yardbarker

OT: WT: Grizzlies to Sign Bill Walker!

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, NoLayupRule, Knickstape1214, Brooklyn_Yards, j4remi, Thugger HBC, GONYK, Thorn, mrpoetryNmotion

Post#21 Re: OT: WT: Grizzlies to Sign Bill Walker!
Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:43 pm by nykballa2k4

BourneNYKFan wrote:
Bran Fast Hands wrote:Because in 2009 when I first started watching the Knicks he came over from Boston and averaged 12 and 3 shooting 43% from 3. He never got the same minutes after that though unfortunately. He also shot 39% from 3 next season so your comments on his 3 point shooting are wildly incorrect and I take offense to those incorrect statements about the great man.


Didn't he average around 15mpg & 35% thereafter? Anyway, he was a medicore player, although a heck of a lot better than Dan Gadzuric whom he got waived for. Needless to say, Gadzuric didn't even leave the bench. Mins will be hard for him on the Grizzlies though, but happy for him....


I liked Gadzuric, but Gadz was actually used for salary purposes and I believe helped us indirectly get Camby this summer (via contract that could be made guaranteed)

These Griz additions are interesting because it looks like something a fan would do. Normally teams bring up some unheard of guys from the D-league. Memphis brought out some veterans in Sasha, Billy and West.


Of note: Walker, Tony Allen and Delonte West were all teammate on the Celtics right?
There is no asterisk on ANY N.B.A. titles.

Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
nykballa2k4
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 15,777
And1: 776
Joined: Jul 25, 2004
Location: There are good players and there are bad players... Then...there's the other guys
Top

Post#22 Re: OT: WT: Grizzlies to Sign Bill Walker!
Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:16 pm by Travis Knight

nykballa2k4 wrote:
BourneNYKFan wrote:
Bran Fast Hands wrote:Because in 2009 when I first started watching the Knicks he came over from Boston and averaged 12 and 3 shooting 43% from 3. He never got the same minutes after that though unfortunately. He also shot 39% from 3 next season so your comments on his 3 point shooting are wildly incorrect and I take offense to those incorrect statements about the great man.


Didn't he average around 15mpg & 35% thereafter? Anyway, he was a medicore player, although a heck of a lot better than Dan Gadzuric whom he got waived for. Needless to say, Gadzuric didn't even leave the bench. Mins will be hard for him on the Grizzlies though, but happy for him....


I liked Gadzuric, but Gadz was actually used for salary purposes and I believe helped us indirectly get Camby this summer (via contract that could be made guaranteed)

These Griz additions are interesting because it looks like something a fan would do. Normally teams bring up some unheard of guys from the D-league. Memphis brought out some veterans in Sasha, Billy and West.


Of note: Walker, Tony Allen and Delonte West were all teammate on the Celtics right?

Looking at their NBA profiles, I do not believe West was ever teammates with Walker and Allen on the Celtics.

Sources:
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/delonte_w ... stats.html

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/bill_walk ... stats.html

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tony_alle ... stats.html
Image

RIP: Sky_Knicks, DocZaius
Travis Knight





Head Coach
User avatar
Posts: 6,767
And1: 337
Joined: Dec 5, 2011
Location: New York, New York
Top

Post#23 Re: OT: WT: Grizzlies to Sign Bill Walker!
Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:55 am by Grinditout



I know Melo misses him lol.
Realgm BAT - Charlotte Hornets

Damian Lillard/DJ Augustin
Tony Allen/Marco Belinelli
Gordon Hayward/Marco Belinelli
Brandon Bass/Kelly Olynyk/Reggie Evans
Omer Asik/Kelly Olynyk

Chase Budinger
Tourre Murry
Greg Oden
Chris Smith
Grinditout
General Manager
User avatar
Posts: 8,464
And1: 427
Joined: Aug 4, 2006
Top

Post#24 Re: OT: WT: Grizzlies to Sign Bill Walker!
Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:23 am by ShumpShump

I'm really hoping these posts are sarcastic. Walker has no place on a winning team which is why he was jobless until a team desperate for warm bodies came calling.
ShumpShump


Bench Warmer
User avatar
Posts: 1,408
And1: 214
Joined: Dec 22, 2011
Top

Post#25 Re: OT: WT: Grizzlies to Sign Bill Walker!
Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:01 am by MaseInYourFace

Sans Injuries that took away explosiveness and with a better work ethic perhaps Walker might have been something but he is not and won't be. He's just another mediocre journeyman.
MaseInYourFace



RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 12,367
And1: 1,310
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
Top

Post#26 Re: OT: WT: Grizzlies to Sign Bill Walker!
Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:34 am by nykballa2k4

Shpati21 wrote:Looking at their NBA profiles, I do not believe West was ever teammates with Walker and Allen on the Celtics.

Sources:
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/delonte_w ... stats.html

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/bill_walk ... stats.html

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tony_alle ... stats.html


West was a C from 04-07
Walker was a C from 08-2010
Allen from 04-2010

So Allen was teammates with both Walker and West but West was dealt 2 seasons before Walker was drafted.
There is no asterisk on ANY N.B.A. titles.

Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
nykballa2k4
RealGM
User avatar
Posts: 15,777
And1: 776
Joined: Jul 25, 2004
Location: There are good players and there are bad players... Then...there's the other guys
Top

Post#27 Re: OT: WT: Grizzlies to Sign Bill Walker!
Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:14 pm by rdogg1026

Haha the Grizzlies are NOT signing Bill Walker. I have no clue where that story came from.

From what I have read all season, Walker is fat and out of shape.
rdogg1026
Banned User
Posts: 2,476
And1: 45
Joined: Jun 30, 2009
Top

Post#28 Re: OT: WT: Grizzlies to Sign Bill Walker!
Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:16 pm by BourneNYKFan

rdogg1026 wrote:Haha the Grizzlies are NOT signing Bill Walker. I have no clue where that story came from.

From what I have read all season, Walker is fat and out of shape.


Brans Fast Hand is probably out having breakfast now and may not take to keenly to this comment. He quoted the following from his sources :D :

"BFH Quote: Bill Walker is in the best shape of his career, been working out like a boss and getting his 3 point shot back. He'll shoot 40% from 3 again, I can guarantee it. He should get a massive ovation from the Garden crowd"
JamesDolan wrote:
I am responding to the uneducated buffoon that couldnt argue his way out of a paper bag...
BourneNYKFan
Senior
User avatar
Posts: 732
And1: 9
Joined: Mar 25, 2012
Location: Around The Corner
Top

Previous

Return to New York Knicks


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ccvle, EL CABRITO, Hemispheres, King of Canada, Knickstape1214, lloydj, matchman, MetaKnick13, NoseBleeds, TheGooseBK