ImageImageImageImageImage

Think Dantoni wants Novak? Novak+Brew for Artest?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

ORANGEandBLUE
RealGM
And1: 1,334

Re: Think Dantoni wants Novak? Novak+Brew for Artest? 

Post#101 » by ORANGEandBLUE » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:58 am

Prince is another good fit... but I don't know if Detroit does that. It wouldn't be a salary dump cause Novak has a longer contract. And while Novak fits in better with Detroit's youth movement, I get the feeling Detroit wants to keep Prince for leadership.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#102 » by Knicksfan20 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:19 am

ORANGEandBLUE wrote:Prince is another good fit... but I don't know if Detroit does that. It wouldn't be a salary dump cause Novak has a longer contract. And while Novak fits in better with Detroit's youth movement, I get the feeling Detroit wants to keep Prince for leadership.

Yea i doubt they want Novak either... And although Novak has one extra year, He makes much less then Prince does. I think Novaks deal gets lower as time goes by too where as Prince's increases.

But they could easily get an expiring for Prince and save much more money if that was their intentions.
ORANGEandBLUE
RealGM
And1: 1,334

Post#103 » by ORANGEandBLUE » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:37 pm

The problem with Novak is that he doesn't fit on defense with either Stat or Melo. Novak-Amare is the worst defensive forward-combo in NBA history. Melo is a much better defender than Stat, but if he's with Novak it means he's playing the 4, where he's not exactly elite defensively. Novak needs to be on a team with good defensive forwards who can hide his weaknesses.

Return to New York Knicks