ImageImageImageImageImage

Woody may change starting lineup...

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Leaguepass
Starter
And1: 134

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#101 » by Leaguepass » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:19 pm

KNIXFAN_83 wrote:The bitching on the forum is pathetic. We have the second best record in the east after 10 plus years of subpar play and people are calling Woodson an idiot after while having an injury riddled squad. Some of yall need to really stfu. Look we are playing bad right now but it will turn. Then the same people will say we are going to beat the heat. The Knicks will be fine. All teams go through this.

It's actually pathetic to bring up injuries when our main competition for the second spot has been without their best players the entire year.....something tells me our squad wouldn't be sitting at 3rd or 4th in the east and 10 games above .500 if Melo was missing the entire year so far.
People that make themselves believe that the Knicks are fine need their head checked because there isn't the slightest bit of doubt that a healthy Chicago squad would be easily ahead of NY in the standings and their is very reasonable doubt as to whether we'd be even ahead of the Pacers at all.
If you are happy with the Knicks being 4th best in the east then yes, you can relax , keep your mouth shut and enjoy the rest of the ride instead of attacking people who are pointing out obvious mistakes and flaws by the coach and his players. It's always the same with guys' like you---you were probably among those guys pointing to D'Antoni's average of 58 regular season wins as proof as to why Melo needs to change his game and why D'Antoni and his gimmick is only gonna take some more games in order to work.
KNIXFAN_83
Analyst
And1: 1,320

Post#102 » by KNIXFAN_83 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:40 pm

Leaguepass wrote:
KNIXFAN_83 wrote:The bitching on the forum is pathetic. We have the second best record in the east after 10 plus years of subpar play and people are calling Woodson an idiot after while having an injury riddled squad. Some of yall need to really stfu. Look we are playing bad right now but it will turn. Then the same people will say we are going to beat the heat. The Knicks will be fine. All teams go through this.

It's actually pathetic to bring up injuries when our main competition for the second spot has been without their best players the entire year.....something tells me our squad wouldn't be sitting at 3rd or 4th in the east and 10 games above .500 if Melo was missing the entire year so far.
People that make themselves believe that the Knicks are fine need their head checked because there isn't the slightest bit of doubt that a healthy Chicago squad would be easily ahead of NY in the standings and their is very reasonable doubt as to whether we'd be even ahead of the Pacers at all.
If you are happy with the Knicks being 4th best in the east then yes, you can relax , keep your mouth shut and enjoy the rest of the ride instead of attacking people who are pointing out obvious mistakes and flaws by the coach and his players. It's always the same with guys' like you---you were probably among those guys pointing to D'Antoni's average of 58 regular season wins as proof as to why Melo needs to change his game and why D'Antoni and his gimmick is only gonna take some more games in order to work.

Look no one is saying that. If we were healthy at the beginning we might have a better record then Miami. You can't look at what ifs just what is. The fact is we are still in a great position if we can turn this around. So all this crying is just silly. If we fall to 4th or 5th then we can say maybe Woodson coaching needs to be looked. Bur second in the east and first in the division when we have been 500. since December. Come on. Stop crying.
nyk4life12
Pro Prospect
And1: 208

Post#103 » by nyk4life12 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:52 pm

Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
Starting lineup may not change sez Woody. Toronto plays too much smallball.
NY KNICKS
CHELSEA FC
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#104 » by AllanHoustonFan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:55 pm

nyk4life12 wrote:Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman

I'm losing faith in this guy.

#MKGA
Daaaarryyl
Starter
And1: 502
Location: Eddie's house wondering why he wants to get me and Dave drunk.

Post#105 » by Daaaarryyl » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:59 pm

KNIXFAN_83 wrote:Look no one is saying that. If we were healthy at the beginning we might have a better record then Miami. You can't look at what ifs just what is. The fact is we are still in a great position if we can turn this around. So all this crying is just silly. If we fall to 4th or 5th then we can say maybe Woodson coaching needs to be looked. Bur second in the east and first in the division when we have been 500. since December. Come on. Stop crying.

:confused:
Bulls69 wrote:The think about the Bulls we realizes we sucks but the Knicks on the other hand think everyone wants to play a garbage a** team. get real a team who has not won a win in over thirty -five years

Less Bulls, MORE books!!
KNIXFAN_83
Analyst
And1: 1,320

Post#106 » by KNIXFAN_83 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:03 pm

AllanHoustonFan wrote:
nyk4life12 wrote:Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman

I'm losing faith in this guy.

He's waiting for Kmart and sheed. Then its
Felton/Pablo
JR/Kidd
Melo/ Shump
Amare/Novak/Sheed
Chandler/Kmart/Camby
barborous
Sixth Man
And1: 269

Post#107 » by barborous » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:04 pm

And now the "stop bitching guys, OMG knicks fans always overreact" crowd is starting to make its way out of the woodwork. No, we have a serious problem. We have precisely zero competent guards on the roster, our coach seems to have lost all ability to adapt, our defense AND offense from the beginning of the season have completely disappeared, we're on a mediocre slide that's pushing two months long now, and we're almost certain to lose both our #2 seed, the division title, and possibly even HCA before the playoffs at this rate.
keyindabox
Starter
And1: 171

Post#108 » by keyindabox » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:25 pm

barborous wrote:And now the "stop bitching guys, OMG knicks fans always overreact" crowd is starting to make its way out of the woodwork. No, we have a serious problem. We have precisely zero competent guards on the roster, our coach seems to have lost all ability to adapt, our defense AND offense from the beginning of the season have completely disappeared, we're on a mediocre slide that's pushing two months long now, and we're almost certain to lose both our #2 seed, the division title, and possibly even HCA before the playoffs at this rate.

seren
RealGM
And1: 4,204

Post#109 » by seren » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:25 pm

Changing starting lineup is one thing, but Woodson's solution to struggles of top guys has been to increase their minutes while taking bottom guys either taking completely out of the lineup or minimizing their roles.

As JR's production dipped, his minutes increased.

Whereas guys like Novak and Pablo got their minutes reduced and Copeland was eliminated as their efficiency actually went up.
TAPEemALL
Banned User
And1: 596

Post#110 » by TAPEemALL » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:33 pm

Wow I'm officially worried about Woodys ability to lead this team. When asked about changing the lineup he said I'm not sure we have just been so effective starting Melo at the 4?????!!? Whaaaaat is he watching the same games we all do. What have we won maybe 2 first quarters in the last 2 months? Wow this dude sucks
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,145

Post#111 » by Fat Kat » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:34 pm

barborous wrote:And now the "stop bitching guys, OMG knicks fans always overreact" crowd is starting to make its way out of the woodwork. No, we have a serious problem. We have precisely zero competent guards on the roster, our coach seems to have lost all ability to adapt, our defense AND offense from the beginning of the season have completely disappeared, we're on a mediocre slide that's pushing two months long now, and we're almost certain to lose both our #2 seed, the division title, and possibly even HCA before the playoffs at this rate.

I think what some are dismayed by is the constant nagging like tone that's prevalent when the team is doing bad. We've had posters return from "retirement" and come back from self imposed exile just to dump on the team they're a "fan" of. If the team is such a source of discontent, why stick around just to whine? Logging on just rage is counterproductive. No?

Attitudes, positive or negative are contagious. Some prefer to stay positive, even while being critical. Sports after all should be an escape IMO.

If you haven't had one positive post this season, perhaps that person should log off. There are many that fit that category.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
keyindabox
Starter
And1: 171

Post#112 » by keyindabox » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:40 pm

Fat Kat wrote:

I think what some are dismayed by is the constant nagging like tone that's prevalent when the team is doing bad. We've had posters return from "retirement" and come back from self imposed exile just to dump on the team they're a "fan" of. If the team is such a source of discontent, why stick around just to whine? Logging on just rage is counterproductive. No?

Attitudes, positive or negative are contagious. Some prefer to stay positive, even while being critical. Sports after all should be an escape IMO.

If you haven't had one positive post this season, perhaps that person should log off. There are many that fit that category.

This.

BTW, what's with the creepy avatar bro? :o
barborous
Sixth Man

Post#113 » by barborous » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:04 pm

keyindabox wrote:

It's the truth. Cry some more.

Fat Kat wrote:

I was plenty enthusiastic at the beginning of the season. As this team got worse and worse, I've gradually posted less about the team because of how depressing it is, and haven't been one of the people continually bitching about the team, because there's really no point in my view. But those people are completely right to be unhappy about how the team looks, and I got tired of seeing them get rained on.
MeloNY
Bench Warmer
And1: 469

Post#114 » by MeloNY » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:08 pm

Its absolutely mind-boggling how out of touch Woody seems to be.
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,974

Post#115 » by NYKinMIA » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:09 pm

Fat Kat wrote:I think what some are dismayed by is the constant nagging like tone that's prevalent when the team is doing bad. We've had posters return from "retirement" and come back from self imposed exile just to dump on the team they're a "fan" of. If the team is such a source of discontent, why stick around just to whine? Logging on just rage is counterproductive. No?

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#116 » by j4remi » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:10 pm

Guys, let's come off the psychology of posters (both sides) stuff and focus on the topic...Woody's consideration of changing the starting line-up. There's plenty to talk about here without opening the can of worms.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#117 » by Fat Kat » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:11 pm

barborous wrote:

I was plenty enthusiastic at the beginning of the season. As this team got worse and worse, I've gradually posted less about the team because of how depressing it is, and haven't been one of the people continually bitching about the team, because there's really no point in my view. But those people are completely right to be unhappy about how the team looks, and I got tired of seeing them get rained on.

Not referencing you, but we do have a contingent that take great pleasure in the team's struggles. Even you would have to admit that. No?

Now as for their "right" to be rain on the team, other have a "right" to rain in them. That kind of the way the whole freedom to bitch thing works.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Falstaffxx
Banned User
And1: 165

Post#118 » by Falstaffxx » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:13 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
barborous wrote:

Not referencing you, but we do have a contingent that take great pleasure in the team's struggles. Even you would have to admit that. No?

Now as for their "right" to be rain on the team, other have a "right" to rain in them. That kind of the way the whole freedom to bitch thing works.

Can I chime in with some bitching about the fact that you're currently bitching about someone telling you not to bitch about other people bitching.
barborous
Sixth Man

Post#119 » by barborous » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:14 pm

I didn't say they had a right; that would be a really dumb, whiny thing to say. Obviously people have a right to say whatever the hell they want. I said their criticisms of the team were correct.
Fat Kat
RealGM

Post#120 » by Fat Kat » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:14 pm

j4remi wrote:Guys, let's come off the psychology of posters (both sides) stuff and focus on the topic...Woody's consideration of changing the starting line-up. There's plenty to talk about here without opening the can of worms.

Gotcha.

Return to New York Knicks