ImageImageImageImageImage

Shump is BACK!

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Knickstape1214, Brooklyn_Yards, GONYK, j4remi, Thorn, Thugger HBC, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion

AmazingJason
Head Coach
Posts: 6,297
And1: 1,511
Joined: Aug 07, 2006
Location: NYC
   

Re: Shump is BACK! 

Post#76 » by AmazingJason » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:28 am

Shump + Hopla = All-Star :D
Image
User avatar
denterprise
Analyst
Posts: 3,105
And1: 294
Joined: Mar 15, 2004
     

Re: Shump is BACK! 

Post#77 » by denterprise » Wed Jan 9, 2013 1:50 am

Crazyknicks wrote:IDC how rusty Shump looks, I am just happy that he's going to take Brewer's minutes.


He is going to look like Brewer for a few months. Lets keep the expectations low so the alarmist will not flood the board with their Shump is done threads.
User avatar
Deeeez Knicks
RealGM
Posts: 19,636
And1: 3,189
Joined: Nov 12, 2004
Location: Bar stool
   

Re: Shump is BACK! 

Post#78 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:49 am

god shammgod wrote:Jonah Ballow ‏@jonahballow

.@I_Am_Iman just took Cope off the dribble for a nice layup - good to see him back on the floor. #Knicks


Image
Atlanta Hawks
C: Robin Lopez | Kyle O'Quinn
PF: Kevin Love | Brandon Bass
SF: Trevor Ariza | Shabazz Mohammed
SG: K Caldwell-Pope | Beno Udrih
PG: Mike Conley | Corey Joseph

Reserves: G/F Joe Ingles, PF/C Clint Capela, F James Ennis, G David Stockton
User avatar
Grinditout
General Manager
Posts: 8,584
And1: 454
Joined: Aug 04, 2006

Re: Shump is BACK! 

Post#79 » by Grinditout » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:51 am

AmazingJason wrote:Shump + Hopla = All-Star :D

I'm expecting him to be able to hit some corner threes.
RealGM BAT Charlotte Hornets

HC: Red Holzman
George Hill/Michael Carter-Williams
Arron Afflalo/Michael Carter-Williams
Lebron James/Wilson Chandler
Kevin Love/Taj Gibson
Joakim Noah/Enes Kanter

Reserve:Myles Turner
User avatar
hatnlvr
General Manager
Posts: 7,986
And1: 511
Joined: Aug 05, 2004
     

Re: Shump is BACK! 

Post#80 » by hatnlvr » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:52 am

denterprise wrote:
Crazyknicks wrote:IDC how rusty Shump looks, I am just happy that he's going to take Brewer's minutes.


He is going to look like Brewer for a few months. Lets keep the expectations low so the alarmist will not flood the board with their Shump is done threads.


+1
You can see the lack of explosiveness in both Brewer & STAT coming off of knee surgies so we really need to temper expectations. It will take months for them to gain back the explosiveness
Image
User avatar
Tron Carter
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,465
And1: 1,972
Joined: Jul 20, 2012
Location: Basketball Purgatory
 

Re: Shump is BACK! 

Post#81 » by Tron Carter » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:55 am

denterprise wrote:
Crazyknicks wrote:IDC how rusty Shump looks, I am just happy that he's going to take Brewer's minutes.


He is going to look like Brewer for a few months. Lets keep the expectations low so the alarmist will not flood the board with their Shump is done threads.


Shumpert on one leg would look better then Brewer right now.
ibraheim718 wrote:Coming up with ideas to fix this team is like coming up with ideas for world peace.
User avatar
Knicksfan20
RealGM
Posts: 13,686
And1: 1,559
Joined: Aug 19, 2006
       

Re: Shump is BACK! 

Post#82 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:55 am

Grinditout wrote:
AmazingJason wrote:Shump + Hopla = All-Star :D

I'm expecting him to be able to hit some corner threes.


And we all know that Shump is a gym rat. Thats probably one of the main things he has been working on. We know he has been working on his shooting this whole process. He basically got his vacation time right when he got injured and got his surgery. That was his break from the grind of basketball. Since that time, he has done nothing but work out and work on his game to make him better. He basically has had an extra 4 month offseason then everybody else to work on his game.

Ive never seen a more passionate nba player then shumpert. Not since the 90s at least.
No sig
User avatar
RHODEY
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,291
And1: 398
Joined: May 18, 2007

Re: Shump is BACK! 

Post#83 » by RHODEY » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:11 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Grinditout wrote:
AmazingJason wrote:Shump + Hopla = All-Star :D

I'm expecting him to be able to hit some corner threes.


And we all know that Shump is a gym rat. Thats probably one of the main things he has been working on. We know he has been working on his shooting this whole process. He basically got his vacation time right when he got injured and got his surgery. That was his break from the grind of basketball. Since that time, he has done nothing but work out and work on his game to make him better. He basically has had an extra 4 month offseason then everybody else to work on his game.

Ive never seen a more passionate nba player then shumpert. Not since the 90s at least.



Yep and he is only 22....expectations for me remain high
User avatar
aj49689
Pro Prospect
Posts: 877
And1: 29
Joined: Apr 28, 2012
     

Re: Shump is BACK! 

Post#84 » by aj49689 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:39 am

I hope he is in full form by April, that is all you can ask for. A confident Shump with contagious defense. Maybe keep the flat top, reminds me of the Ewing days.
If you want, to destroy my sweater. Pull this "Thread" as I walk away.



CARROT SOUP!

Return to New York Knicks