yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Pistons @ Knicks London Home PG Thread

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, NoLayupRule, Brooklyn_Yards, mrpoetryNmotion, j4remi, Knickstape1214, GONYK, Thugger HBC, Thorn

Post#121 Re: Pistons @ Knicks London Home PG Thread
Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:42 am by Falstaffxx

Did Shumpert look quick on defense? I didn't get to watch the game.
Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 164

Post#122 Re: Pistons @ Knicks London Home PG Thread
Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:45 am by ToHoleWithSoul

GONYK wrote:
jwise44 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:is there a full length movie featuring her?

Lord have mercy!!!

But my analysis of the game, it's never a concern unless it's a loss, and sometimes not even then.......

please god...who is that? i must know

Jenn Kaelin

She's a stripper now

She needs to graduate. Know what I mean? :eyebrows:
ToHoleWithSoul

Lead Assistant
And1: 521

Post#123 Re: Pistons @ Knicks London Home PG Thread
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:21 am by Thugger HBC

ToHoleWithSoul wrote:
GONYK wrote:
jwise44 wrote:[quote="Thugger HBC"]is there a full length movie featuring her?

Lord have mercy!!!

But my analysis of the game, it's never a concern unless it's a loss, and sometimes not even then.......

please god...who is that? i must know

Jenn Kaelin

She's a stripper now

She needs to graduate. Know what I mean? :eyebrows:[/quote]
She has I've checked.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Thugger HBC

Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 4,021
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#124 Re: Pistons @ Knicks London Home PG Thread
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:15 am by PumaClyde

Good game, good pics, but I wanted to write about the actual trip to the Uk.

Had to be a great experience. And can only help the chemistry and comradery

Players taking families and loved ones, and have them around the team is top notch bonding.

Knicks seemed to take everyone with them from Baron, Allan, Clyde, Spike etc.

Saw Sheed playing with someone's kid on the sideline, felt like Knicks family outing day.

Knicks sightseeing, and holding BBall camps for the kids seemed great,
and the way they reached out to the fans was slightly promotional, but still great to see.

Spike inviting cats to the pub to chat before game was cool and John Amaechi promoting the Uk
League will be great for D leaguers and undrafteds to get some burn.

The win just seemed like the icing on the cake..."And a good time was had by all" type of thing

A trip like this make the team so much stronger mentally, builds trust and character going foward.

Good sheet all around.....

Twist it up and roll them cats...on to the next one..Next up: The Brooklyn Butchers.
"When two teams suck, the hustler always wins- Puma
PumaClyde
Pro Prospect
And1: 23

Post#125 Re: Pistons @ Knicks London Home PG Thread
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:30 am by MaseInYourFace

I dvr'ed this game, hope to run through it tonight. I saw the news highlights and read the clippings on Shump. Very exciting! As the neurotic Knick fan that I am I remain worried about his knee but this is very encouraging!
MaseInYourFace

RealGM
And1: 1,455

Post#126 Re: Pistons @ Knicks London Home PG Thread
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:30 am by ToHoleWithSoul

Thugger HBC wrote:She has I've checked.

Thank you, sir. I will investigate this.
ToHoleWithSoul

Lead Assistant
And1: 521

Post#127 Re: Pistons @ Knicks London Home PG Thread
Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:42 am by mpharris36

MaseInYourFace wrote:I dvr'ed this game, hope to run through it tonight. I saw the news highlights and read the clippings on Shump. Very exciting! As the neurotic Knick fan that I am I remain worried about his knee but this is very encouraging!

i was worried as well, but there was one play who made me feel all good.

he stole the ball in the 3rd qtr than was on a 1vs1 fast break he made a layup by euro stepping putting all his weight on both legs.

first the right then jumped off the left (the injured knee)

it looked smooth and effortless...that was the play that made me say...shump is back
god shammgod wrote:i told these fools from chicago that them marinara filled swimming pools they call pizza would do them in.

***dead***
mpharris36

RealGM
And1: 4,117

Post#128 Re: Pistons @ Knicks London Home PG Thread
Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:19 pm by Kooz

PumaClyde wrote:
Saw Sheed playing with someone's kid on the sideline, felt like Knicks family outing day.

Melo's kid. Lala was there as well.
Kooz

Senior
And1: 90

Post#129 Re: Pistons @ Knicks London Home PG Thread
Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:41 pm by j4remi

Falstaffxx wrote:Did Shumpert look quick on defense? I didn't get to watch the game.

When I tell you he looks like he hasn't missed a beat, I mean it. No exaggeration. Shump's lateral movement was there and he was as active as I remember with both his hands and movement. Offensively he was almost a Sportscenter Top Ten highlight yesterday and the jumper had improved form...really loved watching the kid's game.

Amare in the post was unstoppable last night. He was getting position at will and when he got the ball there was no hesitation in him. He's a bit mechanical and kinda awkward looking sometimes, but it works because he's moving quickly and strong enough to get deep off a dribble or two...the FT's came mainly out of good positioning and posting up, at least in the first half. People hating on his picks, I understand...but it's an effective screen and roll he does, where he cuts before or right at the instant of contact...this makes it easier for the defender on the ball handler to recover, but it also makes it extremely hard for the hedge man to get back. It forces switches often and at times gives Amare a free lane at which point it's up to the PG/ball handler to find him...Felton will be better at this because he's quicker so even though the screen only slows down his defender slightly, that should be all he needs in most cases.

Felton should be back within 10 days...and this team will finally have a healthy starting line-up (I think Amare will be starting at that point and it's not like his defense will "kill" us when Copeland has been starting recently). I can't wait! Hopefully Camby is close to return too.
BAT - Hawks
Rajon Rondo/Brian Roberts/Shane Larkin
Kyle Korver/Evan Fournier
Terrence Ross/Vince Carter
Al Horford/Mike Scott/Jonas Jerebko
Brandan Wright/Jermaine O'neal

j4remi

Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 2,066

Post#130 Re: Pistons @ Knicks London Home PG Thread
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:50 pm by Falstaffxx

j4remi wrote:
Falstaffxx wrote:Did Shumpert look quick on defense? I didn't get to watch the game.

When I tell you he looks like he hasn't missed a beat, I mean it. No exaggeration. Shump's lateral movement was there and he was as active as I remember with both his hands and movement. Offensively he was almost a Sportscenter Top Ten highlight yesterday and the jumper had improved form...really loved watching the kid's game.

Amare in the post was unstoppable last night. He was getting position at will and when he got the ball there was no hesitation in him. He's a bit mechanical and kinda awkward looking sometimes, but it works because he's moving quickly and strong enough to get deep off a dribble or two...the FT's came mainly out of good positioning and posting up, at least in the first half. People hating on his picks, I understand...but it's an effective screen and roll he does, where he cuts before or right at the instant of contact...this makes it easier for the defender on the ball handler to recover, but it also makes it extremely hard for the hedge man to get back. It forces switches often and at times gives Amare a free lane at which point it's up to the PG/ball handler to find him...Felton will be better at this because he's quicker so even though the screen only slows down his defender slightly, that should be all he needs in most cases.

Felton should be back within 10 days...and this team will finally have a healthy starting line-up (I think Amare will be starting at that point and it's not like his defense will "kill" us when Copeland has been starting recently). I can't wait! Hopefully Camby is close to return too.

That's good to hear about Shumpert.

Stoudemire is a likeable enough guy even if he's dumb, it'd be nice if he could make a solid contribution. I think he's best off the bench now, but he could add some good depth.
Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 164

Post#131 Re: Pistons @ Knicks London Home PG Thread
Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:50 pm by mpharris36

j4remi wrote:

The only reason you can't start Amare is that you need to wait for either Sheed or Camby are back and playing minutes.

Right now Amare actually comes off the bench and plays mostly the 5. We would have no backup big man if Amare started with Tyson. THat would mean kurt would be playing minutes again. Cope can continue to start until we either get Sheed or Camby back or you move Melo to the 4 start shump at the 3 and go small with kidd and felton.

Unless we sign K-Mart and he can then backup tyson and amare in the front court.
god shammgod wrote:i told these fools from chicago that them marinara filled swimming pools they call pizza would do them in.

***dead***
mpharris36

RealGM
And1: 4,117

Post#132 Re: Pistons @ Knicks London Home PG Thread
Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:06 pm by NoLayupRule

yes, there is something true there

if we have only Thomas and Copeland as big options off the bench right now we are risking a lot with any foul trouble or injury to Tyson

we truly do need to make that K-Mart signing asap!!

This concern alone means Amare needs to stay off the bench for now

Eventually he will be a starter again IMO but he and Smith off the bench is a great 2nd unit punch

I think our bench scored more than 40 against the Pistons

thats solid
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 1,838

Post#133 Re: Pistons @ Knicks London Home PG Thread
Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:05 pm by j4remi

Honestly fellas, I've liked what KT has shown us these past few weeks. His pick and pop ability makes him a solid option in the pick and roll...and he's not terrible defensively.
BAT - Hawks
Rajon Rondo/Brian Roberts/Shane Larkin
Kyle Korver/Evan Fournier
Terrence Ross/Vince Carter
Al Horford/Mike Scott/Jonas Jerebko
Brandan Wright/Jermaine O'neal

j4remi

Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 2,066

Post#134 Re: Pistons @ Knicks London Home PG Thread
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:07 pm by Fat Kat

@Al_Iannazzone
After Carmelo leads Knicks to win in London, Stoudemire says, "It's Melo's team."
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Fat Kat

RealGM
And1: 2,269

Post#135 Re: Pistons @ Knicks London Home PG Thread
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:27 pm by blumatic

Fat Kat wrote:
@Al_Iannazzone
After Carmelo leads Knicks to win in London, Stoudemire says, "It's Melo's team."

Amare knew that and been playing like that since Melo got here. Always giving the ball to Melo in money time.
blumatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 573

Post#136 Re: Pistons @ Knicks London Home PG Thread
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:33 pm by Thugger HBC

Fat Kat wrote:
@Al_Iannazzone

It became Melo's team when he stepped on the court against the Bucks 2 years ago.

Interestingly this was Melo's response.....

Anthony countered with, "It's Jim Dolan's team."

Amare needs to anchor that bench tho, I really dont think he knows how important he can be.
Thugger HBC

Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 4,021
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Previous

Return to New York Knicks