ImageImageImageImageImage

Chicago and Indiana are better

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NYK_89
Assistant Coach
And1: 72

Re: Chicago and Indiana are better 

Post#141 » by NYK_89 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:45 pm

seren wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
seren wrote:
Have you seen game 2? If refs didn't intervene, there wouldn't be a game 6. End of story.

You mean the game with no Bosh and Rondo going 45 and 10?

Did you watch the game? Rondo won the game for Boston. Refs took it away. It was beyond absurdity. You can't do much when refs get involved. When they get involved, there is little you can do.

Yeah and Lebron probably just goes insane and wins the series starting in the 5th game then man. Celtics just didn't have the talent
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,214

Post#142 » by KnicksGod » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:45 pm

seren wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
seren wrote:
Of course there is no question that Miami is the team to beat in the league. But that really doesn't say much. There are teams that are clearly better matchup against them. I think we matchup with them better than any other team in the East.

Maybe. I don't know. What I feel and believe is that as currently constructed, our chances of beating Miami in a 7-game playoff is less than 20% and probably less than 10%.

I don't like putting percentages. But I can easily tell you that among all Eastern Conference opponents of Miami, we easily have the best chance to eliminate them on a 7-game playoff series.

That might be true. Chicago and New York close but maybe we have an edge if only because we already know that a healthy Bulls team couldn't get it done versus the Heat, while we have never really had that shot. We have the benefit of being more of an unknown.

That said, even if we have the best shot, it's not by much ... and you could argue that the 2nd through 8th seeds are within a pretty narrow range of their odds to beat Miami. The difference from 2nd to 8th is not dramatic.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#143 » by j4remi » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:46 pm

I'm just gonna be honest, I don't feel like getting too deep into a rhetoric filled conversation about who's "better" and why. All I'll say is that the only team I don't look at with confidence over the course of a 7 game series is the Heat and they're the one team of the bunch we've dominated this season.

The playoffs are a different breed of animal and the Pacers biggest weapon in most of their playoff successes has been a total dud this year. The Bulls are always gonna be a tough out, but unless D-Rose gets back to 100% rapidly, I think Melo rises to the occasion. In the post season, having the best player on the court is an even bigger advantage than in the regular season (where an off night means you lose and it's on to the next opponent)...against any team that isn't the Heat, we have that (at least in the Eastern Conference).
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#144 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:46 pm

seren wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
seren wrote:
Have you seen game 2? If refs didn't intervene, there wouldn't be a game 6. End of story.

You mean the game with no Bosh and Rondo going 45 and 10?

Did you watch the game? Rondo won the game for Boston. Refs took it away. It was beyond absurdity. You can't do much when refs get involved. When they get involved, there is little you can do.

So then the Knicks will never ever beat Miami because our star has no ref respect, now we are getting somewhere. :lol:

Never mind the the talent difference or lack thereof, just blame the refs.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,204

Post#145 » by seren » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:49 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:So then the Knicks will never ever beat Miami because our star has no ref respect, now we are getting somewhere. :lol:

I think that is a possibility. I fully expect an all-out referee effort if we end up meeting and the series is close. Heck, what those clowns did last year in the very first game was pretty brutal.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#146 » by KnicksGod » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:52 pm

seren wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:So then the Knicks will never ever beat Miami because our star has no ref respect, now we are getting somewhere. :lol:

I think that is a possibility. I fully expect an all-out referee effort if we end up meeting and the series is close. Heck, what those clowns did last year in the very first game was pretty brutal.

That first game was unreal as far as officiating goes.
NYK_89
Assistant Coach

Post#147 » by NYK_89 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:53 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
seren wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:

Maybe. I don't know. What I feel and believe is that as currently constructed, our chances of beating Miami in a 7-game playoff is less than 20% and probably less than 10%.

I don't like putting percentages. But I can easily tell you that among all Eastern Conference opponents of Miami, we easily have the best chance to eliminate them on a 7-game playoff series.

That might be true. Chicago and New York close but maybe we have an edge if only because we already know that a healthy Bulls team couldn't get it done versus the Heat, while we have never really had that shot. We have the benefit of being more of an unknown.

That said, even if we have the best shot, it's not by much ... and you could argue that the 2nd through 8th seed are within a pretty narrow range of chances to beat Miami. The difference from 2nd to 8th is not dramatic.

Ehhh barring injuries changing the landscape i think Kincks and Pacers are the only ones with any hope.... After seeing what they did to Chicago 2 years ago I'm not seeing it.

However i would argue that the Nets Knicks Pacers and Bulls if rose gets back are a pretty clear step above the Celtics Bucks Hawks Raptors etc
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#148 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:53 pm

seren wrote:

Yeah especially considering we were winning in that game before the refs turned it up a notch.

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#149 » by j4remi » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:53 pm

I don't think the playing field is level in an NBA playoff game, that's for damn sure. There's a clear agenda and I think any team that plays the Heat or OKC over a 7 game span will have to play perfect ball to get survive the combination of Bron being Bron, talent and whistles (which took Hibbert out of games in unbelievable fashion and handed the Heat victories in a handful of key moments...the clear push on KD being easily recognizable and memorable).
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

NYK_89
Assistant Coach

Post#150 » by NYK_89 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:54 pm

j4remi wrote:

I don't think the playing field is level in an NBA playoff game, that's for damn sure. There's a clear agenda and I think any team that plays the Heat or OKC over a 7 game span will have to play perfect ball to get survive the combination of Bron being Bron, talent and whistles (which took Hibbert out of games in unbelievable fashion and handed the Heat victories in a handful of key moments...the clear push on KD being easily recognizable and memorable).

I'd think the Knicks and heat playing some 7 game series in the WCF or something of the sort is exactly what the league would want.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#151 » by j4remi » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:55 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Yeah especially considering we were winning in that game before the refs turned it up a notch.

Not sure if you're implying referee bias didn't exist for the Heat or that they were so good it wouldn't have mattered in the myriad games where they made game changing calls?
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#152 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:56 pm

Why do you guys watch the NBA if yall think it's rigged?

I love yall but i have never seen a fanbase whine about calls so much, as if the entire league doesn't have that issue.

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#153 » by KnicksGod » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:56 pm

NYK_89 wrote:Ehhh barring injuries changing the landscape i think Kincks and Pacers are the only ones with any hope.... After seeing what they did to Chicago 2 years ago I'm not seeing it.

However i would argue that the Nets Knicks Pacers and Bulls if rose gets back are a pretty clear step above the Celtics Bucks Hawks Raptors etc

I'd say no to that until the Knicks show at least some sustained good ball, if not a complete return to the earlier play of the season. I'd have to see another good month of high-quality basketball to think you're right.

What we've seen recently is a loss to a bad team just about every week (Wizards, Raptors, lucky to win in Minnesota, etc.).

Knicks are really living off their hot start. Been mediocre since.

Playoffs are not the regular season, sure, on the one hand, but also -- you don't just go from losing to the Wizards and struggling against the Wolves to beating Miami, on the other hand.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#154 » by j4remi » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:57 pm

NYK_89 wrote:
j4remi wrote:

I'd think the Knicks and heat playing some 7 game series in the WCF or something of the sort is exactly what the league would want.

They'll be gunning for D. Rose and his Bulls finally getting a shot at the Heat which he was primed to defeat last season. I think that'll be the storyline they most want.

Follow that up with Bron v Durant which is the real dream match-up and you have the Knicks/Pacers and Clippers/Spurs as the teams most likely to see some questionable calls on their attempts at a big run.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#155 » by KnicksGod » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:57 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Why do you guys watch the NBA if yall think it's rigged?

I love yall but i have never seen a fanbase whine about calls so much, as if the entire league doesn't have that issue.

Game 1 in Miami last season was unbelievable, and I don't complain about reffing that much. It was unbelievable.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,204

Post#156 » by seren » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:58 pm

j4remi wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Yeah especially considering we were winning in that game before the refs turned it up a notch.

Not sure if you're implying referee bias didn't exist for the Heat or that they were so good it wouldn't have mattered in the myriad games where they made game changing calls?

Well said.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#157 » by j4remi » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:59 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Why do you guys watch the NBA if yall think it's rigged?

You must have missed the C's fans and Thunder fans after they were respectively jobbed. We watch because of the rare moments when talent transcends, but if you don't think there's referee bias and you think this is just noise...I think you've got blinders on. I'm not even just talking about the Knicks here, there are examples in every series the Heat were involved in and there's plenty in other seasons as well...D-Wade vs Dallas is the most obvious travesty in the last decade. You thought those games were officiated fairly?
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#158 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:02 pm

Remi, my point is clear, i watch sports in it's entirety because of the entertainemnt, not for the competition.

These guys are actors reading a script.

The refs are part of that script, every team faces the same script.

It's WWE with a basketball.

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#159 » by j4remi » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:07 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Remi, my point is clear, i watch sports in it's entirety because of the entertainemnt, not for the competition.

These guys are actors reading a script.

The refs are part of that script, every team faces the same script.

It's WWE with a basketball.

I still can't tell if you're seriously acknowledging the ref bias exists and saying "it's okay I don't watch for the results" or if you're trying to be sarcastic to avoid the fact that you're denying referee bias tbh.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

NYK_89
Assistant Coach

Post#160 » by NYK_89 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:08 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
NYK_89 wrote:Ehhh barring injuries changing the landscape i think Kincks and Pacers are the only ones with any hope.... After seeing what they did to Chicago 2 years ago I'm not seeing it.

I'd say no to that until the Knicks show at least some sustained good ball, if not a complete return to the earlier play of the season. I'd have to see another good month of high-quality basketball to think you're right.

What we've seen recently is a loss to a bad team just about every week (Wizards, Raptors, lucky to win in Minnesota, etc.).

Knicks are really living off their hot start. Been mediocre since.

Playoffs are not the regular season, sure, on the one hand, but also -- you don't just go from losing to the Wizards and struggling against the Wolves to beating Miami, on the other hand.

Yeah but nearly every team is living off some sort of Hot stretch, the Pacers started off terrible got incredibly hot and have been playing just like us ever since then, we were up 2 in the loss when we last played and are actually up 3 now and thats after we lost 2 in a row going into the break.

Honestly i can just about gurantee that we will get better for the playoffs, now are we going to play like early season, probably not. While players like Kidd, Sheed, Camby, JR, Brewer(lol) are legit concerns as to whether we will see that player again this season i have little doubt that at least Chandler and Melo are dogging it a bit now. There is little doubt that this team is playing without a sense of urgency, also we have seen Kidd look terrible for the season for 3 straight years then play worlds better in the playoffs. Honestly we need a pattycake team like the Bucks or Hawks in the first round that we can smash and get some rest before the next round, that may be the biggest key to the season for me.

Return to New York Knicks