ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: The flu

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

OT: The flu 

Post#1 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:26 am

Anybody else here suffering from the flu? I got a temp of 100.8, aches all over, don't wanna eat. I'm taking Zicam and Alleve for symptoms and sleeping a lot. Any suggestions?
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,911

Re: OT: The flu 

Post#2 » by NYKinMIA » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:32 am

21shumpshumpst
Banned User
And1: 36

Post#3 » by 21shumpshumpst » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:32 am

You want a suggestion? How about you stop being cheap and go to the doctor and get some real medicine you hippie. Its the damn flu that over the counter crap is not going to cut it.
Bran Fast Hands
Banned User
And1: 798

Post#4 » by Bran Fast Hands » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:33 am

A few years ago I started trying what I had thought was just a myth. At the first on set of a cold/flu I mega dose zinc and Vitamin c. I've found it not only alleviates the seriousness of the symptoms but cuts the duration of the cold in about half.
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#5 » by boomann21 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:33 am

A bulb or two of Garlic, Honey(but not cherrios), Apple Cider Vinegar, and a couple of lemons should do the job. Make you a drink out of these ingredients and I'm almost certain your body will start to fight off that bug. I just got over it and I also bought some of those packs of vitamin c that you put in your drink.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,352

Post#6 » by ibraheim718 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:36 am

HawthorneWingo wrote:Anybody else here suffering from the flu? I got a temp of 100.8, aches all over, don't wanna eat. I'm taking Zicam and Alleve for symptoms and sleeping a lot. Any suggestions?

I can help you Wingo...
JSmooth93
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,844

Post#7 » by JSmooth93 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:37 am

Whatever you do don't get a flu shot.
Yeah, I'm a conspiracist.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#8 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:37 am

21shumpshumpst wrote:You want a suggestion? How about you stop being cheap and go to the doctor and get some real medicine you hippie. Its the damn flu that over the counter crap is not going to cut it.

You pussy. :wink: I've never gone to the doctor for the flu.
POSTING POLICIES:
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#9 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:37 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
HawthorneWingo wrote:Anybody else here suffering from the flu? I got a temp of 100.8, aches all over, don't wanna eat. I'm taking Zicam and Alleve for symptoms and sleeping a lot. Any suggestions?

I can help you Wingo...

Lay it on me bro.
POSTING POLICIES:
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#10 » by ibraheim718 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:39 am

Bran Fast Hands wrote:A few years ago I started trying what I had thought was just a myth. At the first on set of a cold/flu I mega dose zinc and Vitamin c. I've found it not only alleviates the seriousness of the symptoms but cuts the duration of the cold in about half.

You need to be careful with mega-dosing with Vitamin C and you want to consume only natural sources of Vitamin C... ascorbic acid isn't bio-available so your body ends up rejecting most of it.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#11 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:40 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
Bran Fast Hands wrote:A few years ago I started trying what I had thought was just a myth. At the first on set of a cold/flu I mega dose zinc and Vitamin c. I've found it not only alleviates the seriousness of the symptoms but cuts the duration of the cold in about half.

You need to be careful with mega-dosing with Vitamin C and you want to consume only natural sources of Vitamin C... ascorbic acid isn't bio-available so your body ends up rejecting most of it.

I'm taking 1000 mg a day plus drinking a lot of OJ.
POSTING POLICIES:
21shumpshumpst
Banned User
And1: 36

Post#12 » by 21shumpshumpst » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:43 am

HawthorneWingo wrote:
21shumpshumpst wrote:You want a suggestion? How about you stop being cheap and go to the doctor and get some real medicine you hippie. Its the damn flu that over the counter crap is not going to cut it.

That's cuz you are cheap and prob have crap insurance. Get a real flu on and not this pussy cold you have. 100 degree temperature and you are crying like a bitch.
Bran Fast Hands
Banned User
And1: 798

Post#13 » by Bran Fast Hands » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:44 am

ibraheim718 wrote:

I can't imagine there is too many problems when I only do it for a day or two.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#14 » by ibraheim718 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:47 am

HawthorneWingo wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

I can help you Wingo...

Lay it on me bro.

And I've done this for a few years and knock on wood I haven't had the flu in about 5 years.

FIrst you have to get yourself a natural source of vitamin C... for foods.. eat a lot of Kiwi and watercress.. and buy a bottle of Acerola Cherry powder or ask for some Amla berry.

the most important part is a mixture of 3 herbs... Andrographis/Chaparral/Pau D' Arco.. the best way to do this is to go to your local Whole foods and go to the whole body section... then go to herbs.. and you'll see a few different brands.. look for Natures Way... the herbs are cheap... Buy a bottle of each.. it shouldn't cost more than 20 bucks... you can pick up some elderberry syrup while you're at it and if your sinuses are plugged pick up a nice size bottle of eucalyptus oil.

Take the herbs and empty out all the capsules until you make 3 nice piles of each... mix it up and then take 1/2 teaspoon 20 minutes before meals 3x a day in unsweetened applesauce or straight and wash it down with water.

I think Boo was saying Garlic which can help also... what I would do is take some garlic and make a soup of cook it down some in some broth and then add some heat.. like cayenne.. but just a dash.. or even some hot sauce... something that'll get you to sweat.

Also.. run your shower and make a ghetto sauna and go in there and sweat and drink tons of water or gatorade or vitamin water.

That'll kick the FLu's right where it hurts.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#15 » by ibraheim718 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:48 am

Bran Fast Hands wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

I can't imagine there is too many problems when I only do it for a day or two.

Yeah.. you're fine there.. especially right when you feel it... but use Acerola Cherry powder or Amla berry... you won't have to consume as much since it's much more available to the body.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#16 » by ibraheim718 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:49 am

HawthorneWingo wrote:

:lol:
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#17 » by boomann21 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:52 am

If it gets worse just make you a Hottie Tottie with some Jack Danlies Whiskey. Warm that up real good and drink it up and jump up under your biggest blanket.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#18 » by ibraheim718 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:52 am

Here Wingo you can browse around my herbalists web page... he posts tons of scientific studies backing any advice he gives.

http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1688544

A lot of quacks on there though so I would just stick to his sub-forum.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#19 » by ibraheim718 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:53 am

boomann21 wrote:If it gets worse just make you a Hottie Tottie with some Jack Danlies Whiskey. Warm that up real good and drink it up and jump up under your biggest blanket.

Thumbs up to the hot toddy. :D
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God

Post#20 » by ibraheim718 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:55 am

Whenever I get a hint of sickness I get serious... I go at that thing like it's the devil himself. The gloves come off and I'm hitting it with straight rights, uppercuts, and left hooks.

Return to New York Knicks