ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Panic Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,561

Re: Official Panic Thread 

Post#21 » by ctorres » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:48 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFVx-8XLrLY[/youtube]
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,965

Post#22 » by Manhattan Project » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:50 am

When our shooting is off, we sort of suck.
When our shooting is on, we're sort of pretty damn good.
Shooting will come back eventually, the entire team can't go cold for the rest of the season.

That defense on the other hand...
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#23 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:50 am

In no particular order....

1. Woodie has to start Tyson-Amare-Melo-Shump-Ray; he spoke of making it work this offseason now he has to back up his talk.
2. Ray needs to fight over screens. That's killing our defense. Too much switching.
3. Kidd needs a lesser role until the playoffs. He's no longer a starter in the NBA.
4. We need more unselfish play and ball movement....as well as player movement.
5. Woodie needs to toss in a few more sets on offense. He's become too predictable.
6. JR Smith needs to be reigned in...a lot. He needs o be more complete...more of a playmaker.
7. Tyson needs to step it up but in honesty, it's beyond him...the perimeter guys are getting beat night in and night out. We need more urgency on defense.
8. We need to start implementing more zone; that was Dallas' secret weapon with Tyson at the top.
9. Ronnie Brewer, if not traded, needs a role....we will need what he potentially brings to the table come playoff time.
10. Novak needs his minutes cut. He's useless if the 3 isn't falling. He's officially been figured out. His presence isn't doing much to open up things for Melo and he, Melo and Amare should NEVER see the floor simultaneously.
11. Melo has to get some rest down the stretch. Woodie has already burned out Jason. Melo is playing way too many minutes.
12. Shump, if not traded, hopefully can calm down after the deadline. He, to a greater extent than Amare, has kinda monkeywrenched the on court chemistry.
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#24 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:51 am

13......forget November.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,057

Post#25 » by sol537 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:52 am

I would not be opposed to dumping 'Melo for the right package. Melo, Felton, JR, and White for Smith, Teague, Zaza, Stevenson, and a couple of picks. Sure, we lose the "superstar" but we end up with a better balanced team that's younger and that plays defense.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#26 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:54 am

sol537 wrote:I would not be opposed to dumping 'Melo for the right package. Melo, Felton, JR, and White for Smith, Teague, Zaza, Stevenson, and a couple of picks. Sure, we lose the "superstar" but we end up with a better balanced team that's younger and that plays defense.

that is horrid.
NOOB77
General Manager
And1: 3,288

Post#27 » by NOOB77 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:55 am

sol537 wrote:I would not be opposed to dumping 'Melo for the right package. Melo, Felton, JR, and White for Smith, Teague, Zaza, Stevenson, and a couple of picks. Sure, we lose the "superstar" but we end up with a better balanced team that's younger and that plays defense.

Melo is going no place makes Dolan way too much money period. No reason to even play fantasy with it because it will not happen.
Mr_Perfect
Head Coach
And1: 2,931

Post#28 » by Mr_Perfect » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:55 am

Haha, what a random and unrealistic trade. C'mon son...at least post something that could happen in reality.
KingOf NY
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#29 » by KingOf NY » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:55 am

We should see if we can trade for Lin somehow. He did wonders for us last year and i'm sure he enjoyed playing in NY.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,994

Post#30 » by GONYK » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:56 am

No, we end up with the Hawks

This is shameful
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,057

Post#31 » by sol537 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:56 am

this is the "panic" thread so that's what I'm doing... ;)
Starks1994
Veteran
And1: 185

Post#32 » by Starks1994 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:02 am

sol537 wrote:this is the "panic" thread so that's what I'm doing... ;)

Grab a seat at the bar and tell us what your drinkin
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,894

Post#33 » by nykballa2k4 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:02 am

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:In no particular order....

1. Woodie has to start Tyson-Amare-Melo-Shump-Ray; he spoke of making it work this offseason now he has to back up his talk.
2. Ray needs to fight over screens. That's killing our defense. Too much switching.
3. Kidd needs a lesser role until the playoffs. He's no longer a starter in the NBA.
4. We need more unselfish play and ball movement....as well as player movement.
5. Woodie needs to toss in a few more sets on offense. He's become too predictable.
6. JR Smith needs to be reigned in...a lot. He needs o be more complete...more of a playmaker.
7. Tyson needs to step it up but in honesty, it's beyond him...the perimeter guys are getting beat night in and night out. We need more urgency on defense.
8. We need to start implementing more zone; that was Dallas' secret weapon with Tyson at the top.
9. Ronnie Brewer, if not traded, needs a role....we will need what he potentially brings to the table come playoff time.
10. Novak needs his minutes cut. He's useless if the 3 isn't falling. He's officially been figured out. His presence isn't doing much to open up things for Melo and he, Melo and Amare should NEVER see the floor simultaneously.
11. Melo has to get some rest down the stretch. Woodie has already burned out Jason. Melo is playing way too many minutes.
12. Shump, if not traded, hopefully can calm down after the deadline. He, to a greater extent than Amare, has kinda monkeywrenched the on court chemistry.

co-sign.

Woodson basically is mishandling the cards he has.

Start Amare Melo Chandler up front, make sure there is always ONE of the following on the court: Brewer, Chandler, Camby, Sheed

The No Defense Trio you mentioned really kills the team.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,011

Post#34 » by R-DAWG » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:14 am

The team is built using a big 3 model but they really have a #1 and a #3. It's too bad because this team is either one great player (like a Chris Paul) or 2 very good players (like Paul Millsap and Kevin Martin) away from being a real contender. But the money is tied up in Amare and the assets were used for cap space that turned into Timothy Mozgov. To compound that, Kidd and Camby should've been signed with the minimum and the salary spend on younger guys who could play heavy minutes, we need the body's. We didn't have the luxury of giving all our money to old guys who can't play big minutes. Losing Lin for nothing, to a team that just took half of the few assets we had for Marcus Camby. I'm sure Toronto would've gave up the pick they used for Lowry (marketing reasons) maybe more and a 3rd team could've been involved allowing us to absorb 7.5 million in salary.

Another question, would we have been better off keeping the amnesty for Amare and starting over either last summer or this summer. Donnie Walsh really did a horrible job. Gallo and Hill over Lopez/Gordon and Holliday/Jennings/Lawson. Amare's contract. The Jordan Hill trade that turned assets into Tim Mozgov. Not selling high on Lee and Nate. If it wasn't for the slim possibility that LeBron may have signed this would be considered one of the worst rebuilding jobs of all time.

James Dolan's Knicks, still more efficient than Barack Obama's america.
AmazingJason
RealGM
And1: 6,142

Post#35 » by AmazingJason » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:19 am

I know Lin isn't allowed to be talked about in this forum, but we could have kept him for nothing and could use the depth at guard. I hope this is not the curse of Lin that is plaguing us right now.
BAT 18.0 - MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

El Poochio - POBO
Amazing Jason - Assistant to the VPOBO

PG: Lonzo Ball/Dennis Smith Jr.
SG: Donovan Mitchell/R. McGruder
SF: Jaylen Brown/Josh Jackson
PF: Jayson Tatum/T. Booker
C: Joel Embiid/McGee
R-DAWG
RealGM

Post#36 » by R-DAWG » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:20 am

AmazingJason wrote:I know Lin isn't allowed to be talked about in this forum, but we could have kept him for nothing and could use the depth at guard. I hope this is not the curse of Lin that is plaguing us right now.

even if we didn't need him, not getting back assets in a sign and trade was a gigantic mistake
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,994

Post#37 » by GONYK » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:21 am

R-DAWG wrote:
AmazingJason wrote:I know Lin isn't allowed to be talked about in this forum, but we could have kept him for nothing and could use the depth at guard. I hope this is not the curse of Lin that is plaguing us right now.

even if we didn't need him, not getting back assets in a sign and trade was a gigantic mistake

Lin couldn't be signed and traded
chales_zed
Rookie
And1: 9

Post#38 » by chales_zed » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:21 am

Come on man...
TAPEemALL
Banned User
And1: 596

Post#39 » by TAPEemALL » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:22 am

WOODSONS BREATHE IS A ISSUE , OLE DOO DOO MINT EATIN ASS TRIGGA
R-DAWG
RealGM

Post#40 » by R-DAWG » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:23 am

GONYK wrote:
R-DAWG wrote:

Lin couldn't be signed and traded

INCORRECT. Lin could've been signed and traded before he signed the offer sheet with Houston. Instead of Houston raising their offer they could've agreed to a sign and trade. They left the door open and Dolan's ego got in the way. End results, Knick fans lose.

Return to New York Knicks