ImageImageImageImageImage

Carmelo Anthony named all-star starter. KG over Tyson.

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

smith2373
General Manager
And1: 1,723

Re: Carmelo Anthony named all-star starter. KG over Tyson. 

Post#61 » by smith2373 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:43 pm

JustCame wrote:
GoodAzzGame_NYK wrote:
JustCame wrote:
KGs defense >>> Tysons defense

how so?

besides a few games this year where he didn't show up tyson is still the reining defensive player of the year and does much more

who blocks more shots - tyson
who gets more rebounds - tyson
who is he better post defender - tyson

garnett is probably the better help defender but that about it.

Look at the team defenses. Garnett anchors the Celtics and Tyson anchors the Knicks. Key difference? KG's Celtics are 7th in Points Allowed and Tyson's Knicks are 12th. The Celtics are more like a top 5 defense but they're last in the league in rebounds.

The Celtics are a top 3 defense statistically when KG's on the floor, the only reason why their rank is so low for their standards is because the defense, especially in the interior, falls apart when he goes to the bench.

Personally, even as a Celtics fan, I don't think KG should be starting. Joakim Noah should've been starting at center for the East.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,055

Post#62 » by Tron Carter » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:07 am

The Celtics are also a 7th seed and Garnett is getting out rebounded by Brook Lopez
R.I.P Black Mamba
smith2373
General Manager

Post#63 » by smith2373 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:14 am

So? KG hasn't been a strong rebounder in years. He was a 8-9 rebound guy playing over 30 minutes, now that he's playing under 30 he averages 7.

Brook Lopez is having a great year as well. As is Tyson Chandler. As is Joakim Noah. As is Chris Bosh. As is Horford and Josh Smith. As is Kevin Garnett.

There's a lot of bigs in the East having great years. No matter how you slice it, there's gonna be some worthy guys getting snubbed. Sucks, but it is what it is.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,868

Post#64 » by GONYK » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:17 am

We all know Lebron will cry and Bosh will get it.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,589

Post#65 » by Stannis » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:33 am

Knicks should do better in the All-Star voting, considering their market size (look at Boston and LA).

Question, can one person only vote for one forward? For instance, next season, Amar'e is healthy and is playing with Melo. Can someone vote for Melo and Amar'e on the same ballet?

I have never done an All-Star vote, don't want the jury duty.
Free Palestine
smith2373
General Manager

Post#66 » by smith2373 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:39 am

Shpati21 wrote:Knicks should do better in the All-Star voting, considering their market size (look at Boston and LA).

Question, can one person only vote for one forward? For instance, next season, Amar'e is healthy and is playing with Melo. Can someone vote for Melo and Amar'e on the same ballet?

Yes, yes you can.

You can vote for all 5 Knick players if you wanted to.
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,540

Post#67 » by ctorres » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:12 am

Tyson would have made it as a starter had it not been for this forum having completely turned on him.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,592

Post#68 » by knicksNOTslick » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:21 am

It's a popularity contest. It's not even just Boston vs. NY in terms of fan voting. KG has a lot more fans because he was a superstar and was a household name, unlike Tyson. He was always getting votes. I'm not as impressed with Chandler this year but I've always voted for him. I've only voted for Knicks players this year (Melo, Amare, Tyson, Felton) along with Kyrie. It's a popularity contest. You shouldn't vote based on who you think is deserving because let's face it, no one else is.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,592

Post#69 » by knicksNOTslick » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:22 am

Shpati21 wrote:Knicks should do better in the All-Star voting, considering their market size (look at Boston and LA).

Am I the only one who found this funny?
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,589

Post#70 » by Stannis » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:25 am

knicksNOTslick wrote:

Am I the only one who found this funny?

lmao, I was waiting for someone to catch that.

It would def help if lazy fans like me would vote.
Free Palestine
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#71 » by HEZI » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:03 am

All Star game is stupid and has lost its spirit years ago. At the end of the day, it does nothing for the fans as nobody even cares about who wins or loses. Like nobody goes out bragging that the east beat the west or west beat the east. Nobody I know even cares about who has a stronger conference. All Star game is for the little kids, that's it.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,540

Post#72 » by ctorres » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:20 am

It's easy to call the allstar game stupid and chalk it up as a popularity contest. Personally, I feel we failed as a Knicks fanbase. It feels like our online presence peaked in 2011 when we traded votes with Bulls fans to get both Derrick Rose and Amar'e Stoudemire in the starting lineup. The moment I tried to start a thread trying to rally people here into voting Tyson Chandler into the starting lineup, posters completely shot it down and spoke about how terrible Tyson has been this year. If we would have had a better attitude to start the season, Tyson would be the starting allstar center that he deserves to be.

When someone like Charles Barkley, who is seen as a Knicks hater, gives Tyson and JR more credit than actual Knicks fans on here, it really makes me feel like we have to look ourselves in the mirror.

https://twitter.com/BeyondTheBuzzer/sta ... 73/photo/1

Who knows, maybe I'm getting a little too bent out of shape. Tyson did at least come in 5th place among frontcourt players in votes.
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#73 » by HEZI » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:38 am

ctorres wrote:It's easy to call the allstar game stupid and chalk it up as a popularity contest. Personally, I feel we failed as a Knicks fanbase. It feels like our online presence peaked in 2011 when we traded votes with Bulls fans to get both Derrick Rose and Amar'e Stoudemire in the starting lineup. The moment I tried to start a thread trying to rally people here into voting Tyson Chandler into the starting lineup, posters completely shot it down and spoke about how terrible Tyson has been this year. If we would have had a better attitude to start the season, Tyson would be the starting allstar center that he deserves to be.

When someone like Charles Barkley, who is seen as a Knicks hater, gives Tyson and JR more credit than actual Knicks fans on here, it really makes me feel like we have to look ourselves in the mirror.

https://twitter.com/BeyondTheBuzzer/sta ... 73/photo/1

Who knows, maybe I'm getting a little too bent out of shape. Tyson did at least come in 5th place among frontcourt players in votes.

Tyson has a NBA title and an Olympic gold medal, put those on a scale and they outweigh any all star appearance, plain and simple.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards

Return to New York Knicks