ImageImageImageImageImage

Woody may change starting lineup...

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Knickstape1214, Brooklyn_Yards, GONYK, j4remi, Thorn, Thugger HBC, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion

br7knicks
RealGM
Posts: 20,232
And1: 1,440
Joined: Dec 01, 2008
       

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#121 » by br7knicks » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:34 pm

i'll believe it when i see it. **** woodson til he fixes this
When Acy starts: 2-0
When Amare starts: 0-2
User avatar
KingzAndQueenz
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,689
And1: 164
Joined: Feb 22, 2012
 

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#122 » by KingzAndQueenz » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:14 pm

Pacers are 15-8 in jan/feb
Nets are 17-7 in jan/feb
Heat are 17-6 in jan/feb

Our New York Knicks are 11-10 in jan/feb

Which team looks like a contender?
User avatar
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 42,622
And1: 5,618
Joined: Jun 27, 2003
   

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#123 » by GONYK » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:16 pm

KingzAndQueenz wrote:Pacers are 15-8 in jan/feb
Nets are 17-7 in jan/feb
Heat are 17-6 in jan/feb

Our New York Knicks are 11-10 in jan/feb

Which team looks like a contender?


Only Miami
Image
User avatar
JustCame
Analyst
Posts: 3,419
And1: 150
Joined: Feb 03, 2011

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#124 » by JustCame » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:22 pm

GONYK wrote:
KingzAndQueenz wrote:Pacers are 15-8 in jan/feb
Nets are 17-7 in jan/feb
Heat are 17-6 in jan/feb

Our New York Knicks are 11-10 in jan/feb

Which team looks like a contender?


Only Miami


Indiana with a healthy Granger back could potentially contend.

Hill
George
Granger
West
Hibbert

...solid everywhere plus elite defense.
User avatar
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 42,622
And1: 5,618
Joined: Jun 27, 2003
   

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#125 » by GONYK » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:24 pm

JustCame wrote:
GONYK wrote:
KingzAndQueenz wrote:Pacers are 15-8 in jan/feb
Nets are 17-7 in jan/feb
Heat are 17-6 in jan/feb

Our New York Knicks are 11-10 in jan/feb

Which team looks like a contender?


Only Miami


Indiana with a healthy Granger back could potentially contend.

Hill
George
Granger
West
Hibbert

...solid everywhere plus elite defense.


They are undeniably solid, but it will take more than a spot up shooter for them to get up to Miami's level IMO
Image
User avatar
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 26,611
And1: 2,802
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
         

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#126 » by j4remi » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:30 pm

JustCame wrote:
GONYK wrote:
KingzAndQueenz wrote:Pacers are 15-8 in jan/feb
Nets are 17-7 in jan/feb
Heat are 17-6 in jan/feb

Our New York Knicks are 11-10 in jan/feb

Which team looks like a contender?


Only Miami


Indiana with a healthy Granger back could potentially contend.

Hill
George
Granger
West
Hibbert

...solid everywhere plus elite defense.


I don't think they're contenders unless Granger or George can be more efficient...Two guys that shoot 42% from the field will be the scorers for the team and in the playoffs, I don't see that working. If Hibbert wakes up though, then you've got a legit squad.
Charlotte Hornets -

PG Brandon Knight/Steve Blake/Shelvin Mack
SG Tyreke Evans/Reggie Bullock
SF Gerald Green/Ryan Kelly
PF Taj Gibson/Trevor Booker
C Deandre Jordan/Spencer Hawes/Hollins

Res: Noguiera, Early, Harkless
br7knicks
RealGM
Posts: 20,232
And1: 1,440
Joined: Dec 01, 2008
       

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#127 » by br7knicks » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:48 pm

JustCame wrote:
GONYK wrote:
KingzAndQueenz wrote:Pacers are 15-8 in jan/feb
Nets are 17-7 in jan/feb
Heat are 17-6 in jan/feb

Our New York Knicks are 11-10 in jan/feb

Which team looks like a contender?


Only Miami


Indiana with a healthy Granger back could potentially contend.

Hill
George
Granger
West
Hibbert

...solid everywhere plus elite defense.


who do they have that will stop lebron?
When Acy starts: 2-0
When Amare starts: 0-2
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
Posts: 10,836
And1: 121
Joined: Aug 01, 2002
Location: jersey city,nj
Contact:

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#128 » by I_Love_NYK » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:17 pm

In November, Kidd's legs were fresh and he was hitting the 3 at over 50% now he is unable to hit anything. His legs look shot and January really took a toll on him. The lineup has to change as the starting 5 struggles on both ends of the floor.
User avatar
DE FENSE
RealGM
Posts: 13,253
And1: 1,211
Joined: Aug 22, 2006
Location: Brooklyn
   

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#129 » by DE FENSE » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:24 pm

I love Shump but he never should have been starting immediately coming back from that injury. He should have been coming off the bench all this time, then maybe at this point right now he should be considered to start. Woodson really fcked this up.
ImageImage
User avatar
Nyk_Fatboy
RealGM
Posts: 10,561
And1: 4,129
Joined: Jan 12, 2013
Location: Queenz, Nyc / Shammgods bed on weekends
       

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#130 » by Nyk_Fatboy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:33 pm

KingzAndQueenz wrote:Pacers are 15-8 in jan/feb
Nets are 17-7 in jan/feb
Heat are 17-6 in jan/feb

Our New York Knicks are 11-10 in jan/feb

Which team looks like a contender?
All those teams are contenders but The knicks are the only team in the Eastern Conference capable of knocking out the Heat ( ONLY IF FULLY HEALTHY)

Heat weaknesses

Low post presence

3 point shooting

we have both, its just a matter of guys stepping up
islanders11040 wrote:If Porzingis went #1 i would take Anal from Lexington Steele
User avatar
NewEra
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,693
And1: 417
Joined: Oct 11, 2007

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#131 » by NewEra » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:34 pm

What the hell, we should start these guys and see what happens

Tyson
Amare
Melo
Smith
Shump

Bench: Felton, Novak, Kidd, Martin, Sheed, Prigs

Reserves: Camby, Thomas, Cope, White
BAT 12.0 - TWOLVES

PG: Goran Dragic/Nate Robinson/Phil Pressey
SG: Klay Thompson/CJ Watson/Quincy Pondexter
SF: Thaddeus Young/Bojan Bogdanovic/D Wright
PF: Nikola Mirotic/Louis Scola/Kenyon Martin
C: Marcin Gortat/Samuel Dalembert/Festis Ezeli
User avatar
ibraheim718
RealGM
Posts: 26,212
And1: 4,812
Joined: Jul 01, 2010

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#132 » by ibraheim718 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:34 pm

br7knicks wrote:[

who do they have that will stop lebron?


But who does anyone have that will stop Lebron? The key is having a couple of players with good size and athleticism that can at least bother him for a possession or two (especially late in games) and they have that with George and Granger.
ORANGEandBLUE
RealGM
Posts: 15,262
And1: 1,114
Joined: May 06, 2001

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#133 » by ORANGEandBLUE » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:36 pm

The Pacers look very good. George seems up to the task of being the closer.
br7knicks
RealGM
Posts: 20,232
And1: 1,440
Joined: Dec 01, 2008
       

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#134 » by br7knicks » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:41 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:[

who do they have that will stop lebron?


But who does anyone have that will stop Lebron? The key is having a couple of players with good size and athleticism that can at least bother him for a possession or two (especially late in games) and they have that with George and Granger.


granger can't contain lebron, especially coming off the injury he is. george might, but being the offensive focal point of that team, their team would take a hit if he's more focused on containing lebron
When Acy starts: 2-0
When Amare starts: 0-2
User avatar
ibraheim718
RealGM
Posts: 26,212
And1: 4,812
Joined: Jul 01, 2010

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#135 » by ibraheim718 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:42 pm

br7knicks wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:[

who do they have that will stop lebron?


But who does anyone have that will stop Lebron? The key is having a couple of players with good size and athleticism that can at least bother him for a possession or two (especially late in games) and they have that with George and Granger.


granger can't contain lebron, especially coming off the injury he is. george might, but being the offensive focal point of that team, their team would take a hit if he's more focused on containing lebron


The point is nobody can contain Lebron... but they have the best combination of individual players that can match up (Granger, George) and sound team defense.
iHeartKNicks
Pro Prospect
Posts: 898
And1: 104
Joined: Feb 20, 2010
Location: Queens. Get the money

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#136 » by iHeartKNicks » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:46 pm

DE FENSE wrote:I love Shump but he never should have been starting immediately coming back from that injury. He should have been coming off the bench all this time, then maybe at this point right now he should be considered to start. Woodson really fcked this up.

I think it has more to do with Shump not being a small forward. If were not going to start Amare we gotta start Copeland.
Felton/Shump/Copeland/Melo/Chandler or
Felton/Shump/Melo/Amare/Chandler are the 2 best starting 5 options imo
Twitter: AntBloom
IG: Antbloom
THE KNICKS WILL PREVAIL… eventually
User avatar
vallen
Head Coach
Posts: 6,252
And1: 533
Joined: Jan 31, 2005
       

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#137 » by vallen » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:57 pm

he had me at "im not getting it".
br7knicks
RealGM
Posts: 20,232
And1: 1,440
Joined: Dec 01, 2008
       

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#138 » by br7knicks » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:06 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
granger can't contain lebron, especially coming off the injury he is. george might, but being the offensive focal point of that team, their team would take a hit if he's more focused on containing lebron


The point is nobody can contain Lebron... but they have the best combination of individual players that can match up (Granger, George) and sound team defense.


i know nobody can contain him. the only guy that had remote success is on his team (albeit, he's much older now). i do think they have some personnel that can help contain lebron (hibbert). i understand you're talking about a combination of players (george and granger). but granger was not a great defender prior to the injury, and he probably won't look too great afterwards.

with george, i think of DLee on the knicks several years ago. he had to focus more on offense than defense because he was the only one that could put the ball in the basket. i feel that caused him to take a major hit defensively. although george has a much better supporting cast (west, hibbert, etc.), he is the main guy on that team offensively and if he's going to focus on lebron, their offense might take a hit.

plus, bosh and wade are starting to look a lot better recently, therefore the help defense might not be there as much as it needs to be.

i'd love for the pacers to beat the heat. i think they have a decent chance against heat.
When Acy starts: 2-0
When Amare starts: 0-2
User avatar
ibraheim718
RealGM
Posts: 26,212
And1: 4,812
Joined: Jul 01, 2010

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#139 » by ibraheim718 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:13 pm

br7knicks wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
granger can't contain lebron, especially coming off the injury he is. george might, but being the offensive focal point of that team, their team would take a hit if he's more focused on containing lebron


The point is nobody can contain Lebron... but they have the best combination of individual players that can match up (Granger, George) and sound team defense.


i know nobody can contain him. the only guy that had remote success is on his team (albeit, he's much older now). i do think they have some personnel that can help contain lebron (hibbert). i understand you're talking about a combination of players (george and granger). but granger was not a great defender prior to the injury, and he probably won't look too great afterwards.

with george, i think of DLee on the knicks several years ago. he had to focus more on offense than defense because he was the only one that could put the ball in the basket. i feel that caused him to take a major hit defensively. although george has a much better supporting cast (west, hibbert, etc.), he is the main guy on that team offensively and if he's going to focus on lebron, their offense might take a hit.

plus, bosh and wade are starting to look a lot better recently, therefore the help defense might not be there as much as it needs to be.

i'd love for the pacers to beat the heat. i think they have a decent chance against heat.


Word.. heres my theory on beating Miami.. you need a shot blocker.. a rim protector... then you can't double anyone and you have to chase the old geezer shooters off of the 3pt line and on offense you have to beat them up down low. Hibbert/Mahimni need to protect the rim... Hill,George,Granger,Stephenson need to chase the shooters away, and West/Hibbert need to beat them up down low. Miami's struggles with them last year were real.. but this year with George coming into his own and being confident in his ability to score much more than last year I think they pose a real threat to Miami.
User avatar
2010
RealGM
Posts: 12,077
And1: 1,658
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
Location: "To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"
       

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#140 » by 2010 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:58 pm

nyk4life12 wrote:Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
Starting lineup may not change sez Woody. Toronto plays too much smallball.


For the love of God why the phuck is this moron so reactive? Why doesn't he be proactive for once and force the opposition to match up to us!
PG: D'Angelo Russell/Emmanuel Mudiay
SG: Langston Galloway
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge
C: Marc Gasol

Return to New York Knicks