ImageImageImageImageImage

Game Thread: NYK @ BOS 8PM Thursday 1/24 on TNT

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

TigOleBitties
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Game Thread: NYK @ BOS 8PM Thursday 1/24 on TNT 

Post#101 » by TigOleBitties » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:30 pm

Smokey9782 wrote:
Sky_Knicks wrote:With the way we've been bullied lately, I have no faith we win this one.

I feel the same way. There's no reason to believe that this team, without Felton, is going to go up to Boston and win a game. I mean geeez, we're not the Bulls or something.

the **** is that supposed to mean?

The reason to believe that this team can go to BOS tomorrow and win is simple: the Knicks are a much better team and Boston has lost three in a low including the lowly Cavs and Pistons.
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,128

Post#102 » by waya » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:51 pm

If we even play remotely similar to how we were earlier in the season, we could be on the cusp of a respectable win streak. A win here would certainly set the tone for the next two weeks or so.
Smokey9782
Veteran
And1: 147

Post#103 » by Smokey9782 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:58 pm

TigOleBitties wrote:
Smokey9782 wrote:
Sky_Knicks wrote:With the way we've been bullied lately, I have no faith we win this one.

I feel the same way. There's no reason to believe that this team, without Felton, is going to go up to Boston and win a game. I mean geeez, we're not the Bulls or something.

the **** is that supposed to mean?

The reason to believe that this team can go to BOS tomorrow and win is simple: the Knicks are a much better team and Boston has lost three in a low including the lowly Cavs and Pistons.

Forget the Cavs and Pistons, the Celtics obviously don't get up for those games, which if i was a Celtics fan, would piss me off. That said, they DO get up for games against good teams, or in this case, the Knicks. And the Knicks have yet to prove that they can bring that same intensity to a game against a team that rebounds and plays physical basketball.
CrazyKnicks
General Manager
And1: 1,477

Post#104 » by CrazyKnicks » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:14 pm

Fury wrote:Dude, you said the Heat were your 2nd team!

Ok I've always said I like the Heat and now Nets since they moved to Brooklyn.

How does that not make me a Knick fan? Knicks are clearly my #1 team and the other two mentioned are a distant second and 3rd.

And I watch Bulls games from time to time since I have WGN which puts Bulls games sometimes. What else would yall like to know about me following my fav sport?
H_20
RealGM
And1: 735

Post#105 » by H_20 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:18 pm

For the love of God, can the Knicks please defeat the Celtics???
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,128

Post#106 » by waya » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:32 pm

Crazyknicks wrote:

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,004

Post#107 » by god shammgod » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:34 pm

interesting comments from woodson today

New York Knicks

Alan Hahn

Mike Woodson may have revealed his starting backcourt plans once Raymond Felton returns. More:

When talking about how his team has to endure a little more without Felton (who is targeting Saturday as his return), Woodson pointed to what the rotation may look like when Felton does return.

"Rook can play some point and JR and Melo, they're capable of handling the ball, but, you know, that's not their positions," Woodson said, "so we eventually have to get back to our original point guard and Kidd coming off the bench, Kidd and Pablo doing their jobs coming off the bench. We'll eventually get there."

seems like we're gonna have a shump/felton backcourt eventually. it's my feeling that once camby returns we're gonna see amare start too.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#108 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:40 pm

The back court was obvious, once Shump returned, it's the 3-4 spot that is the issue at this point.

Is Melo at the 4 a true advantage when we're getting killed on the boards, while getting subpar rebounding in that spot?
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,004

Post#109 » by god shammgod » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:45 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:The back court was obvious, once Shump returned, it's the 3-4 spot that is the issue at this point.

Is Melo at the 4 a true advantage when we're getting killed on the boards, while getting subpar rebounding in that spot?

our best stretch came when he was at the 4 but we were all about spacing and the 3 point shot then. the rebounding didn't matter.

here are the 3 options as i see it.
amare back starting
camby back starting
start all 3 of shump, kidd and felton

i think woodson is gonna pick number 1.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#110 » by Sark » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:47 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:The back court was obvious, once Shump returned, it's the 3-4 spot that is the issue at this point.

our best stretch came when he was at the 4 but we were all about spacing and the 3 point shot then. the rebounding didn't matter.

amare back starting
camby back starting

As he should. Amar'e should be starting.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,000

Post#111 » by Pharmcat » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:47 pm

felton shump melo amare tyson should start when healthy
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#112 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:49 pm

god shammgod wrote:

amare back starting
camby back starting

I wouldn't be surprised to see Amare starting tomorrow.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Quick Kick
Banned User
And1: 123

Post#113 » by Quick Kick » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:58 pm

you cant like the Heat and Knicks at the same time. Its blasphemous. Its like being a Celtics fan and liking the Lakers.

i feel sorry for you kids that wrent old enough to experience the wars we had with them. Thats prolly why yall are the way yall are.
Vorikan
Junior
And1: 77

Post#114 » by Vorikan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:03 pm

I think that line-up
Felton-Shump-Melo-Amar'e-Chandler makes the most sense,just cause it didn't worked with D'Antoni in the town,doesn't mean that is never gonna work,it doesn't work between Gasol and Dwight either,cause he is a stupid coach.This unit gives us size,athleticism to run the open floor,great scorers and solid D,Chandler can clean up some Amar'e s trash.

My second unit,when everyone healthy would be Kidd(or Prigs if Jason have a bad night)-JR-Novak/Copeland(again i would try with Steve first,but if three ain't falling,would put Cop in)-K-Mart(If Sheed not gonna be healthy)-Camby

ROTATION:
Felton/Kidd/Prigoni
Shumpert/Smith/Brewer
Melo/Novak/Copeland
STAT/Sheed(Martin)/Melo
Chandler/Camby/Thomas

*Cutting White,signing Martin
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,850

Post#115 » by Fury » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:36 pm

Crazyknicks wrote:

How does that not make me a Knick fan? Knicks are clearly my #1 team and the other two mentioned are a distant second and 3rd.

And I watch Bulls games from time to time since I have WGN which puts Bulls games sometimes. What else would yall like to know about me following my fav sport?

Holy **** you really are an awful fan.

Heat, Nets, and Bulls? smh
PetroNet
Banned User
And1: 136

Post#116 » by PetroNet » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:10 am

god shammgod wrote:

amare back starting
camby back starting

from an outsiders perspective i dont see why they wouldnt start felton/kidd. that combo was lights out earlier. plus i think kidd on the court just ensures everyone gets the ball and the ball keeps moving. it also means that you have 3 knockdown 3 point shooters outside the PnR combo of felton and chandler.

I know it was alot easier to get away with cheating and helping on chandler on the pick and roll the other night with shumpert getting an open 3 instead of kidd or novack or smith.

plus i think shumps energy off the bench could spark the team if they come out sluggish to start the game or half.

just my .02
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Post#117 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:18 am

Fury wrote:
Crazyknicks wrote:

Holy **** you really are an awful fan.

Heat, Nets, and Bulls? smh

I'm telling you, ignore list. He is a troll.
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,917

Post#118 » by NYKinMIA » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:07 am

PetroNet wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

amare back starting
camby back starting

from an outsiders perspective i dont see why they wouldnt start felton/kidd. that combo was lights out earlier. plus i think kidd on the court just ensures everyone gets the ball and the ball keeps moving. it also means that you have 3 knockdown 3 point shooters outside the PnR combo of felton and chandler.

I know it was alot easier to get away with cheating and helping on chandler on the pick and roll the other night with shumpert getting an open 3 instead of kidd or novack or smith.

plus i think shumps energy off the bench could spark the team if they come out sluggish to start the game or half.

just my .02

Just because mods deleted that video you trolled us with the other night, doesn't mean it went unnoticed. So take your .02 back to your board, bitch.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,642

Post#119 » by mpharris36 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:32 am

Crazyknicks wrote:

Bulls, Heat, and Nets.......

B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,267

Post#120 » by Iron Mantis » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:11 am

no felton. no backup bigs. faith in beating good teams....waning.

Return to New York Knicks