ImageImageImageImageImage

Woody may change starting lineup...

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,885

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#41 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:55 am

Stat starting wouldn't have made a big difference the last few weeks. He still would have been limited to 25-28min and we had no big men off the bench.

The overall lack of big men depth was probably the biggest reason for small ball.

Beyond time for a change though...never liked both Shump/Kidd starting.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
xsaberx
Bench Warmer
And1: 413

Post#42 » by xsaberx » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:57 am

I wish there was some way to get him to start STAT - his excuse is terrible - teams have already figured out how to guard melo at the 4 - they just put their 4 on kidd or shump and their 3 on melo - thus, advantage lost

Plus our backcourt is soooo weak, we shouldn't use that weak backcourt to fill 3 positions, when it can just fill two

It has to happen eventually - we might as well get as many games with that combo so that we are at peak form by the playoffs

And Delonte West is a MUST get - he is really, as a player, what this team is missing - a combo guard who can do everything that guards do, and he does them well and consistently (e.g. passing, shooting, defending, creating his shot). And he's only 29. What a steal for a team with NO productive guard play whatsoever
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#43 » by Sark » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:58 am

Say we were to go on a long losing streak. Do you think there is any chance he could get fired mid-season?
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,065

Post#44 » by moocow007 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:02 am

2010 wrote:
Mike Woodson said today at practice he may change the starting lineup to infuse some offense and rookie Chris Copeland is a candidate to come in for struggling Jason Kidd or Iman Shumpert. Woodson said Amar’e Stoudemire likely is not under consideration.

Woodson said he’s been disappointing in the lack of offensive production from starters Iman Shumpert and Jason Kidd, who was scoreless last night.

“I’m not getting it,’’ Woodson said. “If you start out by playing defense, it’s not a problem. You still have enough with Raymond and Melo to make up the difference. We’ve been fighting on both ends, struggling to get stops, struggling to put the ball in the hole. I’m not gone going to sit tight and say it’s OK. I got to figure it out. If it means changing the lineup, then we have to do that.’

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicksblo ... z2LaQhwcw9

This dude is straight-up disrespecting Amar'e Stoudemire!

Wait so if we're struggling to get stops his solution is possibly putting the worst defender on the team into the starting lineup in Copeland? Lol
thestache23
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#45 » by thestache23 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:03 am

Sark wrote:Say we were to go on a long losing streak. Do you think there is any chance he could get fired mid-season?

No.
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#46 » by boomann21 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:05 am

Sark wrote:Say we were to go on a long losing streak. Do you think there is any chance he could get fired mid-season?

So you want us to go on a losing streak so that Woodson can get fired mid season during one of our most successful seasons in a decade? Hmmmmmm
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#47 » by GONYK » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:09 am

No
Mr_Perfect
Head Coach
And1: 2,931

Post#48 » by Mr_Perfect » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:13 am

GONYK wrote:

No

Sark must not be a Knick fan very long.

Dolan's threshold for success is so low that Woodson, even with a mediocre season, will buy himself at least 3 more seasons as head coach.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#49 » by GONYK » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:14 am

Mr_Perfect wrote:
GONYK wrote:

No

Dolan's threshold for success is so low that Woodson, even with a mediocre season, will buy himself at least 3 more seasons as head coach.

I'd say at least another season and a half.

There is 0 chance it happens this season though. If it was a possibility, we would have had a firesale about 8 hours ago.
boomann21
RealGM

Post#50 » by boomann21 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:15 am

Mr_Perfect wrote:
GONYK wrote:

No

Wait?! Stop the Presses!! We are having a mediocre season?
Mr_Perfect
Head Coach
And1: 2,931

Post#51 » by Mr_Perfect » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:20 am

I'd say more than half of this season has been mediocre, yes. 14-14 in 28 games = mediocre.

I mean November feels so long ago it might as well have been a different season. We don't resemble that team at all.
boomann21
RealGM

Post#52 » by boomann21 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:26 am

Mr_Perfect wrote:I'd say more than half of this season has been mediocre, yes. 14-14 in 28 games = mediocre.

I mean November feels so long ago it might as well have been a different season. We don't resemble that team at all.

This is a marathon not a sprint. And you can't just erase the first part of the season like it never happened. I think we about to go on a nice little run to end this season, but that's just my keen observation. I could be wrong.
Sark
RealGM

Post#53 » by Sark » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:30 am

Mr_Perfect wrote:
GONYK wrote:

No

I've been a Knick fan since 1987. This is the first time I've had hope for the Knicks since the 1990s, and I don't want to see this chance ruined by this coach. Even if we hold onto the 2 seed (which I doubt), I think Vogel or Thibs would coach circles around him in the second round.
Sark
RealGM

Post#54 » by Sark » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:31 am

boomann21 wrote:

So you want us to go on a losing streak so that Woodson can get fired mid season during one of our most successful seasons in a decade? Hmmmmmm

Did I say that? I posed a question that is all. I want this team to get back to winning. I don't see how they can without changes to the strategy though.
pwayknicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 705

Post#55 » by pwayknicks » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:32 am

Don't know why everyone wants stat melo chandler and shump in lineup together. Spacing would be terrible. Then u can't have stat and Kidd cuz d would be terrible. Honestly what we have starting is our best lineup until n camby gets back. Cambys plus passing skills and d can allow us to start him and Kidd or shump.
The Knicks are BACK!!!!

Jlin + Melo + Stat + Chandler....les go!

Trade Landry Fields ASAP!
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#56 » by GONYK » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:38 am

Sark wrote:
I've been a Knick fan since 1987. This is the first time I've had hope for the Knicks since the 1990s, and I don't want to see this chance ruined by this coach. Even if we hold onto the 2 seed (which I doubt), I think Vogel or Thibs would coach circles around him in the second round.

Who is going to replace Woody midseason that can outcoach Thibs and Vogel?
Since89
Bench Warmer
And1: 427

Post#57 » by Since89 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:42 am

this is so **** stupid

start stoudemire you bald ****

enough of this small ball **** its infuriating!
RealGM
And1: 39,134

Post#58 » by 2010 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:02 am

Since89 wrote:this is so **** stupid

start stoudemire you bald ****

enough of this small ball **** its infuriating!

Werd!

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Sky_Knicks
Banned User
And1: 419

Post#59 » by Sky_Knicks » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:16 am

Amare's defense is twice as good as cope's :lol:
Nostrand Ave
Pro Prospect
And1: 292

Post#60 » by Nostrand Ave » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:22 am

At first after reading this, I thought the idea of starting Copeland is incredibly dumb. But I will say at least Woodson is willing to make changes and try new things. At least he's not stubborn.

Lets see how it goes first.

Doesnt sound promising considering Copeland is the Knicks worst defender.

On offense you may see Copeland do something amazing, but right back on defense he'll cancel out what he just did on offense.

Return to New York Knicks