ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj: Knicks considering adding Kenyon Martin

Moderators: moocow007, Knickstape1214, magnumt, NoLayupRule, Thorn, Capn'O, GONYK, j4remi, mrpoetryNmotion, AllanH20, Thugger HBC, Brooklyn_Yards

User avatar
KnicksManiac
RealGM
Posts: 10,041
And1: 856
Joined: Dec 05, 2003
Location: NY
     

Re: Woj: Knicks considering adding Kenyon Martin 

Post#121 » by KnicksManiac » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:17 am

Do we really need to sign this fugazi? I'm in for a KMart signing, but only if we also acquire Tim Thomas.
Image
User avatar
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
Posts: 15,507
And1: 224
Joined: Nov 30, 2005
Location: Hawai'i
 

Re: Woj: Knicks considering adding Kenyon Martin 

Post#122 » by KnicksScholar24 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:24 am

It's probably Kurt Thomas or James White that would be waived if Kenyon Martin is signed. Hell, it might be Rasheed Wallace if he's going to be out for 4-5 months.

Adding a PG should be a potential move, but I guess with Shumpert and Felton coming back, that's unnecessary. NY could use help in the frontcourt (with Martin) the most, with Stoudemire's return to 100% is unknown.
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
User avatar
nykballa2k4
RealGM
Posts: 20,126
And1: 2,067
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Kurt Rhombus is managing the defense...
       

Re: Woj: Knicks considering adding Kenyon Martin 

Post#123 » by nykballa2k4 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:25 am

Oh come on now... Let's just do it already.

What are we missing? Billups? Anderson? K-Mart? Then we can officially claim we took the entire Nuggs team
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
Posts: 33,806
And1: 8,058
Joined: May 16, 2005
       

Re: Woj: Knicks considering adding Kenyon Martin 

Post#124 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:29 am

I'd rather have Sheed back.

Martin has two bum knees. Is he really better that CrazyEyez? Kurt is stead. He can hit an outside shot; plays good low post defense. Doesn't cause problems.
User avatar
2010
RealGM
Posts: 13,581
And1: 3,104
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
Location: "To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"
       

Re: Woj: Knicks considering adding Kenyon Martin 

Post#125 » by 2010 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:32 am

I don't think this signing happens unless Sheed is out for good.
Image
(In association with TEAM TANK)
User avatar
Butch718
General Manager
Posts: 9,007
And1: 2,046
Joined: Mar 13, 2012
       

Re: Woj: Knicks considering adding Kenyon Martin 

Post#126 » by Butch718 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:35 am

Kurt can't even hit that outside shot anymore. Nor if he reliable defensively. From what I saw when he was on the Clips last year, K-Mart can still defend the post and finish around the rim, even at the age of 35. The only thing Kurt is good for is 6 fouls.

I don't know why anyone would be against signing Martin at this point. Camby, Sheed, Amar'e are all injury prone and can go down at any time. There's no such thing as too much depth or not enough minutes. Not when you have the greatest hits collection from the late 90's to early 2000's sitting on your bench.
User avatar
Tron Carter
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,997
And1: 2,571
Joined: Jul 20, 2012
Location: Basketball Purgatory
 

Re: Woj: Knicks considering adding Kenyon Martin 

Post#127 » by Tron Carter » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:39 am

Butch718 wrote:Kurt can't even hit that outside shot anymore. Nor if he reliable defensively. From what I saw when he was on the Clips last year, K-Mart can still defend the post and finish around the rim, even at the age of 35. The only thing Kurt is good for is 6 fouls.

I don't know why anyone would be against signing Martin at this point. Camby, Sheed, Amar'e are all injury prone and can go down at any time. There's no such thing as too much depth or not enough minutes. Not when you have the greatest hits collection from the late 90's to early 2000's sitting on your bench.


This.

I'm sorry but Kurt brings nothing to this team. He's just good for the locker room.
ibraheim718 wrote:Coming up with ideas to fix this team is like coming up with ideas for world peace.
QueenzAllDay
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,872
And1: 424
Joined: Mar 18, 2011
Location: Jamaica, QueenZ
         

Re: Woj: Knicks considering adding Kenyon Martin 

Post#128 » by QueenzAllDay » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:39 am

Sheed, Kurt, White. One of those guys are def getting cut.

But I really want sheeeeeeed!! he was my favorite knick :(
TANK LIFE
User avatar
Butch718
General Manager
Posts: 9,007
And1: 2,046
Joined: Mar 13, 2012
       

Re: Woj: Knicks considering adding Kenyon Martin 

Post#129 » by Butch718 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:44 am

I also think the whole K-Mart being a potential cancer to the locker room is a bit overblown.
User avatar
PornDoc
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,459
And1: 317
Joined: Jan 15, 2004
Location: Fck the Nets
     

Re: Woj: Knicks considering adding Kenyon Martin 

Post#130 » by PornDoc » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:07 am

Butch718 wrote:I also think the whole K-Mart being a potential cancer to the locker room is a bit overblown.


I'm with the Imp on this one. Sign him up and cut KT or White.
User avatar
PornDoc
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,459
And1: 317
Joined: Jan 15, 2004
Location: Fck the Nets
     

Re: Woj: Knicks considering adding Kenyon Martin 

Post#131 » by PornDoc » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:08 am

Sorry, I had to ;)
seren
RealGM
Posts: 20,387
And1: 936
Joined: Jul 21, 2002

Re: Woj: Knicks considering adding Kenyon Martin 

Post#132 » by seren » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:09 am

Honestly, I don't get it. We started great with small ball. Fact is you need the small ball to match up the Heat. We are already pretty crowded on the frontcourt. Why bring another guy?
User avatar
Brooklyn_Yards
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 10,858
And1: 4,321
Joined: May 15, 2012
Location: Waiting to see the receipts.
     

Re: Woj: Knicks considering adding Kenyon Martin 

Post#133 » by Brooklyn_Yards » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:19 am

seren wrote:Honestly, I don't get it. We started great with small ball. Fact is you need the small ball to match up the Heat. We are already pretty crowded on the frontcourt. Why bring another guy?

White is trash, Kt gives us very little, Sheed is out longer than expected and we've been on a skid since Sheed has been hurt.
BAT 14.0 Utah Jazz
PG: Toney Parker
SG: Jimmy Butler
SF:
PF:
C: Nikola Vucevic
7,54,67,114,127,174,187,234,247,294,307,354.
User avatar
kane
Head Coach
Posts: 6,736
And1: 2,195
Joined: Dec 30, 2011
     

Re: Woj: Knicks considering adding Kenyon Martin 

Post#134 » by kane » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:21 am

Cuz your depending on 3 of the oldest players in the nba and amare to stay healthy for the rest of the season and all be ready to go I the playoffs
User avatar
E86
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,780
And1: 782
Joined: Jul 30, 2004

Re: Woj: Knicks considering adding Kenyon Martin 

Post#135 » by E86 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:21 am

Brooklyn_Yards wrote:
seren wrote:Honestly, I don't get it. We started great with small ball. Fact is you need the small ball to match up the Heat. We are already pretty crowded on the frontcourt. Why bring another guy?

White is trash, Kt gives us very little, Sheed is out longer than expected and we've been on a skid since Sheed has been hurt.


I'm not the biggest KMart fan but you're right. We need to replace the void in toughness that is left with Sheed out.

WAKE UP GRUNNIE.
User avatar
MeloTime
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,781
And1: 409
Joined: Jun 01, 2011

Re: Woj: Knicks considering adding Kenyon Martin 

Post#136 » by MeloTime » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:36 am

Kmart is 35 years old and still has good ball left in him.

He plays defense
He rebounds
He blocks shots
He finishes strong at the basket
He got your back
Last night Kmart wouldve handle the Melo situation during the game and would have insisted on guarding KG.

Martin is needed.
Will he get playing time ? Hopefully 15 mpg.

I would Cut White. Because KT deserves to be here if we win a chip.
User avatar
aj49689
Rookie
Posts: 1,191
And1: 100
Joined: Apr 28, 2012
   

Re: Woj: Knicks considering adding Kenyon Martin 

Post#137 » by aj49689 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:45 am

MeloTime wrote:Kmart is 35 years old and still has good ball left in him.

He plays defense
He rebounds
He blocks shots
He finishes strong at the basket
He got your back
Last night Kmart wouldve handle the Melo situation during the game and would have insisted on guarding KG.

Martin is needed.
Will he get playing time ? Hopefully 15 mpg.

I would Cut White. Because KT deserves to be here if we win a chip.


Great point, I'm on board. Kurt should stay...
If you want, to destroy my sweater. Pull this "Thread" as I walk away.



CARROT SOUP!
User avatar
Fury
RealGM
Posts: 14,439
And1: 4,087
Joined: Mar 07, 2007
       

Re: Woj: Knicks considering adding Kenyon Martin 

Post#138 » by Fury » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:56 am

MeloTime wrote:Kmart is 35 years old and still has good ball left in him.

He plays defense
He rebounds
He blocks shots
He finishes strong at the basket
He got your back
Last night Kmart wouldve handle the Melo situation during the game and would have insisted on guarding KG.

Martin is needed.
Will he get playing time ? Hopefully 15 mpg.

I would Cut White. Because KT deserves to be here if we win a chip.


Agreed
G: Dennis Schroeder/Sergio Rodriguez/Isaiah Caanan
G: Josh Richardson/Brandon Knight
F: Tobias Harris
F: Blake Griffin/Kenneth Faried
C: Nikola Jokic/Nene
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
Posts: 33,806
And1: 8,058
Joined: May 16, 2005
       

Re: Woj: Knicks considering adding Kenyon Martin 

Post#139 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:09 am

Ok. White goes.
User avatar
Signature NYK
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,707
And1: 303
Joined: Jul 22, 2010
     

Re: Woj: Knicks considering adding Kenyon Martin 

Post#140 » by Signature NYK » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:24 am

Is it really possible to cut Kurt and still keep him as a assistant coach? Crazy Eyes must stay apart of the knicks org
Image

Return to New York Knicks