ImageImageImageImageImage

Woody may change starting lineup...

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

RealGM
And1: 39,138

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#61 » by 2010 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:28 am

Nostrand Ave wrote:At first after reading this, I thought the idea of starting Copeland is incredibly dumb. But I will say at least Woodson is willing to make changes and try new things. At least he's not stubborn.

Lets see how it goes first.

Doesnt sound promising considering Copeland is the Knicks worst defender.

On offense you may see Copeland do something amazing, but right back on defense he'll cancel out what he just did on offense.

I need some of the stuff you're on.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,900

Post#62 » by GONYK » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:31 am

2010 wrote:
Nostrand Ave wrote:At first after reading this, I thought the idea of starting Copeland is incredibly dumb. But I will say at least Woodson is willing to make changes and try new things. At least he's not stubborn.

On offense you may see Copeland do something amazing, but right back on defense he'll cancel out what he just did on offense.

We started Copeland before. We know exactly how it works
Knicker23
General Manager
And1: 139

Post#63 » by Knicker23 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:31 am

I for one am starting to get fed up with Woodson's reluctance to call this team what it is. To attribute the early season success to what it was. He acts like guys can just "get back to" playing they were in the beginning of the year -- as if he can just ask Kidd to starting shooting 50% from 3, Melo to regain his high % from 3, and Brewer if he were here to start hitting all those wide open 3s in the corner. It doesn't work that way. He refused on the SAS and RR show to acknowledge the woes that come with living by the 3, or that they do live by the 3... He refused to stop shooting them because "they have the shooters to knock them down" -- regardless of whether that ultimately means you're a .500 ball club; which is what they've been, anomaly of a beginning aside.

Yes, defense of early season returning would help... But i've pretty much chalked that up to a similar anomaly caused by "new season/identity energy" and "new coaching" energy -- neither of which is returning. Sure, becoming more consistent to a degree, Iman being able to stop fast PGs etc will help... but unless Woodson changes way this team looks on both sides of the court, I can't see it amounting to much.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,867

Post#64 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:31 am

As far as what they are on, one of the strains of magic mushrooms is actually Psilocybe Copelandia. Not kidding, for real.
ImageImageImage
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,403

Post#65 » by ibraheim718 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:35 am

Clyde_Style wrote:As far as what they are on, one of the strains of magic mushrooms is actually Psilocybe Copelandia. Not kidding, for real.

Hey man.. Are we starrting a thread and getting the band back together for one big send off? :lol:
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,040

Post#66 » by sol537 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:40 am

Start: Felton, Shump, Melo, Amare, Chandler. Immediately our size is better. Our rebounding is better. Guys are not playing out of position. 'Melo is not forced to take every shot and Felton is not forced to do more than he's capable of. Shumpert doesn't have to worry about making things happen since he now has more guys to pass to. We can run post ups for Amare as another option to what we normally start out with. Mix things up.

Then the bench is Kidd, JR, and Martin with some Prigs and Novak mixed in sparingly. Focus on defense and attacking the paint. Forget this reliance on small ball and 3-ball. We have talented 3-4-5 guys. Why aren't we winning those positions consistently each and every game? Woodson's busy trying to recapture the early season magic when he should be trying to create new magic instead.
RealGM

Post#67 » by 2010 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:42 am

GONYK wrote:
2010 wrote:

We started Copeland before. We know exactly how it works

Exactly. As if our starting five (which provides no offense) hasn't dually been horrible defensively as well. Woody started the dude earlier and he ended up in the doghouse and humiliated consistently in clips from The Woodson Show, LOL.

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,900

Post#68 » by GONYK » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:43 am

2010 wrote:
Exactly. As if our starting five (which provides no offense) hasn't dually been horrible defensively as well. Woody started the dude earlier and he ended up in the doghouse and humiliated consistently in clips from The Woodson Show, LOL.

Copeland, to this day, still gets yelled at for not practicing at game speed
RealGM

Post#69 » by 2010 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:45 am

sol537 wrote:Start: Felton, Shump, Melo, Amare, Chandler. Immediately our size is better. Our rebounding is better. Guys are not playing out of position. 'Melo is not forced to take every shot and Felton is not forced to do more than he's capable of. Shumpert doesn't have to worry about making things happen since he now has more guys to pass to. We can run post ups for Amare as another option to what we normally start out with. Mix things up.

Then the bench is Kidd, JR, and Martin with some Prigs and Novak mixed in sparingly. Focus on defense and attacking the paint. Forget this reliance on small ball and 3-ball. We have talented 3-4-5 guys. Why aren't we winning those positions consistently each and every game? Woodson's busy trying to recapture the early season magic when he should be trying to create new magic instead.

This sums it up perfectly!:

Nas wrote:Ayo, the brother's "Stillmatic"
I crawled up out of that grave, wiping the dirt, cleaning my shirt
They thought I'll make another "Illmatic"
But it's always forward I'm moving, never backwards stupid
Here's another classic

LINIZALLSTAR
Starter
And1: 10

Post#70 » by LINIZALLSTAR » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:50 am

Here's some statictics on our lineups
http://www.82games.com/1213/1213NYK2.HTM
keyindabox
Starter
And1: 171

Post#71 » by keyindabox » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:02 am

http://knicksnow.com/videos/2786/woodso ... Sb6QuhSb9I

I think everyone should watch the video of the actual interview....it sends a MUCH different message than the original post does. Woodson basically said he's not sure about STAT cause he likes Melo at the 4, but he said "we'll see." Then someone asked him about Copeland and he said that's a possibility, that's it. He followed up that statement but saying "I like to start the game off by defending."

Everyone calm down.
shmeakone
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,428

Post#72 » by shmeakone » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:07 am

Melo should be done starting at the 4. Its clearly not working anymore & we need to focus on defending the ball more & getting bigger. Start Amare as soon as we get that big we need to come off the bench.
My lifetime better have a Knicks championship.
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,390

Post#73 » by Wildcat » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:11 am

2010 wrote:
ORANGEandBLUE wrote:Felton
Shump
Melo
Stat
Tyson

This is definitely not the lineup. Woody said no Stat because the team has had success with Melo at the four. Stat is a bench player likely for the rest of the season (including playoffs) unless Woody changes this mindset.

And it's obviously not working anymore.
carayip
Rookie
And1: 17

Post#74 » by carayip » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:14 am

kane2021 wrote:What the hell is going on with this coach and amare?

Because Amare is not in the Woodson- JR- Melo- Melo's buddies and former teammates circle?
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,964

Post#75 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:15 am

keyindabox wrote:http://knicksnow.com/videos/2786/woodson-i-was-pleased-with-practice-today#.USb6QuhSb9I

I think everyone should watch the video of the actual interview....it sends a MUCH different message than the original post does. Woodson basically said he's not sure about STAT cause he likes Melo at the 4, but he said "we'll see." Then someone asked him about Copeland and he said that's a possibility, that's it. He followed up that statement but saying "I like to start the game off by defending."

Everyone calm down.

Good post. Everyone is just flipping out over Berman's take. Everyone is screaming for Woody to change the lineup and he has hinted he will.

I’m not gone going to sit tight and say it’s OK. I got to figure it out. If it means changing the lineup, then we have to do that.’

Someone's always got to be the escape goat and Woody is that guy now. I know we are struggling latley but overall this team is at the very least where it should be. On pace for 50+ wins and in the #2 seed.

Knicks have plenty of things to fix and change should come. Lets see what happens. For the most part, I think people are overrating how good this team is considering all the injuries, etc. Woody has done a decent job considering the roster.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
blumatic
Assistant Coach
And1: 787

Post#76 » by blumatic » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:16 am

Plugging in Amare in the line up wont help. Its not about trades and line up changes. Its playing the right way.

How many give-n-go plays have we seen all year.

How many times has Melo made a move with STAT reacting to be there for support. Very few.

We stopped running plays. We dont run plays anymore. We've reduced our offense to PNR with three point options and Melo ball.

Melo doesnt give up the ball to Felton anymore, STAT never looks for Tyson as an outlet or vice versa.

Lebron and Wade always look for each other. Never our guys. We dont play like a team on offense. We dont run plays.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#77 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:16 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:As far as what they are on, one of the strains of magic mushrooms is actually Psilocybe Copelandia. Not kidding, for real.

Hey man.. Are we starrting a thread and getting the band back together for one big send off? :lol:

Been practicing my air guitar and ready to lay down Zeppelin solos over Brick House backing tracks. Knicks need some new tunes. Looking for day-glow afro satanic Hello Kitty backup singers if you got a lead on that.
ImageImageImage
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#78 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:22 am

blumatic wrote:Plugging in Amare in the line up wont help. Its not about trades and line up changes. Its playing the right way.

How many give-n-go plays have we seen all year.

How many times has Melo made a move with STAT reacting to be there for support. Very few.

We stopped running plays. We dont run plays anymore. We've reduced our offense to PNR with three point options and Melo ball.

Melo doesnt give up the ball to Felton anymore, STAT never looks for Tyson as an outlet or vice versa.

Lebron and Wade always look for each other. Never our guys. We dont play like a team on offense. We dont run plays.

Sadly, they are capable of doing exactly what you're saying. This is a character issue, not a matter of talent. As long as Melo pouts and melts down, there isn't much chance of them playing as a unit. We started out great to a large degree because Melo came into the season ready to move the ball and he did. He played D. It is purely mindset leading to execution.

The rest of the team won't matter as long as he regresses to his old ways. He needs to suck it up and recognize he had it right coming into this year and play like that. In that respect, Woodson is not wrong to be nostalgic for the way we played earlier, because that is what we need to do basically. The ball is in Melo's court more than anyone else by far.
ImageImageImage
bomahs161
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#79 » by bomahs161 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:46 am

2010 wrote:

copeland could be going from woody's doghouse to the starting lineup? that clearly a slap in the face to amare, i'm sorry. you know stat is burning up inside.
Grinditout
RealGM
And1: 2,353

Post#80 » by Grinditout » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:54 am

bomahs161 wrote:
2010 wrote:

copeland could be going from woody's doghouse to the starting lineup? that clearly a slap in the face to amare, i'm sorry. you know stat is burning up inside.

It's a slap in the face to all of us.

Return to New York Knicks