yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS" Thread

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, mrpoetryNmotion, NoLayupRule, Knickstape1214, Brooklyn_Yards, j4remi, Thugger HBC, GONYK, Thorn

Post#16 Re: Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS"
Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:48 pm by BourneNYKFan

Thugger, I have to say you are doing a stupendous job controlling this board and its' multitude of personalities. You are Johnny on the spot with your posts and I am impressed with your patience. Keep up the good work. It seems as though you are the only full time Mod around here. Anyway, I hope the gang bangers don't go off the ledge and force you to quit, or TRADE you for all the retired Mods.....
JamesDolan wrote:
I am responding to the uneducated buffoon that couldnt argue his way out of a paper bag...
BourneNYKFan
Senior
User avatar
Posts: 732
And1: 9
Joined: Mar 25, 2012
Location: Around The Corner
Top

Post#17 Re: Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS"
Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:27 pm by Thugger HBC

BourneNYKFan wrote:Thugger, I have to say you are doing a stupendous job controlling this board and its' multitude of personalities. You are Johnny on the spot with your posts and I am impressed with your patience. Keep up the good work. It seems as though you are the only full time Mod around here. Anyway, I hope the gang bangers don't go off the ledge and force you to quit, or TRADE you for all the retired Mods.....

Thanks, much appreciated, can't do what i do without the other guys, so i credit them fully as well.

OAN, that sig, it still makes me laugh from when i first saw the actual post. :lol:

That's my true #1 fan right there.
Image
:D Murry is my new hopeful, I'll gladly provide wagon service.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1263590&start=540
Thugger HBC




Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
User avatar
Posts: 33,399
And1: 3,823
Joined: Jan 13, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
Top

Post#18 Re: Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS"
Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:38 am by BernardKing

I posted this idea in another thread a couple of days ago, but I'll rehash it here:
I think Dallas wants to have cap room for a max contract this summer. As of now, they won't have the cap room to offer a max contract this summer. So this trade saves their cap almost 5 mil, and it puts them in position to offer a max contract in July:

Brewer, James White + Novak for Shawn Marion

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6203862

If Cuban really thinks the Mavs are serious contenders this year, he'd never do it. But I don't think the Mavs are serious contenders this year. Or... If Cuban thinks he has no shot at DHoward or CP3, then why bother clearing room? But maybe Cuban thinks he can lure DHoward...
Image
"I firmly believe that respect is a lot more important, and a lot greater, than popularity." - Julius Erving
BernardKing
Junior
User avatar
Posts: 416
And1: 13
Joined: Jan 6, 2010
Top

Post#19 Re: Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS"
Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:41 am by Jezus

inb4tradeSTATforabagofchips
Jezus
Pro Prospect
Posts: 971
And1: 12
Joined: Apr 11, 2012
Top

Post#20 Re: Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS"
Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:41 am by falcindor

Mavs are looking for stars. Plus would be a bad deal for both sides. Novak is our specialist. I really wouldnt trade him unless it was in a large deal for something insane comming back. He cant be replaced.
falcindor
General Manager
Posts: 9,505
And1: 88
Joined: May 26, 2001
Top

Post#21 Re: Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS"
Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:07 am by br7knicks

i want to trade for john salmons. i know he has a pretty big contract, but how can you say no to this face?


Image

i'm was doing my fantasy team this week and i noticed this
br7knicks




RealGM
Posts: 19,833
And1: 1,321
Joined: Dec 1, 2008
Top

Post#22 Re: Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS"
Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:03 am by NevaGivinKnixUp

br7knicks wrote:i want to trade for john salmons. i know he has a pretty big contract, but how can you say no to this face?


Image

i'm was doing my fantasy team this week and i noticed this


:lol: :lol:

That trade for Jennings and Larry Sanders sounds good, but I think we should just ride with the team we have, if we can get kmart great. People forget how important chemistry is.
"I'm not giving no damn suggestions, he almost drop 40 points on us, he's fine" - Kobe
NevaGivinKnixUp
Senior
Posts: 580
And1: 30
Joined: Jan 13, 2012
Top

Post#23 Re: Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS"
Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:04 am by Falstaffxx

I think Shumpert is the only real trade piece, and he has more value as a player to the Knicks than anything they'd likely get for him, because of the injury. So I doubt there will be any trades.

It would be nice to get Mozgov for 10 or 15 minutes off the bench, but I don't see how.

If Stoudemire stays healthy and can hit some shots off the bench, it'll help the depth a lot. The Wallace injury hurts, but Stoudemire in game shape > a 40 year old Wallace coming out of retirement.
Falstaffxx
Banned User
Posts: 9,155
And1: 164
Joined: Sep 27, 2010
Top

Post#24 Re: Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS"
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:30 am by Newyorknick94

falcindor wrote:Of course Im the first one to be flamed for posting a trade:

Brandon Jennings + Larry Sanders
for
Raymond Felton + Ronnie Brewer + Chris Copeland + 2013 1st round pick

lol we cant trade our 2013 pick.
Newyorknick94
Veteran
User avatar
Posts: 2,761
And1: 458
Joined: Jul 11, 2010
Location: From Long Island NY now in Fl
Top

Post#25 Re: Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS"
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:58 am by swisscheeseD

Newyorknick94 wrote:
falcindor wrote:Of course Im the first one to be flamed for posting a trade:

Brandon Jennings + Larry Sanders
for
Raymond Felton + Ronnie Brewer + Chris Copeland + 2013 1st round pick

lol we cant trade our 2013 pick.


lol if that's the only thing you found wrong with that trade.

WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD MILWAUKEE MAKE THAT MOVE???

They wouldn't do that for Larry Sanders alone, yet we get Jennings too? :lol:
ORLANDO MAGIC
PG: Kendall Marshall / Andre Miller / Pierre Jackson
SG: Joe Johnson / Dion Waiters
SF: Nicolas Batum / Quincy Pondexter
PF: Kenneth Faried / Marvin Williams / Ryan Kelly
C: Marc Gasol / Tyler Zeller / Jan Vesley
swisscheeseD


Lead Assistant
User avatar
Posts: 5,194
And1: 320
Joined: Jan 26, 2007
Location: Tonight's The Night
Top

Post#26 Re: Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS"
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:12 pm by shmeakone

With Shump back & having White whose better than Brewer it makes Brewer expendable.

I'm sure a contender would take him or a team whose struggling with D.

Kurt Thomas & Ronnie Brewer for Rashard Lewis?

Kurt Thomas & Ronnie Brewer for Royce White?

Ronnie Brewer for Jodie Meeks?
Image
#KnicksTape

We blow ... for now ..
shmeakone
Assistant Coach
User avatar
Posts: 4,289
And1: 753
Joined: Mar 26, 2012
Top

Post#27 Re: Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS" Thread
Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:51 pm by GONYK

shmeakone wrote:With Shump back & having White whose better than Brewer it makes Brewer expendable.

I'm sure a contender would take him or a team whose struggling with D.

Kurt Thomas & Ronnie Brewer for Rashard Lewis?

Kurt Thomas & Ronnie Brewer for Royce White?

Ronnie Brewer for Jodie Meeks?


Why would we want any of those players?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Image

I will not trade future draft picks for past draft busts
GONYK


Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
User avatar
Posts: 40,572
And1: 3,655
Joined: Jun 27, 2003
Top

Post#28 Re: Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS"
Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:45 pm by seren

Novak+Felton for Lin :)
seren
RealGM
Posts: 19,781
And1: 611
Joined: Jul 20, 2002
Top

Post#29 Re: Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS"
Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:49 pm by Falstaffxx

seren wrote:Novak+Felton for Lin :)


+1 :P
Falstaffxx
Banned User
Posts: 9,155
And1: 164
Joined: Sep 27, 2010
Top

Post#30 Re: Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS"
Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:43 pm by mpharris36

Falstaffxx wrote:
seren wrote:Novak+Felton for Lin :)


+1 :P



Image

yeah........no thanks
god shammgod wrote:i told these fools from chicago that them marinara filled swimming pools they call pizza would do them in.


***dead***
mpharris36



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 22,562
And1: 3,750
Joined: Nov 3, 2010
Top

Post#31 Re: Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS"
Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:30 pm by johnnywishbone

Trevor Ariza is interesting because he can guard Lebron.

Always been a Wilson Chandler fan and I think the fact that he can guard the four spot as well or better than Melo means you could start him and let Melo guard the three. Which would save Melo some wear-and-tear.

Amazing how many ex-Knicks are playing at a high level.

David Lee is having a great year but I still prefer Stat and he would move Melo out of the four which is the same problem with Stat. Same thing with Z-Bo. Crawford is having a good year but JR is just as good if not better. Gallo is having a very good year and I could see him being a good addition too.

And Lin vs Felton is kind of a six half dozen thing to me.
Play time is over.
johnnywishbone
General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 9,332
And1: 1,128
Joined: Sep 4, 2009
Location: In the land where palm trees sway...
Top

Post#32 Re: Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS"
Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:04 pm by Johnny Hoops

Obviously the Shump love on our board is almost 100% unanimous.

So - if we ever entertain the thought of trading Shump it would most likely be for 1 of 2 reasons.

1) To package him with Amare in order to get something of value and get out of Amare's deal
2) To trade him for another young stud that fits our overall roster needs better.

If you think about it -- without IMAN we are actually still set at the SG position with JKidd starting and JR coming off the bench.

I think one of our biggest weak points is the back-up PG -- a true legit player that can put pressure on the D & get into the paint like Felton. Both Kidd and Prigioni don't fit that bill at this point in their careers.

Who would do Shump for Eric Bledsoe?

He'd be great fit behind Felton this year and we'd have very solid 4 guard rotation.

With Paul/Billups Clips may look to deal Bledsoe --- if they have a weak-point on the roster it's at starting shooting guard with Willie Green. Though I just remembered Grant Hill is just coming back.

I love Shump but I also really like Bledsoe.
Johnny Hoops
General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 7,632
And1: 605
Joined: Nov 28, 2005
Top

Post#33 Re: Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS"
Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:08 pm by GONYK

Johnny Hoops wrote:Obviously the Shump love on our board is almost 100% unanimous.

So - if we ever entertain the thought of trading Shump it would most likely be for 1 of 2 reasons.

1) To package him with Amare in order to get something of value and get out of Amare's deal
2) To trade him for another young stud that fits our overall roster needs better.

If you think about it -- without IMAN we are actually still set at the SG position with JKidd starting and JR coming off the bench.

I think one of our biggest weak points is the back-up PG -- a true legit player that can put pressure on the D & get into the paint like Felton. Both Kidd and Prigioni don't fit that bill at this point in their careers.

Who would do Shump for Eric Bledsoe?

He'd be great fit behind Felton this year and we'd have very solid 4 guard rotation.

With Paul/Billups Clips may look to deal Bledsoe --- if they have a weak-point on the roster it's at starting shooting guard with Willie Green. Though I just remembered Grant Hill is just coming back.

I love Shump but I also really like Bledsoe.


Kidd and JR is not set at the 2 when Kidd is 40 and JR is streaky

I wouldn't do Shump for Bledsoe. They are both SG's, except one is 6'5" and the other is barely 6'1".
Image

I will not trade future draft picks for past draft busts
GONYK


Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
User avatar
Posts: 40,572
And1: 3,655
Joined: Jun 27, 2003
Top

Post#34 Re: Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS"
Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:27 pm by aj49689

Amare for P.Ewing
Novak for J.Starks
Brewer for new water boy. Sign K-mart.
If you want, to destroy my sweater. Pull this "Thread" as I walk away.



CARROT SOUP!
aj49689



Pro Prospect
User avatar
Posts: 877
And1: 32
Joined: Apr 28, 2012
Top

Post#35 Re: Knicks-Related Trade "THOUGHTS"
Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:27 pm by delvec19

Not trading Shump for anyone unless we are blown away.

Wonder what it would take to get Ariza or Wilson back though.


JR Novak and Brewer for Chandler and Faried....haha.
delvec19




Starter
User avatar
Posts: 2,206
And1: 410
Joined: Jun 16, 2008
Location: NJ
Top

Next

Return to New York Knicks


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: canibaljay, DaGawd, Google [Bot], greenhughes, gucci-melo, Invictus, Klondike Bar, Melo_5, OnlyInNY, Ralphy3699