ImageImageImageImageImage

Think Dantoni wants Novak? Novak+Brew for Artest?

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, NoLayupRule, Brooklyn_Yards, mrpoetryNmotion, Knickstape1214, j4remi, GONYK, Thugger HBC, Thorn

User avatar
BKAY
Starter
Posts: 2,113
And1: 520
Joined: Apr 08, 2011
       

Re: Think Dantoni wants Novak? Novak+Brew for Artest? 

Post#41 » by BKAY » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:26 pm

brewer is a lebron stopper, we didnt bring him in for the regular season
ORANGEandBLUE
RealGM
Posts: 16,072
And1: 1,295
Joined: May 06, 2001

Re: Think Dantoni wants Novak? Novak+Brew for Artest? 

Post#42 » by ORANGEandBLUE » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:26 pm

MWP's offense is much better than Novak's defense. MWP is shooting 36% from 3 on the season. Plus we have a gaping hole at SF, unless people want to play Melo there so he can chuck 3's.
User avatar
moocow007
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 83,088
And1: 9,776
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: Think Dantoni wants Novak? Novak+Brew for Artest? 

Post#43 » by moocow007 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:30 pm

Fixed

JoseChinga wrote:Trade for Metta.
Sign Kenyon and West

We'll have a god damn army that would make KG piss himself in bed before the games.
Legends Draft
C:Nate Thurmond/DeAndre Jordan
PF:Shawn Kemp/Blake Griffin/Josh Smith
SF:Elgin Baylor/Paul Pressey/Cliff Hagan/Larry Kenon
SG:Dale Ellis/Hersey Hawkins/Jason Richardson
PG:Magic Johnson/Derrick Rose/Lenny Wilkens
User avatar
Orange Mamba
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,325
And1: 278
Joined: Feb 02, 2012
 

Re: Think Dantoni wants Novak? Novak+Brew for Artest? 

Post#44 » by Orange Mamba » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:49 pm

this would be a SICK trade for us. I'd throw in James White or Cope too :)
thebuzzardman
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,873
And1: 1,465
Joined: Jun 24, 2006

Re: Think Dantoni wants Novak? Novak+Brew for Artest? 

Post#45 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:52 pm

moocow007 wrote:Fixed

JoseChinga wrote:Trade for Metta.
Sign Kenyon and West

We'll have a god damn army that would make KG piss himself in bed before the games.



I love Novak, but the above is a wet dream for me.
Hire Hinke #TeamKnickskrieg!
User avatar
gregzzy22
Sophomore
Posts: 125
And1: 1
Joined: Mar 01, 2011

Re: Think Dantoni wants Novak? Novak+Brew for Artest? 

Post#46 » by gregzzy22 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:53 pm

Wow. People on this board have serious mental deficencies
LGK
User avatar
Im Coming Home
RealGM
Posts: 12,807
And1: 2,187
Joined: Dec 08, 2009
Location: Bay Shore, NY
       

Re: Think Dantoni wants Novak? Novak+Brew for Artest? 

Post#47 » by Im Coming Home » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:55 pm

I love Novak, but I would do this for Ron Ron, I'd be sad to see Novak go though.
Image
seren
RealGM
Posts: 20,251
And1: 849
Joined: Jul 21, 2002

Re: Think Dantoni wants Novak? Novak+Brew for Artest? 

Post#48 » by seren » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:31 pm

I am pretty sure Dantoni is not the GM of the Lakers.
User avatar
Knicksfan20
RealGM
Posts: 14,009
And1: 1,707
Joined: Aug 19, 2006
       

Re: Think Dantoni wants Novak? Novak+Brew for Artest? 

Post#49 » by Knicksfan20 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:26 pm

seren wrote:I am pretty sure Dantoni is not the GM of the Lakers.



Its Dantoni's system. The GM knows Dantoni needs personnel to run his system. No **** Dantoni isnt the GM.
2010 wrote:Melo can't even keep his wife from throwing her tits under the next man chin on tv. And we expect him to lead other men on a court or in an NBA locker room? No wonder schit hit the fan when all the grizzled vets left the team.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
moocow007
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 83,088
And1: 9,776
Joined: Jan 07, 2002
Location: In front of the computer, where else?
       

Re: Think Dantoni wants Novak? Novak+Brew for Artest? 

Post#50 » by moocow007 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:31 pm

seren wrote:I am pretty sure Dantoni is not the GM of the Lakers.


Novak actually would probably be one of the most ideal players for D'Antoni right now. You can play him next to Howard to compensate for his difficiencies defensively. He'd stretch the floor for Kobe and Howard. Nash in SSOL should be able to get Novak the ball in perfect shooting situations which likely will bump his 3PT% back up pass 40%.
Legends Draft
C:Nate Thurmond/DeAndre Jordan
PF:Shawn Kemp/Blake Griffin/Josh Smith
SF:Elgin Baylor/Paul Pressey/Cliff Hagan/Larry Kenon
SG:Dale Ellis/Hersey Hawkins/Jason Richardson
PG:Magic Johnson/Derrick Rose/Lenny Wilkens
User avatar
Pharmcat
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 44,027
And1: 1,412
Joined: Oct 05, 2002

Re: Think Dantoni wants Novak? Novak+Brew for Artest? 

Post#51 » by Pharmcat » Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:38 pm

novaks 4 yr deal messes with their 2014 plan
Image
Falstaffxx
Banned User
Posts: 9,155
And1: 164
Joined: Sep 27, 2010

Re: Think Dantoni wants Novak? Novak+Brew for Artest? 

Post#52 » by Falstaffxx » Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:39 pm

Artest would be really good on this team. Novak is a nice piece, but Artest would have a big all-around impact.
User avatar
Knicksfan20
RealGM
Posts: 14,009
And1: 1,707
Joined: Aug 19, 2006
       

Re: Think Dantoni wants Novak? Novak+Brew for Artest? 

Post#53 » by Knicksfan20 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:54 pm

gregzzy22 wrote:Wow. People on this board have serious mental deficencies

explain.
2010 wrote:Melo can't even keep his wife from throwing her tits under the next man chin on tv. And we expect him to lead other men on a court or in an NBA locker room? No wonder schit hit the fan when all the grizzled vets left the team.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Since89
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,311
And1: 387
Joined: Mar 13, 2012

Re: Think Dantoni wants Novak? Novak+Brew for Artest? 

Post#54 » by Since89 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:33 am

no.
User avatar
Since89
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,311
And1: 387
Joined: Mar 13, 2012

Re: Think Dantoni wants Novak? Novak+Brew for Artest? 

Post#55 » by Since89 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:34 am

moocow007 wrote:
seren wrote:I am pretty sure Dantoni is not the GM of the Lakers.


Novak actually would probably be one of the most ideal players for D'Antoni right now. You can play him next to Howard to compensate for his difficiencies defensively. He'd stretch the floor for Kobe and Howard. Nash in SSOL should be able to get Novak the ball in perfect shooting situations which likely will bump his 3PT% back up pass 40%.


Novak is shooting 45% from 3
taj2133
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,744
And1: 82
Joined: Jun 14, 2009

Re: Think Dantoni wants Novak? Novak+Brew for Artest? 

Post#56 » by taj2133 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:38 am

artest won't do well this team complete stupid idiot and has no business in the nba plus no team wants him the lakers would love to trade artest for anybody but no gm crazy mental (Please Use More Appropriate Word) on there team.
User avatar
Knicksfan20
RealGM
Posts: 14,009
And1: 1,707
Joined: Aug 19, 2006
       

Re: Think Dantoni wants Novak? Novak+Brew for Artest? 

Post#57 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:51 am

taj2133 wrote:artest won't do well this team complete stupid idiot and has no business in the nba plus no team wants him the lakers would love to trade artest for anybody but no gm crazy mental (Please Use More Appropriate Word) on there team.



We already have a team full of crazies anyways. We're about to sign Kenyon. Might as well add another to the mix.
2010 wrote:Melo can't even keep his wife from throwing her tits under the next man chin on tv. And we expect him to lead other men on a court or in an NBA locker room? No wonder schit hit the fan when all the grizzled vets left the team.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Greenie
RealGM
Posts: 28,951
And1: 10,271
Joined: Feb 25, 2010
Location: Don't make me give ya back to the hood.
   

Re: Think Dantoni wants Novak? Novak+Brew for Artest? 

Post#58 » by Greenie » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:06 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:Deadly shooting doesnt help when he is constantly gets beat on defense and on the boards. Doesnt help when he only takes 3 shots in 20 minutes. Its not going to help too much in the playoffs when he wont be able to find an inch of breathing room.

He is a one dimensional player. Artest is a great defender, good rebounder and a solid offensive player. WE wont have to make offense/defense subs...because Artest can play on both ends.

Is this still true?
All-Time Legends BAT
G-Jason Kidd/Steve Francis/Derek Fisher
G-Allan Houston/JJ Redick
F-Ron Artest/Trevor Ariza/Matt Barnes
F-Carmelo Anthony/Charles Oakley
C-Rick Mahorn/Amare Stoudemire
seren
RealGM
Posts: 20,251
And1: 849
Joined: Jul 21, 2002

Re: Think Dantoni wants Novak? Novak+Brew for Artest? 

Post#59 » by seren » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:11 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:
seren wrote:I am pretty sure Dantoni is not the GM of the Lakers.



Its Dantoni's system. The GM knows Dantoni needs personnel to run his system. No **** Dantoni isnt the GM.


It doesn't matter.

People continuously underestimate that ownership / front office. They have a plan set. They are eyeing 2014 FA market. They ain't taking any contracts past 2014 unless that player is Lebron James or at the least Kevin Love.
User avatar
aj49689
Pro Prospect
Posts: 955
And1: 44
Joined: Apr 28, 2012
   

Re: Think Dantoni wants Novak? Novak+Brew for Artest? 

Post#60 » by aj49689 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:18 am

seren wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:
seren wrote:I am pretty sure Dantoni is not the GM of the Lakers.



Its Dantoni's system. The GM knows Dantoni needs personnel to run his system. No **** Dantoni isnt the GM.


It doesn't matter.

People continuously underestimate that ownership / front office. They have a plan set. They are eyeing 2014 FA market. They ain't taking any contracts past 2014 unless that player is Lebron James or at the least Kevin Love.


They can always amnesty him if he was not in the plans or trade him in a year or 2.
If you want, to destroy my sweater. Pull this "Thread" as I walk away.



CARROT SOUP!

Return to New York Knicks