ImageImageImageImageImage

Its foul if KG really said this to anthony

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

KG_Wolves
Starter
And1: 530

Re: Its foul if KG really said this to anthony 

Post#21 » by KG_Wolves » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:47 pm

StephNYKurry wrote:
KG_Wolves wrote:I don't know about this, no need to lose your head Zidane style over something so childish :-?

Sounds like someone who wouldn't bat an eye if I said this to his girl

No I'd definitely lose my cool and go after you for it. :lol:

But this is a bball game, and KG has a rep for nasty trash talk to get under players skin..
Knick Swisher
Head Coach
And1: 334

Post#22 » by Knick Swisher » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:47 pm

Of all the foods he could think of, Honey Nut Cherrios is the first thing that comes to mind?

that clown must be worried about his cholesterol
WadeVsTraffic
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#23 » by WadeVsTraffic » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:47 pm

Look, I'm not against players jawing back and forth and playing aggressively, but there's really no place in professional sports for this kind of talk. This isn't street ball, and as a husband I can completely understand why Melo would want to have a word with KG after the game, he crossed the line.

At the end of the day, they're human beings, and it's just a game. Player's wives/family should be exempt from the trash talk.
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#24 » by AmazingJason » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:48 pm

StephNYKurry wrote:
KG_Wolves wrote:I don't know about this, no need to lose your head Zidane style over something so childish :-?

KG didn't say this to LaLa. He said this to Melo during a professional basketball game with thousands of fans watching, with the express purpose of baiting him into losing his cool. And KG accomplished his purpose.
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
KG_Wolves
Starter
And1: 530

Post#25 » by KG_Wolves » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:49 pm

Knick Swisher wrote:Of all the foods he could think of, Honey Nut Cherrios is the first thing that comes to mind?

that clown must be worried about his cholesterol

:lol: :lol:
WadeVsTraffic
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#26 » by WadeVsTraffic » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:49 pm

KG_Wolves wrote:
But this is a bball game, and KG has a rep for nasty trash talk to get under players skin..

Exactly, it's just a game, which is exactly why KG should probably think twice about bringing it to that level. No Class.
Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#27 » by Falstaffxx » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:50 pm

It's actually kinda funny.
Quick Kick
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#28 » by Quick Kick » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:50 pm

AmazingJason wrote:
StephNYKurry wrote:

KG didn't say this to LaLa. He said this to Melo during a professional basketball game with thousands of fans watching, with the express purpose of baiting him into losing his cool. And KG accomplished his purpose.

......while kneeing Melo in the bawlz....then elbowing him in the head.....and elbowing Amare in the chest. It was an accumulation of things. Not just the verbal disrespect.
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,947

Post#29 » by NYKinMIA » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:54 pm

Definitely foul. I'd probably lose my mind too.

On a personal note: If my girl tasted like honey nut cheerios, she'd be in serious trouble, because that shyt is delicious!

NJ_YANKEE_45
Assistant Coach
And1: 111

Post#30 » by NJ_YANKEE_45 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:54 pm

**** him. That's just low. Never say anything about a person's mother or his woman.

Sky_Knicks wrote:
markdeez33 wrote:Bargnani is strokin it!!! I'm going nuts in here! Prove them haters wrong, kid

:o
biggyfuzz
Sixth Man
And1: 16

Post#31 » by biggyfuzz » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:00 pm

he's good player, not great IMO but he's always been classless
I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#32 » by Knicksfan20 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:02 pm

StephNYKurry wrote:This is why I love the hood. For all of it's pitfalls, the hood can provide you with a core set of values that carry you through the rest of your life. Because of all of the attention that kids like Kevin Garnett received at an early age, they don't live a normal life of an urban youth. They don't follow the strict code, that while unjust and sometimes extremely cruel and harsh, gives you a sense of parameters for life. This leads to kids thinking it's okay to hit another man in his balls. Leads to kids thinking it's okay to openly talk about another man's wife. Leads to kids feeling like having values is overrated because there is no consequence for anything that you do or say.

I remember when ole dude spit in LaLa's face and 'Melo rightfully put an ass whoopin on homeboy. There were people out there calling him a thug and this and that. These are people who would do absolutely nothing should someone say something out of line or god forbid DO something to their significant other.

Kudo's to 'Melo and fk KG for stepping out of the realm of the basketball game, whilst being under the warm blanket that a professional environment provides.

+1
yaboynyp
Assistant Coach
And1: 206

Post#33 » by yaboynyp » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:05 pm

waya wrote:
Big Chan wrote:I believe it, hes the same punk that said Charlie Villanueva looked like a cancer patient. Classless

Also:

The story goes that on May 9, 1999 (Mother’s Day), Tim Duncan’s Spurs played Kevin Garnett’s Timberwolves in the first round of the NBA playoffs. During that game, Garnett, who is known for his incessant need to trash talk and intense dislike for any sort of decency did what he does best. He went too far. Just as Tim Duncan was going to take two free throws, Garnett barked at him: “Happy Mother’s Day, motherf**ker!” Tim Duncan’s mother famously died of breast cancer the day before his 14th birthday.

I mean that just fuked… What chitty thing to say to someone. Is it really all that KG??
Brooklyn_Yards
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,322

Post#34 » by Brooklyn_Yards » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:06 pm

People are saying it got to Melo because he and LaLa have been secretly seperated, which would make even the most saNe person blow their lid.
BAT 14.0 Utah Jazz
PG: Toney Parker
SG: Jimmy Butler
SF:
PF:
C: Nikola Vucevic
Brooklyn_Yards
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,322

Post#35 » by Brooklyn_Yards » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:09 pm

At this point its all speculation and the worst part about it is all we have to wait until thursday to watch how melo the team responds to this.
BAT 14.0 Utah Jazz
PG: Toney Parker
SG: Jimmy Butler
SF:
PF:
C: Nikola Vucevic
Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#36 » by Falstaffxx » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:12 pm

I can't be the only one who chuckled when reading "Kevin Garnett Allegedly Told Carmelo Anthony His Wife Tastes Like Honey Nut Cheerios."

I mean, it's just so darn specific.

the worst part about it is all we have to wait until thursday to watch how melo the team responds to this.

He's going to be okay man. He can weather such an emotional blow.
Genocide38
Junior
And1: 2

Post#37 » by Genocide38 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:13 pm

What a long ass insult.

At least say she tastes like Cocoa Puffs

It's quick and too the point
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,128

Post#38 » by waya » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:16 pm

Brooklyn_Yards wrote:People are saying it got to Melo because he and LaLa have been secretly seperated, which would make even the most saNe person blow their lid.

I dunno, I definitely saw her in the crowd during the game.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,068

Post#39 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:17 pm

Like I said, saying "Really? Do you like how my d*ck tastes" stops this quick.
No.Bull.Son
Rookie
And1: 25

Post#40 » by No.Bull.Son » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:18 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
StephNYKurry wrote:This is why I love the hood. For all of it's pitfalls, the hood can provide you with a core set of values that carry you through the rest of your life. Because of all of the attention that kids like Kevin Garnett received at an early age, they don't live a normal life of an urban youth. They don't follow the strict code, that while unjust and sometimes extremely cruel and harsh, gives you a sense of parameters for life. This leads to kids thinking it's okay to hit another man in his balls. Leads to kids thinking it's okay to openly talk about another man's wife. Leads to kids feeling like having values is overrated because there is no consequence for anything that you do or say.

I remember when ole dude spit in LaLa's face and 'Melo rightfully put an ass whoopin on homeboy. There were people out there calling him a thug and this and that. These are people who would do absolutely nothing should someone say something out of line or god forbid DO something to their significant other.

Kudo's to 'Melo and fk KG for stepping out of the realm of the basketball game, whilst being under the warm blanket that a professional environment provides.

+1

+ another 1

Couldn't have said it any better.
NO.BULL.SON

Return to New York Knicks