ImageImageImageImageImage

Woody may change starting lineup...

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, mrpoetryNmotion, Brooklyn_Yards, Knickstape1214, GONYK, Thugger HBC, NoLayupRule, Thorn, j4remi

iHeartKNicks
Pro Prospect
Posts: 898
And1: 104
Joined: Feb 20, 2010
Location: Queens. Get the money

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#136 » by iHeartKNicks » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:46 pm

DE FENSE wrote:I love Shump but he never should have been starting immediately coming back from that injury. He should have been coming off the bench all this time, then maybe at this point right now he should be considered to start. Woodson really fcked this up.

I think it has more to do with Shump not being a small forward. If were not going to start Amare we gotta start Copeland.
Felton/Shump/Copeland/Melo/Chandler or
Felton/Shump/Melo/Amare/Chandler are the 2 best starting 5 options imo
Twitter: AntBloom
IG: Antbloom
THE KNICKS WILL PREVAIL… eventually
User avatar
vallen
Head Coach
Posts: 6,225
And1: 506
Joined: Jan 31, 2005
       

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#137 » by vallen » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:57 pm

he had me at "im not getting it".
br7knicks
RealGM
Posts: 20,196
And1: 1,436
Joined: Dec 01, 2008
       

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#138 » by br7knicks » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:06 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
granger can't contain lebron, especially coming off the injury he is. george might, but being the offensive focal point of that team, their team would take a hit if he's more focused on containing lebron


The point is nobody can contain Lebron... but they have the best combination of individual players that can match up (Granger, George) and sound team defense.


i know nobody can contain him. the only guy that had remote success is on his team (albeit, he's much older now). i do think they have some personnel that can help contain lebron (hibbert). i understand you're talking about a combination of players (george and granger). but granger was not a great defender prior to the injury, and he probably won't look too great afterwards.

with george, i think of DLee on the knicks several years ago. he had to focus more on offense than defense because he was the only one that could put the ball in the basket. i feel that caused him to take a major hit defensively. although george has a much better supporting cast (west, hibbert, etc.), he is the main guy on that team offensively and if he's going to focus on lebron, their offense might take a hit.

plus, bosh and wade are starting to look a lot better recently, therefore the help defense might not be there as much as it needs to be.

i'd love for the pacers to beat the heat. i think they have a decent chance against heat.
When Acy starts: 2-0
When Amare starts: 0-2
User avatar
ibraheim718
RealGM
Posts: 25,850
And1: 4,672
Joined: Jul 01, 2010

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#139 » by ibraheim718 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:13 pm

br7knicks wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
granger can't contain lebron, especially coming off the injury he is. george might, but being the offensive focal point of that team, their team would take a hit if he's more focused on containing lebron


The point is nobody can contain Lebron... but they have the best combination of individual players that can match up (Granger, George) and sound team defense.


i know nobody can contain him. the only guy that had remote success is on his team (albeit, he's much older now). i do think they have some personnel that can help contain lebron (hibbert). i understand you're talking about a combination of players (george and granger). but granger was not a great defender prior to the injury, and he probably won't look too great afterwards.

with george, i think of DLee on the knicks several years ago. he had to focus more on offense than defense because he was the only one that could put the ball in the basket. i feel that caused him to take a major hit defensively. although george has a much better supporting cast (west, hibbert, etc.), he is the main guy on that team offensively and if he's going to focus on lebron, their offense might take a hit.

plus, bosh and wade are starting to look a lot better recently, therefore the help defense might not be there as much as it needs to be.

i'd love for the pacers to beat the heat. i think they have a decent chance against heat.


Word.. heres my theory on beating Miami.. you need a shot blocker.. a rim protector... then you can't double anyone and you have to chase the old geezer shooters off of the 3pt line and on offense you have to beat them up down low. Hibbert/Mahimni need to protect the rim... Hill,George,Granger,Stephenson need to chase the shooters away, and West/Hibbert need to beat them up down low. Miami's struggles with them last year were real.. but this year with George coming into his own and being confident in his ability to score much more than last year I think they pose a real threat to Miami.
User avatar
2010
RealGM
Posts: 11,769
And1: 1,422
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
Location: "To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"
       

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#140 » by 2010 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:58 pm

nyk4life12 wrote:Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
Starting lineup may not change sez Woody. Toronto plays too much smallball.


For the love of God why the phuck is this moron so reactive? Why doesn't he be proactive for once and force the opposition to match up to us!
Detroit Pistons
(Run, run, run...)

PG: M. Carter-Williams | A. Brooks | N. De Colo
SG: G. Green | M. Thornton | A. Shved
SF: P. George | A. Bennett
PF: C. Frye | J. Maxiell
C: J. McGee | N. Noel | V. Faverani
User avatar
Sprewell4Three
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,289
And1: 858
Joined: Apr 08, 2011

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#141 » by Sprewell4Three » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:03 pm

GONYK wrote:I'm concerned with 2 things:

1. He cites defense as the problem, but contemplates inserting Copeland into the SL

2. He thinks Melo and Ray are enough for a productive offense.


This is the most surprising thing he said.
User avatar
Sprewell4Three
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,289
And1: 858
Joined: Apr 08, 2011

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#142 » by Sprewell4Three » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:10 pm

Start Smith and Amare
User avatar
keyindabox
Starter
Posts: 2,327
And1: 170
Joined: Mar 19, 2004
Location: Dirty Jersey
     

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#143 » by keyindabox » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:00 pm

barborous wrote:
keyindabox wrote:
barborous wrote:And now the "stop bitching guys, OMG knicks fans always overreact" crowd is starting to make its way out of the woodwork. No, we have a serious problem. We have precisely zero competent guards on the roster, our coach seems to have lost all ability to adapt, our defense AND offense from the beginning of the season have completely disappeared, we're on a mediocre slide that's pushing two months long now, and we're almost certain to lose both our #2 seed, the division title, and possibly even HCA before the playoffs at this rate.


Image


It's the truth. Cry some more.

Fat Kat wrote:
barborous wrote:And now the "stop bitching guys, OMG knicks fans always overreact" crowd is starting to make its way out of the woodwork. No, we have a serious problem. We have precisely zero competent guards on the roster, our coach seems to have lost all ability to adapt, our defense AND offense from the beginning of the season have completely disappeared, we're on a mediocre slide that's pushing two months long now, and we're almost certain to lose both our #2 seed, the division title, and possibly even HCA before the playoffs at this rate.


I think what some are dismayed by is the constant nagging like tone that's prevalent when the team is doing bad. We've had posters return from "retirement" and come back from self imposed exile just to dump on the team they're a "fan" of. If the team is such a source of discontent, why stick around just to whine? Logging on just rage is counterproductive. No?

Attitudes, positive or negative are contagious. Some prefer to stay positive, even while being critical. Sports after all should be an escape IMO.

If you haven't had one positive post this season, perhaps that person should log off. There are many that fit that category.


I was plenty enthusiastic at the beginning of the season. As this team got worse and worse, I've gradually posted less about the team because of how depressing it is, and haven't been one of the people continually bitching about the team, because there's really no point in my view. But those people are completely right to be unhappy about how the team looks, and I got tired of seeing them get rained on.



Image

Seriously though, when we win 5 in a row and are firmly in second/third place in a month and everyone is praising Woodson has the best coach for the Knicks since JVG, I'll make sure to "cry some more." :wink:

I don't understand why everything has to be so hot and cold with this board. What ever happened to having perspective? Rome wasn't built in a day fellas.
User avatar
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 39,057
And1: 2,643
Joined: Dec 06, 2002
Location: Playoffs Fool!
Contact:

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#144 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:25 pm

I think we need to start a big, even if its Novak, to help balance out the floor some

yes weve been getting killed on the perimeter but weve also been killed inside and with slow starts

Hell, Id even consider starting Thomas again if, for some reason, we are set on not starting Amare
User avatar
prophet_of_rage
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,133
And1: 579
Joined: Jan 06, 2005

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#145 » by prophet_of_rage » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:38 pm

Only way Amar'e starts is if he joins the CAA. :( The Knicks refuse to do what it takes to win.
BasicBall
RealGM
Posts: 10,969
And1: 312
Joined: Jul 18, 2003

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#146 » by BasicBall » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:18 pm

Bring Kidd off the bench to stabilize JR and Amare...Start Shump at the 2....start Kenyon as soon as the ink dries and put Melo at the damn small forward spot....and for god's sake release Copeland and sign Amundson
Marv Albert: The Knicks have already said they are not interested in Iverson!
Reggie Miller replies, "You mean to tell me he isn't better than Chris Duhon?"

MEN LIE, WOMEN LIE, NUMBERS DON'T!
User avatar
earthmansurfer
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,272
And1: 171
Joined: Apr 13, 2006
Location: NY Born, now in Germany
       

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#147 » by earthmansurfer » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:29 pm

keyindabox wrote:
Image

Seriously though, when we win 5 in a row and are firmly in second/third place in a month and everyone is praising Woodson has the best coach for the Knicks since JVG, I'll make sure to "cry some more." :wink:

I don't understand why everything has to be so hot and cold with this board. What ever happened to having perspective? Rome wasn't built in a day fellas.


We have been playing like crap, both offensively and defensively, for around 2 months now. Can you really just break this down to "perspective"? The ship is sinking and we need to make some changes. 18 - 18 over the last 36 (or something like that) is nothing to sneeze it. After all, this team wants to win a championship and it's not how you start, it's how you finish. This is serious (albeit we are talking about a game).
User avatar
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 35,719
And1: 5,057
Joined: Jan 14, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#148 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:35 pm

That lineup is quite pathetic, but i'd expect a lineup change that takes Shump out, insert Cope or White.

Kidd continues to play 30+ minutes to get rest for the push.
Image
ctorres
RealGM
Posts: 12,202
And1: 1,064
Joined: Jun 04, 2005
Contact:

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#149 » by ctorres » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:40 pm

I think he's waiting for Kenyon Martin to come in so he can immediately start him.
User avatar
ccvle
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,195
And1: 54
Joined: Aug 03, 2002

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#150 » by ccvle » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:52 pm

Still can't believe people thought this team is more talented than some of Carmelo's nugget teams.
iHeartKNicks
Pro Prospect
Posts: 898
And1: 104
Joined: Feb 20, 2010
Location: Queens. Get the money

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#151 » by iHeartKNicks » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:52 pm

ccvle wrote:Still can't believe people thought this team is more talented than some of Carmelo's nugget teams.

I still think we are but Karl is a better coach
Twitter: AntBloom
IG: Antbloom
THE KNICKS WILL PREVAIL… eventually
User avatar
ccvle
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,195
And1: 54
Joined: Aug 03, 2002

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#152 » by ccvle » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:32 pm

iHeartKNicks wrote:
ccvle wrote:Still can't believe people thought this team is more talented than some of Carmelo's nugget teams.

I still think we are but Karl is a better coach


We are not. Carmelo played with Nene, Camby, Kenyon Martin and Chris Anderson upfront and either Iverson, Billups or Andre Miller in the backcourt. Those nuggets teams also had decent bench players with JR Smith, Earl Boykins,Reggie Evans, Anthony Carters, Linas Kleiza, and Eduardo Najera. Those guys werent exactly six man of the year, but atleast they didn't have to worry about having to start James white. The problem with those nuggets teams were injuries with the big guys, but it is not like we are a healthy team either.
User avatar
nykballa2k4
RealGM
Posts: 18,007
And1: 1,442
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: There are good players and there are bad players... Then...there's the other guys
       

Re: Woody may change starting lineup... 

Post#153 » by nykballa2k4 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:20 pm

All I want is an average coach. That is all. Why can't we have nice things? I would LOVE to have Don Cheyney back. Can we outbid on Vinny Del Negro? Jim O'Brien a free man? What is Eric Musselman up to? Derek Fisher could probably do something...
There is no asterisk on ANY N.B.A. titles.

Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Plan for success: draft Towns, sign Asik, Win. TAW

Return to New York Knicks