yardbarker

New York Knicks Roster


Carmelo Anthony

J.R. Smith

Andrea Bargnani

Amar'e Stoudemire

Tim Hardaway Jr.

Raymond Felton

See the entire New York Knicks roster

OT: Alex Jones freaks out on CNN

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Brooklyn_Yards, Knickstape1214, GONYK, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC, j4remi, kane2021

Post#346 Re: OT: Alex Jones freaks out on CNN
Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:44 pm by AndroidMan

johnnywishbone wrote:
AndroidMan wrote:
Damn, I was really trying to ace this internet pop quiz as well. i didn't even bother google the info. Damn it.

swap(int a, int b)
{
int temp = a;
a = b;
b = temp;
}


Sure you didn't? http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1039 ... es-in-java

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


certainly didn't google for inheritance and interfaces, but most def did for swap function. Even better if using instance variables for classes, assuming there are appropriate setter and getter methods contained in the skeleton of the class as required, which I'm not writing out.

public void swap( AndroidMan a, AndroidMan b ) {
int JInt;

JInt; = a.getJInt();
a.setJInt(b.getGetJInt());
b.setJInt(JInt);
}
AndroidMan
Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,587
And1: 92
Joined: May 6, 2010
Top

Post#347 Re: OT: Alex Jones freaks out on CNN
Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:50 pm by johnnywishbone

AndroidMan wrote:
certainly didn't google for inheritance and interfaces, but most def did for swap function. Even better if using instance variables for classes, assuming there are appropriate setter and getter methods contained in the skeleton of the class as required, which I'm not writing out.

public void swap( AndroidMan a, AndroidMan b ) {
int JInt;

JInt; = a.getJInt();
a.setJInt(b.getGetJInt());
b.setJInt(JInt);
}


That code makes no sense. And it certainly wouldn't compile.

if you want to swap the values of two AndroidMan objects it would have to be

void swap(AndroidMan a, AndroidMan b) {
AndroidMan x = a;
a=b;
b=x;
}
I can't take it no more.
johnnywishbone
General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 9,128
And1: 1,054
Joined: Sep 4, 2009
Location: In the land where palm trees sway...
Top

Post#348 Re: OT: Alex Jones freaks out on CNN
Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:56 pm by AndroidMan

johnnywishbone wrote:
AndroidMan wrote:
certainly didn't google for inheritance and interfaces, but most def did for swap function. Even better if using instance variables for classes, assuming there are appropriate setter and getter methods contained in the skeleton of the class as required, which I'm not writing out.

public void swap( AndroidMan a, AndroidMan b ) {
int JInt;

JInt; = a.getJInt();
a.setJInt(b.getGetJInt());
b.setJInt(JInt);
}


That code makes no sense. And it certainly wouldn't compile.

if you want to swap the values of two AndroidMan objects it would have to be

void swap(AndroidMan a, AndroidMan b) {
AndroidMan x = a;
a=b;
b=x;
}



wouldn't that just swap the class instances of AndroidMan themselves and all of its memeber values? If we just wanted to swap an instance variables from 2 separate androidMan instances my code is applied for that, as I assumed we were speaking of specific instance variables inside of a class to swap.
AndroidMan
Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,587
And1: 92
Joined: May 6, 2010
Top

Post#349 Re: OT: Alex Jones freaks out on CNN
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:10 pm by johnnywishbone

AndroidMan wrote:
wouldn't that just swap the class instances of AndroidMan themselves and all of its memeber values? If we just wanted to swap an instance variables from 2 separate androidMan instances my code is applied for that, as I assumed we were speaking of specific instance variables inside of a class to swap.


FIrst there are a bunch of compilation problems - I'll overlook those as typing into a text box.

Second, the test was to swap the value of two instance variables. Objects can be instance variables, just like a primitive. So I don't know why you are trying to show two objects swapping values of a specific attribute? Really the answer I was looking for (if you were going to use Java) was something like this:

void swap(Object a, Object b) {
Object x = a;
Object b = a;
Object a = b;
}

Then you could use the same method to swap values of different types (provided it's not a primitive)...

GTG - can't believe how much time I spent in here today.
I can't take it no more.
johnnywishbone
General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 9,128
And1: 1,054
Joined: Sep 4, 2009
Location: In the land where palm trees sway...
Top

Post#350 Re: OT: Alex Jones freaks out on CNN
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:20 pm by AndroidMan

johnnywishbone wrote:GTG - can't believe how much time I spent in here today.


Yep, way too much time spent here myself as well. Till next time.
AndroidMan
Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,587
And1: 92
Joined: May 6, 2010
Top

Post#351 Re: OT: Alex Jones freaks out on CNN
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:32 pm by Knicksfan20

Brooklyn_Yards wrote:

So I've been loosely following AJ for years because my bf is a CT and here's another one of his EPIC rants, this guy sounds like all the other freakjobs afraid of loosing their precious weapons,



Hes right though. Not that i think there ever will be a zombie apocolipse.. but if there was...Not having an assault rifle would suck balls.
Seattle Super Tsunami's
COACH:Jerry Sloan
5C: Marc Gasol|Pau|Seraphin|Udoh
PF: Pau Gasol|Marion|Plumlee
SF: Jeff Green|Dudley|Marion|C.Johnson
SG: Dwayne Wade|Stuckey|Dudley
PG: Chalmers|Stuckey |Terry|Calathes|Taylor

Knicksfan20.realgm@gmail.com
Knicksfan20
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 12,678
And1: 977
Joined: Aug 18, 2006
Top

Post#352 Re: OT: Alex Jones freaks out on CNN
Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:51 pm by QueenzAllDay

Stephen A. I CHOOSE YOU.

I used to listen to Alex Jones for pure entertainment before. His ego has been increasing every year. This right here. My god. He can't get worse than this.
I liked the NBA 2014 Dunk Contest.
QueenzAllDay
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,510
And1: 262
Joined: Mar 18, 2011
Location: Jamaica, QueenZ
Top

Post#353 Re: OT: Alex Jones freaks out on CNN
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:14 pm by E86

weird triple post
Image
E86
Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,814
And1: 139
Joined: Jul 29, 2004
Top

Post#354 Re: OT: Alex Jones freaks out on CNN
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:14 pm by E86

weird triple post
Image
E86
Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,814
And1: 139
Joined: Jul 29, 2004
Top

Post#355 Re: OT: Alex Jones freaks out on CNN
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:14 pm by E86

Image

this thread took the weirdest direction
Image
E86
Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,814
And1: 139
Joined: Jul 29, 2004
Top

Post#356 Re: OT: Alex Jones freaks out on CNN
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:15 pm by Knicker23

That guy looks like such a buffoon it's actually hilarious. He looked like a mentally unstable schizophrenic himself. Bouncing around from voice to voice, idea to idea, factoid to factoid. Incapable of sitting still, answering a question etc.

And fact is, these are the types of people that make up a large portion of the "pro gun" stronghold. Type that think they need bazookas to protect themselves from Obama taking over the world. That 9/11 was a inside job.

He memorizes little facts and statistics and then nonsensically spits them out as rebuttals to everything and anything as if they're the answer. And yet, he can't answer the simple question: why do you need a semi-auto.

He's so blinded by just pure hate & disdain, combined with this passion that he's unquestionably right.. that he looks like some sort of character... And frankly, make pro-gun people look like lunatics.
Image
Knicker23
General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 9,466
And1: 127
Joined: Apr 24, 2010
Top

Post#357 Re: OT: Alex Jones freaks out on CNN
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:18 pm by E86

Knicker23 wrote:That guy looks like such a buffoon it's actually hilarious. He looked like a mentally unstable schizophrenic himself. Bouncing around from voice to voice, idea to idea, factoid to factoid. Incapable of sitting still, answering a question etc.

And fact is, these are the types of people that make up a large portion of the "pro gun" stronghold. Type that think they need bazookas to protect themselves from Obama taking over the world. That 9/11 was a inside job.

He memorizes little facts and statistics and then nonsensically spits them out as rebuttals to everything and anything as if they're the answer. And yet, he can't answer the simple question: why do you need a semi-auto.

He's so blinded by just pure hate & disdain, combined with this passion that he's unquestionably right.. that he looks like some sort of character... And frankly, make pro-gun people look like lunatics.



They're not the large portion, they are just the loudest and what the media wants you to see to discredit the rational ones. Just like when the news only shows videos of the crazy flag burning Muslims.
Image
E86
Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,814
And1: 139
Joined: Jul 29, 2004
Top

Post#358 Re: OT: Alex Jones freaks out on CNN
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:19 pm by duetta

Alex Jones deserves to be heavily medicated - again, and again, and again...
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 20,385
And1: 440
Joined: Aug 27, 2002
Location: Patrolling the middle....
Top

Post#359 Re: OT: Alex Jones freaks out on CNN
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:33 pm by Mr_Perfect

Alex Jones is a huge moron and I have to question the sanity of anyone who follows him.
Image
Mr_Perfect
Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,210
And1: 1,157
Joined: Apr 30, 2012
Top

Post#360 Re: OT: Alex Jones freaks out on CNN
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:39 pm by frogfood

Looking at the # of posts in this thread, I'm gonna guess there are a few.
frogfood




Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,405
And1: 350
Joined: Nov 17, 2005
Location: 212
Top

Post#361 Re: OT: Alex Jones freaks out on CNN
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:42 pm by Knicker23

E86 wrote:
Knicker23 wrote:That guy looks like such a buffoon it's actually hilarious. He looked like a mentally unstable schizophrenic himself. Bouncing around from voice to voice, idea to idea, factoid to factoid. Incapable of sitting still, answering a question etc.

And fact is, these are the types of people that make up a large portion of the "pro gun" stronghold. Type that think they need bazookas to protect themselves from Obama taking over the world. That 9/11 was a inside job.

He memorizes little facts and statistics and then nonsensically spits them out as rebuttals to everything and anything as if they're the answer. And yet, he can't answer the simple question: why do you need a semi-auto.

He's so blinded by just pure hate & disdain, combined with this passion that he's unquestionably right.. that he looks like some sort of character... And frankly, make pro-gun people look like lunatics.



They're not the large portion, they are just the loudest and what the media wants you to see to discredit the rational ones. Just like when the news only shows videos of the crazy flag burning Muslims.



I don't know.. The very passionate pro gun people are usually coming at it from that mentality.. maybe not as insane a manner as this.. but many who want ARs believe so bc they afraid of government take over... Or because they think some foreign invasion is going to come hunt them down.. Or a mob and they'll need a semi auto.... I've 'debated' a lot of the tea party pro gun people on Twitter, most come from that view point.

I'm right leaning myself, but not when it comes to guns.. I don't think they should be banned, but there is no need for semi autos.

Banning them won't stop people from finding ways to kill eachother.. The root of the problem is obviously mental. But if you can make it harder for the person, when they do reach for something to kill, to get a high powered killing machine..... What is the harm in making it harder? Even if it's flawed, it's worth it.
Image
Knicker23
General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 9,466
And1: 127
Joined: Apr 24, 2010
Top

Post#362 Re: OT: Alex Jones freaks out on CNN
Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:47 pm by J9Starks3

Almost every gun is a semi-automatic weapon.

A semi-auto merely discharges the spent round and then re-loads the weapon. It would still require you to pull the trigger for each shot.

Me thinks you dont mean there is no need for a semi auto... because having to manually load each round would be one big pain in the butt that anyone who has a gun would not want to go through and makes even basic self defense nearly impossible.
J9Starks3
Sixth Man
User avatar
Posts: 1,948
And1: 17
Joined: May 22, 2007
Location: CT
Top

Post#363 Re: OT: Alex Jones freaks out on CNN
Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:00 am by Knicker23

Yeah I guess i mean AR.. Or high capacity magazines. One should have to reload after letting off a couple of shots.
Image
Knicker23
General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 9,466
And1: 127
Joined: Apr 24, 2010
Top

Post#364 Re: OT: Alex Jones freaks out on CNN
Wed Jan 9, 2013 12:27 am by NYK 455

I agree with Alex here, but I don't think he came across well.
NYK 455
General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 7,991
And1: 152
Joined: Sep 13, 2009
Location: New York
Top

Post#365 Re: OT: Alex Jones freaks out on CNN
Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:13 am by HarthorneWingo

The post-mortem from Mr. Jones.

http://youtu.be/v0sE9hAXXB4


"Duh Winning"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"And with the number 1 pick in the 2014 NBA Draft, the Denver Nuggets select .... "

-NBA Commissioner Adam Silver
HarthorneWingo




RealGM
Posts: 19,200
And1: 1,415
Joined: May 16, 2005
Location: Harlem, New York
Top

PreviousNext

Return to New York Knicks


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BadNewsBarnes, BeagleBoss, cammlm, CBA, damedash09, Dbloc123, ElMatatan, knicks82385, mpharris36, NYKnickerbocker, sol537, sortpar, throwbackewing33, Tye11