ImageImageImageImageImage

Chicago and Indiana are better

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

fdr2012
Banned User
And1: 70

Re: Chicago and Indiana are better 

Post#21 » by fdr2012 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:41 am

Butch718 wrote:Chicago sucks so bad that they're only 4 games back in the loss column out of second place minus their superstar in Rose. They only happen to have one of the league's top defenses too. The way some of you guys underestimate certain teams is laughable.

I wish I could ban some of you guys for sheer stupidity.

The way that some of you overestimate the Bulls is laughable. People talk about them as if they were some superteam that cannot be beat, while the facts are that they get destroyed by any and every good team that they face (other than the Knicks). Watch them lose by 20+ again to the Heat on Thursday.

The sad part is that all of you guys admiring the Bulls right now will crawl back into your holes after they get eliminated in the first round and then come back with the exact same arguments next season.
fdr2012
Banned User

Post#22 » by fdr2012 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:45 am

Butch718 wrote:Didn't you know? 31-22 qualifies as being a scrub team. :lol:

You just can't stop posters from embarrassing themselves on this forum.

No. 31-22 is a superteam that cannot be beat. We should concede right now. So should every other team that plays them.

Also didn't you know that 31-22 > >>> 32-18??? Don't you know basic math? Talk about embarrassing yourself.

LOL.

People on the Knicks board admiring the Bulls. SMH. Makes we want to puke. Why don't you go hang a Derrick Rose poster over your bed. Pathetic.
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,574

Post#23 » by Butch718 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:49 am

Except Chicago beat the Heat in Miami back in January. But let's simply ignore that fact to fit your narrative about how much they suck. 31-22 without their superstar. They really suck man.
Butch718
RealGM

Post#24 » by Butch718 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:51 am

fdr2012 wrote:
Butch718 wrote:Didn't you know? 31-22 qualifies as being a scrub team. :lol:

You just can't stop posters from embarrassing themselves on this forum.

No. 31-22 is a superteam that cannot be beat. We should concede right now. So should every other team that plays them.

Also didn't you know that 31-22 > >>> 32-18??? Don't you know basic math? Talk about embarrassing yourself.

LOL.

People on the Knicks board admiring the Bulls. SMH. Makes we want to puke. Why don't you go hang a Derrick Rose poster over your bed. Pathetic.

Dude, I hate attacking posters but you're a **** idiot. I'm simply making the point that they aren't a scrub team. 31-22 is a respectable record. They've managed to stay afloat and competitive despite Rose not being in the lineup all year. But yet you continue to make an ass of yourself because you're arrogant enough to call a team like Chicago scrubs. Yet, that team handed our asses to us 3 times. But you continue to ignore this fact because it doesn't fit into your narrative.

And I had no idea that giving props to another team was a bad thing. Perhaps that's because we take bias out of the equation when analyzing other teams.
Butch718
RealGM

Post#25 » by Butch718 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:52 am

Why am I even bothering. Everyone else in this thread can see how much of a joke you are. There's no point trying to debate with a homer like you.
fdr2012
Banned User

Post#26 » by fdr2012 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:02 am

Butch718 wrote:Except Chicago beat the Heat in Miami back in January. But let's simply ignore that fact to fit your narrative about how much they suck. 31-22 without their superstar. They really suck man.

Do you realize that other than the Knicks, the only teams over .500 that they beat were Brooklyn (once), Boston (twice), Miami (once) and Atlanta (twice). Making them out to be some superteam, like you and others are doing is beyond laughable.

Yes, they are a playoff team, but not anything beyond that.
fdr2012
Banned User

Post#27 » by fdr2012 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:05 am

Butch718 wrote:Why am I even bothering. Everyone else in this thread can see how much of a joke you are. There's no point trying to debate with a homer like you.

How long have you been a Knicks fan? I'm guessing that no longer than a couple of years. If you don't know why the Bulls are not just "another team" and why being a Knicks fan and giving "props" to the Bulls (which they do not deserve) does not belong together, then there is no point in this debate.

The biggest joke are people calling themselves "Knicks fans" and admiring the Bulls. That;s pathetic.
Butch718
RealGM

Post#28 » by Butch718 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:28 am

Actually I'm in my early 30's and have been a die hard fan since Riley took over the team during the early 90's. That's over 20 years. But I guess when you have nothing to stand on, play the how long have you been a Knicks fan card. :lol:

And man you are really daft. Re-read my posts. I'm simply stating(yet again) that they aren't scrubs. I'm not claiming that they're a super team. They're a well coach squad that's managed to stay afloat with a respectful record minus Rose. How many times do I have to write this before it gets through to your head.

But I guess making these statements qualifies as "admiring" instead of simply being objective commentary. I know, pathetic right? :roll:
Butch718
RealGM

Post#29 » by Butch718 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:45 am

fdr2012 wrote:Do you realize that other than the Knicks, the only teams over .500 that they beat were Brooklyn (once), Boston (twice), Miami (once) and Atlanta (twice). Making them out to be some superteam, like you and others are doing is beyond laughable.

Yes, they are a playoff team, but not anything beyond that.

I see what you did there. They're a playoff team now. Not just a bunch of scrubs. Gotcha. :wink:

Add Golden State and Utah as .500 plus teams that they've beaten.

Didn't you just post this earlier?

People here are delusional. Bulls lost to just about every .500 team other than us.

Other than 2 games against us, they suck and they get torn apart by any and every decent team. Chicago is not a good basketball team.

Way to contradict your previous posts. I thought they lost to just about every .500 team other than us? I thought they got torn apart by any and every decent team? You do realize all those teams you listed that the Bulls have beaten constitute the majority of the best teams in the Eastern Conference. The only team with an above .500 record in the East that they haven't beaten is Indiana.

Anyway, I can't wait to see you backtrack out of this one.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#30 » by Sark » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:54 am

I am not certain both teams are better, but I am certain that they are better coached.
Brooklyn_Yards
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,322

Post#31 » by Brooklyn_Yards » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:55 am

Chicago and Indy are better coached. We're better offensively but we were also better than most teams offensively under Pringles.
BAT 14.0 Utah Jazz
PG: Toney Parker
SG: Jimmy Butler
SF:
PF:
C: Nikola Vucevic
Butch718
RealGM

Post#32 » by Butch718 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:56 am

Sark wrote:I am not certain both teams are better, but I am certain that they are better coached.

I think we can beat Indiana in a 7 game series. I think we lose to Chicago with or without Rose. They're just a horrible match up for us.
Leaguepass
Starter
And1: 134

Post#33 » by Leaguepass » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:28 am

Record vs. teams better than .500 :

Bulls 11-15
Knicks 10-11
Pacers 10-13

Sorry but I fail to see how we are doing a whole lot better against strong teams than Indy or Chicago. At least they can point to the fact that their best player hasn't played a single game and that their teams are best and 4th best in defensive efficiency (Knicks 15th).
Indiana , in fact, leads the league in defensive efficiency AND rebounding while Chicago ranks 4th in both categories.

Knicks are 15th in defense and 16th in rebounding.

Knicks beat them both in offensive efficiency but these two teams are both missing their LEADING scorer. Say what you want about Granger but he has proven to be a 20-22points scorer on 44% from the field and 38% from 3. I don't think I need to point out what Rose does for Chicago's offense.

I personally hope we play Milwaukee in the first round and Indy in the second round. I'm more confident in beating Indy (especially with HCA) than Chicago. If we somehow make it to the ECF and Stat plays well and stays healthy, then Grundwald might have a legitimate chance to trade Stat or/and Shumpert for better fitting pieces.
Vorikan
Junior
And1: 77

Post#34 » by Vorikan » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:34 am

Well i can see the Bulls having tons of problems against zone defense,you can put Camby and Chandler down low,and play zone,they have no outside threat,and Shumpert has done pretty good job on Rose last year(that game in the Garden,with Melo clutch shots).
Leaguepass
Starter

Post#35 » by Leaguepass » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:36 am

@fdr: The way you argue and write is very disrespectful. This is a very sane thread/argument and the arguments that were brought about by different guys in this thread are all valid and brought up mostly in a respectful manner. You should do the same instead of ranting and calling out others and their loyalty.

final note on the Bulls: The big question remains whether Rose can regain his form till the start of the playoffs...because if he CAN I'm really astonished as how any Knick fan can feel comfortable playing against a team that has one of the best defenders to put on Anthony,the best or secodn best rebounding frontcourt and a top 3 penetrating guard.....essentially they have the makeup to seriously hurt the Knicks in their vulnerable areas.

Strong rebounding frontcourt,great rotations,make Anthony work for every point + a guard penetrating at will (if healthy)....to me that sounds exactly like a team made up to beat us in a series.
fdr2012
Banned User

Post#36 » by fdr2012 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:38 am

Butch718 wrote:I see what you did there. They're a playoff team now. Not just a bunch of scrubs. Gotcha. :wink:

The standings speak for themselves. The are the 5th seed in the East. We are the second. I'm not sure at what you're trying to say here. The definition of "scrubs" is subjective. I define Deng as "scrub". He's probably an above average player in the league, but I hate his game and I don't think he's a particularly talented basketball player.

Butch718 wrote:Way to contradict your previous posts. I thought they lost to just about every .500 team other than us? I thought they got torn apart by any and every decent team? You do realize all those teams you listed that the Bulls have beaten constitute the majority of the best teams in the Eastern Conference. The only team with an above .500 record in the East that they haven't beaten is Indiana.

If you take out the 3 games they won against us, they are 7-15 against .500 teams. That's not a good record. 30% against .500 teams constitutes "losing to just about every team" in my book.
MSG
Analyst
And1: 88

Post#37 » by MSG » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:38 am

Vorikan wrote:Well i can see the Bulls having tons of problems against zone defense,you can put Camby and Chandler down low,and play zone,they have no outside threat,and Shumpert has done pretty good job on Rose last year(that game in the Garden,with Melo clutch shots).

Who ? :lol:
Leaguepass
Starter

Post#38 » by Leaguepass » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:40 am

Vorikan wrote:Well i can see the Bulls having tons of problems against zone defense,you can put Camby and Chandler down low,and play zone,they have no outside threat,and Shumpert has done pretty good job on Rose last year(that game in the Garden,with Melo clutch shots).

Remains to be seen. Woodson doens't play a whole lot of zone defense but they still have some solid shooters in Robinson(36% from 3)/Bellinelli(39% from 3)/Hinrich(38% from 3) and good midrange shooters in Hamilton and Deng.

We lost to them twice and our team was fired up and circled the date on their calender to take revenge against them on january 10th. Yet the Bulls just walked in and trashed us through most of the game. That a MAJOR red flag.
Leaguepass
Starter

Post#39 » by Leaguepass » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:42 am

fdr2012 wrote:
Butch718 wrote:I see what you did there. They're a playoff team now. Not just a bunch of scrubs. Gotcha. :wink:

The standings speak for themselves. The are the 5th seed in the East. We are the second. I'm not sure at what you're trying to say here. The definition of "scrubs" is subjective. I define Deng as "scrub". He's probably an above average player in the league, but I hate his game and I don't think he's a particularly talented basketball player.

Butch718 wrote:Way to contradict your previous posts. I thought they lost to just about every .500 team other than us? I thought they got torn apart by any and every decent team? You do realize all those teams you listed that the Bulls have beaten constitute the majority of the best teams in the Eastern Conference. The only team with an above .500 record in the East that they haven't beaten is Indiana.

If you take out the 3 games they won against us, they are 7-15 against .500 teams. That's not a good record. 30% against .500 teams constitutes "losing to just about every team" in my book.

Huh, what?Why should one take that out?
fdr2012
Banned User

Post#40 » by fdr2012 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:44 am

Butch718 wrote:Actually I'm in my early 30's and have been a die hard fan since Riley took over the team during the early 90's. That's over 20 years. But I guess when you have nothing to stand on, play the how long have you been a Knicks fan card. :lol:

And man you are really daft. Re-read my posts. I'm simply stating(yet again) that they aren't scrubs. I'm not claiming that they're a super team. They're a well coach squad that's managed to stay afloat with a respectful record minus Rose. How many times do I have to write this before it gets through to your head.

But I guess making these statements qualifies as "admiring" instead of simply being objective commentary. I know, pathetic right? :roll:

There are plenty of well coached teams with respectful records. Boston is also well coached and has a respectful record (only 3 games behind Chicago). Why aren't we talking about them? People here are obsessed with the Bulls and for some reason think they are better than their record, even though their record against .500 teams points out that they are WORSE than their record.

I'm not going to be "objective" about the Bulls, just like I'm not "objective" about Al-Qaeda. I'm also not "objective" about Adam Lanza and a few other things. Sorry, I thought this was the Knicks forum. If you're really 30 and have been a Knicks fan through the 90s and still can't understand this, then there's not much more I can say.

Return to New York Knicks