ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Assault Weapons Ban Clarification

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

LoyalFan
Junior
And1: 45

Re: OT - Assault Weapons Ban Clarification 

Post#201 » by LoyalFan » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:55 am

E86 wrote:
Do you realize how poorly you represent pro-gun people right now? Perhaps being a gun owner and living in states where class 3 weapons are banned didn't make me realize how easy it is for you to get a machine gun in Atlanta, but I wasn't even talking to you and you're going off the goddamn rails with everyone in this thread.

Much as Wingo represents his side of the argument poorly because he's an extreme leftist, you're equally as guilty of doing a terrible job of making this a worthwhile conversation. You're not going to convince anyone by calling them an idiot, or a bubble boy. In fact you're going to turn anyone on the fence about the gun issues in the opposite of the direction you're personally espousing.

At the end of the day, I might not be right about every single aspect of everything, but at least I can take a civil approach to discussions as crucial as this issue and not look like a psychopath.

that was pretty entertaining. you actually took the time to speak on something you dont know anything about and want to lecture me. i get it. i am entertained by all this. i am not looking to convince anyone of anything or change any minds. this is no subject you change peoples minds on. mr hawaii actually does live in a bubble. and with every word he speaks, posting things that actually contradicts everything he is trying to say, is what makes him an idiot. not be calling him that. this is a message board with faceless people and meaningless opinions. and in case you have not noticed i have actually been extremely civil. it has become clear though that was a waste of my time. for 1 individual anyway. so you can continue to champion his honor all you want. just make sure when you are speaking to me you have your facts correct. i will call you on them
alphad0gz
Analyst
And1: 405

Post#202 » by alphad0gz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:56 am

Mr. Wishbone....please show me where it says assault style weapons are banned in Hawaii. I showed you where it said they were not, now maybe you could highlight the section where it says they are. There are a lot of misconceptions held by the gun control crowd and my aim is to point out where they are in error. Your job is to point out where I am in error. That's how debate works. Not opinion, but facts.

You based a large part of your example on misinformation...........
johnnywishbone
General Manager
And1: 1,361

Post#203 » by johnnywishbone » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:08 am

alphad0gz wrote:Mr. Wishbone....please show me where it says assault style weapons are banned in Hawaii. I showed you where it said they were not, now maybe you could highlight the section where it says they are. There are a lot of misconceptions held by the gun control crowd and my aim is to point out where they are in error. Your job is to point out where I am in error. That's how debate works. Not opinion, but facts.

You based a large part of your example on misinformation...........

Hawaii[1][2][3] is a "may issue" state for concealed carry. "In an exceptional case, when an applicant shows reason to fear injury to the applicant's person or property," a license to carry a pistol or revolver may be granted or denied at the discretion of the county police chief.[4] In practice however few if any concealed carry licenses are granted.[5] Hawaii does not recognize concealed carry permits issued by other states.[6][7]
Acquiring a firearm in Hawaii requires a permit to acquire, issued to qualified applicants by the county police chief. There is a minimum 14-20 day waiting period for receiving a permit. A separate permit is required for each handgun(s) transaction to be acquired (valid for a period of 10 days), while a "long gun" permit can be used for any number of rifles or shotguns for a period of one year. In addition to passing a criminal background check, applicants must provide an affidavit of mental health, and agree to release their medical records. First time applicants must be fingerprinted by the FBI (fee applies). When applying to acquire a handgun, a handgun safety training course affidavit or hunter's education card is also required.[8]
Firearms acquired within the state must be registered with the chief of police within 5 days. Firearms brought in from out of state, including those owned prior to moving to Hawaii, must be registered within 3 days of arrival. Registration of firearms brought in from out of state does not involve a waiting period, however a FBI fingerprint and background check will be conducted. Registration is not required for black powder firearms or firearms manufactured before 1899.[9]
Carrying a loaded firearm, concealed or not concealed, including in a vehicle, is a class A felony. Unloaded firearms that are secured in a gun case and are accompanied by a corresponding permit are allowed to be transported in a vehicle between the permitted owner's residence or business and: a place of repair; a target range; a licensed dealer's place of business; an organized, scheduled firearms show or exhibit; a place of formal hunter or firearm use training or instruction; or a police station.[10]
Fully automatic firearms, shotguns with barrels less than 18 inches long, and rifles with barrels less than 16 inches long are prohibited by state law. Also banned are handgun magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition, and semi-automatic handguns with certain combinations of features that the state has defined as "assault pistols".[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Hawaii

If you read that you can see that our gun laws are very strict.
Play time is over.
LoyalFan
Junior

Post#204 » by LoyalFan » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:12 am

johnnywishbone wrote:
Hawaii[1][2][3] is a "may issue" state for concealed carry. "In an exceptional case, when an applicant shows reason to fear injury to the applicant's person or property," a license to carry a pistol or revolver may be granted or denied at the discretion of the county police chief.[4] In practice however few if any concealed carry licenses are granted.[5] Hawaii does not recognize concealed carry permits issued by other states.[6][7]
Acquiring a firearm in Hawaii requires a permit to acquire, issued to qualified applicants by the county police chief. There is a minimum 14-20 day waiting period for receiving a permit. A separate permit is required for each handgun(s) transaction to be acquired (valid for a period of 10 days), while a "long gun" permit can be used for any number of rifles or shotguns for a period of one year. In addition to passing a criminal background check, applicants must provide an affidavit of mental health, and agree to release their medical records. First time applicants must be fingerprinted by the FBI (fee applies). When applying to acquire a handgun, a handgun safety training course affidavit or hunter's education card is also required.[8]
Firearms acquired within the state must be registered with the chief of police within 5 days. Firearms brought in from out of state, including those owned prior to moving to Hawaii, must be registered within 3 days of arrival. Registration of firearms brought in from out of state does not involve a waiting period, however a FBI fingerprint and background check will be conducted. Registration is not required for black powder firearms or firearms manufactured before 1899.[9]
Carrying a loaded firearm, concealed or not concealed, including in a vehicle, is a class A felony. Unloaded firearms that are secured in a gun case and are accompanied by a corresponding permit are allowed to be transported in a vehicle between the permitted owner's residence or business and: a place of repair; a target range; a licensed dealer's place of business; an organized, scheduled firearms show or exhibit; a place of formal hunter or firearm use training or instruction; or a police station.[10]
Fully automatic firearms, shotguns with barrels less than 18 inches long, and rifles with barrels less than 16 inches long are prohibited by state law. Also banned are handgun magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition, and semi-automatic handguns with certain combinations of features that the state has defined as "assault pistols".[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Hawaii

If you read that you can see that our gun laws are very strict.

you literally do not even understand what you are reading and cant even be taken serious
johnnywishbone
General Manager

Post#205 » by johnnywishbone » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:21 am

LoyalFan wrote:you literally do not even understand what you are reading and cant even be taken serious

Whatever Cletis. You quoted a study whose own author distanced himself from. You pretended to understand more about Australia than it's Prime Minister and now you are going to lecture me about a state you probably never even visited?

On top of that, you ridiculed a guy who was arguing your rights to play army or protect yourself from Aliens or whatever it is you think you need an arsenal for.

I hate to be the one to break this to you but you are not half as clever as you think.

Just remember - aim then shoot. You seem to have it backwards and I'd hate to see you lose your toes.
Play time is over.
LoyalFan
Junior

Post#206 » by LoyalFan » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:34 am

johnnywishbone wrote:
LoyalFan wrote:you literally do not even understand what you are reading and cant even be taken serious

Whatever Cletis. You quoted a study whose own author distanced himself from. You pretended to understand more about Australia than it's Prime Minister and now you are going to lecture me about a state you probably never even visited?

On top of that, you ridiculed a guy who was arguing your rights to play army or protect yourself from Aliens or whatever it is you think you need an arsenal for.

I hate to be the one to break this to you but you are not half as clever as you think.

Just remember - aim then shoot. You seem to have it backwards and I'd hate to see you lose your toes.

so you counter with 'wikipedia'??????
first off i gave you like 10 different links. multiple examples touching on many examples of the gun control debate.
you then counter with wikipedia and then quote something from it and completely misinterpret what it is saying. then you continue to repeat this information as if it is proving your point

the only thing that exert says is that hawaii has a magazine restriction. assault weapons, especially not the topic of this conversation are LEGAL in your state. actual military assault weapons have already been banned, as in to say you can not manufacture new 1s.
johnnywishbone
General Manager

Post#207 » by johnnywishbone » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:38 am

LoyalFan wrote:

the only thing that exert says is that hawaii has a magazine restriction. assault weapons, especially not the topic of this conversation are LEGAL in your state. actual military assault weapons have already been banned, as in to say you can not manufacture new 1s.

Yeah, it's just like Georgia. Except the part about everything.
Play time is over.
alphad0gz
Analyst

Post#208 » by alphad0gz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:38 am

1) They are not fully automatic
2) Barrels are not less than 16"
3) Not a handgun

Which part do you feel applies?
LoyalFan
Junior

Post#209 » by LoyalFan » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:46 am

johnnywishbone wrote:
LoyalFan wrote:

Yeah, it's just like Georgia. Except the part about everything.

jesus you are a moron. i am going to do you a favor and end this for you right now. i am about to post a series of links to gunshops in hawaii selling fvvvcking assault rifles ok

http://www.kaneohegs.com/inventory_rifles.htm

http://www.remtek.com/arms/steyr/index.htm

http://mauigun.com/shop/bushmaster-acr/
johnnywishbone
General Manager

Post#210 » by johnnywishbone » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:49 am

alphad0gz wrote:

3) Not a handgun

OK. So semi-autmatic long rifles are legal.But what about a mental health check for every person who wants to have a gun? And releasing all your mental health records? All guns have to be registered? Carrying a loaded weapon in your car is a class A felony?

So your saying you are cool with all that?
Play time is over.
LoyalFan
Junior

Post#211 » by LoyalFan » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:51 am

so let me see if i have the days conversation correct.

we have 1 guy who claims he is pro something but when he talks everything is says is completely wrong

then we have another guy who is anti but everything he says is wrong. then he quotes information. and he quotes that information wrong. and when shown that he is wrong he repeats it again as if it makes him less wrong so he goes about doubling down on his stupid comments. i am sure after i have given said genius proof of what hs is saying is wrong he will still continue to claim it as true though.

the internet is so entertaining
LoyalFan
Junior

Post#212 » by LoyalFan » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:03 am

johnnywishbone wrote:
alphad0gz wrote:

3) Not a handgun

OK. So semi-autmatic long rifles are legal.But what about a mental health check for every person who wants to have a gun? And releasing all your mental health records? All guns have to be registered? Carrying a loaded weapon in your car is a class A felony?

you have spent the better part of the last 2 days trying to say that they were not legal in hawaii and this is why you have lower crimes. you have argued this point tooth and nail while repeatedly being shown what you are saying is wrong. and now it simply OK

you are funnier than a chris rock stand up

what about mental health checks and carrying loaded guns. this entire conversation and thread is about BANNING ASSAULT WEAPONS AND HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINES

are you actually stupid or are you just playing games?
johnnywishbone
General Manager

Post#213 » by johnnywishbone » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:04 am

LoyalFan wrote:so let me see if i have the days conversation correct.

we have 1 guy who claims he is pro something but when he talks everything is says is completely wrong

then we have another guy who is anti but everything he says is wrong. then he quotes information. and he quotes that information wrong. and when shown that he is wrong he repeats it again as if it makes him less wrong so he goes about doubling down on his stupid comments. i am sure after i have given said genius proof of what hs is saying is wrong he will still continue to claim it as true though.

the internet is so entertaining

I'll acknowledge you were right on one count. Learn something everyday. But that doesn't excuse the other 50 things you got wrong - the most important being the premise that more guns equals less violence. And that to prove your point you quoted a study whose own author took his name off. Because his math doesn't add up - just like yours. And maybe I was wrong on one technical aspect of what's legal but what is undoubtably true is Hawaii has much stricter gun laws and we have less gun violence as a result. And a lot of these laws are coming your way braddah! Hope you pass that mental health check. But I doubt it.
Play time is over.
LoyalFan
Junior

Post#214 » by LoyalFan » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:09 am

johnnywishbone wrote:I'll acknowledge you were right on one count. Learn something everyday. But that doesn't excuse the other 50 things you got wrong - the most important being the premise that more guns equals less violence. And that to prove your point you quoted a study whose own author took his name off. Because his math doesn't add up - just like yours. And maybe I was wrong on one technical aspect of what's legal but what is undoubtably true is Hawaii has much stricter gun laws and we have less gun violence as a result. And a lot of these laws are coming your way braddah! Hope you pass that mental health check.

hahahahahahaha
this might come as a bit of a shock to you. but you dont actually have to acknowledge anything. i have been right on every single thing i have said. and of the 10 different articles and youtube videos i posted its pretty funny that you have latched yourself onto just 1 of them, completely ignoring the other 9 or 10. which at the end of the day proves you actually dont have anything to actually say because you dont know what you are talking about

chicago has the strictest gun laws in the country yet they are the murder capital of the country............

as for the rest of your nonsense. there is not a single law that will get passed that i have to worry about. trust me
johnnywishbone
General Manager

Post#215 » by johnnywishbone » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:13 am

LoyalFan wrote:
johnnywishbone wrote:I'll acknowledge you were right on one count. Learn something everyday. But that doesn't excuse the other 50 things you got wrong - the most important being the premise that more guns equals less violence. And that to prove your point you quoted a study whose own author took his name off. Because his math doesn't add up - just like yours. And maybe I was wrong on one technical aspect of what's legal but what is undoubtably true is Hawaii has much stricter gun laws and we have less gun violence as a result. And a lot of these laws are coming your way braddah! Hope you pass that mental health check.

hahahahahahaha
this might come as a bit of a shock to you. but you dont actually have to acknowledge anything. i have been right on every single thing i have said. and of the 10 different articles and youtube videos i posted its pretty funny that you have latched yourself onto just 1 of them, completely ignoring the other 9 or 10. which at the end of the day proves you actually dont have anything to actually say because you dont know what you are talking about

chicago has the strictest gun laws in the country yet they are the murder capital of the country............

as for the rest of your nonsense. there is not a single law that will get passed that i have to worry about. trust me

You mean the main premise of your argument?

We will see who is laughing in a year. Have fun playing army plick.
Play time is over.
LoyalFan
Junior

Post#216 » by LoyalFan » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:14 am

johnnywishbone wrote:
LoyalFan wrote:

hahahahahahaha

We will see who is laughing in a year. Have fun playing army plick.

who said anything about playing. i am an 11 year vet clown.
thanks for entertaining me
johnnywishbone
General Manager

Post#217 » by johnnywishbone » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:23 am

LoyalFan wrote:

who said anything about playing. i am an 11 year vet clown.
thanks for entertaining me

OK, I take the last comment back. Sorry about that! You're a funny guy. Wrong, but a funny guy.

Have a nice day.
Play time is over.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#218 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:27 am

Hey, maybe there is a God. :lol: These morons can't even get in and out of a car without accidentally firing their weapon and they're going to stop an unexpected incident where they're confronted with a gunman armed with military weapons and 100s of rounds of ammunition? :rofl: I'm just surprised no one is dead.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/1 ... l#comments

Gun Show Shootings: At Least 5 Hurt In Accidental Incidents In Ohio, Indiana, North Carolina
01/19/13 08:23 PM ET EST

MEDINA, Ohio — Accidental shootings at gun shows in North Carolina, Indiana and Ohio left five people injured Saturday.

At the Dixie Gun and Knife Show in Raleigh, a 12-gauge shotgun discharged as its owner unzipped its case for a law enforcement officer to check at a security entrance, injuring three people, state Agriculture Department spokesman Brian Long said.

Two bystanders were hit by shotgun pellets and taken to a hospital. A retired deputy sheriff suffered a slight hand injury.

The shotgun's owner, 36-year-old Gary Lynn Wilson, brought the weapon to the show to find a private buyer, Long said. Sheriff Donnie Harrison said that it was too early to know whether Wilson might be charged but that it appeared to be an accident.

The North Carolina show, which is held at the state fairgrounds, is a quarterly event that usually draws thousands of people. The two-day show shut down early Saturday but will reopen Sunday.

In Indianapolis, police said a 54-year-old man was injured when he accidentally shot himself while leaving a gun show.

Emory L. Cozee was loading his .45 caliber semi-automatic when he shot himself in the hand as he was leaving the Indy 1500 Gun and Knife show at the state fairgrounds, state police said. Loaded personal weapons aren't allowed inside the show.

Cozee, of Indianapolis, was hospitalized for treatment. Police say the shooting was accidental and no charges will be filed.

And in Ohio, a gun dealer in Medina was checking out a semi-automatic handgun he had bought Saturday when he accidentally pulled the trigger, injuring his friend, police said. The gun's magazine had been removed from the firearm, but one round remained in the chamber, police said.

Police Chief Pat Berarducci said it appears the bullet ricocheted off the floor and struck the friend in the arm and leg. The man was taken by helicopter to a hospital 30 miles north in Cleveland, Berarducci said. His condition wasn't immediately known.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
alphad0gz
Analyst

Post#219 » by alphad0gz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:37 pm

Having ANY loaded gun in you car is against the law, except maybe if you have a full carry permit, not sure about that. Yes, cool with that. Mental health check before purchasing? No, not cool with that. Who's going to do it, pay for it, and verify it's legit. If you have a record of mental health incidents, now that I am cool with. I think you have the wrong idea about pro gun people. Most have no problem with reasonable measures. You have to understand that pro gun people are far more educated in guns, how they are used in crimes, and how laws are likely to affect/not affect those crimes and their own lives. You are not atypical among gun control supporters. Most do not know the existing laws, how guns are really classified, and how they impact crime statistics. I don't feel the NRA does a good job educating the general public and they come across as zealot organization. On the other hand, I feel that a majority gun control supporters are not adequately informed about the cause they support. The result is a massive clash.
alphad0gz
Analyst

Post#220 » by alphad0gz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:48 pm

Hey, maybe there is a God. :lol: These morons can't even get in and out of a car without accidentally firing their weapon and they're going to stop an unexpected incident where they're confronted with a gunman armed with military weapons and 100s of rounds of ammunition? :rofl: I'm just surprised no one is dead.

Just go away. If there is anyone on here that by now doesn't know you're a troll who never offers any actual insight, I'll be shocked. You love to stir the pot in the direction of the Liberal Left. Good, that's your choice. Stop acting like everything that you disagree with is stupid. People like you are a cancer to this republic. Rather than open, honest dialog, you have picked a side, and come hell or high water, support it, often by ridiculing anything you oppose. I'm surprised you haven't given more input on what self respecting hunters do...

Return to New York Knicks