ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA part 3

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Bran Fast Hands
Banned User
And1: 798

Re: Around the NBA part 3 

Post#641 » by Bran Fast Hands » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:08 am

To be honest you are almost as annoying as the Lin super fans because you blabber on about him just as much, if not more.
Knicker23
General Manager
And1: 139

Post#642 » by Knicker23 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:10 am

Games like this are why one can argue Thunder aren't better off than they were with Harden. Westbrook has an off night and the Thunder are very susceptible. That may have been the case even with Harden - but Harden can impact / pick up the slack in such a game much better than Martin can.. Martin isn't the same type of player that can bail you out... he's shooter.

Harden disappeared last year, so it's not like he's a given. But Thunder seem a little more dependent on Westbrook which could be an issue come conference finals / finals.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,030

Post#643 » by Capn'O » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:18 am

21shumpshumpst wrote:Is this the part where I hear "but but but but its only his real rookie season, the coach is using him wrong, but but but harden is dribbling too much"?

No. This is the part where I continue to call you out because you're the one instigating and not responding.

21shumpshumpst wrote:]
No I only complain when you dummies make it out as if we lost out on a future perennial all star , 5 time world champ and first ballot hall of famer.

Find the RECENT post that you are responding to.

The only claim I've made - which I amply admitted TONIGHT is thus far wrong - is that he's incrementally better than his stats said as of January 10th or whenever that was. If that puts him on your Hall of Fame ballot then more power to ya.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,030

Post#644 » by Capn'O » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:24 am

Knicker23 wrote:Games like this are why one can argue Thunder aren't better off than they were with Harden. Westbrook has an off night and the Thunder are very susceptible. That may have been the case even with Harden - but Harden can impact / pick up the slack in such a game much better than Martin can.. Martin isn't the same type of player that can bail you out... he's shooter.

Harden disappeared last year, so it's not like he's a given. But Thunder seem a little more dependent on Westbrook which could be an issue come conference finals / finals.

Martin is the ultimate spacer but yeah, you're right, it puts a lot of pressure on those main guys. I do wonder if the Thunder are done with this year's roster. I guess you have to figure they're playing well enough that they'll make do.

Perhaps their best attribute is that their main competition seems to have weakened.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#645 » by Falstaffxx » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:07 am

21shumpshumpst wrote:
Falstaffxx wrote:
I don't want to hear you complain about people talking Lin in this thread again. Clearly you love it.

No I only complain when you dummies make it out as if we lost out on a future perennial all star , 5 time world champ and first ballot hall of famer.

He is none of that. When you are losing time to Tony freaking Douglas then you need to start reevaluating yourself.

All I see is you and fdr2012 talking to each other.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,009

Post#646 » by Pharmcat » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:58 pm

Knicker23 wrote:Games like this are why one can argue Thunder aren't better off than they were with Harden. Westbrook has an off night and the Thunder are very susceptible. That may have been the case even with Harden - but Harden can impact / pick up the slack in such a game much better than Martin can.. Martin isn't the same type of player that can bail you out... he's shooter.

thunder traded the wrong guy

they needed to trade westbrook
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,499

Post#647 » by Fat Kat » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:10 pm

Red Vines wrote:
AllanHoustonFan wrote:These Rocket announcers are awful
"Now that's what I call a gangsta move"

Drexler.

Stacey King yelled. "I like my meatballs spicey"

:lol: WTF?
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,110

Post#648 » by Tron Carter » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:14 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:
21shumpshumpst wrote:
Falstaffxx wrote:
I don't want to hear you complain about people talking Lin in this thread again. Clearly you love it.

He is none of that. When you are losing time to Tony freaking Douglas then you need to start reevaluating yourself.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
R.I.P Black Mamba
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,966

Post#649 » by knicks94 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:15 pm

I don't see how the Lakers are struggling. They have the best center in the NBA, a future hall of fame power forward, a future hall of fame point guard, a top 5 scorer, and a coach that mostly every franchise in the NBA loves and reveres.

The Lakers must be playing this awful on purpose. At best they're a 55 win team. I didn't expect them to be one of the worst teams in the Western Conference with more than half of the season played.

I still think they're going to make the playoffs. Three of the four teams that are right infront of them in the Western Conference standings are not good enough to finish the season with a winning record.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,495

Post#650 » by j4remi » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:06 pm

Chris Bosh only had 7 attempts last night despite Miami scoring like 120 points...wtf...my fantasy team can't have that!
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Quick Kick
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#651 » by Quick Kick » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:19 pm

knicks94 wrote:I don't see how the Lakers are struggling. They have the best center in the NBA, a future hall of fame power forward, a future hall of fame point guard, a top 5 scorer, and a coach that mostly every franchise in the NBA loves and reveres.

The Lakers must be playing this awful on purpose. At best they're a 55 win team.

this is what I was talking about a few pages back

people see the big names on the Lakers roster and think thats the reason theyll put it together soon.

Thats the thing though.At this point, theyre just NAMES. Nobody on that team can play defense. Kobe/Nash is hands down the worst defensive backcourt in the galaxy. Then you have Artest who is no longer a top notch defender either, and a Howard who clearly hates Kobe so he plays half-speed. Throw in a coach who wouldnt succeed at the high school level, and you have the 2013 Lakers. Oh yeah and their bench is just horrifyingly atrocious.
fdr2012
Banned User
And1: 70

Post#652 » by fdr2012 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:23 pm

Falstaffxx wrote:
21shumpshumpst wrote:
Falstaffxx wrote:

LOL. That's because you and the rest of the homers became very quiet once Lin reverted back to garbage. You were very talkative in December though. Maybe you should have just disappeared like Bill Bradley.
frogfood
Suspended
And1: 1,609

Post#653 » by frogfood » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:27 pm

fdr2012 wrote:LOL. That's because you and the rest of the homers became very quiet once Lin reverted back to garbage. You were very talkative in December though. Maybe you should have just disappeared like Bill Bradley.

this is you

You seem bitter.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#654 » by Thugger HBC » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:34 pm

You seriously used that pic. :rofl:
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
frogfood
Suspended

Post#655 » by frogfood » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:51 pm

It would also make sense to photoshop Kobe in there no?
Dre_7
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#656 » by Dre_7 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:16 pm

Pharmcat wrote:

Eh. Harden played awful in the finals. I think they still made the right move, harden and Durant without a PG would not have equated wins.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,047

Post#657 » by GONYK » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:19 pm

Dre_7 wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:

Eh. Harden played awful in the finals. I think they still made the right move, harden and Durant without a PG would not have equated wins.

The only PG Durant and Harden ever played with was Maynor.

Westbrook is not a PG. He's a black hole.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,262

Post#658 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:10 pm

I wonder what kind of package the Thunder could have gotten for Westbrook? I'm sure they could have gotten a pg back.

Would the Thunder be a better team if you swap Westbrook for say Kyle Lowry and Harden?
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
frogfood
Suspended

Post#659 » by frogfood » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:26 pm

Deron? Rondo? I bet they could've gotten the Kyrie pick if they explored trading him back then.
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#660 » by Bill Bradley » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:51 pm

fdr2012 wrote:LOL. That's because you and the rest of the homers became very quiet once Lin reverted back to garbage. You were very talkative in December though. Maybe you should have just disappeared like Bill Bradley.

I didn't disappear- just don't like to talk to dumbasses. I am a psychologist and I see enough guys with personality disorders and anger problems during the course of my workday. Not going to get baited into arguments with tweedledee and tweedledumber about Lin anymore. In fact, I'm not sure why I haven't blocked you both yet- will do that now. Maybe I will post more here when I don't have to read your worthless posts.

Return to New York Knicks