well that's just completely delusional thinking. 1) Term limits protect us from 'tyranny' not guns. 2) All the guns in the world would be useless against a 1st class military equipped with tanks, bomber jets, drones, missiles etc.... So this idea that the 2nd amendment somehow protects us from 'tyranny' is just a hilarious notion. There will never be a second American Revolution.

1 - Term limits are good, but do not protect you from tyranny... if nobody but the President has guns and he says, 'no more Constitution, I am now President for life' ... what protects you then?

2 - That argument does not really hold water.
1st - Would said new King of US be willing to drone strike, bomber and torch his own cities? We have many many "collateral damage" aka innocent men, women and children killed for every terrorist we drone strike. How long will he have support of the people while he uses scorch the earth methods to flush out the "terrorists" not loyal to him.
2nd - Who makes up the bulk of the private gun collections? Current and former military and police. Many of these people will not be loyal to a command of disarming the US public and if an uprising comes up, you now will have many defectors.
3rd - After some people who just dont agree its ok to take peoples guns defect, what about the ones who are now ordered to open up fire on their own? You are in the military and are told to lay down gunfire on your hometown to flush out the "terrorists"? How many will turn on their own chain of command and give info to the "terrorists"
4th - Lets just use #s. They say that 80 million people own 300+ million guns. If even 1% of those are willing to take up arms and form a gorilla assault on the US that is more people with more guns in a larger area than those in Iraq... how well did that work out for us? Its still a mess...add in the first 3 factors and it makes that war that much harder to fight.

Its not a given that the US military has the stomach or ability to defeat an armed insurgency from its own people...not by a long shot

Return to New York Knicks