ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: ND's Te'o may be a fraud

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

UnderdogKnicks
Starter
And1: 40

Re: OT: ND's Te'o may be a fraud 

Post#141 » by UnderdogKnicks » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:37 pm

This is hilarious. :lol: Teo sucks anyway, nobody would give a **** about him in the NFL.
Classics :

Knicks, Giants, Yankees, Rangers
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#142 » by MaseInYourFace » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:44 pm

UnderdogKnicks wrote:This is hilarious. :lol: Teo sucks anyway, nobody would give a **** about him in the NFL.

You talk in jest but you've sort of hit upon another point, these guys get too famous in college. College football is seriously warped. At least with b'ball the best dudes are usually out in a year or two.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
DrKnick
Starter
And1: 580

Post#143 » by DrKnick » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:54 pm

Don't understand why this is important. :/
ShotgunNitty
Rookie
And1: 115

Post#144 » by ShotgunNitty » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:09 pm

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,639

Post#145 » by mpharris36 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:55 am

look what i just made...

This is what Mel Kiper and Todd McShay's scouting report of Manti Te'o will look like come the 2013 NFL Draft.

:lol:
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,000

Post#146 » by Pharmcat » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:57 am

has there been more info released?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#147 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:02 am

UnderdogKnicks wrote:This is hilarious. :lol: Teo sucks anyway, nobody would give a **** about him in the NFL.

LOL. I heard on the FAN today that the Gints were interested in him since you guys need LB help.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 995

Post#148 » by blue and orange » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:32 am

HawthorneWingo wrote:

LOL. I heard on the FAN today that the Gints were interested in him since you guys need LB help.

From who exactly a beat reporter? Do you think an NFL team is going to tell the media what their plans are, im sure they are looking at him but there are better LB in the draft such as the 2 Georgia guys. A lot will depend on his 40 time. Well find out.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#149 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:46 am

blue and orange wrote:
HawthorneWingo wrote:

From who exactly a beat reporter? Do you think an NFL team is going to tell the media what their plans are, im sure they are looking at him but there are better LB in the draft such as the 2 Georgia guys. A lot will depend on his 40 time. Well find out.

Are you a Giants fan?
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Daaaarryyl
Starter
And1: 502
Location: Eddie's house wondering why he wants to get me and Dave drunk.

Post#150 » by Daaaarryyl » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:25 am

Pharmcat wrote:has there been more info released?

Latest I heard was right after the Knicks postgame on ESPN radio Dave Rothenberg said news came down that Te'o knew there had been a hoax (assuming he had nothing to do with any of it) a few days BEFORE he did a handful of interviews discussing the girl in mid December. My dates may be off a day or two but IIRC he said Te'o 100% knew the story was fake on or around December 8th and yet he did sob story interviews the following week(s).

In other words If you're someone who believes his story (and that he is a victim in all this) it has to be noted that he absolutely knew the story was a sham and yet still went on to do several interviews talking up the girl and how devestated he was later on. And that's only if you believe he wasn't in on it. There's just no outcome that he's not going to come out looking bad in this.
Bulls69 wrote:The think about the Bulls we realizes we sucks but the Knicks on the other hand think everyone wants to play a garbage a** team. get real a team who has not won a win in over thirty -five years

Less Bulls, MORE books!!
Knicker23
General Manager
And1: 139

Post#151 » by Knicker23 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:36 am

I have begun to shift from thinking he was hoaxed and got sucked in, did some lying/embellishing... To questioning whether there was ever a girl he claims he was talking to to begin with.... Mostly because of the info coming back about the dude that was behind the Twitter account of the "girlfriend" .. A dude Te'o knows...

And it got me to thinking... So this dude's behind the Twitter, is he behind the "phone calls" too? Was there some girl tasked with that part of the scam? So you're telling me some girl out there signed up for being the voice on the phone for, perhaps hours a day, in this scam? I find that really hard to believe.... And even if Te'o is embellishing that they talked often, or 4 hours a night as he said.... He surely talked to this woman enough times that he called her his "girlfriend" ... that he got that emotionally attached etc etc.... And that all just makes less and less sense.... I suppose there's a small chance that he massively embellished the amount he knew this girl.. and had talked to her maybe 5 times on the phone... here and there etc... But even that, just sounds very unlikely... no matter how you look at it.

So if i'm weighing the options here it's: 1) Te'o was in on it, for some reason, with the dude who is supposedly behind the GF twitter account.... 2) The dude that was behind the Twitter account was one of the perps... And that there was a girl assigned to talking to him constantly.. and they were in constant cohorts etc about info, what to say, and conducted sophisticated hoax, each doing there parts..... 3) Te'o over embellished extent of knowing girl... but there was in fact a girl that he talked to a few times / he was hoaxed to some extent and then made some lies of his own on top of it...

Right now, i'm starting to lean towards 1)
Daaaarryyl
Starter

Post#152 » by Daaaarryyl » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:44 am

Knicker23 wrote:Right now, i'm starting to lean towards 1)

I think the vast majority of us are too. Other scenario's just dont add up or make any sense. My girl's mom watches Judge Judy and she says in nearly every episode "If it doesn't make sense it's not true".
Bulls69 wrote:The think about the Bulls we realizes we sucks but the Knicks on the other hand think everyone wants to play a garbage a** team. get real a team who has not won a win in over thirty -five years

Less Bulls, MORE books!!
HixNixKnicksTix
Veteran
And1: 680

Post#153 » by HixNixKnicksTix » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:00 am

Daaaarryyl wrote:

I think the vast majority of us are too. Other scenario's just dont add up or make any sense. My girl's mom watches Judge Judy and she says in nearly every episode "If it doesn't make sense it's not true".

this made me lol
Daaaarryyl
Starter

Post#154 » by Daaaarryyl » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:04 am

HixNixKnicksTix wrote:
Daaaarryyl wrote:

this made me lol

LOL, do you realize how hard it is to talk to her without thinking she believes I'm BS'ing? :lol:

Less Bulls, MORE books!!
johnnywishbone
General Manager
And1: 1,361

Post#155 » by johnnywishbone » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:28 am

Lance Armstrong says thank you Manti. You just made doping look so pedestrian.
Play time is over.
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,361

Post#156 » by Vertical Limit » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:34 am

Goodell is absolutely loving this story. His NFL draft already gets high ratings as is but this Manti Te'o thing will have everyone watching to see when he gets drafted.
Sky_Knicks
Banned User
And1: 419

Post#157 » by Sky_Knicks » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:14 pm

I'll say it again, no twenty something year old talks to a girl for all this time without video chatting her. Especially a guy. We'd wanna see some boobies.
Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#158 » by Falstaffxx » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:08 pm

It seems as if this guy would be likely to have a hot real-life girlfriend. This is so strange.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#159 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:31 pm

Vertical Limit wrote:Goodell is absolutely loving this story. His NFL draft already gets high ratings as is but this Manti Te'o thing will have everyone watching to see when he gets drafted.

Good point.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#160 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:34 pm

I made up a word for these kind of celebrity scheming antics, "Kardashianic" Sorta like Machiavellian...
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard

Return to New York Knicks