ImageImageImageImageImage

Raymond Felton doing non contact drills

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Knickstape1214, Brooklyn_Yards, Thorn, GONYK, Thugger HBC, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, j4remi

User avatar
god shammgod
RealGM
Posts: 59,767
And1: 13,836
Joined: Feb 18, 2006
Location: Stop Making Threads!

Re: Raymond Felton doing non contact drills 

Post#16 » by god shammgod » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:59 pm

falcindor wrote:Enjoy your last few weeks with the Knicks Felton.


this is why you're special.
Image
User avatar
Capn'O
RealGM
Posts: 20,922
And1: 5,366
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: Or whatever...

Re: Raymond Felton doing non contact drills 

Post#17 » by Capn'O » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:06 am

Fat Kat wrote:
"We need our point guard," Knicks center Tyson Chandler told me following the loss to the Nets. "We need him bad. It's not just because it's unfair for Melo to be distracted with point-guard duties, or for Jason Kidd, at 39, to play the minutes he's playing. It's because we need Raymond. He's our catalyst. Plain and simple. I don't know how any of us could feel differently."


Melo isn't the same offensive player when he's having to "think instead of play," as Chandler puts it. Chandler clearly, isn't the same offensive player because he doesn't have anyone getting him the ball. New York's numbers have dissipated in field-goal shooting and three-point shooting. Kidd's minutes have elevated a bit too much and, as a result, the Knicks appear to be nothing more than an average team right now.


http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_ ... ck-quickly


Good article from Smith and good to see the comradeship from Chandler. Absolutely right that we can ill afford to play Kidd so many minutes. Remember when he used to take over games when Ray had lapses?
johnnywishbone wrote:It's amazing. The Raptors win a few games and all of a sudden their fans think they're from Boston.
User avatar
Tron Carter
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,438
And1: 1,949
Joined: Jul 20, 2012
Location: Basketball Purgatory

Re: Raymond Felton doing non contact drills 

Post#18 » by Tron Carter » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:10 am

Fat Kat wrote:
"We need our point guard," Knicks center Tyson Chandler told me following the loss to the Nets. "We need him bad. It's not just because it's unfair for Melo to be distracted with point-guard duties, or for Jason Kidd, at 39, to play the minutes he's playing. It's because we need Raymond. He's our catalyst. Plain and simple. I don't know how any of us could feel differently."


Melo isn't the same offensive player when he's having to "think instead of play," as Chandler puts it. Chandler clearly, isn't the same offensive player because he doesn't have anyone getting him the ball. New York's numbers have dissipated in field-goal shooting and three-point shooting. Kidd's minutes have elevated a bit too much and, as a result, the Knicks appear to be nothing more than an average team right now.


http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_ ... ck-quickly

Tyson is right on the money, as usual...
ibraheim718 wrote:Coming up with ideas to fix this team is like coming up with ideas for world peace.
Never Wrong
Banned User
Posts: 3,780
And1: 491
Joined: Mar 10, 2012
Location: New York, NY
         

Re: Raymond Felton doing non contact drills 

Post#19 » by Never Wrong » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:12 am

GettinitDone wrote:
Never Wrong wrote:5-6 without Felton


If we play like beasts again when Felton is back, we all can pretty much kiss Melo's chance at MVP goodbye.

Real MVPs would make that 5-6 record at least 7-4

Am I supposed to care? Melo could average 8ppg the rest of the season and I wouldn't care as long as we won the title.
User avatar
blueNorange
RealGM
Posts: 34,379
And1: 1,969
Joined: Jul 29, 2005
Location: Free #COLEWORLD
         

Re: Raymond Felton doing non contact drills 

Post#20 » by blueNorange » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:14 am

hope everyone finally knows just how important felton is to this team
Image
empty STAT's plus/minus on the season is -233, he SUCKS!!!
falcindor
General Manager
Posts: 9,525
And1: 91
Joined: May 27, 2001

Re: Raymond Felton doing non contact drills 

Post#21 » by falcindor » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:38 am

god shammgod wrote:
falcindor wrote:Enjoy your last few weeks with the Knicks Felton.


this is why you're special.


It hurts because you know Im right.
User avatar
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
Posts: 23,668
And1: 2,643
Joined: Jun 27, 2010
     

Re: Raymond Felton doing non contact drills 

Post#22 » by AllanHoustonFan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:41 am

falcindor wrote:Enjoy your last few weeks with the Knicks Felton.

You have a nice outlook on life I bet.
#InPhilWeTrust
AggO
Banned User
Posts: 8,600
And1: 478
Joined: Mar 14, 2006

Re: Raymond Felton doing non contact drills 

Post#23 » by AggO » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:50 am

honestly, anyone who doesnt see that we painfully need Felton should just stop watching basketball
User avatar
god shammgod
RealGM
Posts: 59,767
And1: 13,836
Joined: Feb 18, 2006
Location: Stop Making Threads!

Re: Raymond Felton doing non contact drills 

Post#24 » by god shammgod » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:51 am

falcindor wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
falcindor wrote:Enjoy your last few weeks with the Knicks Felton.


this is why you're special.


It hurts because you know Im right.


of course you're right. now tell me what the hell you're even talking about.
Image
User avatar
NYKinMIA
Analyst
Posts: 3,556
And1: 1,670
Joined: Jul 26, 2012
Location: - Jill Martin's thong
 

Re: Raymond Felton doing non contact drills 

Post#25 » by NYKinMIA » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:30 am

^^^
:lol: :lol: :lol: He still thinks we're trading for Jennings...I think.
User avatar
blackstar
Rookie
Posts: 1,037
And1: 31
Joined: Sep 11, 2010
 

Re: Raymond Felton doing non contact drills 

Post#26 » by blackstar » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:46 am

falcindor wrote:Enjoy your last few weeks with the Knicks Felton.


:roll:
User avatar
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 42,097
And1: 5,186
Joined: Jun 27, 2003
   

Re: Raymond Felton doing non contact drills 

Post#27 » by GONYK » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:34 am

GettinitDone wrote:
Never Wrong wrote:5-6 without Felton


If we play like beasts again when Felton is back, we all can pretty much kiss Melo's chance at MVP goodbye.

Real MVPs would make that 5-6 record at least 7-4


Image
Image
User avatar
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 42,097
And1: 5,186
Joined: Jun 27, 2003
   

Re: Raymond Felton doing non contact drills 

Post#28 » by GONYK » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:36 am

falcindor wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
falcindor wrote:Enjoy your last few weeks with the Knicks Felton.


this is why you're special.


It hurts because you know Im right.


How about you ban yourself if we don't trade for Jennings?
Image
User avatar
Red Vines
RealGM
Posts: 21,556
And1: 1,483
Joined: Jun 26, 2005
Location: MKE
     

Re: Raymond Felton doing non contact drills 

Post#29 » by Red Vines » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:37 am

Still can't believe how bad we looked we Ray out, I thought for sure Kidd had more in the tank than what we've seen. Wrong.
User avatar
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
Posts: 23,668
And1: 2,643
Joined: Jun 27, 2010
     

Re: Raymond Felton doing non contact drills 

Post#30 » by AllanHoustonFan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:39 am

Red Vines wrote:Still can't believe how bad we looked we Ray out, I thought for sure Kidd had more in the tank than what we've seen. Wrong.

Kidd hasn't been able to break down the D for a while now.
#InPhilWeTrust
User avatar
Pharmcat
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 43,820
And1: 1,301
Joined: Oct 05, 2002

Re: Raymond Felton doing non contact drills 

Post#31 » by Pharmcat » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:40 am

AllanHoustonFan wrote:
Red Vines wrote:Still can't believe how bad we looked we Ray out, I thought for sure Kidd had more in the tank than what we've seen. Wrong.

Kidd hasn't been able to break down the D for a while now.


kidd is a sg now

no speed to break pg now
blumatic
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,986
And1: 607
Joined: Dec 03, 2011

Re: Raymond Felton doing non contact drills 

Post#32 » by blumatic » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:17 am

Kidd is a good back up point guard. His own point guard play thrives when Felton is on the floor with him.
User avatar
kane
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,349
And1: 1,563
Joined: Dec 30, 2011
     

Re: Raymond Felton doing non contact drills 

Post#33 » by kane » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:55 am

its amazing to me how noone has really brought up the fact that without felton this is pretty much the exact same team as last year pre lin when we had melo running point forward and we all know how well that worked out....
CU_NY09
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,306
And1: 38
Joined: Feb 18, 2012

Re: Raymond Felton doing non contact drills 

Post#34 » by CU_NY09 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:34 am

Good news, looking forward to and curious to see him play some with Amare and Shump.
blumatic
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,986
And1: 607
Joined: Dec 03, 2011

Re: Raymond Felton doing non contact drills 

Post#35 » by blumatic » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:10 am

I know Felton aint no Chris Paul. But the Clippers looks so bad without a legit point guard. A lot of playmaking responsibility is falling on Blake and Caron Butler. It looks bad.

A lot of one on one basketball. No flow.

Return to New York Knicks