ImageImageImageImageImage

Chicago and Indiana are better

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

NYK_89
Assistant Coach
And1: 72

Re: Chicago and Indiana are better 

Post#161 » by NYK_89 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:11 pm

Guys Refferee bias is what you all want to call Superstar calls and "Home town calls" when Lebron is playing he is THE superstar and Wade is probably the #2 "superstar" on the court. Those are massive problems with the game don't get me wrong but its not some conspiracy, Game 1 against Miami is a perfect example they were at home and had Lebron, why on earth would they be rigging the game for a 30+ point blowout... Thats about as bad for the league as a whole as it gets.

Don't get me wrong i was screaming at the TV and basically lost my mind during game 1 last year but now that a year has passed i can think about it much more calmly. Understand if there is a behind the scenes script the Knicks in the worlds biggest market with Carmelo would be one of it not THE stories they would want.
Sky_Knicks
Banned User
And1: 419

Post#162 » by Sky_Knicks » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:12 pm

Indiana Lmaoooo. Knicks were better last year and are better again this year.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#163 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:12 pm

j4remi wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Remi, my point is clear, i watch sports in it's entirety because of the entertainemnt, not for the competition.

These guys are actors reading a script.

The refs are part of that script, every team faces the same script.

It's WWE with a basketball.

I still can't tell if you're seriously acknowledging the ref bias exists and saying "it's okay I don't watch for the results" or if you're trying to be sarcastic to avoid the fact that you're denying referee bias tbh.

Not bias, the refs are part of the script, it's their job to do what the script promotes.

You can't seriously believe bad calls just come out of nowhere?

As many games as you've watch, you know exactly when the refs are going to kick in, dont pretend like you dont. :lol:
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,436

Post#164 » by j4remi » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:23 pm

NYK_89 wrote:Guys Refferee bias is what you all want to call Superstar calls and "Home town calls" when Lebron is playing he is THE superstar and Wade is probably the #2 "superstar" on the court. Those are massive problems with the game don't get me wrong but its not some conspiracy, Game 1 against Miami is a perfect example they were at home and had Lebron, why on earth would they be rigging the game for a 30+ point blowout... Thats about as bad for the league as a whole as it gets.

Don't get me wrong i was screaming at the TV and basically lost my mind during game 1 last year but now that a year has passed i can think about it much more calmly. Understand if there is a behind the scenes script the Knicks in the worlds biggest market with Carmelo would be one of it not THE stories they would want.

Yeah, no one's acknowledging that there's a script...but the League knows which storylines are most profitable and they build around superstars. If you have the "superstar", your opponent is facing an uphill battle. I think that'll be the biggest issue for Indy. If Rose is healthy, there's a clear hierarchy of which guys will get big promotion and the refs will be calling defense on them much more tightly then defense against a guy like Shump. Bron then Rose then Melo/Deron...that's the hierarchy in the East and it's clear by the marketing campaigns.

Obviously there's no script but anyone pretending that there's no such thing as referee bias is missing something. Since the Kings v Lakers in '02 I've been skeptical as hell. Kings v Lakers game 6, a joke.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XmeA5VmhX4[/youtube]
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,004

Post#165 » by god shammgod » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:24 pm

i think refs are just like most people. they don't really care about how well they do their job.
Mr_Perfect
Head Coach
And1: 2,931

Post#166 » by Mr_Perfect » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:25 pm

Sky_Knicks wrote:Indiana Lmaoooo. Knicks were better last year and are better again this year.

Good post.

Unfortunately the Knicks were not better last year, because they finished with a worse record and were bounced out in the first round.
NYK_89
Assistant Coach

Post#167 » by NYK_89 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:26 pm

j4remi wrote:
NYK_89 wrote:Guys Refferee bias is what you all want to call Superstar calls and "Home town calls" when Lebron is playing he is THE superstar and Wade is probably the #2 "superstar" on the court. Those are massive problems with the game don't get me wrong but its not some conspiracy, Game 1 against Miami is a perfect example they were at home and had Lebron, why on earth would they be rigging the game for a 30+ point blowout... Thats about as bad for the league as a whole as it gets.

Yeah, no one's acknowledging that there's a script...but the League knows which storylines are most profitable and they build around superstars. If you have the "superstar", your opponent is facing an uphill battle. I think that'll be the biggest issue for Indy. If Rose is healthy, there's a clear hierarchy of which guys will get big promotion and the refs will be calling defense on them much more tightly then defense against a guy like Shump. Bron then Rose then Melo/Deron...that's the hierarchy in the East and it's clear by the marketing campaigns.

Obviously there's no script but anyone pretending that there's no such thing as referee bias is missing something. Since the Kings v Lakers in '02 I've been skeptical as hell. Kings v Lakers game 6, a joke.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XmeA5VmhX4[/youtube]

Well yeah i can agree with the general basis but again that is just the superstars getting the superstar calls... I just have a hard time believing there is actual foul play at hand.. Come on with the '02 Lakers though that referee is in jail for that right now man, no debating those calls :lol:

Edit: Welll i watched the video and i see it was not just pointing out bad calls, but ehhh it also sounds like a guy scraping for court leniency, forgot he actually said the NBA told him to rig it. I just think more people would have come out and said it
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#168 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:31 pm

Tim exposed the script, there was no bias.

What got him into trouble is what he was doing behind the scenes of games.

You guys will eventually understand its just entertainment

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,436

Post#169 » by j4remi » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:32 pm

NYK_89 wrote:Well yeah i can agree with the general basis but again that is just the superstars getting the superstar calls... I just have a hard time believing there is actual foul play at hand.. Come on with the '02 Lakers though that referee is in jail for that right now man, no debating those calls :lol:

That's the crazy thing, he didn't ref that game...He bet (or fed bets to others) almost exclusively on games he didn't call but still hit on a ridiculous percentage of the games. The league isn't completely rigged, but the refs have clear biases and Donaghy exploited it to the fullest. Beating Bron...just like beating Jordan, is an uphill battle and the referee bias makes the incline even steeper.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
daschysta
Assistant Coach
And1: 347

Post#170 » by daschysta » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:32 pm

Sky_Knicks wrote:Indiana Lmaoooo. Knicks were better last year and are better again this year.

Indiana is 24-12 over their last 36 games and 22-10 over the last 32, what is New York over the last 26, 14-12? Indiana is also missing their best offensive player, who they were a top 10 offense with last season, oh, and they also have the number 1 defense in the NBA. New York loses tonight they are .5 games back and will likely end up with a better record. Also there is no sensible argument for NY over that Pacers last time, that's just stupid. Pacers had a way better record and had a way better playoff showing.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,004

Post#171 » by god shammgod » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:33 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Tim exposed the script, there was no bias.

well can they let the knicks win already. because i am not entertained.
NYK_89
Assistant Coach

Post#172 » by NYK_89 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:36 pm

daschysta wrote:

Indiana is 24-12 over their last 36 games and 22-10 over the last 32, what is New York over the last 26, 14-12? Indiana is also missing their best offensive player, who they were a top 10 offense with last season, oh, and they also have the number 1 defense in the NBA. New York loses tonight they are .5 games back and will likely end up with a better record. Also there is no sensible argument for NY over that Pacers last time, that's just stupid. Pacers had a way better record and had a way better playoff showing.

:lol: As i said earlier in the thread when we faced on January 10th you we were up 2 games in the loss we are now up 3 after a terrible loss going into the break. There are arguments both ways but why fans seem to think that their hot streak being in December rather then November makes them automatically better is confusing at best. As i said in that General Board post last night we have equal margins of victory over our last 25 games so there is that as well. Lets see how Granger works himself back but im not incredibly high on either team yet...

Also you got lucky as **** with Bosh going down, and lets face it that is the only difference in our 2 series. we lost 4-1 you lost 4-2 we had bosh playing against us. He put up 13 points in the 16 min he played against you, just let that sink in, not to mention chandler was worthless with his Flu and it killed us or just how much better we are this year (7th seed vs 2) anyways i really hope you are not talking about beating orlando because the bobcats would have had a shot at doing that.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#173 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:40 pm

Guys, look how hard the media and the like are trying so hard to put LeBron on Jordan's level after one single ring.

The script is being written.

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#174 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:45 pm

god shammgod wrote:

I think they missed the boat during Jordan's "retirement".

Ironically though, the Knicks don't have to win.

Being good is crucial though.

KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#175 » by KnicksScholar24 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:02 pm

NYK_89 wrote:
KnicksScholar24 wrote:Then you have the low goals set by the Knicks head coach. All he wants the Knicks to do is lead their division in the regular season. As if that is some type of significant accomplishment. If the Knicks drops to 4th or 5th in the conference, it's all good as long as they win the Atlantic. Also the Knicks play better opponents and more road games for their remaining 30-40 games.

This might be the single most absurd criticism of a coach i have ever seen in my 2 years here.... What the literal ****. :roll:

Absurd? When the Knicks suck and lose games, Woodson ALWAYS mentions that he's fine with it because they are leading the Atlantic division. He states over and over that his goal is to win the Atlantic division. I don't think I've ever heard him metion that his goals for the team is to make it to win a championship or even make it to the NBA Finals. It's always, we are trying to win our division and we'll see what happens. The Knicks have enough talent and experiences to want more than just winning the Atlantic division in the regular season. If they keep playing like they have been lately and their coach is cool with their "defensive" slippage as long as they're leading their division, that Atlantic division goal is going to slip by them.

If he really had high aspirations, he wouldn't downplay every loss due to poor effort and poor exection, with "I'm happy where we are at. We have a few players out. We wanted to win the Atlantic and we are doing that now." (paraphased).

I understand his wanting to keep the bar low with the media, so in case he fails (like the Knicks losing in the first round again), his job is safe, because he meet (or came close) to meeting his goal for the team.
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,880

Post#176 » by GONYK » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:05 pm

KnicksScholar24 wrote:Absurd? When the Knicks suck and lose games, Woodson ALWAYS mentions that he's fine with it because they are leading the Atlantic division. He states over and over that his goal is to win the Atlantic division. I don't think I've ever heard him metion that his goals for the team is to make it to win a championship or even make it to the NBA Finals. It's always, we are trying to win our division and we'll see what happens. The Knicks have enough talent and experiences to just want to win the Atlantic division in the regular season. If they keep playing like they have been lately and their coach is cool with their "defensive" slippage as long as they're leading their division, that Atlantic division goal is going to slip by them.

If he really had high aspirations, he would downplay every loss due to poor effort and poor exection, with "I'm happy where we are at. We have a few players out. We wanted to win the Atlantic and we are doing that now." (paraphased).

I understand his wanting to keep the bar low with the media, so in case he fails (like the Knicks losing in the first round again), his job is safe, because he meet (or came close) to meeting his goal for the team.

You clearly haven't been paying attention. He's stated plenty of times that our ultimate goal is a championship.

And Woodson only talks about winning the Atlantic division because that is our regular season goal.

Can't think about playoffs until you get through the regular season. One thing at a time.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,000

Post#177 » by Pharmcat » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:42 pm

threads like this prove nothing
we can talk back and forth all night long

but at the end, it'll be decided in the POs
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 37,861

Post#178 » by KnicksGod » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:06 pm

god shammgod wrote:

lol. He hates everybody but I love this guy.
NYK_89
Assistant Coach

Post#179 » by NYK_89 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:08 pm

KnicksScholar24 wrote:
NYK_89 wrote:
KnicksScholar24 wrote:Then you have the low goals set by the Knicks head coach. All he wants the Knicks to do is lead their division in the regular season. As if that is some type of significant accomplishment. If the Knicks drops to 4th or 5th in the conference, it's all good as long as they win the Atlantic. Also the Knicks play better opponents and more road games for their remaining 30-40 games.

This might be the single most absurd criticism of a coach i have ever seen in my 2 years here.... What the literal ****. :roll:

Absurd? When the Knicks suck and lose games, Woodson ALWAYS mentions that he's fine with it because they are leading the Atlantic division. He states over and over that his goal is to win the Atlantic division. I don't think I've ever heard him metion that his goals for the team is to make it to win a championship or even make it to the NBA Finals. It's always, we are trying to win our division and we'll see what happens. The Knicks have enough talent and experiences to just want to win the Atlantic division in the regular season. If they keep playing like they have been lately and their coach is cool with their "defensive" slippage as long as they're leading their division, that Atlantic division goal is going to slip by them.

If he really had high aspirations, he would downplay every loss due to poor effort and poor exection, with "I'm happy where we are at. We have a few players out. We wanted to win the Atlantic and we are doing that now." (paraphased).

Lol dude that is just wording, coaches do this literally all the time man in every sport.. Its a way of keeping people focused through the season.
StephNYKurry
General Manager
And1: 2,198

Post#180 » by StephNYKurry » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:21 pm

Listen man, if you exclude the previous game where we didn't have our full compliment of players

First game this year: Knicks in a walk
The last game between the two teams last year: Knicks up double digits in the fourth only to blow the lead
And the back to back: Two lopsided Knick wins, one of which the Knicks were up 30 at the end of 3

Ain't nobody gonna tell be that the Pacers are better than the Knicks. Just not buying it.
What do I care...it's rigged anyway

Return to New York Knicks