ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Novak.

Moderators: moocow007, Knickstape1214, magnumt, GONYK, Thorn, j4remi, Thugger HBC, King of Canada, mrpoetryNmotion, Capn'O, NoLayupRule, Deeeez Knicks

User avatar
Knicksfan20
RealGM
Posts: 14,937
And1: 2,514
Joined: Aug 19, 2006
       

Re: Trade Novak. 

Post#16 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:19 am

.
L.A. Clippers
C:Clint Capela/Channing Frye/J.Hill/Seraphin
PF:Luol Deng/Frye/Beasley/J.Hill/jarrell martin
SF:Andrew Wiggins/SuperCool Beas/JJ
SG:Justin Holiday/Crawford/J.Jones
PG:Kyrie Irving/Sessions/Crawford/Toney Douglas
IR:Rudy Gay
biggyfuzz
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,768
And1: 16
Joined: Dec 29, 2004
 

Re: Trade Novak. 

Post#17 » by biggyfuzz » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:37 am

umm no
I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
User avatar
Ralphie96
Starter
Posts: 2,025
And1: 31
Joined: Oct 25, 2006

Re: Trade Novak. 

Post#18 » by Ralphie96 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:40 am

i highly doubt novak's $4 mil changes whether or not the knicks resign JR...
User avatar
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
Posts: 23,868
And1: 2,968
Joined: Dec 01, 2008
     

Re: Trade Novak. 

Post#19 » by br7knicks » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:47 am

Thugger HBC wrote:
Crazyknicks wrote:Novak is overpaid for what he does or doesn't do.

But there's no point in trading him because we're on a 3 year plan regardless. Unless a great deal comes along...

How much do top 5 3pt shooters makes on average?


kyle korver makes about the same. a little more
User avatar
nyc1695
Pro Prospect
Posts: 959
And1: 107
Joined: Dec 30, 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Contact:
   

Re: Trade Novak. 

Post#20 » by nyc1695 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 2:47 am

You are buggin
"Who the f*** y'all thought it's supposed to be? If Phil Jackson came back, still no coachin' me." -JR Smith

__________________________________________________________

Check out some new music at https://www.facebook.com/capshook
User avatar
hatnlvr
General Manager
Posts: 8,043
And1: 528
Joined: Aug 05, 2004
     

Re: Trade Novak. 

Post#21 » by hatnlvr » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:15 am

Novak is also suffering from Felton being hurt because he is really the only PG on the roster who can penetrate (Kidd and Prigioni have lost steps and just can't penetrate consistently anymore). Novak hit his shots last night but he really needs to work on his defense and on a consistent move to free himself up for his jumpshot.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 38,146
And1: 10,768
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Trade Novak. 

Post#22 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:16 am

Demote back to ballboy.
User avatar
munchies
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,837
And1: 144
Joined: Jan 14, 2007

Re: Trade Novak. 

Post#23 » by munchies » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:18 am

its interesting to note that he is averaging 6 minutes more than last year but shooting less. he needs more touches. woody should run more plays for him
User avatar
YaMomsEx
Starter
Posts: 2,182
And1: 406
Joined: Apr 15, 2012

Re: Trade Novak. 

Post#24 » by YaMomsEx » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:24 am

Since i like your videos im not gonna kick your a$$ for this dumb thread 8-)
User avatar
CrazyKnicks
General Manager
Posts: 8,177
And1: 1,120
Joined: Aug 04, 2009

Re: Trade Novak. 

Post#25 » by CrazyKnicks » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:25 am

br7knicks wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
Crazyknicks wrote:Novak is overpaid for what he does or doesn't do.

But there's no point in trading him because we're on a 3 year plan regardless. Unless a great deal comes along...

How much do top 5 3pt shooters makes on average?


kyle korver makes about the same. a little more

Then they're both overpaid. Novak is a near league minimum type of player. If he wasn't on the team, Copeland would fill his role just fine
Kristaps Porzingis is the next Andrea Bargnani, calling it now.
Sky_Knicks
Banned User
Posts: 13,083
And1: 418
Joined: Jul 12, 2010

Re: Trade Novak. 

Post#26 » by Sky_Knicks » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:28 am

Lol no. Set him some screens and actually pass him the ball instead. He should be shooting 10 shots per game. That's a better idea.
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 41,856
And1: 9,284
Joined: Jan 14, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: Trade Novak. 

Post#27 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:30 am

Crazyknicks wrote:Then they're both overpaid. Novak is a near league minimum type of player. If he wasn't on the team, Copeland would fill his role just fine

I dont think there are too many league minimum players who are in the top 5 in 3pt shooting.

It's a skill that teams has historically paid decent money for.

And no, Copeland cannot fill Novaks role.
If winning matters, the role shouldn't.....the results should.

The ...02% of the fanbse be like...http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1542565&start=140#start_here
knicksnation1
Senior
Posts: 700
And1: 10
Joined: Mar 13, 2012

Re: Trade Novak. 

Post#28 » by knicksnation1 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:47 am

hatnlvr wrote:Novak is also suffering from Felton being hurt because he is really the only PG on the roster who can penetrate (Kidd and Prigioni have lost steps and just can't penetrate consistently anymore). Novak hit his shots last night but he really needs to work on his defense and on a consistent move to free himself up for his jumpshot.

to Be honest I felt there were a hundred times I wanted Felton to pass the ball to Novak standing in the corner in penetration but he never did. There were those games with melo out Novak rarely get a few shots. I felt melo-novak had more connection than Felton-Novak. But that's just my overall impression.
User avatar
CrazyKnicks
General Manager
Posts: 8,177
And1: 1,120
Joined: Aug 04, 2009

Re: Trade Novak. 

Post#29 » by CrazyKnicks » Wed Jan 9, 2013 3:56 am

Thugger HBC wrote:
Crazyknicks wrote:Then they're both overpaid. Novak is a near league minimum type of player. If he wasn't on the team, Copeland would fill his role just fine

I dont think there are too many league minimum players who are in the top 5 in 3pt shooting.

It's a skill that teams has historically paid decent money for.

And no, Copeland cannot fill Novaks role.

Remember Shawne Williams? The same was said about him. Daequan Cook was recently waived, he's another guy. Spot up shooters are plenty and easy to find.
Kristaps Porzingis is the next Andrea Bargnani, calling it now.
Michael_Scott
Rookie
Posts: 1,038
And1: 62
Joined: Feb 24, 2011

Re: Trade Novak. 

Post#30 » by Michael_Scott » Wed Jan 9, 2013 4:21 am

What a stupid thread. STOP OVERREACTING TO LOSSES TO GOOD TEAMS
User avatar
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
Posts: 19,720
And1: 4,234
Joined: May 14, 2010

Re: Trade Novak. 

Post#31 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:34 am

What does his contract have to do with JR?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
User avatar
Nostrand Ave
Pro Prospect
Posts: 776
And1: 139
Joined: Nov 23, 2012

Re: Trade Novak. 

Post#32 » by Nostrand Ave » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:26 am

Perfect thread 10/10

Also, can I add that he's only a 3 point shooter but:

1) Can't create his own shot
2) If the Knicks are down 3 points with 1 minute left in the game, we can't go to him to comeback in the game. He doesnt do buzzer beaters. I'm not even sure you can say he's clutch.
3) He's not fit for playoffs.
Bran Fast Hands
Banned User
Posts: 4,536
And1: 798
Joined: Dec 23, 2011
Location: Downtown

Re: Trade Novak. 

Post#33 » by Bran Fast Hands » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:41 am

Nostrand Ave wrote:Perfect thread 10/10


2) If the Knicks are down 3 points with 1 minute left in the game, we can't go to him to comeback in the game. He doesnt do buzzer beaters. I'm not even sure you can say he's clutch.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://youtu.be/GHKWJ8yCqBE

http://youtu.be/N7tsLkcJqO0

http://youtu.be/01-IhogLHNo
User avatar
gavran
RealGM
Posts: 12,642
And1: 2,333
Joined: Nov 02, 2005
Location: crossing the line

Re: Trade Novak. 

Post#34 » by gavran » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:41 am

Crazyknicks wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
Crazyknicks wrote:Then they're both overpaid. Novak is a near league minimum type of player. If he wasn't on the team, Copeland would fill his role just fine

I dont think there are too many league minimum players who are in the top 5 in 3pt shooting.

It's a skill that teams has historically paid decent money for.

And no, Copeland cannot fill Novaks role.

Remember Shawne Williams? The same was said about him. Daequan Cook was recently waived, he's another guy. Spot up shooters are plenty and easy to find.

LOL, yeah, because they are in the same universe as Novak in regards of three point shooting. Copeland too, of course. Or Eddy Curry, Let's sign Eddy Curry, he is still a 100% three point shooter.
User avatar
Nostrand Ave
Pro Prospect
Posts: 776
And1: 139
Joined: Nov 23, 2012

Re: Trade Novak. 

Post#35 » by Nostrand Ave » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:54 am

Bran Fast Hands wrote:
Nostrand Ave wrote:Perfect thread 10/10


2) If the Knicks are down 3 points with 1 minute left in the game, we can't go to him to comeback in the game. He doesnt do buzzer beaters. I'm not even sure you can say he's clutch.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://youtu.be/GHKWJ8yCqBE

http://youtu.be/N7tsLkcJqO0

http://youtu.be/01-IhogLHNo



This reply is flawed because you posted videos BEFORE he became popular. 2 out of 3 your videos links was when he wasnt even a Knick. The scouting report is out on him and teams know how to stop him.

Return to New York Knicks